Anger Never Fades

Ark1002

On 2/2/2020 at 9:31 PM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels shot sand out from his pouches. Glowing grains exploded behind him like a firework, leaving Tels himself nothing more than a mere silhouette. He commanded five ribbons, two for safety, to wrap around Freedom, and then used three others to push himself off the ground. He could use more to go faster, but it was better to conserve water.

Soon, they were airborne, flying through the air towards 17 Left Right Alley, TUBA Sector. City lights blurred by underneath them as they traversed across the buildings. 

Almost as soon as they had taken to the air, they dropped onto a fire escape next to a window. Tels shoved it open, and trusting that Freedom would follow, crawled inside.

The room Tels was in was dark, so he crawled towards the door to see if he could find a light switch. When he got there, Tels heard someone mumble past the door. Cautiously, he opened the door, and was greeted by the sight of a man sitting at the table and a girl looking quite startled behind him.

”You must be the man Compile sent,” Tels said, hand in his sand pouch just for safety. “And I take it that you’re Pry?” Tels said, addressing the girl.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:56 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

Bob had heard the girl, Pry, after he had said crow. He had debated turning and facing her, but has decided if she couldn't speak openly and not try sneaking behind him, he'd let her stew over whether she thought he'd attack or not. 

Now, hearing the man's voice, he took one last drink from his mug, set the map down and wrestled to his feet, banishing his thoughts of sleep.

"And you must be one of the people who the girl had said would be here." His voice held just a hint a sarcasm, he'd been here waiting for awhile, but couldn't hold it against them. He reminded himself yet again that he needed allies not foes, and have the room a short, yet respectful bow. 

"I can promise one and all, she was quite alright and safe when I had seen her last, and I assume you're not the sky and gossip type?" He straightened , and remained as straight as his tired muscles allowed, starring straight towards the man who had entered.

@Silva @Truthless of Shinovar

Pry stayed where she stood, watching the two men. Her heart pounded. Only years of training kept her from jumping at them and demanding they tell her exactly what was going on. She didn't like the look of either of them.

Climbing in through the window after Tels, Freedom surveyed the scene. Standing there was a man. Definitely not the type Compile ought to have been hanging out with.

Then again, Freedom thought, walking over to Tels. I'm one to talk. She kept just as strange, if not stranger, company. Compile, at least, didn't randomly meet up with a member of the Ghostblood triarchy.

"I'm glad to hear that my little sister is doing well." 

Pry warily looked at her, to Tels, then to the other man, then back at her. Freedom gave her a smile, trying to convey that at least Tels was trustfully.

Even gladder to see you in one piece, random guy.

She made eye contact with the visitor. "Now, why exactly are you here? I want an answer before I'll call Compile. For all we know you were sent by Crow to learn what we know. Yeah, Compile sent you, but I need a little more than that."

"Both of you," Pry cut in. Her eyes were pinned on Tels. "You're not off the hook either."

Freedom gave Tels a sympathetic look. I told you so.

On 2/2/2020 at 10:56 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

Bob had heard the girl, Pry, after he had said crow. He had debated turning and facing her, but has decided if she couldn't speak openly and not try sneaking behind him, he'd let her stew over whether she thought he'd attack or not. 

Now, hearing the man's voice, he took one last drink from his mug, set the map down and wrestled to his feet, banishing his thoughts of sleep.

"And you must be one of the people who the girl had said would be here." His voice held just a hint a sarcasm, he'd been here waiting for awhile, but couldn't hold it against them. He reminded himself yet again that he needed allies not foes, and have the room a short, yet respectful bow. 

"I can promise one and all, she was quite alright and safe when I had seen her last, and I assume you're not the sky and gossip type?" He straightened , and remained as straight as his tired muscles allowed, starring straight towards the man who had entered.

1 hour ago, Silva said:

Pry stayed where she stood, watching the two men. Her heart pounded. Only years of training kept her from jumping at them and demanding they tell her exactly what was going on. She didn't like the look of either of them.

Climbing in through the window after Tels, Freedom surveyed the scene. Standing there was a man. Definitely not the type Compile ought to have been hanging out with.

