Straw

Long Game 62: Remaster of the House

130 posts in this topic

I’ll go ahead and bring back Variel again for this game. 

3 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

Count me in if you decide to extend the signups 

Signups were extended. I've added you.

20 hours ago, Straw said:

I'm going to extend the game until there are sixteen players or until December 10th, whichever comes first.

well to damnation, this old retired soul will request admittance,
if you'd have me ofcourse 
ill join as... Glenn an overworked accountant for house(insert name here)  

edit : i forgot i had that as a signature 
edit2 : i am super excited to be in a game with you all again 

Edited by manukos

I'm here. I'll sign up as Mukluk Topper, a fancy top hat on a pair of worn out hiking boots.

The game will now begin! Signups are closed!

[Writeup to come later]

The Day will end on December 6th at 8:00 PM EST.

GM Notes:

-Please tell me you if didn't receive a PM.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Elbereth (Lady Celeste) Tekiel

2. Bartimaeus (Molsier Randaller) Tekiel

3. Coda (Ashweather Tarnin) Hasting

4. Araris Valerian (Hadrian Penrod) Elariel

5. Lemonelon (Lady Elenbora) Elariel

6. Elandera (Dera Renault) Venture

7. STINK (Germane Moniker) Elariel

8. Snipexe (Anonymous Unknown) Tekiel

9. Elkanah (TBA) Hasting

10. StrikerEZ (Variel) Hasting

11. Devotary of Spontaneity (Lady Voelge) Venture

12. Wonko the Sane (TBA) Venture

13. Abstrusity (Mundric Petasum) Hasting

14. Stick (Unknown Anonymous) Elariel

15. Manukos (Glenn) Venture

16. Shqueeves (Mukluk Topper) Tekiel

Edited by Straw

1 minute ago, Straw said:

GM Notes:

-Please tell me you didn't receive a PM.

I didn’t receive a PM. :P 

Edited by Elbereth

1 minute ago, Elbereth said:

I didn’t receive a PM. :P 

You got a PM!

Edited by Straw

Yes, I did, but you told me to tell you I didn’t. :P 

Public announcement: I'm going to play this game a little differently from usual. Glancing over the rules, it seems like there's going to be a lot of politicking in which absolute honesty would be a severe disadvantage. So I'm going to allow myself to lie in this one. It doesn't count against my streak if I warn you, right? :P

I meant to say this before the game started, but never got around to it.

Hadrian paced through his manor house, annoyed at the lack of furnishings compared to Keep Elariel. Unfortunately, while the keep was certainly opulent, recently he'd been feeling rather... exposed around the other Elariel nobles. His own home wouldn't stop a Mistborn attack, but at least anyone trying to kill him would need some effort to finish the job. Until then, he'd see if there were any friends to be made among the other houses. He knew some of the Urbain nobility, and while they tended toward garish clothes and excess of wine, they were also good allies in a pinch.

Ashweather sat in his small residence, furnished sparsely compared to his fellow members of House Hastings. He was one of the lower nobles, barely a step above the skaa. Of course, the only way to advance was to eliminate those who were above him. Those above him knew this and were trying to eliminate him. The greatest game of hide-and-seek, only everyone was hiding, and everyone was seeking. No member of the house was powerful enough to override the orders of the rest, thankfully, but contradicting orders would not go into effect. Alliances were the only way to be truly secure, and that was fraught with risk. Perhaps someone would be trustworthy.

Lady Celeste Tekiel strode through the halls of Keep Tekiel, examining the decorations critically. She was already dressed for the evening, in a dark blue gown that sparkled silver and was cut at the back from the knees down almost like a mistcloak, so that strips of the fabric trailed on the ground and flared when she turned. She'd also taken the liberty of using some of the family diamonds to make her hair sparkle like a circlet of stars - she was sure no one would mind. 

She entered the great ballroom and nodded appreciatively at the work being done there. No matter that her family-in-law was shirking their duties, she would ensure that Tekiel balls remained the best in the city if she had anything to say about it. And besides, it would provide a rather convenient excuse to see if she could get any of said family... discreetly removed. 

Celeste smiled, watching servants hoist a banner in Tekiel's colors to its proper place. She had been looking forward to the Season for ages, it felt like. Scheming and plotting was where she was in her element, and recently she'd begun to dream of bigger ambitions than just being a pretty widow. She'd married into Tekiel, and now she was stuck there even if her husband was dead - she might as well make the most of it. 

Celeste turned on her heel and left the ballroom, briskly walking toward her study. She had a few important letters to pen before the ball. 

Due to wanting as much RP as possible, House Tekiel will be hosting a ball tonight! No, I haven't discussed this with my housemates, but neither has Celeste. That way we can RP something a little more interesting than 'X curled up in their stronghold and worried about everyone who wanted to kill him'. :P 

Dera grinned when received an invitation to the Tekiel ball. It would be the perfect opportunity to begin her plans, and the perfect chance to show off her new dress. It was made of a new fabric she'd developed, then created in her house's factories. 

Nothing like a little murder and fashion to entertain. 

Edited by Elandera
Grammar and such.

