I could make a joke about Ene and roleplays here, but I don’t know how to do that without making it overdone at this point so I am accepting it as a natural phenomena that this just happens and we can move on with the fun now. Also technically Truthless had the first post, so there y’all. ;) 

So far it feels like Earth to me, but maybe in the future? Or another world in a similar stage of development. We used a Lightweaving, but that could be retconned to some type of technology? Awakening has also been used, but I’m not totally sure how canon anything besides the core interaction is. We’ll figure it all out as we go! 

So far the worldbuilding we actually have is that there’s a good guy organization called HOWL (Hunters and Offenders of Wicked Lawlessness) and a bad guy organization called ROAR (Rampant Organization of Antagonistic Riddlers). 

Note: My character sheet is gonna be pretty barebones for this one, I’m testing just how crazy my discovery writer self can get. (Edit: never mind, I don’t think I’m making one.) Feel free to submit a cs yourself if you want to jump in, you can make it as full or empty as you want, or you can go without. Not a requirement - this is too simple right now, I think. 

I’ll edit in a recap of posts from TLPW (where this spawned). 

Edited by Ookla the Roleplayer

Dapper stepped onto the train platform, checking his watch as if he was late for something. His train would be here in a few minutes. In the meantime, he busied himself with checking the lock on his case. When his train finally arrived, he stepped on. Once onboard, he made his way to the end of the car. As soon as the train pulled out of the station, he pulled a small disk out of his pocket, tossing on the floor. 

With a flicker, Dapper disappeared from the train. 

On 11/25/2019 at 9:39 AM, Ookla the Imperial said:

Truthless walked in and sat down at the table. He was waiting on somebody, and it was only a matter of time before they too walked in. 

On 11/25/2019 at 9:46 AM, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

Ene plopped into the other seat. “How’re you doing?” 

On 11/25/2019 at 10:34 AM, Ookla the Imperial said:

Truthless leaned back in his seat, stretching to give him more time to think of a response. “Oh you know, same old same old. The job’s been treating me well, I recently got a promotion.” He put his hands down in his lap, but covertly moved one to the gun in his coat pocket. Ene was supposed to be trustworthy, but betrayal had taught its lesson to Truthless. “How about you?” 

On 11/25/2019 at 10:51 AM, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

“Good for you,” Ene said cheerfully, ordering a chocolate malt. “I’ve had some interesting things happen lately. It’s a lot of waiting, a lot of hoping.” 

On 11/25/2019 at 10:58 AM, Ookla the Imperial said:

“Yeah?” Truthless said cautiously. “About what?” Truthless went ahead and ordered some stew. Fresh from Roshar apparently.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:00 AM, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

“Eh, just the usual,” said Ene with a wave, then winked at him and leaned in. “But I’ve had some dealings with them.” 

On 11/25/2019 at 11:06 AM, Ookla the Imperial said:

Truthless looked around briskly. Good. No one was watching. “It’s awfully hot in here today.” he said just a hair quieter. Not enough to arouse suspicion, but enough to tip Ene off if she knew the second part of the secret code.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:42 AM, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

Ene raised an eyebrow. Someone else might’ve answered with Yeah, why do you think I got a nice cold malt, but instead... “And they don’t seem to have a fan,” she said softly. “Do you want to talk outside instead?” 

On 11/25/2019 at 11:59 AM, Ookla the Imperial said:

Truthless let out a quiet sigh of relief. Then, quietly “Yes. I’ve got a car parked  just around the block. We should leave now, before anyone figures out who we are, or why we’re here.”

On 11/25/2019 at 0:04 PM, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

Ene took a slow sip of her malt. “Fine with me. By the way, you should get used to calling me Flit. I like the sound of it more than I like hearing ‘Ene’, if you know what I mean.” She stood and started walking out, not looking back. 

On 11/25/2019 at 1:31 PM, Ookla the Imperial said:

Truthless nodded, then got up and left the building, following En– Flit. Once they were outside, in the open, he put on a pair of sunglasses and began walking. After a short walk, he came to a stop next to a small black car, discreet and unnoticeable. “In here Flit,” Truthless said, opening up her door.

On 11/25/2019 at 2:32 PM, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

Flit gave him a smile of thanks and settled into the car, not noticing Doll-Man. As the door shut, she hoped that her smile had been suave enough. 