Then again, Freedom thought, walking over to Tels. I'm one to talk. She kept just as strange, if not stranger, company. Compile, at least, didn't randomly meet up with a member of the Ghostblood triarchy.

Pry warily looked at her, to Tels, then to the other man, then back at her. Freedom gave her a smile, trying to convey that at least Tels was trustfully.

She made eye contact with the visitor. "Now, why exactly are you here? I want an answer before I'll call Compile. For all we know you were sent by Crow to learn what we know. Yeah, Compile sent you, but I need a little more than that."

"Both of you," Pry cut in. Her eyes were pinned on Tels. "You're not off the hook either."

“That’s me,” Tels said, addressing the man who had just stood up at the table. “The name’s Tels.”  Turning towards the one that had to be Pry, he continued, “Assuming that you’re Pry, I humbly apologize for the intrusion. I can assure you, and your sister can back me up on this, that I’m here to help get your cousins back from Crow. We met shortly after the latest phoenix crisis and made a pact to help each other in one of us was in danger. When things went poorly for your cousins, Freedom gave me a call, and we’ve been doing what we can since.”

7 hours ago, kenod said:

twas a jest, my fine sir

7 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

"What more is there to tell? You join us, you get to meet your father, and then you serve him for the rest of time, but as soon as you join, your wishes shall begin to become reality. You could live with your beloved for all eternity. And if not, incinerate me. You can do it as many times as you wish! I'll keep coming back, again and again," The Tattered One cackled, very happy.

@Ark1002

Bellatrix eyebrow arched every higher up her face, almost to her hair.

"And how, do tell, will I join?"

"We must find the House of Horrors. Then you will be inducted to meet your father. I imagine that I will be put in place as your protector of sort, but I do not know. Follow me," The Tattered One says before going down five streets, turning left, going to the into an alley to the right, end hitting the end of the alley. If Bellatrix was following him, he would look for the clown face and say, "Hey, I'm Joe."

@Ark1002

23 hours ago, Silva said:

Bob locked eyes with Freedom, not letting himself seem off balance for even a moment, they where definitely not the waste time talking type, and that he could respect.

"To answer both questions, I am a bounty hunter, my original patron is in Scadrial. My job was to eradicate the gangs involved in several different attacks, I think he was afraid he'd be next. While I was hunting different gangs, I noticed they had all been sent out by one person, going by the name crow. I decided for the same of my sanity I'd go after crow, cut the head of the snake, if you will." He nodded his head at the explanation, still maintaining eye contact, "I wasn't aware that your cousin's where hostages, but I have a reputation of few casualties that I will keep." That record was already over by this point, but he wasn't interested in setting a high score.

22 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

“That’s me,” Tels said, addressing the man who had just stood up at the table. “The name’s Tels.”  Turning towards the one that had to be Pry, he continued, “Assuming that you’re Pry, I humbly apologize for the intrusion. I can assure you, and your sister can back me up on this, that I’m here to help get your cousins back from Crow. We met shortly after the latest phoenix crisis and made a pact to help each other in one of us was in danger. When things went poorly for your cousins, Freedom gave me a call, and we’ve been doing what we can since.”

"The names Bod, and unless you intend to use that sand, I wouldn't use it for threatening, trained eyes will aim right for it and know where to hit to disable you." He turned his head at this point, looking Tels up and down.

he's seen fights, I doubt I'll need to worry about him being reckless. He thought to himself, and managed a wry smile.

On 2/4/2020 at 9:47 PM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

On 2/5/2020 at 8:12 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

Bob locked eyes with Freedom, not letting himself seem off balance for even a moment, they where definitely not the waste time talking type, and that he could respect.

"To answer both questions, I am a bounty hunter, my original patron is in Scadrial. My job was to eradicate the gangs involved in several different attacks, I think he was afraid he'd be next. While I was hunting different gangs, I noticed they had all been sent out by one person, going by the name crow. I decided for the same of my sanity I'd go after crow, cut the head of the snake, if you will." He nodded his head at the explanation, still maintaining eye contact, "I wasn't aware that your cousin's where hostages, but I have a reputation of few casualties that I will keep." That record was already over by this point, but he wasn't interested in setting a high score.

