Anger Never Fades

Ark1002

3 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

Intercessory looked at the harpoon protruding from its chest and snorted.

"Clearly, you haven't been listening," it said. It grabbed the harpoon with both hands and pushed. 

The spear went through its body with a loud squelch, and the chaos marine stumbled forward, the hellish glow in its eyes going out. And then it straightened, its flesh growing and twisting to fill the massive hole in its chest.

Its eyes reignited, burning with unholy fire. "Let's dance, skinny boy."

@Ark1002 @Darth Woodrack

Two problems with this. 

1. The harpoon has a large protrusion of other spikes around the base, and they are all dull. It would be very difficult to push it through the chest, because you would have to physically obliterate the chest to do so.

2. What the rusts is this guy?

1 hour ago, Darth Woodrack said:

1. The harpoon has a large protrusion of other spikes around the base, and they are all dull. It would be very difficult to push it through the chest, because you would have to physically obliterate the chest to do so.

Yep, that's what he did. He literally shoved a massive spike through his heart and killed himself. Then he resurrected and healed himself.

1 hour ago, Darth Woodrack said:

2. What the rusts is this guy?

He's Intercessory! An utterly incompetent fool of a chaos space marine, with only the ability to resurrect from any death making him remotely dangerous.

His body is possessed by a daemon, if that makes any more sense.

18 minutes ago, kenod said:

Welcome to chaos marines.

Absolutely! :P

Edited by Grey Knight

On 12/19/2019 at 7:19 PM, Silva said:

The way he just absorbed all the information calmly amazed Freedom. As it was, she knew she barely was holding herself together. 

That's because you're reacting like a teenager, she realized, immediately storing away a couple years of age. Logic and reason became less of a struggle to reach. 

Freedom checked the time. The shorter hour hand balanced halfway between the eight and the nine. She added a cushion time of fifteen minutes, in case he was farther from there than she. "Remember that park bench where we met?" she said. "Can you get there by nine?"

She scrounged about for a paper and pen, finding them, finally, right where they belonged, on a shelf. On it, she scrawled a quick note telling anyone who found it not to freak out at her not being there.

“Got it, I’ll be there soon.” Tels hung up the phone, grabbed his sand pouches and quido, then lept out the window he always had open. He fell through the air, feeling the wind blow through his face before commanding ribbons of sand out of his pouch to slow his descent. Hoping to save his water, Tels decided to start jogging towards the park instead of using his sand. The park was nearby, and shouldn’t take long to get to at all. In a few minutes, Tels approached the bench where he and Freedom had first met.

So, I'm going to assume the Chaos Marines attacking the Woodwyrd is still a thing. If it isn't just ignore this post.

KanMien and Kumiko walked through the alleys, a number of denizens and a larger number of abominations walking behind them. Strangers, Koloss, even a small number of Strikeshots and Hazeslayers.
"You're charged up?" KanMien asked Kumiko. "You remember what we're going to be dealing with, right?"
"Yeah, yeah," Kumiko answered in an annoyed tone. "You've already explained it twice. Besides, I'm stronger than you anyway." She smirked. "Maybe you should worry about yourself instead?"
"I'm a lot harder to kill than you, remember?" KanMien answered softly. "Also, I've got these," she said, indicating the grenade launcher in her hand and the heavy sniper on her back. "But well, if you're that certain..."
Kumiko sighed. "Alright, that's it!" She snapped, stepping in front of KanMien. "What's going on here?" She asked. "You've been acting weird ever since that report came in."
KanMien stopped and looked at her for a few seconds. "It doesn't matter that much," she said. "It can wait until we're done with this."
She paused, seeing Kumiko glare at her. "Alright, alright," she muttered. "Putting it simply, chaos marines killed KoTiel." She looked at Kumiko. "They were much stronger than I am, or than you are without overusing your powers. They were a full zinc compounder, and they had access to a Dakhor skeleton. If they could kill them, then they could just as easily do it to us, and of the two of us you're the one going in for a melee fight." While I'm the one sitting safely in the distance, too far away to actually help, she silently added.
Kumiko looked at her. "I see," she finally said, not sure what else to say. "Don't worry," she added, "I'm not going to die here. Besides, I have a few tricks up my sleeve if necessary, remember?" She smiled, trying to make KanMien feel better.
"True," KanMien answered, forcing a smile. Then the alleys opened up, and the rest stepped out close to the Woodwyrd, heading towards the fight, while she stepped out at a much greater distance, grabbing her sniper of her back. "But that was what they said too," she softly added as she watched the others advance towards the enemy.

