Anger Never Fades

Ark1002

Crow eyes grew wild, an unhinged look to them. "Well, it's time." She grabbed the first of them, Viness, by the back of her head, and clamped the burning brand to her forehead. The smell of burning flesh filled the air, and she grinned, her eyes glowing faintly.

{For reasons related to not wanting to make y'all throw up, the thread is going to jump forward a bit in time in this setting}

Crow stepped back, looking at the Wered's. The little ones, Branch and Fog, were both unbranded. The others were in chains, panting, leaning against the wall. The skin on their foreheads was an angry red color, and in places it was charred black, or oozing. Crow Blackice cracked her knuckles, and set to work, removing them, one by one, from the wall, and chaining them together with aluminum chains with steel cores. Then, when she was done, she chained the one she had put in front, Laurel, the six year old pewter ferring, behind her, wrists chained to her ankle. She stepped up to the cage, pulling out Branch and Fog. They would be taken care of later, at the manor.

She walked out, gesturing to the Tattered One to follow, forcing the Wered's to follow.

It was time to enter the cognitive realm.

6 hours ago, Ookla the Dog Hater said:

She walked out, gesturing to the Tattered One to follow, forcing the Wered's to follow.

It was time to enter the cognitive realm.

"'Life doesn't just start anew. It only continues down different paths.'"

The mutated Chaos space marine began pushing itself up. It's eyeless sockets began glowing a deep, infernal orange.

"I quite like that phrase," it continued. It spat to the side, wiping it's jaw with a twisted appendage. "Art is the soul of change, after all. What good is a story where the status quo remains? What good is the tyranny of stability? Some crave it, but only the best artists embrace the chaos."

It got to its feet, falling into a combat stance. "Which, of course, makes you one of the ugliest, crudest, and vulgar actors I've ever seen, Crow. You're a spineless, pathetic wreck of a life form, one that even I won't take pleasure from killing."

@Ookla the Dog Hater

Crow turned slowly on her foot, looking past the Wered's. "I serve a god of chaos. I destabilize lives, families, relationships." She smirked slightly. "Necks." She growled deeply, and her fingernails, which more resembled claws, glinted. She reached down, grabbing the chain, and ripped it off, shoving her shardblade into the ring, deep into the ground.

"Now, it's time you meet my Lord of Chaos and Carnage- in the afterlife."

She stood, and ripped off her hoodie, revealing armor. Not get usual armor, but armor nonetheless. She ripped off her pants next. "Now... Let us fight." Her massive bare feet shifted on the floor, a small wave of dust flying up.

@Ookla the Emperor (sorry can't delete it for some reason)

@Ookla the Heretic @Ookla the Aleatory @Ookla the Wine Shelf

Viness ignored the surroundings and her own pain. Years of burning and flaring tin allowed her to dull it out. In comparison to some experiences, this felt like nothing. And in any case, she was working to become a medic. If she couldn't work with a little distraction, she might as well give up the field.

She focused on the current health risks facing them. The youngest two, thankfully, did not have open wounds in the unsanitary environment--the rest of them, even the twins, did. She knew the heating of the brand must have killed some, if not most, of the harmful bacteria or other pathogens present. Obviously, not all were gone. In ideal circumstances, a brand could take anywhere from six to twelve months to fully heal. Judging from their current situation, these would take much longer, excluding the high risk of infection. 

"Don't touch it yourself or touch it to anything without asking me first," she muttered into Tanel's ear. "Pass it on."

Slowly, the Wereds got the message. Crow, focused on fighting the dying Space Marine, shouldn't have noticed a thing. 

---

Branch Pulled weakly at whatever metal Crow was wearing.

---

Compile sat on the floor, wracking her brain. Anthony Nightshade had yet to respond, though now that she thought of it, there was a high likelihood he didn't know anything at all.

Nope. That wasn't an option. Maybe he didn't knowingly know anything, but he did have one useful thing. The way his thought process worked. It was clear that Crow was acting as Hellbent once had. The problem was, Compile didn't know how to think like a murderous killer or know anyone who did. She only had what might be the next best thing.

