Ark1002

era 4
Anger Never Fades

113 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2020 at 9:31 PM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels shot sand out from his pouches. Glowing grains exploded behind him like a firework, leaving Tels himself nothing more than a mere silhouette. He commanded five ribbons, two for safety, to wrap around Freedom, and then used three others to push himself off the ground. He could use more to go faster, but it was better to conserve water.

Soon, they were airborne, flying through the air towards 17 Left Right Alley, TUBA Sector. City lights blurred by underneath them as they traversed across the buildings. 

Almost as soon as they had taken to the air, they dropped onto a fire escape next to a window. Tels shoved it open, and trusting that Freedom would follow, crawled inside.

The room Tels was in was dark, so he crawled towards the door to see if he could find a light switch. When he got there, Tels heard someone mumble past the door. Cautiously, he opened the door, and was greeted by the sight of a man sitting at the table and a girl looking quite startled behind him.

”You must be the man Compile sent,” Tels said, hand in his sand pouch just for safety. “And I take it that you’re Pry?” Tels said, addressing the girl.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:56 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

Bob had heard the girl, Pry, after he had said crow. He had debated turning and facing her, but has decided if she couldn't speak openly and not try sneaking behind him, he'd let her stew over whether she thought he'd attack or not. 

Now, hearing the man's voice, he took one last drink from his mug, set the map down and wrestled to his feet, banishing his thoughts of sleep.

"And you must be one of the people who the girl had said would be here." His voice held just a hint a sarcasm, he'd been here waiting for awhile, but couldn't hold it against them. He reminded himself yet again that he needed allies not foes, and have the room a short, yet respectful bow. 

"I can promise one and all, she was quite alright and safe when I had seen her last, and I assume you're not the sky and gossip type?" He straightened , and remained as straight as his tired muscles allowed, starring straight towards the man who had entered.

@Silva @Truthless of Shinovar

Pry stayed where she stood, watching the two men. Her heart pounded. Only years of training kept her from jumping at them and demanding they tell her exactly what was going on. She didn't like the look of either of them.

Climbing in through the window after Tels, Freedom surveyed the scene. Standing there was a man. Definitely not the type Compile ought to have been hanging out with.

Then again, Freedom thought, walking over to Tels. I'm one to talk. She kept just as strange, if not stranger, company. Compile, at least, didn't randomly meet up with a member of the Ghostblood triarchy.

"I'm glad to hear that my little sister is doing well." 

Pry warily looked at her, to Tels, then to the other man, then back at her. Freedom gave her a smile, trying to convey that at least Tels was trustfully.

Even gladder to see you in one piece, random guy.

She made eye contact with the visitor. "Now, why exactly are you here? I want an answer before I'll call Compile. For all we know you were sent by Crow to learn what we know. Yeah, Compile sent you, but I need a little more than that."

"Both of you," Pry cut in. Her eyes were pinned on Tels. "You're not off the hook either."

Freedom gave Tels a sympathetic look. I told you so.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:56 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

Bob had heard the girl, Pry, after he had said crow. He had debated turning and facing her, but has decided if she couldn't speak openly and not try sneaking behind him, he'd let her stew over whether she thought he'd attack or not. 

Now, hearing the man's voice, he took one last drink from his mug, set the map down and wrestled to his feet, banishing his thoughts of sleep.

"And you must be one of the people who the girl had said would be here." His voice held just a hint a sarcasm, he'd been here waiting for awhile, but couldn't hold it against them. He reminded himself yet again that he needed allies not foes, and have the room a short, yet respectful bow. 

"I can promise one and all, she was quite alright and safe when I had seen her last, and I assume you're not the sky and gossip type?" He straightened , and remained as straight as his tired muscles allowed, starring straight towards the man who had entered.

1 hour ago, Silva said:

Pry stayed where she stood, watching the two men. Her heart pounded. Only years of training kept her from jumping at them and demanding they tell her exactly what was going on. She didn't like the look of either of them.

Climbing in through the window after Tels, Freedom surveyed the scene. Standing there was a man. Definitely not the type Compile ought to have been hanging out with.

Then again, Freedom thought, walking over to Tels. I'm one to talk. She kept just as strange, if not stranger, company. Compile, at least, didn't randomly meet up with a member of the Ghostblood triarchy.

Pry warily looked at her, to Tels, then to the other man, then back at her. Freedom gave her a smile, trying to convey that at least Tels was trustfully.

She made eye contact with the visitor. "Now, why exactly are you here? I want an answer before I'll call Compile. For all we know you were sent by Crow to learn what we know. Yeah, Compile sent you, but I need a little more than that."

"Both of you," Pry cut in. Her eyes were pinned on Tels. "You're not off the hook either."

“That’s me,” Tels said, addressing the man who had just stood up at the table. “The name’s Tels.”  Turning towards the one that had to be Pry, he continued, “Assuming that you’re Pry, I humbly apologize for the intrusion. I can assure you, and your sister can back me up on this, that I’m here to help get your cousins back from Crow. We met shortly after the latest phoenix crisis and made a pact to help each other in one of us was in danger. When things went poorly for your cousins, Freedom gave me a call, and we’ve been doing what we can since.”

