Anger Never Fades

Ark1002

21 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

"All goes as planned," Nuam replied, watching a squad of cultists be torn apart by an abomination of flesh and metal. "I have learned much from the slaughter of our cattle."

Asardin sighed across the vox. "I hate you," he said. "I don't even know why I bother. Retreat back to the Palace of Ice and go into hiding. Me and the boys will return through another route."

"As the Architect demands it," Nuam said, closing the vox. He looked longingly at the force-shielded woman- such glorious powers she had!- but dismissed the notion. Gathering all his powers, he slammed his staff into the Oathgate floor.

In a flash of light, the forces of Chaos disappeared, leaving the Woodwyrd echoing with the cries of the damned.

KanMien watched as a flash of light shone from the Woodwyrd. She tsk'd when she realized they had gotten away. Firing a quick shot at one of the cultists who was still fighting she grabbed her guns and started running towards the remnants of the battle. Stop the assault, she sent, focus on captives. Kumiko had already pulled back towards the center, getting a few Denizens to get back control over the abominations to stop them from rampaging.

When she reached the center she smiled and nodded to Kumiko. "Nice job," she said. She turned to the nearest Denizen. "Get some people searching those bodies," she said. "I want anyone still alive found. I've they're one of ours, try to get them gold. If they're an enemy, try to stabilize them, but immediately send for me so I can question them. Any of our dead, make sure to get their spikes and put them in storage. No sense in wasting any." She looked towards the Woodwyrd. "Get some others to investigate that thing as well," she added. "If we lack people with the necessary expertise, contact the alleys and get R&D to send someone. I want to know why they were here and what they did to it."

As they turned away to execute her orders she sighed, slumping slightly as exhaustion made it felt. Kumiko grinned to her, and she sent a tired smile back. "I need some tea once we get back," she said.
"Better pick something with caffeine," Kumiko joked. "You probably won't be getting any sleep for the next few weeks."
"And neither will you," KanMien answered with a wry smile. "I'll need a field agent after all when I start researching this."

Just as Kumiko's expression sunk a Denizen ran up to her. "We found one that's still alive," they said in a grinning tone.
KanMien nodded, standing taller, trying to hide her exhaustion. "Lead me to them," she said.
The Denizen started walking, KanMien and Kumiko following. "Hey," the Denizen said in a hopeful tone, "can we keep them when you're done? These cultists are always so... interesting, don't you think? I could use a new experiment, or maybe a pet?"
KanMien looked at him, then at the slaughter around them. "I'd say that will depend on what answers they give us," she said, her voice and expression cold as ice.

Hi all, I'm going to be reviewing this thread in response to some reports. I'll be talking to involved parties but just a reminder to all to keep in mind the audience when you're posting. There is a thread mentioning the general RP guidelines for the Shard here.

• Language 1: Infrequent, mild swearing is permitted.
  • Sexual Content 1: Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted. No explicit representations or references to genitalia or sex acts.
  • Violence 2: Graphic is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration of violence is allowed.

Note that the highest rating is a 3 so Violence 2 does not mean extreme depictions of violence are allowed.

The Tattered One walked down the streets of the Alley city looking for special someone. Down one street he saw burning corpses, charred remains, scattered limbs, and guts hanging from the wall. Down the other street was a few dead bodies and a Jackal symbol painted in blood on the wall.

He went down the first street calling, "Dark Phoenix! Are you there!?"

@Ark1002

On 1/19/2020 at 6:43 AM, Silva said:

"Interesting," Compile said, standing up.

She walked over to the gate and rested her hand on the lock. "Now, I did say I'd let you in if you convinced me, but I also did say that I might be of more help than anyone in there. Which is true. Taking a look at one of the notes would give you nothing beyond a vague message. You'd need them all." The little girl unlocked the gate and slipped inside. The door remained open acutely.

"17 Left Right Alley. It's an apartment building in the TUBAist section of Alleycity. Go up to number 54 to find my sister, Freedom. Pry'll be there too, but don't let her deter you. I'll make sure Freedom knows where to go. If the head of the snake, as you call it, weren't so nasty, I'd send you alone. Having a second person, especially one Crow would love to get her hands on, is the only way this can't be categorized as a fool's errand," she said and began to walk away, back towards the house. "Go or come inside and waste time. Either way, shut the gate, will you?"