She picked up Precious' phone and sent another message to all the Anthony Nightshades in the phonebook.

Say you kidnapped 16 children and young adults in an attempt to get revenge for their cousins escaping servitude of your boss under your watch--what would you do next? -C.A. 

@Ookla the Dog Hater

Edited by Ookla the Aleatory
Excess apostrophe

On 12/13/2019 at 3:16 PM, Ookla the Aleatory said:

She checked that her door was shut tight before beginning. "A former psychopath's former assistant kidnapped my cousins and killed my aunt and uncle in an attempt to make me and my siblings return to her to be her slaves. She got thugs to drop off strange messages pretty much saying so.

"The rest of my family, besides one sister, is on Scadrial and probably freaking out and not going to do much. Meaning, any actual progress on getting my cousins away from Crow is on me," Freedom said. "And that's the trouble. Just a standard day in the life of Freedom Acute."

Tels slowly exhaled. “Well... that’s definitely not good. I’m sorry about your aunt and uncle. And your cousins. And all of this. It’s awful how these kinds of things happen to the good people of this city...” Tels paused to catch his breath. “Where should we meet up? We need to talk, make a plan.”

Edited by Ookla the Imperial

On 12/14/2019 at 5:37 PM, Ookla the Dog Hater said:

Crow turned slowly on her foot, looking past the Wered's. "I serve a god of chaos. I destabilize lives, families, relationships." She smirked slightly. "Necks." She growled deeply, and her fingernails, which more resembled claws, glinted. She reached down, grabbing the chain, and ripped it off, shoving her shardblade into the ring, deep into the ground.

"Now, it's time you meet my Lord of Chaos and Carnage- in the afterlife."

She stood, and ripped off her hoodie, revealing armor. Not get usual armor, but armor nonetheless. She ripped off her pants next. "Now... Let us fight." Her massive bare feet shifted on the floor, a small wave of dust flying up.

The twisted marine swooned dramatically. "Oh, I'm so scared! Only the dark gods themselves could save me from your terrifying power!"

It paused. "Oh, wait. They already have." It fell back into stance, leering at Crow. "You probably don't remember me, darling. It's been a long time since you led the warband. We've, ah, made some changes since you were thrown out. I, humbly speaking, am the most important of those." 

@Ookla the Dog Hater

On 12/13/2019 at 3:16 PM, Ookla the Aleatory said:

"I don't believe niceties ever really are a waste of time, but thank you," Light said. "This never had to be your fight too. All of you have done much more than you even should have felt you needed to. We forget that a lot, my family, but we are grateful."

Honerva tapped her breastplate with her gauntlet.

"The Emperor protects," she said. "May you travel safely, sister."

The chaplain turned around and continued down the street.

@Ookla the Aleatory

Edited by Ookla the Heretic

Crow growled. "You've made some changes. After I abandoned you filth? Maybe there's a chance you'll actually be worth the name they call you. Chaos Marines." Her eyes glowed a bloody red color, and swirled, purple sparks in a red fog. The sparks seemed to be part of the eye, just 2D- but it wasn't clear whether or not they really were.

She let loose a guttural howl, and her muscles seemed to bulge, her nails growing, resembling hooks. The skin on her body paled, cracked in jagged lines. Small black spikes grew up on her arms, her face. The eyes deepened in color, becoming an oily black with purple and red sparks.

"I serve darkness. I serve chaos. I serve hell."

Her voice had changed, anything human, feminine, ripped out of it, replaced by a distorted sound, like wind howling through caves, moving gravel, rocks, echoing off the walls.

Suddenly, her hands changed. Her left turned darker, and light seemed to flow into the palm, disappearing within. The other hand pulsed with a white light- not a good light. A sickly light, something that was somehow reminiscent of phlegm, puke, the ooze from a popped blister. She leaned down, on all fours. The dark hand drained color from the floor, making it weak, pockmarked with holes. The other hand pushed a sickly energy into the stone, making slime like fungus grow from it, turning the stone a sickly yellow, white, and green.

She howled again, and this time, it was in the altered voice, a howl of shrieking winds, of trees rattling in the night. The sound that gave children a fear of the dark.