On 11/25/2019 at 2:59 PM, Ookla the Imperial said:

Truthless got into a car and had just shut his door when he saw a man, clearly drunk, stumbling down the road. Truthless almost pulled out a gun, out of habit, but decided the man was likely no threat. Still, he started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot, driving the opposite direction of the man. He drove not too fast, and not too slow either, as not to draw any attention. He was just an average man, out for a drive. 

Of course, the average man wouldn’t be driving towards the secret HQ of the HOWL- the Hunters and Offenders of Wicked Lawlessness.

“Alright Flit,” Truthless said after a bit, “I need to know, how long have you been a part of the organization?”

12 hours ago, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

“For some time now,” she admitted. “And you?” 

11 hours ago, Ookla the Imperial said:

“For about... maybe 12 years now?” Truthless said. “It’s been a while. I joined young.”

11 hours ago, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

“Oh, wow,” Flit said, eyes wide. He’s been in ROAR for twelve years? And I never knew. She closed her eyes for a moment, composing herself. 

7 hours ago, Ookla the Imperial said:

Truthless almost gave a small laugh. She must be new based on her reaction. To be fair, he was among some of the first members to join HOWL. 

The drive dragged on for over and hour. The car passed wide expansive countrysides, mountains just visible in the distance. The landscape around them was relatively bland, oak trees growing in clumps and small streams every here or there. Nothing remarkable, just a typically backroad drive. It was just after they had passed the fifth stream that Truthless jerked the car to the right.

The car flew through the forest, and after swerving around several trees, Truthless drove straight towards a large boulder. Instead of slowing down, Truthless sped up slightly, and right before they crashed into the rock face...

They passed right through it. An illusion, created by a Lightweaver.

”Well,” Truthless said, “we’re here.”

It isn’t cooperating with me, so this will be here instead of the OP. 

Flit freaked out internally, sure that he’d see through her any minute and realize that she was really a HOWL operative - and not even a well-trained one. She was just from Records! She stayed silent as he drove them in. @Ookla the Imperial 

Posted

Hmm...

It was a beautiful day outside. The sun was shining, birds were chirping, bees were buzzing, the whole shebang. The dew on the trees reflected the early morning sunlight, making hundreds of little bright dots throughout the woods and providing a constant source of annoyance to small woodland animals.

Down here in HOWL HQ, of course, it was just like every other day. Bland, white walls, climate-controlled temperature, no noise except for the distant tap-tap-tap of keyboards. If not for the security cameras, nothing would indicate that today was any different from every other day of the year.

Abigail sighed and forced her eyes away from the camera feeds. Focus, she told herself sternly, staring determinedly at the screen in front of her. These bugs weren’t going to fix themselves, after all. Now… where was I? Ah, yes… Her fingers clicked on the keys as she modified and executed the code, looking for the error that had been causing problems these last couple of days.

After a few minutes typing, she leaned back, thinking hard. She’d checked there… and there… and there… pretty much everywhere, in fact. But still no sign of what was causing the bug. Had she missed something, perhaps?

As she thought, her eyes wandered, pulled irresistibly back to the picturesque scenes on the screens. She sighed. It was no use.The one day in months not drenched with a gray drizzle, and she had to spend it inside. I bet Flit’s outside, she thought glumly. Lucky Flit.

And then, suddenly - as if the thought had called her - Flit appeared on one of the screens.

Edited by Ookla the Blue

Jessica was just having a bad day in general.  She had failed life, at least, that's what she thought, then, out of nowhere she teleported into a small, compact office with a girl there, looking at a screen with a person on it.  "Hi."  She said glumly, like she said, bad day. @Ookla the Blue

23 hours ago, Ookla the Roleplayer said:

Flit freaked out internally, sure that he’d see through her any minute and realize that she was really a HOWL operative - and not even a well-trained one. She was just from Records! She stayed silent as he drove them in. @Ookla the Imperial 

“Let’s go,” Truthless said nonchalantly, and then proceeded to exit the car. “It’s a bit of a walk to where we’re going.”

Truthless began to walk down a long tunnel, lights periodically brightening the path. After a bit of walking on a slightly upwards tilt, they finally reached a large chamber. Here, dozens of people bustled about, all looking very busy. Truthless supposed that they would; after all, the struggle against ROAR was more active that usual recently. 