"The names Bod, and unless you intend to use that sand, I wouldn't use it for threatening, trained eyes will aim right for it and know where to hit to disable you." He turned his head at this point, looking Tels up and down.

he's seen fights, I doubt I'll need to worry about him being reckless. He thought to himself, and managed a wry smile.

"Thank you, Tels," Pry said, curtly.

Freedom looked at Pry. Her older sister still remained tense, but she thought she saw the slightest loosening. Maybe it was her imagination.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Bob," she told the bounty hunter. "And I hope your reputation doesn't lie." 

Because if you are considering deceiving us in any capacity, I will make sure your ego won't be the only thing that pays the price.

She took out her phone and snapped a picture of Bob before he had a chance to protest. That, she sent to Compile along with the message, We're all here. Now talk, please.

The response came immediately. Promise me you won't rashly go to the front door and try to do a hostage exchange.

Not your business, Freedom texted.

Do you want to know where Crow is or not? 

It was clear that Compile wasn't playing games. She would have to agree or waste time through other methods.

Fine. I promise I won't go rashly to the front door and try to do a hostage exchange. She replied, carefully leaving in a loophole.

Compile caught it immediately. Or thinking you're right in the head. No trying to give yourself in exchange for their freedoms. 

I promise. Freedom reluctantly wrote.

Dove Manor. texted Compile.

"Anyone know where Dove Manor is?" Freedom asked.

The name seemed almost like a joke. A crow living in a place called dove. Evil with peace. Two opposites constantly battling for the top spot. Ruin and Preservation, but with no hope of Harmony.

On 2/9/2020 at 7:56 AM, Silva said:

"Thank you, Tels," Pry said, curtly.

Freedom looked at Pry. Her older sister still remained tense, but she thought she saw the slightest loosening. Maybe it was her imagination.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Bob," she told the bounty hunter. "And I hope your reputation doesn't lie." 

Because if you are considering deceiving us in any capacity, I will make sure your ego won't be the only thing that pays the price.

She took out her phone and snapped a picture of Bob before he had a chance to protest. That, she sent to Compile along with the message, We're all here. Now talk, please.

The response came immediately. Promise me you won't rashly go to the front door and try to do a hostage exchange.

Not your business, Freedom texted.

Do you want to know where Crow is or not? 

It was clear that Compile wasn't playing games. She would have to agree or waste time through other methods.

Fine. I promise I won't go rashly to the front door and try to do a hostage exchange. She replied, carefully leaving in a loophole.

Compile caught it immediately. Or thinking you're right in the head. No trying to give yourself in exchange for their freedoms. 

I promise. Freedom reluctantly wrote.

Dove Manor. texted Compile.

"Anyone know where Dove Manor is?" Freedom asked.

The name seemed almost like a joke. A crow living in a place called dove. Evil with peace. Two opposites constantly battling for the top spot. Ruin and Preservation, but with no hope of Harmony.

"I had better not see that photo anywhere." Bob said cooly, most of his reputation had been built on the way he could blend in with a crowed without being noticed by his targets,he could be as close as he wanted and then he aware in no time.

He picked up his map, looking where he had crossed off spots, and smiled slightly, "I can hazard a guess, though it's not a strong guess."

Crow walked from the room, covered in blood. She had gone three hours, then switched the roles for an hour. Afterward, she had lain them down to sleep, and sung a rough sailors song to get them to sleep.

She smiled, blood splattered on her face, and walked upstairs. She changed into her power armor, and smiled, shaking out. Trophies of her many wars adorned the spikes of her dark power armor, and her eyes glowed red.

She thudded down the stairs, to where the rest of the Wered's sat in their cell. She loomed above the door, arms crossed, and her eerie voice boomed out.

"Stand."

@Silva

Asardin lowered the pict-seers from his eyes.

"And you're absolutely positive," he said, "that Crow is hiding out there?"

"I have not a doubt in my mind," Naum whispered, leaning on his staff. "The signs all point to here."

