Sure. You might need to wait for a bit though, she currently has a couple of other interactions going (though I guess they could meet whilst fighting Depravity?). By the way, is there a method for people to figure out how to return? Also, what happens when someone tries to use their powers in there?

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Okay a Blockade post is up.

Er... kenod... does Moonglow think the "newcomer to the South" responsible for the attack is Depravity or Blockade?

Depravity, since there'd be at least some mention of monsters. She hasn't actually received the message of Blockade's stunt yet, the message will arrive just after she leaves, though she'll probably see it herself on the way.

Okay cool. From what little he knows, Moonglow's probably the scariest Epic to him in Edmonton, because she has the best chance of actually blowing a hole in the big field... which would then make its structure fail and possibly destroy the entire city.

Depending on how we say Blockade's fields interact with Depravity's corruption, he could also be capable of that - although that would probably just convert the field and not make it explode.

1 hour ago, kenod said:

Hmm, more that Depravity is attacking her, but sure. You might want to run the corruption-curing past Depravity's player by the way, since it affects their character quite a lot.

Umm... I'm confused?

EDIT: also the curing aspect is only temperary and will continue to take effect in the real world, even if one visits the spirit world.

Edited by Exotwo

1 hour ago, Exotwo said:

Umm... I'm confused?

EDIT: also the curing aspect is only temperary and will continue to take effect in the real world, even if one visits the spirit world.

Yeah, that seems fine. Could create interesting dynamics for infected people.

Skytaker

Spoiler

Skytaker

Persona: Smart. Doesn't talk a lot because of her weakness.

Primary: Air manipulation.

A few notes:

- She can duplicate air to make "fake air" which she can control. This is so that there won't be pockets of emptiness. Usually when she uses her air manipulation, she is creating fake air and using that.
- She can't fly using air manipulation but she can walk in air.
- Solidifiying air takes lots of concentration, meaning she would have trouble healing and solidifiying air. Once solid, it takes less concentration to hold. Solidifying by increasing air pressure and temperature. Solidifying air also require her to "duplicate" the air first to avoid vaccums.
- Radius is 5km for something semi-conscious
- Radius is 30m for anything that require concentration
- Always is warping the air around her to form a shield that deflects high-moving objects. 
- Can create a "blanket" around her that stifles sound so she can't hear people speaking. It's not perfect and requires concentration. Loud sounds will pierce through.

Secondary: Healing. It's conscious, meaning she has to think about it. Can heal others but must be touching them.

Tertiary: Flight. Can control 1 other person's flight without touch. No maximum load due to air manipulation, although the heavier it is the more concentration that is needed.

Weakness:
Weakness is well known.

Hearing people talk. The more words per minute she hears, the more affected her abilities. It's like she has an internal WPM calculator.

100 WPM: slight decline in abilities
130 WPM: noticable decline in abilities. No solidifiying air or air pressure/movement.
140 WPM: Self-flight and self-healing only.
150 WPM: Minimal healing (small cuts) and no flight
160 WPM: can do very little air manipulation. Able to keep shield with lots of concentration. Cannot heal.
170+ WPM: Abilities are canceled.

*Most people talk at 110-130 WPM in a normal conversation

Backstory: 

Caeryn had always been interested in physics. Her mother taught high school physics and her father taught university-level sciences. One of her twin brothers had a degree in engineering and the other a degree in physics. In her first year of high school, she was taking grade 11 physics already.

Hearing problems ran in her family. Caeryn has had hearing aids since a young age and one of her twin brothers were projected to go deaf by the age of 40.

When Calamity rose, she was in Astoria for special education and managed to stay in school until she got her Epic abilities. When she managed to fly back home, she arrived to the destruction of her hometown and the death of her parents and the younger twin brother. The older twin had disappeared and was presumed dead.

Skytaker has come to Edmonton searching for a place to rule and competition to compete against. She is always on the lookout for anyone who can help combat her weakness.

Zyth Avkmai

Spoiler

Zyth Avkmai

Not an Epic.
Persona: Arrogant, smart, annoying. He's the type to stand up against an Epic.

Backstory:
Zyth lived in Senlac, Saskatchewan with his adopted parents. Of course, it was still a big enough town for a not-quite-very-strong Epic to waltz in with a even weaker Epic and say "Hey, let's kill some people!"
The not-quite-very-strong Epic's name was Stone the Brickslayer. The Epic's abilities were the ability to turn bricks into stone. Brickslayer could also shrink bricks by 20% before turning them to stone.
The weak Epic Brickslayer had brought along was called Rainless who could make it never rain in a 5 km radius.

Plainherder, another Epic who was from a nearby town, killed Stone the Brickslayer and Rainless and left after destroying more of the town with his ability to create and control goats. Plainherder flooding buildings with goats so that the people inside were trampled, but most of the town survived by hiding away as Jason was occupied by the battle with the other Epics. After killing the two offending Epics, Plainherder left the town.

So why is Zyth walking for 3-5 days to Edmonton? Because he wants to work for an Epic. And then kill that Epic and rule in their place- wait what? :)

Edited by Aeternum
Skytaker fix

Hello!

It's an interesting character... there have definitely been non-Epic Epic killers in the RP in the past, but generally player Epics are... way off the power scale. Which makes attacking them directly generally unhealthy for the individual. It can definitely be a thing, though.

7 minutes ago, kenod said:

Quoadusque-Adinfinitum

That too? Since I'm pretty sure that's not a family name you'd find in Canada.

Maybe they're not from Canada? He's adopted. But yes, it's a bit on the odd side. I'll only adjust it if it's actually a problem. I'm the type who hates having a common name.

8 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Hello!

It's an interesting character... there have definitely been non-Epic Epic killers in the RP in the past, but generally player Epics are... way off the power scale. Which makes attacking them directly generally unhealthy for the individual. It can definitely be a thing, though.

Well don't you worry... I have plans.

(But please, don't kill him.)

Don’t worry, we have a rule about not killing player characters without permission :P

It just becomes somewhat of an issue, for example, if your non-Epic walked up to Blockade (my tempermental main Epic) and slapped him in the face... it can be difficult to find a way to feasibly follow that rule and sticking to character.

11 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Don’t worry, we have a rule about not killing player characters without permission :P

It just becomes somewhat of an issue, for example, if your non-Epic walked up to Blockade (my tempermental main Epic) and slapped him in the face... it can be difficult to find a way to feasibly follow that rule and sticking to character.

If my character slapped your character then go right ahead and kill my character in a reasonable fashion.

But that won't happen. Maybe.

20 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

Maybe they're not from Canada? He's adopted. But yes, it's a bit on the odd side. I'll only adjust it if it's actually a problem. I'm the type who hates having a common name.

Well don't you worry... I have plans.

(But please, don't kill him.)

Hmm, honestly, I'd like some opinions of the others on this. The first name is fine, and I don't mind unusual last names, it's more that it feels less like an unusual name and more like a name nobody would have, which feels rather weird for a family name. Personally, the first part sounds decent, like something someone from a Spanish or Italian speaking country might have, it's just that to me the Adinfinitum makes it sound less like a really rare name and more like non-existant one.

Then again, I'm not a mod or something like that, so if you really want it you can do it, though I'd personally prefer to hear what the others think of it. If they don't have an issue with it, neither do I.