Nodding hello to a couple of people, Truthless made his way to a large door, steel grade with several forms of locks on it. Large men stood as guards, but as soon as they saw Truthless with Flit in tow, they stood aside. Truthless entered into the door, and saw a man sitting at a desk. 

“Ah, Truthless! Good to see you back m’boy!” The man boomed. This was the leader of HOWL, a jovial man named Nictren. Nic, for short. “Did you find the recruit?”

”Yes sir, she’s right behind me. Flit, meet Nictren, our leader.”

Ok, for right now, Nictren is an NPC, though I might make him one of my characters, unless somebody else’s wants to RP him. I’ve got a basic background swirling around in my head right now, but that might change. 

Also, Xino, as for your character’s location/seeing Flit on the screen, we might need to change it, just so that the plot up to this point makes sense. It wouldn’t make sense if Flit had left the Records, which are in one location, and then came back to the same place, and not realized that Truthless is part of HOWL, not ROAR. My thought was that Truthless had left HQ, which he and Flit are in now, looking for a potential recruit from Records, found Flit, and then is taking her HQ right now. Which, of course, Flit doesn’t know. 

Dapper appeared with a flicker in the same chamber that Truthless and Flit had just left. He nodded to himself, allowing himself a slight smirk. So the device had worked as intended. People were looking at him oddly, likely because of the entrance he'd made. He simply nodded, moving off to the side and observing, as was his assignment. He was to watch Flit, but not to interfere unless ordered to. 

11 hours ago, Ookla the Imperial said:

Ok, for right now, Nictren is an NPC, though I might make him one of my characters, unless somebody else’s wants to RP him. I’ve got a basic background swirling around in my head right now, but that might change. 

Also, Xino, as for your character’s location/seeing Flit on the screen, we might need to change it, just so that the plot up to this point makes sense. It wouldn’t make sense if Flit had left the Records, which are in one location, and then came back to the same place, and not realized that Truthless is part of HOWL, not ROAR. My thought was that Truthless had left HQ, which he and Flit are in now, looking for a potential recruit from Records, found Flit, and then is taking her HQ right now. Which, of course, Flit doesn’t know. 

Wait, I'm confused. Doesn't Flit think that Truthless is a ROAR operative, and that he thinks that she is also a ROAR operative? What sort of situation are we looking at here?

Edited by Ookla the Blue

Ok, so Truthless knows that Flit is a recruit for HOWL, and Truthless is a high ranking HOWL member. Flit, who is from Records, hopefully some forgotten building far away, comes to whatever town Truthless and Flit met at, but Flit mistook Truthless for a ROAR agent, and is now under the assumption that she is being taken to ROAR headquarters, when in reality, she is at the HOWL headquarters.

On November 26, 2019 at 4:32 PM, OOKLA the Tenno. said:

Ouch. John looked up at the sky. "Not as hard next time," he shouted. Everyone began making their way around him, glancing his way and muttering about crazy people. He stood up, his limbs aching from the impact. At least no one saw him land this time. He brushed himself off before walking down the sidewalk. Then he realized something.

I win. 

My first post in this. Give me a moment to grab my second and then I'll figure out how this works, as in how is John going to join HOWL or ROAR.

John continued walking down the street, occasionally stopping to look at different shops. I'll be able to have it all. Once I get my winnings, of course. He hadn't technically won yet, but unless there was a teleport...

He saw light glowing down the street.

He instantly broke into a run. He was so close, so close...

The rules of the game were simple. Start at one part of the planet, and make your way across. First one there, wins a gewethan, an item of intense value. You could use anything to get from point A to point B. Where did they get a teleport, though? And how did they get that money? A teleport often was worth the price of an entire Solar System; and they were a one use deal. 

Lord Teananla.

He ran faster.

Edited by OOKLA the Tenno.
Added second post.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Imperial said:

Ok, so Truthless knows that Flit is a recruit for HOWL, and Truthless is a high ranking HOWL member. Flit, who is from Records, hopefully some forgotten building far away, comes to whatever town Truthless and Flit met at, but Flit mistook Truthless for a ROAR agent, and is now under the assumption that she is being taken to ROAR headquarters, when in reality, she is at the HOWL headquarters.

Why does Flit think that Truthless is a ROAR agent?