Asardin kept looking at the manor. He and the sorcerer were in a ruined apartment complex left over from the last war. The room they were in overlooked the most remote part of the city. There weren't a lot of people here anymore, not after the blood mists came. The ornate mansion decorated with ivory statues of doves stood out like a sore thumb.

He nodded. "Yeah. I can believe it. Get some of the chattle to keep an eye on the place. Make sure we know what Crow is doing, every second of the day." 

@Ark1002

20 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

"Stand."

"And I just slammed that door right in her face!" Tanel exclaimed. "Her expression was priceless."

"I thought she broke up with you..." Horizon said.

"Riz, you should know better than to listen to everything Viness tells you," Tanel said. He tried to keep his voice cheery. The less the younger ones felt that something was wrong, the better, in his mind.

"It wasn't Viness," said Moss. "It was Golda."

Golda jokingly glared at her little sister. "Way to throw me under the-"

She cut off as Crow's footsteps echoed towards them. The others followed suit, remnants of their illusion dissipating.

"Stand," Crow ordered. 

They scrambled to their feet. Golda protectively put an arm around Laurel. The girl shook it off. Golda didn't fight her. The action reminded her of herself. Stubborn as a mule sometimes, never willing to accept help or show any sign of weakness.

She stepped up, directly in front of the door, and spoke calmly. Surprisingly, her voice didn't break. "Good evening, Crow."

---

On 2/14/2020 at 11:13 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

He picked up his map, looking where he had crossed off spots, and smiled slightly, "I can hazard a guess, though it's not a strong guess."

"Deleted already," Freedom said, deleting the image. Compile probably had downloaded it and saved copies to a couple of her drives. Freedom didn't think it worth the hastle. "Now, where do you think Dove Manor might be? Any guess is better than none."

On 2/17/2020 at 2:44 PM, Silva said:

"Deleted already," Freedom said, deleting the image. Compile probably had downloaded it and saved copies to a couple of her drives. Freedom didn't think it worth the hastle. "Now, where do you think Dove Manor might be? Any guess is better than none."

"While I was waiting for you to arrive, I did some rooting around. I have been led all over this city and even into the forest outside of this city, and not one lead was fruitful," he pointed to a chunk of the map that had no marks on it, "that is, every search that led away from here. In their panic of covering up the location, they practically put a signal beacon on it." He was truely smiling now. He looked around the room at the faces before him, "we can hit it in the morning and part says by this time Tomorrow."

“That’s more than I know,” Tels said, leaning over the map. “I’m pretty localized in the Alleycity, so I’ve got no clue where Dove Manor could be. We probably need to leave now and get to the Wereds as soon as possible.”

@Silva @Chasmfiend#1

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

On 2/20/2020 at 11:25 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

"While I was waiting for you to arrive, I did some rooting around. I have been led all over this city and even into the forest outside of this city, and not one lead was fruitful," he pointed to a chunk of the map that had no marks on it, "that is, every search that led away from here. In their panic of covering up the location, they practically put a signal beacon on it." He was truely smiling now. He looked around the room at the faces before him, "we can hit it in the morning and part says by this time Tomorrow."

On 2/21/2020 at 10:51 AM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

“That’s more than I know,” Tels said, leaning over the map. “I’m pretty localized in the Alleycity, so I’ve got no clue where Dove Manor could be. We probably need to leave now and get to the Wereds as soon as possible.”

@Silva @Chasmfiend#1

Freedom nodded in agreement. "The sooner the better." She started walking to the door.

"You're idiots," Pry said. 

Freedom turned to look at her sister who was standing with her arms crossed. 

"Think for just a moment: every intelligent person on this planet is aware that the night is the best time to go looking surreptitiously without being watched. So much so that doing so is no longer an intelligent strategy. Crow is likely to have better guarding and shielding during nighttime hours because she'll expect you then. In addition, assuming it will take you through the night and into the day to figure out which building is Dove Manor, none of you will have slept and to my knowledge, none of you can store Wakefulness. You'll be dead on your feet," Pry explained. "Instead, if you were to sleep for a couple hours and then go, you'd be both more productive and more successful."