7 hours ago, kenod said:

twas a jest, my fine sir

7 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

"What more is there to tell? You join us, you get to meet your father, and then you serve him for the rest of time, but as soon as you join, your wishes shall begin to become reality. You could live with your beloved for all eternity. And if not, incinerate me. You can do it as many times as you wish! I'll keep coming back, again and again," The Tattered One cackled, very happy.

@Ark1002

Bellatrix eyebrow arched every higher up her face, almost to her hair.

"And how, do tell, will I join?"

"We must find the House of Horrors. Then you will be inducted to meet your father. I imagine that I will be put in place as your protector of sort, but I do not know. Follow me," The Tattered One says before going down five streets, turning left, going to the into an alley to the right, end hitting the end of the alley. If Bellatrix was following him, he would look for the clown face and say, "Hey, I'm Joe."

@Ark1002

Bellatrix stares at the tattered one, openmouthed.

"The hell?"

She was standing at the end of the alley, confused.

23 hours ago, Silva said:

Bob locked eyes with Freedom, not letting himself seem off balance for even a moment, they where definitely not the waste time talking type, and that he could respect.

"To answer both questions, I am a bounty hunter, my original patron is in Scadrial. My job was to eradicate the gangs involved in several different attacks, I think he was afraid he'd be next. While I was hunting different gangs, I noticed they had all been sent out by one person, going by the name crow. I decided for the same of my sanity I'd go after crow, cut the head of the snake, if you will." He nodded his head at the explanation, still maintaining eye contact, "I wasn't aware that your cousin's where hostages, but I have a reputation of few casualties that I will keep." That record was already over by this point, but he wasn't interested in setting a high score.

22 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

“That’s me,” Tels said, addressing the man who had just stood up at the table. “The name’s Tels.”  Turning towards the one that had to be Pry, he continued, “Assuming that you’re Pry, I humbly apologize for the intrusion. I can assure you, and your sister can back me up on this, that I’m here to help get your cousins back from Crow. We met shortly after the latest phoenix crisis and made a pact to help each other in one of us was in danger. When things went poorly for your cousins, Freedom gave me a call, and we’ve been doing what we can since.”

"The names Bod, and unless you intend to use that sand, I wouldn't use it for threatening, trained eyes will aim right for it and know where to hit to disable you." He turned his head at this point, looking Tels up and down.

he's seen fights, I doubt I'll need to worry about him being reckless. He thought to himself, and managed a wry smile.

On 2/4/2020 at 9:47 PM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

On 2/5/2020 at 8:12 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

Bob locked eyes with Freedom, not letting himself seem off balance for even a moment, they where definitely not the waste time talking type, and that he could respect.

"To answer both questions, I am a bounty hunter, my original patron is in Scadrial. My job was to eradicate the gangs involved in several different attacks, I think he was afraid he'd be next. While I was hunting different gangs, I noticed they had all been sent out by one person, going by the name crow. I decided for the same of my sanity I'd go after crow, cut the head of the snake, if you will." He nodded his head at the explanation, still maintaining eye contact, "I wasn't aware that your cousin's where hostages, but I have a reputation of few casualties that I will keep." That record was already over by this point, but he wasn't interested in setting a high score.

"The names Bod, and unless you intend to use that sand, I wouldn't use it for threatening, trained eyes will aim right for it and know where to hit to disable you." He turned his head at this point, looking Tels up and down.

he's seen fights, I doubt I'll need to worry about him being reckless. He thought to himself, and managed a wry smile.

"Thank you, Tels," Pry said, curtly.

Freedom looked at Pry. Her older sister still remained tense, but she thought she saw the slightest loosening. Maybe it was her imagination.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Bob," she told the bounty hunter. "And I hope your reputation doesn't lie." 

Because if you are considering deceiving us in any capacity, I will make sure your ego won't be the only thing that pays the price.

She took out her phone and snapped a picture of Bob before he had a chance to protest. That, she sent to Compile along with the message, We're all here. Now talk, please.

The response came immediately. Promise me you won't rashly go to the front door and try to do a hostage exchange.

Not your business, Freedom texted.

Do you want to know where Crow is or not? 

It was clear that Compile wasn't playing games. She would have to agree or waste time through other methods.

Fine. I promise I won't go rashly to the front door and try to do a hostage exchange. She replied, carefully leaving in a loophole.

Compile caught it immediately. Or thinking you're right in the head. No trying to give yourself in exchange for their freedoms. 

I promise. Freedom reluctantly wrote.

Dove Manor. texted Compile.

"Anyone know where Dove Manor is?" Freedom asked.

The name seemed almost like a joke. A crow living in a place called dove. Evil with peace. Two opposites constantly battling for the top spot. Ruin and Preservation, but with no hope of Harmony.

On 2/9/2020 at 7:56 AM, Silva said:

"Thank you, Tels," Pry said, curtly.