And this time, she pounced, lunging for the twisted marine, right hand and eyes beacons of light, and her left sucking it in.

@Ookla the Heretic

12 hours ago, Ookla the Dog Hater said:

Crow growled. "You've made some changes. After I abandoned you filth? Maybe there's a chance you'll actually be worth the name they call you. Chaos Marines." Her eyes glowed a bloody red color, and swirled, purple sparks in a red fog. The sparks seemed to be part of the eye, just 2D- but it wasn't clear whether or not they really were.

She let loose a guttural howl, and her muscles seemed to bulge, her nails growing, resembling hooks. The skin on her body paled, cracked in jagged lines. Small black spikes grew up on her arms, her face. The eyes deepened in color, becoming an oily black with purple and red sparks.

"I serve darkness. I serve chaos. I serve hell."

Her voice had changed, anything human, feminine, ripped out of it, replaced by a distorted sound, like wind howling through caves, moving gravel, rocks, echoing off the walls.

Suddenly, her hands changed. Her left turned darker, and light seemed to flow into the palm, disappearing within. The other hand pulsed with a white light- not a good light. A sickly light, something that was somehow reminiscent of phlegm, puke, the ooze from a popped blister. She leaned down, on all fours. The dark hand drained color from the floor, making it weak, pockmarked with holes. The other hand pushed a sickly energy into the stone, making slime like fungus grow from it, turning the stone a sickly yellow, white, and green.

She howled again, and this time, it was in the altered voice, a howl of shrieking winds, of trees rattling in the night. The sound that gave children a fear of the dark.

And this time, she pounced, lunging for the twisted marine, right hand and eyes beacons of light, and her left sucking it in.

@Ookla the Heretic

It dodged to the side, avoiding Crow's charge.

"You found yourself a Neverborn!" it cackled, stepping further back. "The sweet lil' child wants to be just like her old fwends. How adorable." It cocked its head to the side. "I didn't take you for the Nurgle type, though. I would've guessed one of the 'Blood for the Blood God!" ones would get you. Shows what I know, right?"

@Ookla the Dog Hater

Crow was beyond caring, beyond reason. She turned inhumanly fast, more fast then even a chaos marine should be able to. She reached out her limb, and the claws snagged into the leg, releasing the energy in that hand. Decaying, sucking in the color, the energy. She reached out with the other, grabbing the other leg. Pulsing, corrupting, a sickness filling it.

@Ookla the Heretic

On 12/17/2019 at 0:31 PM, Ookla the Dog Hater said:

Crow was beyond caring, beyond reason. She turned inhumanly fast, more fast then even a chaos marine should be able to. She reached out her limb, and the claws snagged into the leg, releasing the energy in that hand. Decaying, sucking in the color, the energy. She reached out with the other, grabbing the other leg. Pulsing, corrupting, a sickness filling it.

The twisted marine lunged downwards, grabbing Crow's head and slamming it into the dirt floor. 

"That's a nice daemon you've got there," it said, limping backwards. "Too bad it's, uh... full of pus?"

It looked towards the Wereds. "Hey, fleshlings! You got any clever insults for this dumb brute? I'm running out of them!"

@Ookla the Dog Hater @Ookla the Aleatory

On 12/15/2019 at 7:33 PM, Ookla the Imperial said:

Tels slowly exhaled. “Well... that’s definitely not good. I’m sorry about your aunt and uncle. And your cousins. And all of this. It’s awful how these kinds of things happen to the good people of this city...” Tels paused to catch his breath. “Where should we meet up? We need to talk, make a plan.”

The way he just absorbed all the information calmly amazed Freedom. As it was, she knew she barely was holding herself together. 

That's because you're reacting like a teenager, she realized, immediately storing away a couple years of age. Logic and reason became less of a struggle to reach. 

Freedom checked the time. The shorter hour hand balanced halfway between the eight and the nine. She added a cushion time of fifteen minutes, in case he was farther from there than she. "Remember that park bench where we met?" she said. "Can you get there by nine?"

She scrounged about for a paper and pen, finding them, finally, right where they belonged, on a shelf. On it, she scrawled a quick note telling anyone who found it not to freak out at her not being there.