Of course, Freedom thought. She had to let out her maternal tendencies of over-estimating the amount of sleep necessary.

"And leave them in Crow's hands longer?" Freedom asked. "I think not."

"Better than you three with them."

I wouldn't be with them if Crow captured us. I'd be dead.

But she wouldn't tell Pry that. Her sister couldn't handle that just as she couldn't handle the sight of blood. They all had their own weaknesses, some more avoidable than others.

Exasperation apparent in her eyes, she posed the question to Tels and Bob. Better to let them choose since it was their prior conflicting statements that led to this. "What do you want to do?

20 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Crow's voice boomed out, like death itself. "Which one of you is which ferring? If you lie to me..." She clenched her fist. "I will punish all of you... severely."

@Silva

"Our cousins are Ferrings, not us," Golda said, surprised Crow didn't already know that. "We're Mistings, actually."

She paused, wondering if someone else wanted to take it from there. None of her siblings spoke up. Fine. She'd do it. "The little ones you took elsewhere burn," she considered lying there.

A small lie.

One to keep Crow on her feet. To call Fog a Seer rather than an Augur. It wouldn't make a big difference, only protect the girl a smidge. 

No. It wouldn't help and could only hurt, she decided.

She spoke before she could change her mind again. "Iron and gold, oldest to youngest, respectively. Viness burns Tin." She pointed to Horizon who was standing next to the eldest. "She burns bendalloy."

Her finger drifted to Semb. "Electrum."

Over to the next sibling.

"Duralumin." Clove.

"Pewter." Laurel.  

"Nicrosil." Fild.

"Steel." Silk.

"Copper." Tanel. 

"Zinc." Bened.

"Cadmium." Moss.

"Chromium and Bronze." Terra and Honeed.

"Aluminum." Fauna.

Finally there was just her. She brought her bland expressionless gaze to Crow. "And I burn brass. Anything else you'd like?"

Actually she knew that... i could edit it... but... slip of tongue. 

Crow unclenched the fist, and reached out, ripping the door off the hinges.

"I cannot allow my pets to become too... rebellious."

Her eyes pulsed an eerie purple color, and the skulls on her shoulder spikes eyes burned red. She summoned her shardblade, and stabbed it into the ground about a foot from her. She let go, leaving it there, and stepped forward, filling the entire doorway. She threw the door backwards as she did. She pulled off her helmet, sickly blond hair falling only to her shoulders swaying in the light current through the dungeon.

"Now, which one is Viness?"

@Silva

5 hours ago, Silva said:

Exasperation apparent in her eyes, she posed the question to Tels and Bob. Better to let them choose since it was their prior conflicting statements that led to this. "What do you want to do?

" Your sister's right, " he said, looking at Freedom, "I'll be blunt and honest with you, my powers take their toll over usage. As of now I doubt I could handle you three now, and there's chance Crow will only have three guard's." Honesty was a great trust builder, he had learned, and he knew he was at his limits for both powers.

I'd be lucky if broke legs where all I'd be paid for from teleportation right now. And even luckier if stun only stopped my heart...

"I think we should rest, gather our strength before trying anything...rash." He'd seen the look on Freedom's face, the look that many carried when seeking vengeance. He also recalled how most times, their thirst was their fall.

10 hours ago, Chasmfiend#1 said:

"I think we should rest, gather our strength before trying anything...rash." He'd seen the look on Freedom's face, the look that many carried when seeking vengeance. He also recalled how most times, their thirst was their fall.

"Unacceptable."

The word hissed through the air, low and rasping. A human skull, stuffed with exposed wiring and a single robotic eye, floated through the window of Freedom's apartment. 

"We cannot afford delay," the voice continued. It appeared to be emanating from a tiny speaker jammed in the skull's jaw. "If we wait until morning, we will find only the Wereds' husks. Alive, or not." The skull wobbled closer to Bob, glaring at him. "But, as for you, feel free to sleep peacefully while Crow tortures those children. If you cannot inconvenience yourself to even raise a hand to aid them, then you have no place here."

