Long Game 62: Remaster of the House

Straw

Attack people's ancestry? While they're going to a ball, of all things? Keeping moderate amounts of trust was one of the Seven Fundamental Tenets of the Hatsman! Mundric was shocked that it was even an option.

--

I vote for no lynch - No needs to be taught a lesson.

The nobles of Luthadel's greatest houses sat in their keeps. They bickered and forged alliances, but made no moves for now.

No one died!

The Night will end on December 8th at 8:00 PM EST.

Vote Count:

No Lynch (1): Abstrusity

GM Notes:

-There is no vote minimum.
-Atium Beggars give you a copy of the target's largest PM.
-Beggars give you a list of PMs and the number of messages in each.
-Roleblocks are not made public, but you will be told if you're roleblocked.
-The third time a house uses Skaa, they have a 100% chance of getting Atium if the first two attempts failed.
-Kandra can be used on members of your house.
-For the purposes of kandra, they apply both the Night they're used and the next Day.
-Kandra can win even if they die.
-Kandra do not count in the win con of other members of their house.
-You can store as much Atium as you want.
-Atium can be passed as a free action.
-Kandra can make other kandra.
-If a kandra is targeted by the kandra action, they will switch to the most recent master.
-Kandra being made will just appear as a blocked kill.
-Kandra can block lynches.
-Guards have no atium action.
-In the case of any ties, there will be a secret tiebreaker.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Elbereth (Lady Celeste) Tekiel

2. Bartimaeus (Molsier Randaller) Tekiel

3. Coda (Ashweather Tarnin) Hasting

4. Araris Valerian (Hadrian Penrod) Elariel

5. Lemonelon (Lady Elenbora) Elariel

6. Elandera (Dera Renault) Venture

7. STINK (Germane Moniker) Elariel

8. Snipexe (Anonymous Unknown) Tekiel

9. Elkanah (TBA) Hasting

10. StrikerEZ (Variel) Hasting

11. Devotary of Spontaneity (Lady Voelge) Venture

12. Wonko the Sane (TBA) Venture

13. Abstrusity (Mundric Petasum) Hasting

14. Stick (Unknown Anonymous) Elariel

15. Manukos (Glenn) Venture

16. Shqueeves (Mukluk Topper) Tekiel

Edited by Straw

Lady Celeste Tekiel smiled as the doors opened and guests began to pour in. The ballroom was perfect. Stained glass windows gleamed in the light of several chandeliers hung with thousands of glittering crystals, and beneath them Tekiel's finest banners and tapestries hung from the balconies. Tables and chairs were scattered elegantly along the edges of the room, with the middle space left for a dance floor. Light music was already playing, from a band of musicians in the corner obscured so the sight of skaa didn't detract from the experience. Servants had been kept to a minimum - only those she trusted, and they would all be reporting back to her of their findings by the end of the night. 

But for now, she was determined to enjoy the ball. The doors were filled with swirls of colors and finery that could not be seen anywhere but Luthadel, silks and satin and sparkles everywhere. Celeste couldn't greet everyone individual, but she waved or called greetings to those she recognized as they flowed past her into the ballroom. 

Her gaze drifted back to the high table for a moment, where she and the other Tekiels would be sitting. Someday, she would sit at the head of the table, in the iron chair that symbolized the iron will of the Tekiel House. Someday. 

She returned focus to her guests, though, every inch the charming hostess. Idly, she wondered where the other Tekiels were, but they'd show up at some point. Their lateness only emphasized her in the minds of the others, after all. She adjusted her midnight blue gown, smiled, and went to begin her diplomacy. 

Welcome to House Tekiel! Enjoy your stay, try not to murder too many people while you're here. :P I welcome RP partners if anyone wants to approach Celeste at any point. 

Mundric strode confidently through the doors of the Tekiel ballroom. He wore a heavy azure cloak, trimmed with gold. The host stood nobly to welcome him and the other attendees. He greeted her with a courtly bow, and began to walk among the crowd. Some of them, he noticed, wore hats from his personal establishment. He swallowed a flash of pride, and sought out the fashonistically inclined among them, approaching one who seemed wise.

"Greetings, good sir/lady! How goes the night?"

Dera studied the gowns and suits of the more elite attendants. In more than one occasion, she noticed fabric of her own design made up their skirts or accents. Yes, business was very good.

Her own gown - a deep violet silk with delicate silver embroidery, swirling like the mists themselves - drew more than a few jealous glares and admiring stares. Probably because the dress had more slink than any others in the ballroom. 

It was quite a ball. Tekiels were always willing to invest a little more than they probably could afford into their balls. It would not, however, compare to those hosted by her own house. This would suffice, though.

Dera set off into the party, mingling among the attendants with pleasant smiles and small compliments - not all of them sincere, but that was the way of Luthadel. 

---

@Abstrusity, did you have anyone in particular in mind for your RP? If not, I'm willing to do a bit of back and forth RP.