---

11 hours ago, Ookla the Heretic said:

It looked towards the Wereds. "Hey, fleshlings! You got any clever insults for this dumb brute? I'm running out of them!"

"You, Laurel, are stronger than you think," Golda whispered in her little sister's ear. The girl's eyes were red and she knew her to be near tears. "The best thing you can do is show that strength to the world."

Crow and the marine traded blows, but she stayed focused on Laurel. Until directly addressed, that was. 

"Hey, fleshlings! You got any clever insults for this dumb brute? I'm running out of them!" the marine called in their direction.

Viness and Tanel shared a look. They had plenty, but they didn't want to defile the minds of the young ones or endanger them further.

"We promised to be good," Golda replied when none of her siblings dared to. "And so we shall."

Branch, not really caring one way or the other, stuck out his tongue and once again tried Pulling on Crow.

On 12/4/2019 at 3:02 PM, Silva said:

Compile watched and listened from a window. She tapped zinc to attempt at catching what he said. All she got fully was that he'd be back in the morning.

Good. She thought. I'll try to be there to meet him. The last thing we need is another unintentional enemy.

Then she hopped over to her bed. On it was a phone, Precious'. She'd asked to borrow it for a project, and Precious knowing her sister, suspected the true reason making her all the more likely to lend it.

@Ookla the Dog Hater

Bob walked calmly towards the household he had visited the other day, at least, he appeared calm at first glance. A closer look and you would see his eyes searching for hidden opponents, watching for any form of a trap. He hadn't seen any, so he kept going. Soon he found himself within sight of the gates. He paused then, and checked his equipment, his knife really, silver reflected the light of the sun, sharp and cleaned since its recent use just last night. He slipped the knife back into its hidden  sheaf on his forearm, focused once more on why he was there, and continued moving towards the household.

@Silva

On 12/21/2019 at 11:16 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

Bob walked calmly towards the household he had visited the other day, at least, he appeared calm at first glance. A closer look and you would see his eyes searching for hidden opponents, watching for any form of a trap. He hadn't seen any, so he kept going. Soon he found himself within sight of the gates. He paused then, and checked his equipment, his knife really, silver reflected the light of the sun, sharp and cleaned since its recent use just last night. He slipped the knife back into its hidden  sheaf on his forearm, focused once more on why he was there, and continued moving towards the household.

@Silva

At five in the morning sharp, Compile's alarm vibrated. She quickly shut it off and jumped out of bed, ignoring the chill. Thrity minutes later, Compile stood dressed and equipped with a couple of zinc metalminds, looking out her opened window. Finding something neutral to wear had taken a while for the five and a half year old. She moved away from the window and ducked beneath her bed. She grabbed the small knife shoved in the corner and stuck it in its sheath into her hoodie pocket, hoping it would be an unnecessary safety precaution.

Compile carefully removed the screen from the window and set it to the side.

The drop to the ground felt father than she knew it to be. Compile landed with the slightest thump. It helped to be young sometimes. Not often, but on occasion a benefit came up.

She took her time crossing the length of the yard to the gate. Half and hour, she estimated, judging by the rays of sunlight cutting through the clouds. A key lay clenched in her small fist. Compile inserted it into the lock of the gate, opening the smaller opening. She shut it behind her. The telltale click let her know it was locked once more.

Good. There was a likelihood this man was a distraction, a ruse to allow others to sneak in, when someone like her left the door open. She took a seat on the dew covered grass a few feet in front of it, sun rising behind her. Compile pulled up her hood.

Not far away, a man was walking in her direction. She spotted the knife venture out for a moment and saw where it returned to. His arm. The weight of the knife in her pocket did little to calm her nerves. He was bigger and definitely had more experience. Him underestimating her age was the only thing going for her if it came to it.

Don't let it, she told herself. You've got this. Totally.

"Can we talk like adults instead of sneaking about ad infinitum?" Compile called out to him calmly. "It actually accomplishes much more, much faster."