The skull turned away, back towards Freedom. "This is Chaplain Honerva speaking," it said, the tone softening. "Are you and Pry safe?"

@Silva @Chasmfiend#1 @Truthless of Shinovar

Edited by Grey Knight

On 2/25/2020 at 11:30 AM, Grey Knight said:

The skull turned away, back towards Freedom. "This is Chaplain Honerva speaking," it said, the tone softening. "Are you and Pry safe?"

Indecision was apparent on Freedom's face, so when Honerva spoke, it was Pry who answered. There was one thing she knew how to do, even if she hadn't done it much lately: stay calm under pressure and tough situations. 

"We're safe at the moment. There haven't been any sign of real threats or risks of any sort in the nearby perimeter," she said to the skull. "The only danger at this moment is that of people running off rashly."

She paused. Somehow they could accomplish both goals to an extent. Sleep and make progress.

Pry took the map from Bob and inspected it. "Look here. The area we're looking at is formerly residential, now abandoned. For Crow this is perfect because it means there are large, empty buildings for her to hole up with captives in. For us, it means a way to make some progress by getting to know the landscape and basic architectural styles around. Those can make actually getting in and out much easier and successful. Last time Freedom and I infiltrated a place dominated by Crow, she had infinitely more knowledge about the setup than we did. Navigation was incredibly difficult and we didn't even end up leaving the way we came. We had to use tia cards to get out. If we have even a scrap of an idea, everything simplifies. No one's going to give us a blueprint; the only way to learn is to explore and we can only do that in buildings Crow isn't in. And, being abandoned buildings, we can camp out there. Scouting isn't all that draining. We can do that to make a dent, sleep, and be ready to act immediately tomorrow morning."

Her phone pinged loudly, breaking the mood of the room. The text was from Compile. And don't worry, I'm awake and working magic. Crow won't be getting much rest.

"And Compile says she's got us covered for now.," Pry finished.

She looked back at the skull. "There's only so much we can do, Honerva. We're human."

@Chasmfiend#1 @Truthless of Shinovar

---

Compile meant what she said. Her nap after meeting Bob hadn't lasted long. She'd gotten up and done some research before stumbling upon Annoying Messengers and Co. They delivered to Alleycity and were surprisingly cheap. 

The messenger who got Compile's letter had no idea what it contained. He just headed out to the area pointed out to him by the locals. He was fully equipped with protective gear and ways to annoy. 

The building was imposing. Gargoyle-like statues and weird doves. He supressed a shudder before raising the knocker and letting it fall on the door multiple times.

"Message for Miss Crow! Message for Miss Crow!" he yelled.

Then he pulled out a tuba and began to play a self-composed piece he called The Dying Drunk Monkey's Ballad louder than one would have thought possible from a tuba. If someone didn't come soon, he'd pull out bigger guns. 

---

Faint sound from the messenger far above reached the dungeon. Hardly audible to the Wereds who lacked enhanced senses. 

Golda's eyes flicked all over Crow. From her ratty hair, to the armor, to the ground. Everything besides her freaky purple eyes. And the Shardblade stabbed threateningly into the floor.

She let a tremble travel across her. Let all the fear carefully held back by a mental barrier break through. Let the facade of bravery fall away.

So when she pointed generally, her hand was too shaky to stay on any one sibling. 

And no sign of the terror seemed faked. It all looked like her actions were truly that way because of fear.

Because it was.

@Ark1002

Bob had stayed calm, unnerved by the skull that had practically tried guilt tripping him, practically in his face telling HIM what to do. Did whoever this was really think Bob had just dropped down and decided to slow down with out need? He focused on what Pry was saying, not trusting himself to respond.

"I bet I could get someone to squeal the layout of the place, but that could take longer than expected. I agree with you. If you want to get creative we could pretend as though we're a new family in the neighborhood. Once I've seen what we're against, I bet I can get us out again, though I'll need to be well rested for what I have in mind." 

teleport them in, find the captives, then teleport the captives out to another building, a safer place away from where the fighting will happen. That was his plan, he doubted he'd be able to get these three out of they saw crow, and so he'd be in that fight to, not because he liked them, he reminded himself, but because of his mission.

