Harmonium with Feruchemy

Koloss17

How exactly does Ettmetal interact with Feruchemy? Does filling a metalmind trigger it? Will it then add that attribute to its surroundings or does it subtract? 

For example, with a skimmer. He fills his metalmind, losing weight. Would that make the people around the harmonium lighter or heavier? Does it work when he’s tapping it? I imagine that would be devastating for atium either way. You can make everyone super old or you could become immortal. 

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

How exactly does Ettmetal interact with Feruchemy? Does filling a metalmind trigger it? Will it then add that attribute to its surroundings or does it subtract? 

For example, with a skimmer. He fills his metalmind, losing weight. Would that make the people around the harmonium lighter or heavier? Does it work when he’s tapping it? I imagine that would be devastating for atium either way. You can make everyone super old or you could become immortal. 

They make the ships lighter somehow.

1 hour ago, Koloss17 said:

From what I recall, they use Ettmetal Feruchemy-replication to cause the big airships to store weight, rather than being an AOE of people's attributes being stored or tapped.

17 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

From what we know, it might actually cause the object attached to the ettmetal device to age rapidly.

I think that if you could make one of those ettmetal grenades work with F-Atium, it would only work on living things since the feruchemical effect doesn't store 'time' but rather 'youth' which isn't a concept that really applies to something like a vase or other inanimate objects. And it would probably work the other way around since you'd be charging it with stored youth and if it released that in an area it should make anything inside the field younger for the duration.

Now, if you want to use the technology for instant antiques, charge up several of those grenades with A-Cadmium, layer them so the intended target is in a position where all the bubbles overlap and then set them off in sequence. Presto, whatever you've put in the middle of that venn diagram of speed bubbles is now older.

Not sure if Ettmetal works by affecting an entire area with a Feruchemical effect. After all, it would be much more practical to wear this than weight medallions.
I imagine Feruchemical and Allomancy internal metals record the identity of the user who charged the prime box and only affects him.

7 hours ago, Honorless said:

I think it should have a storing effect rather than a tapping effect

But even if it did, you'd expect the skyships would just have ettmetal nodes that stored weight in a radius to cover the entire ship, so that people wouldn't need iron medallions, and could use their worn medallions for other things.