Bob calmly moved to take his knife back, then went to the gate and held it for a second, weighing different ideas in his head. He adamantly opposed each idea. 

kids safer here than out on a mission with me, and I'll never forgive myself if I was the one who got a kid killed, never again... 

He closed the gates, have her one last bow, then turned to head for an oathgate that would take him Alleycity. 

@Silva @Truthless of Shinovar

Would you guys like me to wait for you to be back at the place, or would you rather I just be there waiting?

On 1/23/2020 at 1:05 AM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

Bob calmly moved to take his knife back, then went to the gate and held it for a second, weighing different ideas in his head. He adamantly opposed each idea. 

kids safer here than out on a mission with me, and I'll never forgive myself if I was the one who got a kid killed, never again... 

He closed the gates, have her one last bow, then turned to head for an oathgate that would take him Alleycity. 

Waiting there works. They'll be back pretty soon. Feel free to knock.

The gate clanged shut. Compile didn't look behind her, knowing she wouldn't see anyone following her. At her open window, she jumped, caught the sill, then hoisted herself the rest of the way up. 

She then picked up Precious' phone and texted Freedom.

Guy to help coming to apartment. ETA soon. When with, will tell you where Crow is. Do what I can't, please. -Compile.

Afterwards, she wrote a quick message to her parents that she slid under their door.

I took care of yesterday's visitor. He shouldn't be back anytime soon. -C

They'd be able to take it however they wished. Most likely, they wouldn't even ever mention it. She didn't care about getting thanked--she just cared about getting things done. 

Compile crept back to her room and clambered back into bed. As she drifted off she realized that messaging Pry as well might have been a good idea. She dismissed the thought, taking her five and a half year old right of prioritizing naptime.

On 1/19/2020 at 3:50 PM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels paused for a moment in thought. “Sands... that could be a lot of places. If you don’t have a better idea, I’d recommend we head to some of the rougher areas of the Alleycity and start looking there. Ask the people on the streets and see if they saw anything...”

"And hope they weren't paid to keep their mouths shut or feed us false information," Freedom mused.

Her phone buzzed once, tipping her off that it wasn't Pry freaking out. Her older sister never did things in only one message. "One second," she told Tels. 

She took out the phone. The message clamed to be from Precious, but the snippet of the message didn't sound like her. Freedom pulled it fully open.

"Of course," Freedom said, looking to Tels. "My five year old sister confined on Scadrial knows where Crow is before anyone else figures out and has decided to pull a powerplay on us. Go back to the apartment and buddy up with someone she's sent or try to find Crow ourselves with the scraps we have. I guess that decides where we're headed?"

Her phone started buzzing incessantly. It appeared that Pry had found her note.

On 1/24/2020 at 3:32 PM, Silva said:

And hope they weren't paid to keep their mouths shut or feed us false information," Freedom mused.

Her phone buzzed once, tipping her off that it wasn't Pry freaking out. Her older sister never did things in only one message. "One second," she told Tels. 

She took out the phone. The message clamed to be from Precious, but the snippet of the message didn't sound like her. Freedom pulled it fully open.

"Of course," Freedom said, looking to Tels. "My five year old sister confined on Scadrial knows where Crow is before anyone else figures out and has decided to pull a powerplay on us. Go back to the apartment and buddy up with someone she's sent or try to find Crow ourselves with the scraps we have. I guess that decides where we're headed?"

Her phone started buzzing incessantly. It appeared that Pry had found her note.

Tels shrugged. “Works for me.” Tels didn’t know much about Freedom’s family, but with every thing that he learned, they seemed more and more like a very... interesting group of people.

We should probably leave now if we want to meet up with whoever your sister sent. We can go by sand if you want, it’ll be a lot quicker.”

"Fire bringer?" The Tattered One called, "Are you there? Dark Phoenix? Come out come out wherever you are! I'm not going to hurt you, don't worry!"

As he spoke a mad glint shined from his eye as he walks down the street, the occasional spike piercing through his hands, and then retracting.

@Ark1002

Edited by Darth Woodrack

Blood. The blood in Belllatrix's head pounded, a constant pulse, now a loud, thumping sound, like a drumbeat.

She tried so hard, trying to repent for her sins. But it wasn't enough.

It was never enough.