On 12/27/2019 at 8:25 AM, Silva said:

Not far away, a man was walking in her direction. She spotted the knife venture out for a moment and saw where it returned to. His arm. The weight of the knife in her pocket did little to calm her nerves. He was bigger and definitely had more experience. Him underestimating her age was the only thing going for her if it came to it.

Don't let it, she told herself. You've got this. Totally.

"Can we talk like adults instead of sneaking about ad infinitum?" Compile called out to him calmly. "It actually accomplishes much more, much faster."

Bob heard the voice before seeing her, and he silently cursed himself for being so unobservment. He was caught by surprise to find this as a welcome party, he had been expecting enough guards to fill the road and then some, not a little girl. He almost asked where her parents were, but thought better of it.

I need allies in  this city, not more foes. 

"If I wanted to fight, I wouldn't have came down a wide open street." He said, keeping his voice level, "shall we enter? I must speak with the one in charge." He had placed her as a possible peace offering. That, or she was bait to lure him into an ambush. 

@Silva

15 hours ago, Chasmfiend#1 said:

"If I wanted to fight, I wouldn't have came down a wide open street." He said, keeping his voice level, "shall we enter? I must speak with the one in charge." He had placed her as a possible peace offering. That, or she was bait to lure him into an ambush. 

A passing breeze knocked down her hood. Two lopsided pigtails held up by mismatched scrunchies bounced up, freed from the weight of the fabric.

Compile eyed him, yet again, before replying. He was trying not to be hostile, she could tell, and it wasn't his fault that he lacked any knowledge on the state of things. 

"I don't think we shall enter yet," she said, whirling the key ring around her finger. She kept its spin on the side of caution, well aware of the risk of it flying away. "It's not because I want to be difficult. Rather, you'll find that I could help you more than they could. I doubt you believe that, so here's the deal: convince me that what you want is worthwhile and I will let you in to speak with 'the one in charge'." 

Or she'd convince him that that was unnecessary, since it really was. Compile closed her hand over the key once more. Standing up, she brushed herself off from shorn grass. Her pants were wet from the morning dew. "Now, what do you want?" 

Crow growled, rising. Blood was leaking from her hair, and her eyes somehow looked even more chaotic.

She rushed forward, and grabbed the chaos marine by the arms, and again, making the same affects go into the limbs. She picked up the marine, and slammed him bodily into the ground, with a resounding crunch.

She then jumped on top of the space marine, landing with 300 pounds of muscle and bone on top of him. She grabbed him by the neck, and both of the effects began to pulse into his neck, veins popping out, turning green, and yellow, the neck swelling strangely, and also, the flesh turning gray, color being leeched out of it, the neck beginning to turn to dust. Where the two pulses met, they created strange ridges and swirls, the powers both affecting it at once.

Crow got her face right up to the chaos marines, and spat in his face. Then she summoned her shardblade from where it had been, and drove it through his neck.

@Ookla the Heretic @Silva @ookla the wine shelf (for some reason it won't let me mention you)

On 12/30/2019 at 9:21 AM, Silva said:

A passing breeze knocked down her hood. Two lopsided pigtails held up by mismatched scrunchies bounced up, freed from the weight of the fabric.

Compile eyed him, yet again, before replying. He was trying not to be hostile, she could tell, and it wasn't his fault that he lacked any knowledge on the state of things. 

"I don't think we shall enter yet," she said, whirling the key ring around her finger. She kept its spin on the side of caution, well aware of the risk of it flying away. "It's not because I want to be difficult. Rather, you'll find that I could help you more than they could. I doubt you believe that, so here's the deal: convince me that what you want is worthwhile and I will let you in to speak with 'the one in charge'." 

Or she'd convince him that that was unnecessary, since it really was. Compile closed her hand over the key once more. Standing up, she brushed herself off from shorn grass. Her pants were wet from the morning dew. "Now, what do you want?" 

He watched her closely, trying to decide if she was really bait, or maybe just a distraction. 

she can't be older than ten!  he thought, then decided on playing along. If she was bait or distraction he would learn soon enough. 