Edited by Elandera
Two different sentences are not meant to be smashed together.

Dera returned a polite greeting to Mundric. "The night goes well, so far. Though a little more subdued than I'd expected." She glanced around at the people gathered in hushed conferences. No one seemed to be mingling openly, but that was to be expected with so many making plays for their houses. "How is your night?"

Lady Elenbora was amazed at how large the ballroom was. She noticed her housemates in quiet conversation off to the side and gave them a little wave. They must not have seen her. That in itself was quite strange considering her glittering yellow gown. Ah well, let’s find the host to pay our compliments.

[Writeup to come later]

Devotary of Spontaneity was killed by house Tekiel! Araris was killed by house Hasting!

The Day will end on December 9th at 9:00 PM EST.

GM Notes:

-The rollover tomorrow will happen one hour later than usual. It might end up being more than that, but I'm just extending the cycle by an hour.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Elbereth (Lady Celeste) Tekiel

2. Bartimaeus (Molsier Randaller) Tekiel

3. Coda (Ashweather Tarnin) Hasting

4. Araris Valerian (Hadrian Penrod) Elariel

5. Lemonelon (Lady Elenbora) Elariel

6. Elandera (Dera Renault) Venture

7. STINK (Germane Moniker) Elariel

8. Snipexe (Anonymous Unknown) Tekiel

9. Elkanah (TBA) Hasting

10. StrikerEZ (Variel) Hasting

11. Devotary of Spontaneity (Lady Voelge) Venture

12. Wonko the Sane (TBA) Venture

13. Abstrusity (Mundric Petasum) Hasting

14. Stick (Unknown Anonymous) Elariel

15. Manukos (Glenn) Venture

16. Shqueeves (Mukluk Topper) Tekiel

Hiya everyone, beggar whisperer here.

And the whispers doth say, me no likey Stick collaborating with El, Striker and Wonko. 

So for @manukos and @Elandera, Wonko probably like really wants you dead.

For @Abstrusity, @Coda and @Elkanah, It's like actually 100% Striker wants you gone and like yeah 'thats the point of the game STINK' but like half of my PMs with Striker are him going on about how many schemes he's got and all that which like just cause the trio named up above are his main scheme doesn't mean he's got side-schemes and no man should have side-schemes you gotta be loyal

@Snipexe, @Shqueeves and @Bartimaeus, I don't think any of my PMs with you lot are that active but you get the same spiel about El like actively going round trying to hustle some deaths with a side of maybe smooth jazz can never have enough of that.

Now, I realise now that I'm gonna get some 'but STINK, that leaves just you and Lemon' and to that I say precisely, Lemon and Me got that trust thing going on for real unlike Stick (cmon Stick you could've at least stuck to friendship for one cycle) so us two can just keep the train rolling until one of us gets bored and lets the other person win out of real friendship. Which probably means Lemon winning, but :P

Let's get some votes out there people

3 minutes ago, Abstrusity said:

Quick question: When you say

Do you mean Elkanah, Elandera, or Elbereth?

Sorry, I'll generally use El to refer to Elbereth but I'll try to keep the third letter added in for others :P Why are there so many people with El at the beginning of their name anyway?

3 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Interesting...

but you can’t vote for me stink :P We’re in the same faction and you can only cast votes on people from other factions 

#friendship 

'Tis a symbolic vote, and you can't #friendship me after what you did to Araris :(

28 minutes ago, STINK said:

'Tis a symbolic vote, and you can't #friendship me after what you did to Araris :(

What makes you believe I was responsible? :ph34r: Besides, Araris did not wish to take our House's invaluable friendship till the end and was malevolently scheming. We know this. So it is not favourable that he just happened to get stabbed? :P 

No is the real villain here. No Lynch was my friend in childhood, but he grew bitter and jealous, and betrayed me. He stole my precious Trumpet of Eternity, and ripped my Investiture from my bleeding body as I lay in the road. I have spent my life chasing him down, and now he is within my grasp. Die now, No! Die and feel the wrath of my longsuffering years!

26 minutes ago, Lemonelon said:

So, I’m going to vote for Elandera for no particular reason.

No particular reason sounds like an agreement with one of my housemates. Which one? :P 

5 hours ago, Abstrusity said:

Quick question: When you say

Do you mean Elkanah, Elandera, or Elbereth?

If it's "El," you can probably assume Elbereth. My shortened name has usually been Elan or Ela. Not sure about Elkanah.

5 hours ago, STINK said:

Why are there so many people with El at the beginning of their name anyway?

Because it's cool. You should join us. Be El STINK. 

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

Hmm, I’m not a huge fan of all this slander against me. I mean, of course I want my house gone (it is the only way I win :P), but I’m not like “actually 100%” going after them or anything. 

I mean, we all want the same thing and are thus going "100%", but some are attempting it through more political maneuvering than daggers in the night. What is your main strategy? Daggers or discussions?