And then this man, on top of everything. This creature, that had made Mike hate her. This creature that had ruined everything.

Blood. Pounding, on and on.

@Darth Woodrack

On 1/26/2020 at 9:44 AM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels shrugged. “Works for me.” Tels didn’t know much about Freedom’s family, but with every thing that he learned, they seemed more and more like a very... interesting group of people.

We should probably leave now if we want to meet up with whoever your sister sent. We can go by sand if you want, it’ll be a lot quicker.”

Bob sat in a chair at the apartment he had been directed to, drinking a strong brew his mother had said would help with headaches. A headache was an understatement. It rang from where someone literally threw a table into it. He eyes the map he had bought, it covered the full Alleycity and even some of the land outside. He had crossed off loads of places, destinations he had been led to by different low lives in this city. Each person had sworn by his own mother that crow could be found at where they said, and every single one had just been a waste of time. He forced himself off the chair to cross off an abandoned warehouse near the harbor, which had turned out not so abandoned.

"Where are these people that girl said would be here?" He said aloud, "or had she just led me on one big goose chase, and crow is still in Scadrial?..."

He slumped back into the chair, his eyes slowly closing, he had been using his powers too much today and NEEDED a sleep soon before just dropping.

On 1/31/2020 at 11:15 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

Bob sat in a chair at the apartment he had been directed to, drinking a strong brew his mother had said would help with headaches. A headache was an understatement. It rang from where someone literally threw a table into it. He eyes the map he had bought, it covered the full Alleycity and even some of the land outside. He had crossed off loads of places, destinations he had been led to by different low lives in this city. Each person had sworn by his own mother that crow could be found at where they said, and every single one had just been a waste of time. He forced himself off the chair to cross off an abandoned warehouse near the harbor, which had turned out not so abandoned.

"Where are these people that girl said would be here?" He said aloud, "or had she just led me on one big goose chase, and crow is still in Scadrial?..."

He slumped back into the chair, his eyes slowly closing, he had been using his powers too much today and NEEDED a sleep soon before just dropping.

Pry stood in the doorway. She'd unlocked the door after finally managing to convince herself that Freedom had not been kidnapped to allow her an easier reentrance. Afterwards, she'd tried the go back to sleep. When the door creaked open, she'd bolted right back up and tiptoed over to welcome her sister back and have her explain where she'd been.

Instead she spotted this guy acting like he had every right to be there. There was a moment where she considered getting Tino or Juon to help kick him out. She realized, however, that that would also mean admitting to waking up to checking up on Freedom and being the paranoid mess she was trying to convince them that she wasn't. Getting people was out. This was her mess to deal with. So she stayed quiet as he sat down and pulled out his map and drink.  

"Where are these people that girl said would be here?" the man said suddenly, "or had she just led me on one big goose chase, and crow is still in Scadrial?"

"Crow?" Pry said, startled. The name escaped her lips before she got herself back under control. Knowing he'd whirl around and see her at any moment, she tried to look slightly less disheveled in her pajamas and slouch a little. People said Compile looked like she did fifteen years ago--large eyes and the same almost stick straight hair. Pry disagreed--there was a family resemblance, but nothing more.

On 1/26/2020 at 1:44 PM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

"Sure," Freedom said, hiding her surprise that he too was Invested. It had never come up and she'd always assumed otherwise. "He should be at 17 Left Right Alley, TUBA Sector."

She bit her lip before mentioning the last important thing. "Quick warning, though--my oldest sister might be on warpath. Try not to think much of it. She's taken things a little harder than the rest of us, if that makes sense." 

On 1/31/2020 at 11:15 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

2 hours ago, Silva said:

Pry stood in the doorway. She'd unlocked the door after finally managing to convince herself that Freedom had not been kidnapped to allow her an easier reentrance. Afterwards, she'd tried the go back to sleep. When the door creaked open, she'd bolted right back up and tiptoed over to welcome her sister back and have her explain where she'd been.

Instead she spotted this guy acting like he had every right to be there. There was a moment where she considered getting Tino or Juon to help kick him out. She realized, however, that that would also mean admitting to waking up to checking up on Freedom and being the paranoid mess she was trying to convince them that she wasn't. Getting people was out. This was her mess to deal with. So she stayed quiet as he sat down and pulled out his map and drink.  