"It is not that I don't enjoy this conversation," he said smoothly , as if reasoning with a kid, which he was, as he was it. "There are ears and eyes to hear and see what we talk about out here, and what I will tell you is on a need to know basis. Forgive me if I sound rude, but aren't you a little young to be out here alone?" All while he talked, he weighed the idea of just entering. 

teleport next to her and stun her, take the keys and go. Or better yet just teleport to the top and then inside. 

He dismissed the idea, he needed allies not foes he reminded himself. But still set this as the strangest conversation he'd had in awhile

@Silva

On 12/31/2019 at 3:33 PM, Ark1002 said:

Crow growled, rising. Blood was leaking from her hair, and her eyes somehow looked even more chaotic.

She rushed forward, and grabbed the chaos marine by the arms, and again, making the same affects go into the limbs. She picked up the marine, and slammed him bodily into the ground, with a resounding crunch.

She then jumped on top of the space marine, landing with 300 pounds of muscle and bone on top of him. She grabbed him by the neck, and both of the effects began to pulse into his neck, veins popping out, turning green, and yellow, the neck swelling strangely, and also, the flesh turning gray, color being leeched out of it, the neck beginning to turn to dust. Where the two pulses met, they created strange ridges and swirls, the powers both affecting it at once.

Crow got her face right up to the chaos marines, and spat in his face. Then she summoned her shardblade from where it had been, and drove it through his neck.

The twisted marine's eyes burned, and its body went limp on the ground.

-----------------------------

The Alleycity, being the home of the planet's most powerful guilds, enjoyed privileges other settlements could only dream of.

One of these was the Woodwyrd, a reverse-engineered Oathgate created by the DA nearly a decade ago. It connected to the silver halls of Newcago, once a hub of science, learning, and culture. The glory days of the Woodwryd were long behind it- nowadays, the esoteric device was used mostly by the mining guilds, who imported rare ores and gems from the stones beneath Elsa's castle.

But today, the Woodwyrd burned.

Asardin pulled his chainaxe from a Windrunner's body and looked around at the carnage. A group of cultists charged past him, crude autoguns blazing away at a woman flying through the air. She gestured, and the mortals suddenly jerked and crumpled as their bullets flew back at them. Asardin drew his plasma pistol from his belt.

"A thousand poxes upon your house, Nanum," he growled. He took aim and fired at the woman, who was incinerated in the blast of light. "This wasn't the plan!"

"Khorne demands bloodshed, and Tzeentch provides the strategies to obtain it. All is according to the Great Architect's plan." The sorcerer, standing to Asardin's left, jabbed a hand towards an approaching squad of DA troops. A light flashed in the air, and all dropped to their knees, their hearts suddenly bursting. "Our bloodshed pleases the Pantheon, leader. Hordes of Neverborn will fight by our side in a glorious revolution."

"We were trying-" Asardin punctuated this with a blast of his plasma pistol- "to be stealthy! You've caught the attention of the entire city with that stunt of yours!" The sounds of fighting died down as the last defenders were slaughtered. Asardin looked around at his forces, sighing. Casualties were light. Only Nanum's gangs of cultists had taken any real damage, which was fine by Asardin. 

"Alright! We all know the mission. Nanum," he said, glaring at the possessed sorcerer, "make sure your slaves hold this portal. Everyone else, with me. Let's go get Crow's head on a platter!"

The air filled with the cheers of the damned, and the chaos marines started running.

@Ark1002

Edited by Grey Knight
Some minor improvements.

On 1/5/2020 at 8:26 PM, Chasmfiend#1 said:

"It is not that I don't enjoy this conversation," he said smoothly , as if reasoning with a kid, which he was, as he was it. "There are ears and eyes to hear and see what we talk about out here, and what I will tell you is on a need to know basis. Forgive me if I sound rude, but aren't you a little young to be out here alone?"

At least he asked forgiveness before sounding the question Compile hated the most.

"Age is irrelevant," she said, giving him her practiced answer. "I've done and seen more than many have done in the entirety of their lives. That's what matters and because of that, my age has no influence on whether I should or should not be out here alone."

