Skyward of Starsight?

Karger

Starsight or Skyward(which is better)  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Starsight or Skyward

• Skyward
    • Starsight

6 hours ago, Iarwainiel said:

I logged in just to say I appreciate that you wrote "different from." It's one of my grammar pet peeves when people use [the other word which I shall not mention] instead of "from" (I'm a business writer for my day job), and you have made my tiny language-loving heart very happy today. :) Cheers!!

Haha I get that, it’s rather irritating when people do that. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Skyward and Starsight had their own ups-and-downs. Skyward focused on character development and Spensa trying to prove herself. Starsight focused on the Superiority and the Krell. Skyward's plot was predictable in some ways, but it was still well structured. Starsight, however, had a lot of twists and turns (some good, some unnecessary).

I enjoyed both books, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Skyward. 

Edit (11/20/21): After a couple more rereads...I gotta say I think I liked Starsight a bit more now. By juuuust a bit. They're still pretty neck-and-neck; Skyward had more of my favorite moments between Spin and her friends, but I really grew to enjoy the events and worldbuilding of Starsight much more--and the little bits that I didn't notice on my first few reads. I really liked Spin in this one, as well as the new aliens we are introduced to. I did miss the flight at first, but the rest of what happens next--Spensa spying, M-Bot and Spensa's conversations, introducing us to the world beyond Detritus, etc.--overshadowed that (understandable tbh, I'm a bit of a sucker for those things). The Spensa and the delver near the end felt a bit meh, but I can't help but think it just felt that way because we know almost next-to-nothing about the nature of delvers.

Basically: 

Skyward - really loved the battles, characters, Spensa's growth, and the emotionally impactful moments were spot on.
Starsight - introduced us to the galaxy and the Superiority, I liked the plot, worldbuilding, and it left me with sooo much questions to ponder about (which I'll take gladly, thank you very much)

Edited by caramel_