@Silva @Truthless of Shinovar @Grey Knight

When the skull floated in the room, Tels jumped a little bit and almost commanded his sand to attack. Tels let out a breath he didn’t realize he was holding, however, when the skull began talking to Freedom and Pry, and they responded as if it was the most normal thing in the world. Hmm... Almost six months living in the Alleycity and I still haven’t gotten used to all of the strangeness. I need to do better.
When Pry began to explain her plan, Tels nodded in agreement. Better to get every advantage they could get against the enemy. 
“That sounds like a good plan,” Tels said. “Set up camp nearby, study the battlefield, and wait for an opening when Crow won’t be expecting to be attacked. Preferably, we can sneak in, get the kids, sneak out, and get them to someplace safe where Crow can’t find them until we deal with her. Does anybody know someplace that Crow is guaranteed not to know about?”

@Silva @Chasmfiend#1 @Grey Knight

Edited by Truthless of Shinovar

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 0:17 PM, Silva said:

Compile meant what she said. Her nap after meeting Bob hadn't lasted long. She'd gotten up and done some research before stumbling upon Annoying Messengers and Co. They delivered to Alleycity and were surprisingly cheap. 

The messenger who got Compile's letter had no idea what it contained. He just headed out to the area pointed out to him by the locals. He was fully equipped with protective gear and ways to annoy. 

The building was imposing. Gargoyle-like statues and weird doves. He supressed a shudder before raising the knocker and letting it fall on the door multiple times.

"Message for Miss Crow! Message for Miss Crow!" he yelled.

Then he pulled out a tuba and began to play a self-composed piece he called The Dying Drunk Monkey's Ballad louder than one would have thought possible from a tuba. If someone didn't come soon, he'd pull out bigger guns. 

---

Faint sound from the messenger far above reached the dungeon. Hardly audible to the Wereds who lacked enhanced senses. 

Golda's eyes flicked all over Crow. From her ratty hair, to the armor, to the ground. Everything besides her freaky purple eyes. And the Shardblade stabbed threateningly into the floor.

She let a tremble travel across her. Let all the fear carefully held back by a mental barrier break through. Let the facade of bravery fall away.

So when she pointed generally, her hand was too shaky to stay on any one sibling. 

And no sign of the terror seemed faked. It all looked like her actions were truly that way because of fear.

Because it was.

@Ark1002

A guard strolled up, looking tired. He was a horneater, wearing black kevlar, and holding what would on a smaller man have to be lifted by a tripod. On him, it was carried over his shoulder. He had dyed green hair, a nose ring like a bull, and skull tattoos on his neck, a few that looked like they might be different species.

He growled heavily, and reached out with one hand, grabbing the messenger by the hair.

"What in the depths of damnation do you want," he leaned in very close, spittle flying, "sir."

~-~-~-~-~

Crow made a guttural sound, deep in her throat. She backhanded Golda, sending her flying with a hand print on her cheek."Vinness was eldest..." She looked around, for the eldest looking of the female Wered's. She grabbed that one, no matter what she was doing, and dragged her out of the cell, dismissing the blade, and slammed it shut. She brought the girl to the cell opposite the Wered's. Within, there was a pit of coals, which she lit with a flick of a switch. And metal.

"So,you're a tin ferring eh? Well, I think it's time you lost a few of those senses you can enhance."

She stuck the metal into the fire, chuckling.

12 hours ago, Arcc1002 said:

A guard strolled up, looking tired. He was a horneater, wearing black kevlar, and holding what would on a smaller man have to be lifted by a tripod. On him, it was carried over his shoulder. He had dyed green hair, a nose ring like a bull, and skull tattoos on his neck, a few that looked like they might be different species.

He growled heavily, and reached out with one hand, grabbing the messenger by the hair.

"What in the depths of damnation do you want," he leaned in very close, spittle flying, "sir."

This was above his paygrade. He was hired to bother exes and childhood bullies, not people wired hired thugs protecting them. He would have to ask his client for a raise. 

The messenger finished playing the section he was on, which, thankfully, was close. Then he gulped and put on a brave face which looked like a guy trying to smile while wincing.