Ashweather stared at the invitation. On the one hand, going would leave him more vulnerable to attacks. On the other, not going would politically weaken him. Sighing, he went to his wardrobe to pick out a suit. A black tuxedo, frilly dress shirt, bow tie, and fashionable top hat later, he was ready. He entered his carriage and rode towards House Tekiel.

Mundric nervously donned his ball cloak. He checked all the hooks were in place, with the release mechanism just inside his collar. He wondered what would come of the ball tonight. Straightening his signature triple-tier top hat, his personal invention made just three days ago, he started jogging towards the residence of House Tekiel. Not the traditional method of conveyance, to be sure, but it wasn't far from his residence and athleticism, as everyone knew, was one of the Seven Fundamental Tenets of the Hatsman. Far be it from him to eschew established tradition. He hoped to find some publicity for his new book: Above the Spikes: An Inquisitor's Guide to Hatwear at the ball, but considering the fashion sense of most attendees, he doubted it. The fashions of this time were uninteresting in his opinion. He just hoped his descendants would fare well, get a good education at a prestigious school, maybe even be Allomancers, or try to.

Edited by Abstrusity
More RP!

Voelge had never liked going to balls. There were plenty of other Ventures who were available to attend, but every time she was forced to go. Just because she was expected to 'pull her weight' and 'pay off her debts', the head Ventures seemed to believe she had to do whatever they wanted. Today, Voelge would finally start disobeying her orders. She would go to the ball initially, but take the first opportunity to leave. There was a wide world outside Luthadel, and she was eager to explore it. 

Lady Elenbora was skipping merrily down the corridor of Keep Elariel when she tripped and went flying into the house plants. Scrambling to right herself, she found the corner of an envelope protruding from the pile of soil now covering her legs. How strange, it was addressed to her. Her house must have just been waiting until the last minute to show her this. They wouldn't keep her from the ball intentionally, would they? Of course not!!

"Well, off to clean up and find some sparkles for the ball" she thought as she skipped merrily down the corridor.

Hello everyone ~

It's been more than 14  hours since the game started and there hasn't really been any game talk yet (understandable - the docs and PMs are booming with conversation, I'm sure) so I guess I'll be the one to bring up the lynch here :P Should we have a D1 lynch? Technically it shouldn't matter in a game like this one since we arent trying to find elims or anything. Thoughts?

Outside of RP which hopefully I get round to (though I do have two exams on Monday and Tuesday), I'm just waiting for the first person to get rid of one of their fellow faction members tbh

@_Stick_ I’d be happy to lynch you this cycle :P. Not sure that it would be very sporting to have a lynch before everyone has had plenty of time to do some scheming though.

15 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

@_Stick_ I’d be happy to lynch you this cycle :P. Not sure that it would be very sporting to have a lynch before everyone has had plenty of time to do some scheming though.

I share reciprocal sentiments :P And fair.

18 minutes ago, STINK said:

I'm just waiting for the first person to get rid of one of their fellow faction members tbh

you mean first person to get rid of somebody outside of their faction :P 

@Straw last time there was a no lynch vote iirc  - do we get one now too?

Glenn moved a stack of books to block a ray of the redc sun that the courtains didnt manage to stop .
was it day already?
he had spent the whole night checking over ledgers and what he found was troubling. the most powerful house in Luthadel and it was crumbling. Everyone in the house spent money on balls like there was no tomorow , everyone asumming that the atium would cover for any expense. 
After a night of triple and quadruple-checking it was aparent to him , this whole thing was a bubble and it would pop any day now. 
Mesures had to be taken and changes had to be made but until then.....maybe he could squeeze some more atium out of the skaa in the mines if he had them work double-shifts , it would not do anything in the longterm but it could keep the house afloat for some more time , some more time was all he needed  
as he finished that thought he noticed a decorative envelope enter his room underneath the door 
as he opened it traces of a smile appeared on his face
"How ironic. at least it isn't ours " 
one more check at the ledgers and then ... he had a ball to go to 

Variel paced through his study in his personal manor. The Hasting Manor was not a...pleasant place to live as of right now. Despite the inconvenience of having to travel to and from Luthadel for business, the couple hours spent on a canal each morning and night was worth it to ensure his own safety. 

Someone knocked on his door, and for a moment Variel's heart began to beat. He reached for a vial that wasn't there before he realized an assassin would not knock on his door before killing him. Straightening his crimson suit jacket and dusting off the white shirt underneath, he called for his skaa servant to come in. 

"Lord Ha--Variel," the servant said, bowing as was her place. "A letter just arrived from Luthadel."

Variel took the letter, dismissing the servant so she could continue preparing the manor for his departure. 

Interesting, he thought to himself as he set down the latter. It had come from Lady Celeste, of house Tekiel. A ball would be a pleasant distraction from the stresses of the past few weeks. Not to mention that it would be the perfect time to arrange an alliance to secure the future of House Hasting past these troubling times.

Edited by StrikerEZ

8 hours ago, _Stick_ said:

@Straw last time there was a no lynch vote iirc  - do we get one now too?

Yes.