"Where are these people that girl said would be here?" the man said suddenly, "or had she just led me on one big goose chase, and crow is still in Scadrial?"

"Crow?" Pry said, startled. The name escaped her lips before she got herself back under control. Knowing he'd whirl around and see her at any moment, she tried to look slightly less disheveled in her pajamas and slouch a little. People said Compile looked like she did fifteen years ago--large eyes and the same almost stick straight hair. Pry disagreed--there was a family resemblance, but nothing more.

2 hours ago, Silva said:

"Sure," Freedom said, hiding her surprise that he too was Invested. It had never come up and she'd always assumed otherwise. "He should be at 17 Left Right Alley, TUBA Sector."

She bit her lip before mentioning the last important thing. "Quick warning, though--my oldest sister might be on warpath. Try not to think much of it. She's taken things a little harder than the rest of us, if that makes sense." 

Tels shot sand out from his pouches. Glowing grains exploded behind him like a firework, leaving Tels himself nothing more than a mere silhouette. He commanded five ribbons, two for safety, to wrap around Freedom, and then used three others to push himself off the ground. He could use more to go faster, but it was better to conserve water.

Soon, they were airborne, flying through the air towards 17 Left Right Alley, TUBA Sector. City lights blurred by underneath them as they traversed across the buildings. 

Almost as soon as they had taken to the air, they dropped onto a fire escape next to a window. Tels shoved it open, and trusting that Freedom would follow, crawled inside.

The room Tels was in was dark, so he crawled towards the door to see if he could find a light switch. When he got there, Tels heard someone mumble past the door. Cautiously, he opened the door, and was greeted by the sight of a man sitting at the table and a girl looking quite startled behind him.

”You must be the man Compile sent,” Tels said, hand in his sand pouch just for safety. “And I take it that you’re Pry?” Tels said, addressing the girl.

1 hour ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Tels shot sand out from his pouches. Glowing grains exploded behind him like a firework, leaving Tels himself nothing more than a mere silhouette. He commanded five ribbons, two for safety, to wrap around Freedom, and then used three others to push himself off the ground. He could use more to go faster, but it was better to conserve water.

Soon, they were airborne, flying through the air towards 17 Left Right Alley, TUBA Sector. City lights blurred by underneath them as they traversed across the buildings. 

Almost as soon as they had taken to the air, they dropped onto a fire escape next to a window. Tels shoved it open, and trusting that Freedom would follow, crawled inside.

The room Tels was in was dark, so he crawled towards the door to see if he could find a light switch. When he got there, Tels heard someone mumble past the door. Cautiously, he opened the door, and was greeted by the sight of a man sitting at the table and a girl looking quite startled behind him.

”You must be the man Compile sent,” Tels said, hand in his sand pouch just for safety. “And I take it that you’re Pry?” Tels said, addressing the girl.

Bob had heard the girl, Pry, after he had said crow. He had debated turning and facing her, but has decided if she couldn't speak openly and not try sneaking behind him, he'd let her stew over whether she thought he'd attack or not. 

Now, hearing the man's voice, he took one last drink from his mug, set the map down and wrestled to his feet, banishing his thoughts of sleep.

"And you must be one of the people who the girl had said would be here." His voice held just a hint a sarcasm, he'd been here waiting for awhile, but couldn't hold it against them. He reminded himself yet again that he needed allies not foes, and have the room a short, yet respectful bow. 

"I can promise one and all, she was quite alright and safe when I had seen her last, and I assume you're not the sky and gossip type?" He straightened , and remained as straight as his tired muscles allowed, starring straight towards the man who had entered.

Bellatrix's vision faded. Pure anger pulsed in her head, a throbbing sound like barges in the dock, blaring their foghorns.

In anger, her wings unfurled from her back. Black sparks flew, and as her rage grew, fire, a small veil of fire, and her shoes burnt and melted. She strode forward, and as her feet touched the ground, the stone pulsed, sparks flying, and began to crack. The stone started to turn red, a deep blood red, light footprints of blood. She strolled forward, a dress of flame her clothing, wings of pure black flame, and red footprints.

A creature from the worst depths of chaos and void. The Dark Angel.

She stepped up to him, and looked him straight in the eyes. She growled, and spat at his feet.