Falling silent she laid down on the ground, grenade launcher beside her, and loaded her first magazine. She took a deep breath, and started firing, aiming for the armored marine at the front, trying to see what her armor-piercing bullets would do against them.

Kumiko stepped out further away from the marines as well, looking behind her to where KanMien must be. She knew she should be focusing on the upcoming fight, but she kept coming back to trying to figure out how to cheer her up, make her act normal again, and at the same time trying to figure out why that would be so important to her. Finally she sighed, turning around, and switching to Bull. Slowly she started walking towards the enemy, then breaking into a slow run, then starting to speed up even more. The force-field of her Charge slowly started taking form in front of her, while at the same time her speed rose ever higher. She started smiling again. At least this was something she knew how to do! She picked her first targets, a small number of cultists a bit further back, and kept running, solid force-field now in front of her. And even with that, she was still speeding up.

For clarification, KanMien is using a .50 cal anti-materiel rifle, firing HEIAP (High-Explosive Incendiary Armor-Piercing) rounds. These are normally used to take out helicopters and light-armor vehicles, but I'm not entirely sure how effective it will be against Chaos Marine armor, I'll leave deciding on that up to you.

Kumiko's Charge is the ability Bull gives her. Basically it makes her take longer to get up to speed, but she can just keep speeding up (though there are limits, probably around a 100 miles an hour?) but she can't make fast turns. At the same time, Charge forms a forcefield in front of her that knocks back anything it hits with a lot of force, the strength being dependent on her speed. It can be stopped, especially if she doesn't have that much speed yet, but once she gets fast enough the force will be enough that unless you weigh a literal ton you'd probably get knocked back, though you might still be able to stop her.

For the abominations, there's a link with details here. I figured these would probably be fairly evenly matched against the chaos marines, given the abilities they've shown.

Edited by kenod

On 1/7/2020 at 1:01 PM, Silva said:

At least he asked forgiveness before sounding the question Compile hated the most.

"Age is irrelevant," she said, giving him her practiced answer. "I've done and seen more than many have done in the entirety of their lives. That's what matters and because of that, my age has no influence on whether I should or should not be out here alone."

Compile took a moment to determine how to continue. "But you are right in assuming that I'm not actually supposed to be here. I ought to be asleep and in bed leaving you here to wait at this gate until someone wakes up and notices you because unfortunately for you, I'm the only person who heard your message that decided it was worth the risk of coming to talk to you." She felt a little slow and tapped zinc. All of what she'd said now seemed irrelevant.

She steeled her gaze, a face that didn't really look that scary on a five and a half year old. "Like I said before, convince me and maybe you'll get what you want, or try to skip that step and be sure to recieve a not so friendly welcome. If you are concerned about the ears and eyes out here, I'm sorry, but you should have considered this outcome before you assaulted the guards."

Also, any eyes and ears desparate enough to be out at that hour would definitely be desparate enough to find a way to follow them in. It wouldn't make a bit of a difference in the long run. She lessened the amount of zinc she was tapping. 

"I don't doubt you could easily teleport right past me. I saw you yesterday. The fact you're still here is a nice surprise," she said. The key remained tight in her grip. "Still, it's your choice in the end. I do hope you'll continue this trend of making the right ones, though."

---

@Truthless of Shinovar

He listened to her speak, telling him how she had seen him with the guards and how he had left. He inwardly cursed himself for being reckless then, he had let his interest in sleep get the better of him and now he lost a valuable card from his hand, but did she know about the stun power? Or did she just assume he took them down without warning, which he kind of did. He also began to guess this girl wasn't just a normal kid, as he had made sure no one could have heard of seen what he had done to the marines. He decided though, banking off of an old saying he had heard from a friend of his.

sometimes the easiest way to get what you want, is to cooperate. Of course, his friend had meant adults, not a five year old with pig tails. 

"Well said, my young lady," he said at last, giving a small, but respectful bow, " it would seem you leave me no choice but to cooperate. " he drew the knife from its hiding place and tossed it to one side, then calmly sat down on the lawn, doing his best not to do what his mind said to do, which consisted of teleporting in and finding the guards he had talked to the other day.