6 hours ago, OOKLA the Tenno. said:

FT was Law. He was the embodiment of the Law, and the Law was him. He, the Law, was like the sunscreen. He applied himself onto himself, to keep himself from burning up in the bright heat of lawlessness. Yes, he was a little sticky, yes he got all over himself and he even stuck to his skin, and he had already lost the meaning of this overly complicated metaphor, but one fact was clear. He was the Law.

He was the chief commander of the CoJ. Their job was to keep the order when others would see the world in chaos. Two factions threatened to rip The City apart, and it was his job to make sure that never happened. He would apply himself in liberal amounts to The City, and there would be order.

The HOWL did stop the lawless ROAR, but their methods were disorderly, and FT could not allow disorder in The City. He was the Law, and The City was not going to be sunburned by well meaning societies. He would stop both the howling, and the roaring with lots of metaphorical sunscreen, 75 SPF. He would see both to the justice of the Law.

But first, he had to stop the general lawlessness in the city, He raised a hand, and blew a silver whistle. The metaphorical Sword and Shield of the Law, it was the sound that stuck terror into the hearts of the lawless.

"Oi You! Stop. Right. There... AHHH!"

@everyone, just so you know, if you’re going to make a character, and you want them to be a part of HOWL, make sure that they’re in Records, not HQ. Things are about to get nasty in HQ.

And @Ookla the Evil Penguin, look at my posts for a kinda brief recap, or Ene’s second post for a not so brief recap

Whoops. Missed all this. Plus never done RP so I’m a take it slow and see where I go...

My awakening was instead just a bug if that works better rn. Just planted a bug.

Knight yawned and wondered what was going on. He kicked back in his chair, relaxed with a nice cold root beer, and played back the audio of the conversation. He had gotten as good as confirmation that those two suspicious characters were indeed from HOWL. Boss was going to be happy indeed.

Knight chuckled to himself, pleased. ROAR wouldn’t fall. It couldn’t. Not while Knight still breathed. Or, really, anyone from ROAR still breathed.

*reads the posts since she was last on* ...we all need to communicate better, and not just IC. 

On 11/27/2019 at 6:47 AM, Ookla the Maybe-Existent said:

So, is this something anyone can join? 

Yes! 

22 hours ago, Ookla the very snazzy said:

Jessica was just having a bad day in general.  She had failed life, at least, that's what she thought, then, out of nowhere she teleported into a small, compact office with a girl there, looking at a screen with a person on it.  "Hi."  She said glumly, like she said, bad day. @Ookla the Blue

I don’t think we have teleportation magic. You and Dapper could be using technology, possibly? However, it would likely be very difficult to teleport into HOWL headquarters, as they’d probably have precautions. 

(I’m sorry that the quote box broke here, didn’t mean for it to happen) 

6 hours ago, Ookla the Blue said:

Why does Flit think that Truthless is a ROAR agent?

Because when they all started talking about organizations, she was talking about ROAR, and he was talking about HOWL. Which she didn’t realize. 

John and Tiempo, I’m not sure how well your posts fit in. We might want to stay away from third-party organizations until we’ve fleshed out the first two better. 

Records, by the way, was meant to be a department of HOWL - not a fully separate thing. Flit has been part of it for a year or two now. However, it wouldn’t be hard to say that she’s never been to the HOWL headquarters before, because she isn’t too important. So, Xino, we could say that Abigail works in Records at HQ, and that Flit worked in the same department but at a different building; then their paths could have crossed and they could be friends, but the continuity would still work. Does that sound okay with you? 

Knight, it being a bug works with me. It seems like our tech level is high in this RP. 

True and I have been talking, and we’re starting to get some worldbuilding up. How does this sound to everyone? 

@Ookla the Stand User @OOKLA the Tenno. @FatherTiempo @Knight of Iron 

22 hours ago, Ookla the Imperial said:

”Yes sir, she’s right behind me. Flit, meet Nictren, our leader.” 

So they did decide to recruit me, Flit thought. And he were introducing her to their leader! Even HOWL’s leader was supposedly more secretive than that; she didn’t even know his name. Although...she hadn’t paid much attention in the meetings, when they had probably mentioned it... 

She shook off her fear and squeaked out, “Hello, sir,” extending her hand to shake. 

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Stand User said:

No, something else. An oversight group, of sorts, maybe manipulating ROAR and HOWL against each other for their own gain. Or something. 

Again, I’m a little leery of adding in a third party at this point, even if only because we just started.