"Father? I have no father. I was a bastard, and I killed my mother. I have been to hell and back, I have been violated, I have been assaulted. I created a gang, I created one of the most powerful organizations on earth. And I didn't have a father. So no. My father didn't disapprove."

@Darth Woodrack

25 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Bellatrix's vision faded. Pure anger pulsed in her head, a throbbing sound like barges in the dock, blaring their foghorns.

In anger, her wings unfurled from her back. Black sparks flew, and as her rage grew, fire, a small veil of fire, and her shoes burnt and melted. She strode forward, and as her feet touched the ground, the stone pulsed, sparks flying, and began to crack. The stone started to turn red, a deep blood red, light footprints of blood. She strolled forward, a dress of flame her clothing, wings of pure black flame, and red footprints.

A creature from the worst depths of chaos and void. The Dark Angel.

She stepped up to him, and looked him straight in the eyes. She growled, and spat at his feet.

"Father? I have no father. I was a bastard, and I killed my mother. I have been to hell and back, I have been violated, I have been assaulted. I created a gang, I created one of the most powerful organizations on earth the alleyplanet. And I didn't have a father. So no. My father didn't disapprove."

@Darth Woodrack

"Oh, good! You finally come out! I'm not sure I'd call the bloodlames 'one of the most powerful organizations on the alleyplanet,' but that's beside the point. Of course you have a father! The Grand Bringer of Death! The Eternal Lord of Flame! The Godstabber! He has been very proud of you, Dark Phoenix. Such glorious majesty in your fire and glory! He has great plans for you. He believes it is time to bring you into the fold, take you away from this waste of time, useless sea of death and alcohol," The Tattered One said, while strolling forwards leisurely.

@Ark1002

Edited by Darth Woodrack

was talking about the Bureau, but sure, the bloodflames are one of the most powerful organizations on the alleyplanet now

Bellatrix's jaw dropped.

This man is clearly insane.

Then she laughed out loud at herself. Of course he was insane. I mean, just look at him!

Despite that, however, she found a dark thought growing in her brain. She knew it wasn't true, but it hurt all the same. The Tattered One knows my father better than I do.

On the surface, however, she quickly pulled herself together. She raised an eyebrow imperiously. "Godstabber? Sounds like a candy."

1 minute ago, Ark1002 said:

Bellatrix's jaw dropped.

This man is clearly insane.

Then she laughed out loud at herself. Of course he was insane. I mean, just look at him!

Despite that, however, she found a dark thought growing in her brain. She knew it wasn't true, but it hurt all the same. The Tattered One knows my father better than I do.

On the surface, however, she quickly pulled herself together. She raised an eyebrow imperiously. "Godstabber? Sounds like a candy."

But... She didn't create them.

"Hah!" The Tattered One laughs loudly, saying, "I like you! But let me ask you a question. What is it that you want? What is your deepest desire? What is it that motivates you to continue living?"

Actually, IC, she was one of the founders. Lena, Bella, whathisfacesprenman, and whatshisfacenotsprenman.

Bellatrix, for some reason, decided to give an honest answer to the homicidal crazy magic spren spike man standing there.

Perhaps she really was losing it.

"To be truthful? Repentance. If I didn't need to repent for my sins, I would die right here. Well, that, and..."

Mike. She trailed off, and stopped talking.

@Darth Woodrack

Just now, Ark1002 said:

Bellatrix, for some reason, decided to give an honest answer to the homicidal crazy magic spren spike man standing there.

Perhaps she really was losing it.

"To be truthful? Repentance. If I didn't need to repent for my sins, I would die right here. Well, that, and..."

Mike. She trailed off, and stopped talking.

@Darth Woodrack

"You wish for repentance? You wish to feel better? Then realize what you did is not wrong! You did just as your father wished, and he is so proud of you! If you simply enter the fold, he will give you anything else you could possibly desire... perhaps your old love? With a bit of... changing... he could be absolutely perfect. And you two could rule the world alongside him, above all his other children. His favored heir. His greatest creation."

"What more is there to tell? You join us, you get to meet your father, and then you serve him for the rest of time, but as soon as you join, your wishes shall begin to become reality. You could live with your beloved for all eternity. And if not, incinerate me. You can do it as many times as you wish! I'll keep coming back, again and again," The Tattered One cackled, very happy.

@Ark1002

Edited by Darth Woodrack