"what do you wish to hear first? How I came here? Why I 'assaulted ' two guards?" He would have said the one had it coming , shooting him in the ribs and all, "or perhaps you want the exact reason of why I am at this house and not some other one?"

@Silva.

Spoiler

Nice XD

2 hours ago, kenod said:

For clarification, KanMien is using a .50 cal anti-materiel rifle, firing HEIAP (High-Explosive Incendiary Armor-Piercing) rounds. These are normally used to take out helicopters and light-armor vehicles, but I'm not entirely sure how effective it will be against Chaos Marine armor, I'll leave deciding on that up to you.

Light-armor vehicles? That's roughly how tough power armor is, so yeah. Those rounds will work pretty well. 

Keep in mind that the forces there are mortal cultists, dug in and entrenched with a few heavy weapons. Maybe a tank or two. The only one in power armor is Nanum, the sorcerer.

21 hours ago, Grey Knight said:

Light-armor vehicles? That's roughly how tough power armor is, so yeah. Those rounds will work pretty well. 

Keep in mind that the forces there are mortal cultists, dug in and entrenched with a few heavy weapons. Maybe a tank or two. The only one in power armor is Nanum, the sorcerer.

Alright, thanks, edited the post. Tanks will be... fun, I think only Kumiko can hurt them, and that would put her out of action for a while afterwards, though a Strikeshot might be able to damage them as well.

Crow smiled looking down at the blood gushing. She couldn't bring herself to care. She turned to the chaos marine, blade in hand. She swung it at his legs, slicing through them, severing their connection to him. They turned gray, and she smiled.

"You keep coming back, yes. But we can leave you like this, with little bits of metal digging into your flesh, and blood seeping from your body. We can throw you in a volcano, and leave you to incinerate, again and again." She drove the blade through an arm. "You are nothing." She swore violently. And drove the blade through his other arm. She smiled widely. Then she turned away, face dark, and grabbed the chain. "We are going now." She pulled out a fabrial, and they disappeared in the middle of the street.

"She smiled widely. Then she mounted a dragon "Weeeeee!" she yelled as she rode it wildly."

thnx tech teacher

@Grey Knight @Silva @Darth Woodrack

Edited by Ark1002

The older Wereds did their best to shield the eyes of the younger ones while this all happened. Laurel peeked once, before quickly ducking her head back down to be hidden by Golda. Others also did, learning their lessons the hard way. There would be nightmares the next time they slept.

Golda pressed her lips together and kept her head held high. She didn't believe in backing down, even when she knew she couldn't do anything to the contrary.

On 1/8/2020 at 9:45 PM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

“Got it, I’ll be there soon.” Tels hung up the phone, grabbed his sand pouches and quido, then lept out the window he always had open. He fell through the air, feeling the wind blow through his face before commanding ribbons of sand out of his pouch to slow his descent. Hoping to save his water, Tels decided to start jogging towards the park instead of using his sand. The park was nearby, and shouldn’t take long to get to at all. In a few minutes, Tels approached the bench where he and Freedom had first met.

Freedom slid her window open. They were a couple flights up, but luckily the fire escape was near her window. She tapped atium, becoming slightly smaller, but at the same time more agile, and carefully swung herself onto the metallike structure. Old fire escapes had been metal. The one on this building wasn't--repairs for the number of times it had gotten torn off in the name of science had gotten too high. The escape creaked under her weight, probably not designed for actual usage. Freedom stayed at the younger age, not wanting to risk extra weight.

She descended quickly, leaving caution behind slightly. Atium didn't mean she was invincible, but it did mean that falling could be ignored by storing. Not a great strategy, though at the same time, it was one that could work if necessary. And this time it wasn't necessary.

Once on solid ground, Freedom stopped tapping and started running. The night air took away the exertion of the fast pace she kept. About two blocks out she slowed down to catch her breath. No one paid her much attention. Everyone took to their own. The teenage girl darting about was none of their concern. 

The park was mostly deserted, a byproduct of the later hour. Near the bench where they'd first met was Tels. She checked her watch. Twenty to. They'd both made good time and arrived early.

"Hey," she said, not sure where to start.

On 1/9/2020 at 7:05 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

He listened to her speak, telling him how she had seen him with the guards and how he had left. He inwardly cursed himself for being reckless then, he had let his interest in sleep get the better of him and now he lost a valuable card from his hand, but did she know about the stun power? Or did she just assume he took them down without warning, which he kind of did. He also began to guess this girl wasn't just a normal kid, as he had made sure no one could have heard of seen what he had done to the marines. He decided though, banking off of an old saying he had heard from a friend of his.

sometimes the easiest way to get what you want, is to cooperate. Of course, his friend had meant adults, not a five year old with pig tails. 