"Didn't you hear?! Are you deaf?! I've got a message for a Ms. Crow, sir!" he mimicked the horneater's tone. "Judging by what I was told, she'll be wanting it pretty badly. Tell her it's from a..." He reached into his pocket and took out a crumpled envelope. He squinted at the writing on it. "L. Acute? That's a funky last name."

He shoved it back away. "Well, anyways, if you could just fetch her please. I'm not supposed to give it to anyone else--it's gotta go straight to Ms. Crow. L. Acute was very specific. Please?"

---

12 hours ago, Arcc1002 said:

Crow made a guttural sound, deep in her throat. She backhanded Golda, sending her flying with a hand print on her cheek."Vinness was eldest..." She looked around, for the eldest looking of the female Wered's. She grabbed that one, no matter what she was doing, and dragged her out of the cell, dismissing the blade, and slammed it shut. She brought the girl to the cell opposite the Wered's. Within, there was a pit of coals, which she lit with a flick of a switch. And metal.

"So,you're a tin ferring eh? Well, I think it's time you lost a few of those senses you can enhance."

She stuck the metal into the fire, chuckling.

I've got to say it: I don't see how that helps advance anything. We know Crow is insane and has no regard for life, we've known that for quite a while. We know the Wereds aren't in a great state (they're wounded, hungry, and in a place that will send their remaining mental stability flying soon enough). This is a step beyond what needs to be taken. Additionally, the Wereds are tertiary characters (I consider the other Acutes secondary and this is one more step away). I thought through a couple ways this might be a useful piece of CD were Viness or Silk (since the only thing Crow relied on was visible age, it is plausible for it to be Silk, rather than Viness that Crow grabbed) used as primary characters later on, but the truth is, I can't see myself ever focusing fully on them. There are many others that take precedence. 

Meaning, this kind of feels senseless...

Golda stayed down on the floor, not wanting to get up. What was the point?

She'd be struck down again.

And again.

And again. 

And again.

Over and over.

A thin hand touched her arm.

"Hypocrite," a quiet voice said. 

Golda ignored it. It wasn't hypocrisy to change one's life views.

The hand squeezed her. "You have no right to back down now. Not now."

She turned her head. It was Fauna. Her forehead might have been scabbing and blistering and her dark hair was starting to resemble Crow's (Golda quickly purged that image from her head), but at that moment, all she saw was the hopeful face looking down at her saying the same thing over and over.

If you can't keep going, none of us can.

Pulling her arm free, she squeezed Fawn's arm back before sitting up. She ached and her cheek stung like fire, there was no denying that. 

But it was bearable, each pain now a symbol of a small victory.

A victory of pure willpower never to back down.

"Do you remember my counterpart, Pry?" she called out. "Same age as me? Tallish? Tan? Dark stick straight hair? Maybe not, though. She didn't spend as long by you. By that point, she'd already moved out of the house to Alleycity. Kind of like what Freedom's now doing. Did you know that? Freedom's in Alleycity."

Without even looking, she knew all her siblings eyes were on her. Was she trying to get their cousin killed? She knew just as much as the rest of them how Crow felt about the Acutes. Did she have any idea what she doing?

The answer was simple: Not in the least.

Edited by Silva

18 hours ago, Arcc1002 said:

The man reached out his other arm, wrapping it around the man's neck. He lifted him into the air, squeezing tight.

"I'll take you to her. We'll see if you're still alive by the time we get there."

He walked inside, slamming the door, and began to walk down.

~-~-~-~-~

Crow paused, metal pausing a quarter of an inch from the eye of the girl, heat pulsing outward, drying and hurting the eye.

"Freedom. Ironic."

She turned her head slowly, not moving the metal.

"Considering what I'll do to her. After what I do to all of you."

She turned back, and plunged the blade in.

Ark, you said you were going to be toning it down. This is the literal opposite of toning it down.

Please try to keep in mind the forum guidelines for appropriateness of post, in particular if other people have already questioned the necessity of toning it up to this degree. Will be taking a look through the thread again, post has been hidden for now.