Compile took a moment to determine how to continue. "But you are right in assuming that I'm not actually supposed to be here. I ought to be asleep and in bed leaving you here to wait at this gate until someone wakes up and notices you because unfortunately for you, I'm the only person who heard your message that decided it was worth the risk of coming to talk to you." She felt a little slow and tapped zinc. All of what she'd said now seemed irrelevant.

She steeled her gaze, a face that didn't really look that scary on a five and a half year old. "Like I said before, convince me and maybe you'll get what you want, or try to skip that step and be sure to recieve a not so friendly welcome. If you are concerned about the ears and eyes out here, I'm sorry, but you should have considered this outcome before you assaulted the guards."

Also, any eyes and ears desparate enough to be out at that hour would definitely be desparate enough to find a way to follow them in. It wouldn't make a bit of a difference in the long run. She lessened the amount of zinc she was tapping. 

"I don't doubt you could easily teleport right past me. I saw you yesterday. The fact you're still here is a nice surprise," she said. The key remained tight in her grip. "Still, it's your choice in the end. I do hope you'll continue this trend of making the right ones, though."

---

*pokes* ^_^

@Truthless of Shinovar

Crow growled, standing. Her body shifted, and slid back into it's normal form.

She stalked up to the Wered's, and reconnected the chain. "Let's go." She walked upstairs, gesturing to the Tattered One. As she left the place, she set a piece of metal on the wall, and activated it. She kept walking, accompanied by the sound of beeping. As she rounded a second corner, there was a boom, and the light of fire lit up the night. She walked away, to a location of travel. And behind her, the neighborhood was burning.

@Silva @Darth Woodrack

12 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Crow growled, standing. Her body shifted, and slid back into it's normal form.

She stalked up to the Wered's, and reconnected the chain. "Let's go." She walked upstairs, gesturing to the Tattered One. As she left the place, she set a piece of metal on the wall, and activated it. She kept walking, accompanied by the sound of beeping. As she rounded a second corner, there was a boom, and the light of fire lit up the night. She walked away, to a location of travel. And behind her, the neighborhood was burning.

A claw suddenly burst through Crow's stomach.

"Do you know," a ragged voice whispered, "why I am the Intercessory Prayer? It's because I look death in the eyes, and he looks away."

The twisted marine lifted Crow up and slammed her into the ground. It twisted the claw, staring at her with an insane grin on its face. It bore no marks from Crow's earlier attacks.

"Do you know the secret?" it giggled. "Because I don't. I've been dying for years, and I keep coming back. And I'm going to rip the secret from you, one intestine at a time."

---------------

An explosion rocked the city. Asardin stopped, looking into the air. He saw a plume of fire rising from the dock quarters, and he smiled.

"There's Intercessory," he said. "Come on, boys! We're almost there!"

@Ark1002 @Darth Woodrack

Edited by Grey Knight

“Ugh, stay right here children,” The Tattered one said walking over to this crazy marine and saying, “I thought those chaotic marines were supposed to work for you Crow. I guess not.”

He stuck his hand out a massive, three foot long, harpoon with a little bunch of spikes on the back shot out at the speed of a bullet in a path to pierce the marines chest and stick him to the ground with an unbreakable spike for an hour or two. As soon as it left his hand, part of his finger disappeared and he swore.

@Grey Knight @Ark1002

Edited by Darth Woodrack

1 hour ago, Darth Woodrack said:

“Ugh, stay right here children,” The Tattered one said walking over to this crazy marine and saying, “I thought those chaotic marines were supposed to work for you Crow. I guess not.”

He stuck his hand out a massive, three foot long, harpoon with a little bunch of spikes on the back shot out at the speed of a bullet in a path to pierce the marines chest and stick him to the ground with an unbreakable spike for an hour or two. As soon as it left his hand, part of his finger disappeared and he swore.

Intercessory looked at the harpoon protruding from its chest and snorted.

"Clearly, you haven't been listening," it said. It grabbed the harpoon with both hands and pushed. 

The spear went through its body with a loud squelch, and the chaos marine stumbled forward, the hellish glow in its eyes going out. And then it straightened, its flesh growing and twisting to fill the massive hole in its chest.

Its eyes reignited, burning with unholy fire. "Let's dance, skinny boy."

@Ark1002 @Darth Woodrack