"Well said, my young lady," he said at last, giving a small, but respectful bow, " it would seem you leave me no choice but to cooperate. " he drew the knife from its hiding place and tossed it to one side, then calmly sat down on the lawn, doing his best not to do what his mind said to do, which consisted of teleporting in and finding the guards he had talked to the other day.

"what do you wish to hear first? How I came here? Why I 'assaulted ' two guards?" He would have said the one had it coming , shooting him in the ribs and all, "or perhaps you want the exact reason of why I am at this house and not some other one?"

@Silva.

Compile let out a small sigh of relief. All of her not so well thought out plan had revolved around him looking beyong age. And he had.

She sat back down. Near enough to hear him, but not so near that it might be taken as a sign of complete trust. 

"Why you're here," she said. "That can easily lead to why you assaulted the guards and what it is you believe we can do for you."

26 minutes ago, Silva said:

Compile let out a small sigh of relief. All of her not so well thought out plan had revolved around him looking beyong age. And he had.

She sat back down. Near enough to hear him, but not so near that it might be taken as a sign of complete trust. 

"Why you're here," she said. "That can easily lead to why you assaulted the guards and what it is you believe we can do for you."

"I came to Scadrial a few weeks ago," he said calmly, he had this response ready, and kept from nailing a certain spike that could mean trouble for him. " I have been taking jobs where I get them. That is, until I came across this new job; a Wealthy man, I forget the name, " more wouldn't say, part of his contract kept from giving names, "hired me to eradicate the gangs involved in a few attacks against other wealthy families. I had found one such criminal arrested already and interrogated him as to who had hired him and the gangs but he wouldn't answer, so I came here, to one of the households that had been attacked. The criminal had mentioned that they where sent to deliver letters, so I decided to see if I could get a look at one of these letters, and see if I could cut the head of the snake and wrap up my business here. The guards where supposed to tell everyone they knew, including their superiors that I would be coming by today," he then spread his hands wide, to say he was done, " which is how we have found ourselves sitting on this lawn, at the break of dawn, talking as if we've known each other since the start. " 

1 hour ago, Silva said:

Freedom slid her window open. They were a couple flights up, but luckily the fire escape was near her window. She tapped atium, becoming slightly smaller, but at the same time more agile, and carefully swung herself onto the metallike structure. Old fire escapes had been metal. The one on this building wasn't--repairs for the number of times it had gotten torn off in the name of science had gotten too high. The escape creaked under her weight, probably not designed for actual usage. Freedom stayed at the younger age, not wanting to risk extra weight.

She descended quickly, leaving caution behind slightly. Atium didn't mean she was invincible, but it did mean that falling could be ignored by storing. Not a great strategy, though at the same time, it was one that could work if necessary. And this time it wasn't necessary.

Once on solid ground, Freedom stopped tapping and started running. The night air took away the exertion of the fast pace she kept. About two blocks out she slowed down to catch her breath. No one paid her much attention. Everyone took to their own. The teenage girl darting about was none of their concern. 

The park was mostly deserted, a byproduct of the later hour. Near the bench where they'd first met was Tels. She checked her watch. Twenty to. They'd both made good time and arrived early.

"Hey," she said, not sure where to start.

“Hey,” Tels said when he saw Freedom approaching. And, after a brief moment, “So... let’s get down to business. You said a psychopath’s assistant has kidnapped some of your cousins. Crow, right? Do you have any idea where she could be right now?”

On 1/17/2020 at 4:22 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

"I came to Scadrial a few weeks ago," he said calmly, he had this response ready, and kept from nailing a certain spike that could mean trouble for him. " I have been taking jobs where I get them. That is, until I came across this new job; a Wealthy man, I forget the name, " more wouldn't say, part of his contract kept from giving names, "hired me to eradicate the gangs involved in a few attacks against other wealthy families. I had found one such criminal arrested already and interrogated him as to who had hired him and the gangs but he wouldn't answer, so I came here, to one of the households that had been attacked. The criminal had mentioned that they where sent to deliver letters, so I decided to see if I could get a look at one of these letters, and see if I could cut the head of the snake and wrap up my business here. The guards where supposed to tell everyone they knew, including their superiors that I would be coming by today," he then spread his hands wide, to say he was done, " which is how we have found ourselves sitting on this lawn, at the break of dawn, talking as if we've known each other since the start. " 

"Interesting," Compile said, standing up.

She walked over to the gate and rested her hand on the lock. "Now, I did say I'd let you in if you convinced me, but I also did say that I might be of more help than anyone in there. Which is true. Taking a look at one of the notes would give you nothing beyond a vague message. You'd need them all." The little girl unlocked the gate and slipped inside. The door remained open acutely.

"17 Left Right Alley. It's an apartment building in the TUBAist section of Alleycity. Go up to number 54 to find my sister, Freedom. Pry'll be there too, but don't let her deter you. I'll make sure Freedom knows where to go. If the head of the snake, as you call it, weren't so nasty, I'd send you alone. Having a second person, especially one Crow would love to get her hands on, is the only way this can't be categorized as a fool's errand," she said and began to walk away, back towards the house. "Go or come inside and waste time. Either way, shut the gate, will you?"

On 1/17/2020 at 5:12 PM, Truthless of Shinovar said:

“Hey,” Tels said when he saw Freedom approaching. And, after a brief moment, “So... let’s get down to business. You said a psychopath’s assistant has kidnapped some of your cousins. Crow, right? Do you have any idea where she could be right now?”

Freedom stored away age. Joints ached and her skin felt less firmly connected to her body. She disliked going that far most of the time. Normally the quicker intuitive jumps weren't worth it. It also freaked some people out to see a teenager age a lot in moments. "Sixteen, ranging greatly in age, probably bound in some form. Definitely not looking the happiest and being herded by a chaos marine who has some trouble looking inspicuous, along with whomever else she's enlisted. Meaning, nowhere civilized. Likely not Scadrial as Crow likely has fewer connections--probably somewhere in Alleycity. Alleys would be too dangerous to roam with that many innocent looking mistings. Even Crow wouldn't be that foolhardy to trust the DA not to take advantage of the opportunity." She released her Invested grip on the metalminds and snapped back to her normal age. Wounds from her own time with Crow felt fresh once more. Freedom carefully navigated to a little older. The pain vanished.

"That leaves only one pretty vague place for her to be. Somewhere abandoned in this city or somewhere fancy enough that no one questions what happens there."

4 hours ago, Silva said:

Freedom stored away age. Joints ached and her skin felt less firmly connected to her body. She disliked going that far most of the time. Normally the quicker intuitive jumps weren't worth it. It also freaked some people out to see a teenager age a lot in moments. "Sixteen, ranging greatly in age, probably bound in some form. Definitely not looking the happiest and being herded by a chaos marine who has some trouble looking inspicuous, along with whomever else she's enlisted. Meaning, nowhere civilized. Likely not Scadrial as Crow likely has fewer connections--probably somewhere in Alleycity. Alleys would be too dangerous to roam with that many innocent looking mistings. Even Crow wouldn't be that foolhardy to trust the DA not to take advantage of the opportunity." She released her Invested grip on the metalminds and snapped back to her normal age. Wounds from her own time with Crow felt fresh once more. Freedom carefully navigated to a little older. The pain vanished.

"That leaves only one pretty vague place for her to be. Somewhere abandoned in this city or somewhere fancy enough that no one questions what happens there."

Tels paused for a moment in thought. “Sands... that could be a lot of places. If you don’t have a better idea, I’d recommend we head to some of the rougher areas of the Alleycity and start looking there. Ask the people on the streets and see if they saw anything...”

Ok, so what do we want Tels and Freedom to do? Maybe they somehow make their way to Scadrial  and trace where Crow has been, or possibly just wait until Bob comes and finds them? Just ideas, I don’t know if you have an idea for a specific way to track down the Wereds

Crow led the Wered's into a large mansion. A manor.

She smiled as she led them through the pristine corridors, down into the fathomless depths of the dungeon. The building had been built in the ancient days of the Alleyplanet, back in the days before the alleyvillage had even come to be. It had been built back in Sanctuary, by a powerful man. His descendants, the Ebony line, had only recently sold it, and she had renamed it.

In the deepest layers, they began to pass dangers. Traps, soldiers, the soldiers left over from the Bureau. Among them were a rare few Chaos Marines, but most had abandoned her, after the Den of Thieves. She reached the depths of the dungeon, Wered's still with her. She shoved them into the dungeon, a dungeon filled with various things. Leecher orbs that activated at random times, aluminum everywhere, cameras, no surfaces to grip except the bars, cameras at the top, with machines ready to immobilize them, torture them, or kill them, depending on what was necessary. Crow grabbed the two youngest as she slid shut the door. "I'll take these two. I'll be back for all of you- tommorow." All of the lights went off, and she walked away, leaving the Wered's in the darkness, branded, bleeding, suffering, alone.

@Silva @Grey Knight @Truthless of Shinovar @Darth Woodrack @kenod @chasmfiend#1 (sorry i can't mention you two for some reason)

16 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

In the deepest layers, they began to pass dangers. Traps, soldiers, the soldiers left over from the Bureau. Among them were a rare few Chaos Marines, but most had abandoned her, after the Den of Thieves. She reached the depths of the dungeon, Wered's still with her. She shoved them into the dungeon, a dungeon filled with various things. Leecher orbs that activated at random times, aluminum everywhere, cameras, no surfaces to grip except the bars, cameras at the top, with machines ready to immobilize them, torture them, or kill them, depending on what was necessary. Crow grabbed the two youngest as she slid shut the door. "I'll take these two. I'll be back for all of you- tommorow." All of the lights went off, and she walked away, leaving the Wered's in the darkness, branded, bleeding, suffering, alone.

Times like these I wish Eve was an Acute...she'd love to infiltrate this place. :D

Practically, though, I'm not a camera expert, but two minutes internet searching seem to say that video/surveillance cameras do contain metal, though you can take the cheat way out and say "magic" to prevent a two year old from unintentionally commiting sabotage.

Branch tried to Pull at the metal in a camera with its lens facing him as Crow dragged him and Fog away. He didn't have much iron in his system, but the traces were enough to burn and he was bored.

Golda reviewed the way they'd gone in her head over and over until it didn't feel only tentatively there. Then she thought about the soldiers and speculated different guard shifts or patterns. Not that it did much when they were locked in. 

Tanel broke the silence. "Is this a dream? First I get dumped and then, in the pits of my misery, a crazy vengeful killer murders my parents and kidnaps the rest of us. There's no way that could actually happen to a person." His words echoed through the dungeon.

"Yes, Tan," Viness said, sarcastically. "This is a dream that is definitely supposed to teach you something deep about yourself."

"Well, that answers it. You're always a nice, comforting big sister in my dreams," Tanel said. He smiled to try and make light of the situation, but the dark hid it from the others. It vanished quickly. 

"Really? That's so sweet of you to think of me that way," Viness replied.

They fell silent. Even feigning normalcy was hard.

On 1/13/2020 at 0:43 PM, Ark1002 said:

Crow smiled looking down at the blood gushing. She couldn't bring herself to care. She turned to the chaos marine, blade in hand. She swung it at his legs, slicing through them, severing their connection to him. They turned gray, and she smiled.

"You keep coming back, yes. But we can leave you like this, with little bits of metal digging into your flesh, and blood seeping from your body. We can throw you in a volcano, and leave you to incinerate, again and again." She drove the blade through an arm. "You are nothing." She swore violently. And drove the blade through his other arm. She smiled widely. Then she turned away, face dark, and grabbed the chain. "We are going now." She pulled out a fabrial, and they disappeared in the middle of the street.

Asardin arrived, minutes later, to find Intercessory stomping up and down the street.

"The absolute nerve!" he shouted. "I swear, when I get my hands on her-"

Asardin swung his axe, burying it in the daemon's face with a spray of gore. He stepped away, opening the warband's vox-link.

"Nuam," he growled. "Intercessory failed. What's your situation?"

-------------------------

"All goes as planned," Nuam replied, watching a squad of cultists be torn apart by an abomination of flesh and metal. "I have learned much from the slaughter of our cattle."

Asardin sighed across the vox. "I hate you," he said. "I don't even know why I bother. Retreat back to the Palace of Ice and go into hiding. Me and the boys will return through another route."

"As the Architect demands it," Nuam said, closing the vox. He looked longingly at the force-shielded woman- such glorious powers she had!- but dismissed the notion. Gathering all his powers, he slammed his staff into the Oathgate floor.

In a flash of light, the forces of Chaos disappeared, leaving the Woodwyrd echoing with the cries of the damned.

Apologies for the lazy exit, but I find myself short on time.

@kenod