Lirin SA4

Chiberty

SA4 Lirin  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Will Lirin be one of the main PoVs?

He might get another for example an interlude.  However unless he gets some Radiant levels I don't think he could or would do much.  Also not everyone has all of the groups strait.  You might want to explain what each group is.

Edited by Ookla the Prolific

Guest Edonidd

I do think he gets some radiant levels.  The more we see of him, the more "broken" he seems.  He is Kaladin's dad we know spren like to look in family trees for traits.  And his healing attitude and trying to save lives definitely seems like he would find some spren that approved.

But no, I don't think he'll be a major viewpoint.  I do think we get a couple of interlude type chapters as he struggles with having a blade and being a knight, when all he wants is to save people.  That type of dynamic.

But I could also see him becoming a tool of Taravangian, or even of Odium himself.  New chapter 1 makes it look like there might be space to turn him against his firstborn. 

Whatever it is, I think he has a part in the story going forward, not just a convenient throw away viewpoint for one chapter. 

36 minutes ago, Edonidd said:

I do think he gets some radiant levels.  The more we see of him, the more "broken" he seems.  He is Kaladin's dad we know spren like to look in family trees for traits.  And his healing attitude and trying to save lives definitely seems like he would find some spren that approved. 

He may do this, but I am a little partial to a different theory (this one isn’t nice for Kaladin) where Lirin doesn’t make it out of Hearthstone

Basically, Kaladin takes the 4th, and saves the Mink and his mother and little brother, but the one he isn’t able to save is Lirin 

We’ll see, I could be wrong. But, I’m guessing him taking the 4th ideal is going to be a traumatic experience however it happens 

I think Lirin is going to play a major role in Kaladins arc in this book. He has been on the back-burner since WoR, but Brandon keeps on reminding us about his idealistic disagreement with Kaladin. Seeing as how they are at the same place when the book starts, it wouldn’t at all surprise me to see quite a lot of Lirin in this. Viewpoints wouldn’t surprise me either. It would be an excellent way to contrast Kaladin with someone else. 

I do think this book will be the last we see of Lirin though. He is probably number one on my death list for this book. 

I think Lirin is going to play a major role in Kaladins arc in this book. He has been on the back-burner since WoR, but Brandon keeps on reminding us about his idealistic disagreement with Kaladin. Seeing as how they are at the same place when the book starts, it wouldn’t at all surprise me to see quite a lot of Lirin in this. Viewpoints wouldn’t surprise me either. It would be an excellent way to contrast Kaladin with someone else. 

I do think this book will be the last we see of Lirin though. He is probably number one on my death list for this book. 

2 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

A lot of this is based on Kaladin's own experiences though.  Lirin had a great effect on Kaladin.  Kaladin is going to have to decide which parts of his father's teachings to respect and which to do away with.

• Chaos locked this topic