Freedom looked at Pry. Her older sister still remained tense, but she thought she saw the slightest loosening. Maybe it was her imagination.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Bob," she told the bounty hunter. "And I hope your reputation doesn't lie." 

Because if you are considering deceiving us in any capacity, I will make sure your ego won't be the only thing that pays the price.

She took out her phone and snapped a picture of Bob before he had a chance to protest. That, she sent to Compile along with the message, We're all here. Now talk, please.

The response came immediately. Promise me you won't rashly go to the front door and try to do a hostage exchange.

Not your business, Freedom texted.

Do you want to know where Crow is or not? 

It was clear that Compile wasn't playing games. She would have to agree or waste time through other methods.

Fine. I promise I won't go rashly to the front door and try to do a hostage exchange. She replied, carefully leaving in a loophole.

Compile caught it immediately. Or thinking you're right in the head. No trying to give yourself in exchange for their freedoms. 

I promise. Freedom reluctantly wrote.

Dove Manor. texted Compile.

"Anyone know where Dove Manor is?" Freedom asked.

The name seemed almost like a joke. A crow living in a place called dove. Evil with peace. Two opposites constantly battling for the top spot. Ruin and Preservation, but with no hope of Harmony.

"I had better not see that photo anywhere." Bob said cooly, most of his reputation had been built on the way he could blend in with a crowed without being noticed by his targets,he could be as close as he wanted and then he aware in no time.

He picked up his map, looking where he had crossed off spots, and smiled slightly, "I can hazard a guess, though it's not a strong guess."

Crow walked from the room, covered in blood. She had gone three hours, then switched the roles for an hour. Afterward, she had lain them down to sleep, and sung a rough sailors song to get them to sleep.

She smiled, blood splattered on her face, and walked upstairs. She changed into her power armor, and smiled, shaking out. Trophies of her many wars adorned the spikes of her dark power armor, and her eyes glowed red.

She thudded down the stairs, to where the rest of the Wered's sat in their cell. She loomed above the door, arms crossed, and her eerie voice boomed out.

"Stand."

@Silva

Asardin lowered the pict-seers from his eyes.

"And you're absolutely positive," he said, "that Crow is hiding out there?"

"I have not a doubt in my mind," Naum whispered, leaning on his staff. "The signs all point to here."

Asardin kept looking at the manor. He and the sorcerer were in a ruined apartment complex left over from the last war. The room they were in overlooked the most remote part of the city. There weren't a lot of people here anymore, not after the blood mists came. The ornate mansion decorated with ivory statues of doves stood out like a sore thumb.

He nodded. "Yeah. I can believe it. Get some of the chattle to keep an eye on the place. Make sure we know what Crow is doing, every second of the day." 

@Ark1002

20 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

"Stand."

"And I just slammed that door right in her face!" Tanel exclaimed. "Her expression was priceless."

"I thought she broke up with you..." Horizon said.

"Riz, you should know better than to listen to everything Viness tells you," Tanel said. He tried to keep his voice cheery. The less the younger ones felt that something was wrong, the better, in his mind.

"It wasn't Viness," said Moss. "It was Golda."

Golda jokingly glared at her little sister. "Way to throw me under the-"

She cut off as Crow's footsteps echoed towards them. The others followed suit, remnants of their illusion dissipating.

"Stand," Crow ordered. 

They scrambled to their feet. Golda protectively put an arm around Laurel. The girl shook it off. Golda didn't fight her. The action reminded her of herself. Stubborn as a mule sometimes, never willing to accept help or show any sign of weakness.

She stepped up, directly in front of the door, and spoke calmly. Surprisingly, her voice didn't break. "Good evening, Crow."

---

On 2/14/2020 at 11:13 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

He picked up his map, looking where he had crossed off spots, and smiled slightly, "I can hazard a guess, though it's not a strong guess."

"Deleted already," Freedom said, deleting the image. Compile probably had downloaded it and saved copies to a couple of her drives. Freedom didn't think it worth the hastle. "Now, where do you think Dove Manor might be? Any guess is better than none."

On 2/17/2020 at 2:44 PM, Silva said:

"Deleted already," Freedom said, deleting the image. Compile probably had downloaded it and saved copies to a couple of her drives. Freedom didn't think it worth the hastle. "Now, where do you think Dove Manor might be? Any guess is better than none."

"While I was waiting for you to arrive, I did some rooting around. I have been led all over this city and even into the forest outside of this city, and not one lead was fruitful," he pointed to a chunk of the map that had no marks on it, "that is, every search that led away from here. In their panic of covering up the location, they practically put a signal beacon on it." He was truely smiling now. He looked around the room at the faces before him, "we can hit it in the morning and part says by this time Tomorrow."

“That’s more than I know,” Tels said, leaning over the map. “I’m pretty localized in the Alleycity, so I’ve got no clue where Dove Manor could be. We probably need to leave now and get to the Wereds as soon as possible.”

@Silva @Chasmfiend#1

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar