32 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I find it slightly ironic that the disappearance of a time-manipulating Epic causes a storyline time-skip.

Calamity disappearing would pose... severe issues with Intercession, unless she manages to get a similar power from him. 

Yup. Though the original idea was that Epoch would freeze everyone in time, I think, which caused the disappearance?

And yeah, Intercession would be screwed, but she's in a lot of trouble already, since no epic would want her to use her powers, except possibly on them, because of the chance of a stronger cape appearing. Even using it to reward loyal henchmen would be risky. Essentially, having her as a henchmen would be an extreme gamble. Though honestly, the best strategy with her is to just kidnap her and force her to use her powers, since from what I've gathered she wouldn't have any methods of defending herself.

21 minutes ago, kenod said:

And yeah, Intercession would be screwed, but she's in a lot of trouble already, since no epic would want her to use her powers, except possibly on them, because of the chance of a stronger cape appearing. Even using it to reward loyal henchmen would be risky. Essentially, having her as a henchmen would be an extreme gamble. Though honestly, the best strategy with her is to just kidnap her and force her to use her powers, since from what I've gathered she wouldn't have any methods of defending herself.

Yup. That's partially why she sticks around Blockade so much, as Blockade saw what happened to Ferocity and is therefore very wary of her abilities, both in his own hands and if she fell into the hands of anyone else. Particularly...

She also pretends to have a lot more control than she actually does.

You should define an Epic weakness, though you can keep it spoilered or secret if you really want to, though in that case you'd need to tell the GM (if we actually get one). Other than that, we don't use a points system or something like that, and you don't need to name additional non-epic weaknesses if you don't want to. Also power levels and restrictions are a lot looser.

I think the main rules we were using before were: No teleporters (supposed to be really rare), not too many high epics (again, rare, but also because having Steelheart level invincibility around isn't much fun). Other than that, probably no things that take control away from PCs, like mind control, or instant kills or defeats that can't be defended against (killing touch might be okay, since you can just stay out of range?).

Okay. Here's Rust. (I am open to better names) 

Spoiler

Epic name: Rust

Powers: Primary- aging touch: When he touches something, he can make it get older. He can make metal rust, and wounds heal. It uses his energy to do this, and using it on living things uses up more energy.

Secondary- enhanced metabolism

Appearance: Skinny, young adult.

age- 18, but appears older as a result of using his power to heal.

Eyes- Green

Hair- brown, with strands of gre.

Backstory: He lived on the street for a while. After Calamity, he used his status as an Epic to rise into a better position

Other notes: He eats a lot, especially after using his power. He wears a rust colored vest with lot's of pockets, usually full of food. He doesn't care much for being in charge, but he does enjoy power. He is cautious, and doesn't trust people easily.

Weakness:

Spoiler

Seafood. Kieth once ate food out of the garbage of a seafood restaurant, and almost died from food poisoning. His powers are weakened as long as he can see it, smelling it disables them for a short time (more rotten smelling seafood disables it longer), and accidentally(or intentionally, I guess) eating it disables them for a day or two.

Also, can I just insert him into any thread?

Edited by Kings_way
Trouble with spoilers

Current location threads aren't being used anymore. We're currently (supposed to be) debating if we're continuing to use the old Edmonton thread or creating a new one. Also, previous page has a discord link, we sometimes use that place for discussing stuff as well.

Spoiler

Epic Name: Sage 

Name: Adam Hannifin

Powerset: Class A force redirection, Class C shapeshifting.
  Force Redirection - Can take forces applied to him and choose either to store them to be used later or to use them directly. 
  Shapeshifting - Can't really turn into anything larger than a human, but does retain sapience. Favorite forms include an osprey, a jaguar, and a rat.

Weakness: Unfinished construction sites. Why? Because he almost died in one when he was a kid and they've haunted him ever since.

Appearance: A tall man with red hair and a jawline beard. He's broad through the shoulders and tends to wear a large purple pullover hoodie with gold thread outlining the cuffs and hood and denim jeans, regardless of where he is or what he's doing. 

Backstory: After Calamity rose and he gained his powers, he wandered from domain to domain, watching everything that happened but unwilling to stop any of it. 

Personality: Mostly just an interested observer, but he's only an observer as long as he is interested. Really doesn't know the extent of his own powers, but is too fond of experiencing new things to put himself through the rigors and risks of finding them out. Always leaves himself away out for when he gets bored and wants to move to the next thing. Some people would call him flighty, but when gets really focused on something, he'll see it through.

Edited by Invocation

10 hours ago, kenod said:

Also, I assume the force redirection functions as a prime invincibility (not that there's anything wrong with that)?

Up to a limited degree, yeah. He can't do much about anything other than blunt force trauma, though. Cuts don't redirect easy.

10 hours ago, kenod said:

Could you add a personality section though?

Will do, bossman.

I'd quickly like to repost the Discord link for the Reckoners RPG server, since I tend to hang out there more than I do here: https://discord.gg/Y2ZvfuR

And now for more important-ish things:

We've decided, mostly, that the RP reboot will still be taking place in Edmonton, but likely in a new thread and after a timeskip. For those of you that read the What Happened in Edmonton thread, it stalled and died around the time a meeting between many of the capes of the city, both major and minor players, took place. We're going to be ending that meeting with an unspecified catastrophe that will likely wipe all the characters who attended said meeting off the board, mainly because most of the people who played those characters are no longer around. Hopefully, this will let us start with a clean slate, though anyone who wants to bring a character over who attended the meeting is welcome to do so; maybe it will let us pin down exactly what happened there.

We might need to choose a new leader for the RP so that the whole thing doesn't get shelved. Most of the people I would've nominated - Voidus, Edgedancer, Twi - no longer seem to be around, so we'll probably have to choose from some of the newer players that are. I nominate @the winter system, @kenod, and @DrakeMarshall; they all seem more competent than your average bear (though that's probably not a high bar to clear since most of the bears I know of can't use computers - actually, you know what, it's a figure of speech).

I plan to put up the first post of the new RP in a new thread before the end of the month. I hope it's good, but no promises on that. I will say that it will likely involve a lot of expository carp about the city which you guys can and should contradict at anytime you want; most of it is my headcanon for what happened, which is likely to be extremely inaccurate.

Modified version of Little Red:
(changed the epic name to Luna, and changed the teleportation to a flash step ability)
Flash step:

Spoiler

the ability to temporarily transform into a shadow, moving at high speeds (35 m/s, 60 meter range). In this state she can't interact with anything, and when moving through obstacles it works similar to a liquid or a gas, with solid obstacles blocking her and dropping her out of this state (with a significant impact, which is capable of bruising her ribs or other injuries), but for other obstacles like chain-link fences she can go right through. She can also move through clear glass in this state.

When using her shadow-step ability she needs to define the trajectory beforehand, and while slight curves are possible the trajectories are still mostly straight.

The new sheet:
Luna:

Spoiler

Name: Luna DeWitt

Epic Name: Luna

Appearance: 4'7'', with long, white-blonde hair, blue eyes and a skin that's way too pale to be healthy Her face is rather small, and while pretty tends to be rather disturbing, because the way too pale skin gives it an inhuman quality. Normally wears a blood-red cloak with the hood up, a white dress with what seems to be dried blood on it, a red skirt, long socks and black boots.

Power(s): She can create a large (8') wolf that appears from her shadow, and is capable of acting automatically, including defending her. While dangerous, it can be killed or wounded, though its size means you generally need large swords or spears, heavy guns or explosives to do so. It is capable of healing by eating people, as well as retreating back into any large nearby shadows to return back to Luna's shadow, where it can also recover from injuries, which generally takes a few hours. If it hasn't eaten anyone for over a week it will become weakened, its size changing down to only 5'. On the flip side, as it eats people it can gain temporary increases in its strength and speed, as well as the cutting/piercing ability of its fangs and claws. However, this charge will half with each day that passes, as well as each time it's summoned back into Luna's shadow. Once it has a charge it'll start regenerating as well, though at a fairly slow rate.

Luna is also capable of merging with the wolf, changing her appearance to be more werewolf-like. In this state she gains enhanced speed, strength and regen (baseline 30 seconds for cuts and gun shot wounds, 5 minutes for broken bones, 2 hours heals everything), based on the number of people the wolf had eaten up until that point, and the wolf's instincts will give her enhanced reflexes, but will also make her much more aggressive. She will also gain the ability to summon tooth-like knives, and the ability to temporarily transform into a shadow, moving at high speeds (35 m/s, 60 meter range). In this state she can't interact with anything, and when moving through obstacles it works similar to a liquid or a gas, with solid obstacles blocking her and dropping her out of this state (with a significant impact, which is capable of bruising her ribs or other injuries), but for other obstacles like chain-link fences she can go right through. She can also move through clear glass in this state.

When using her shadow-step ability she needs to define the trajectory beforehand, and while slight curves are possible the trajectories are still mostly straight.

Weakness:

Spoiler

Being forced to acknowledge she's just a normal human, and that there isn't anything inherently special about her.

Personality: Can act somewhat childish at times, tends to be quite nice to people she considers friends. The issue is that she considers most people to just be people, and thus unimportant, considering them toys she can do with whatever she wants, and enjoys feeding them to her wolf. In these cases she tends to switch between total disinterest, utter sadism, and playful toying with them, sometimes multiple times in a single interaction.
She believes the world is somewhat similar to a story, and only "special people" actually matter, and everything else doesn't matter and is just there as a backdrop. Normally she considers Epics to be special people, though if a normal human manages to do something that particularly impresses her, like killing an Epic she might acknowledge them as well, since only a special person can kill another special person.
If she'd be forced to acknowledge everybody is normal and there's nothing special about people she'll probably break down, since it'd mean that all the people she killed were murders, not just her playing with some toys.
Considers her wolf to be her best friend, and tends to call it out just to cuddle or play with it.
Most of her motivations can be summed up with: "Because it amused me."

Backstory: When she was young she loved reading fairy tales, and was at an age where she still believed them to be true, and the fact that to her the people around her were incredibly boring she concluded that she must be the main character, and everyone else unimportant. While normally she'd have grown out of this after a few more years Calamity happened in this case, and her powers to her mind confirmed that she was indeed special. A few months later she let her wolf slaughter everyone around her out of boredom, and then disappeared, only showing up sporadically in different towns every so often, sometimes not doing much, other times hanging around for longer, making friends with local Epics before moving on again. During this time she also matured somewhat, growing out of her believe that she lived in a story to some degree, realizing it as childish, though she still kept her believe that normal humans don't matter, compared to special people like her. Eventually she ended moving up to Edmonton, having wanted to see Canada, and see if it had anything amusing.

Edited by kenod

I can start reading through old threads and putting together info to help hold the RP together if none of the more established people want to run it or whatever.  I'll try to have a character design here tonight after work or tomorrow.  Some kind of biomanipulator, I'm thinking, but we'll see since she's on the more heavily powered side of things.

I'll submit this character, although I somewhat doubt I'll play very often (just because I'm in so many other RPs here). So his personality will keep him somewhat out of the way unless it's more important or you guys need him.

Spoiler

Name: Alec Farwen

Epic Name: Starfall

Appearance: A dark haired man with golden eyes. He's rather average height but still has the Epic intimidation factor. He tends to wear dark clothing with gold accents, like bracelets, rings, or a gold shirt under a black coat.

Powers: Hard-light creation. Starfall can create rudimentary hard-light constructs and control them. Sometimes this means swords, guns, or projectiles, but what Starfall usually uses is creating a construct that will act on its own with rudimentary instructions, such as "Follow", "Defend", "Intimidate", or "Kill". These constructs have their own senses and can be destroyed with some effort. Starfall can sense everything each of his constructs can sense, and, while doesn't seem to have a technical limit on the number he can create, will get overloaded with sensory input after a certain number, usually around 7 or 8. 

This power is connected to his secondary power, which is extrasensory perception. Starfall can see out of multiple perspectives, as if he has a group of constructs around him at all times. He has to focus on one perspective at a time, but will be alerted by movement in any number of them at a time. His field of view in each perspective is the same as his normal eyes, but in aggregate he can see everything around him in every direction.

Weakness

Spoiler

Being alone. As such, he always has a group of admirers and hangers-on with him.

Personality: Starfall is a showman first and a leader second. Much of his control over the city Constellation is because of his ability to make himself seem invincible and in complete control. He uses drama as a weapon, exploiting tropes and clichés to manipulate opponents, and makes sure to "set the stage" appropriately for any kind of encounter. His favorite part is the denouement, when he gets to explain every move and countermove that led up to that point, although he's not dumb enough to do it while his opponent is still alive. He brings along an audience for that. 

His name comes from how he patrols his city. If there's any detection of wrong doing, he will send a group of constructs in, falling from the sky. These kill squads are often called "shooter stars" in Constellation. He also uses the constructs in other ways to "subtly" remind people of his power, such as serving drinks or food at parties.

Starfall believes that his authority comes from his ability to use his power right. He has disdain for people like Regalia or Larcener who stay out of the public view, and respect for Steelheart, who knew how to use public opinion to his advantage.

Backstory: Alec came to a small city shortly after Calamity. For a while, he lived there without using his Epic power at all. However, the town was attacked by other (usually more minor) Epics, and he used his powers to defend the town, trying to limit his use, since he felt the darkness. During this time, he went by Star, and tried to use non-lethal force against opposing Epics. Eventually though, it became too much. During a fight with a fire epic named Archangel, he snapped and brutally killed him. After that night, he took over the town officially under the guise of making it more defensible, and reorganized it as Constellation, the city of Stars. He recruited other minor epics as advisors and continued to rule.

Okay, so, we'll moderate if absolutely nobody else wants to, but I'm not very good with authority and don't really like the idea of a leadership position. 

Also, hi! We're a system. We talked about this some in the discord, but, in case you aren't in there or if you've missed it, here's a bit of a reintroduction. (And here's some links to resources on plurality: https://www.pluralpride.com/playbook, https://morethanone.info/, http://healthymultiplicity.com/, https://real-did.tumblr.com/post/161482796166/q-and-a-about-fictional-introjects)

Nix: Me! I'm the host, which means that I'm in front -- using the body -- most often. They/them pronouns. I'll be writing for a new human character. 

Juno: They're a nonhuman protector. Sometimes they're a wolf, pretty much exactly like in this pfp which probably isn't a coincidence, and sometimes they're a person. They're more energetic, meme-y, and will probably be writing for Kokichi. They/them. Protector means they're here to, well, obviously, protect us! Kind of aggressive at times, memey. 

Lisa Wilbourn: She/her. Social trauma holder, caretaker, fictive of Tattletale from Worm. I know a lot of people here are familiar with that source, so like, please be chill, and don't bring up anything specific about the events to her. Worldbuilding talk is fine, anything after Arc 22 is fine, anything else, please keep behind a spoiler tag and be aware that although she has a lot of the same memories, she's not literally the same person. She's also a part of us. I'll keep her from being too rude. She might write an Epic, might write a human, might not write at all. 

B.: They/them, its/its. Fictive of Rachel Lindt, but they don't go by that name. The only name they go by their is villain name. Which. Is not something we can say on this platform. So, B. is a compromise. They don't really mind their backstory or anything being brought up, and they're very different. They probably won't write for any characters-- maybe a dog, now that I think about it, we were going to have my character have a dog.

We don't really have any amnesia between all of us, so don't worry about trying to catch any of us up. This isn't necessarily an exhaustive list, more might pop up, because that's just how this sort of thing works. 

We can answer questions, but just in general as a reminder, google is free, and if you wouldn't ask it of a singlet (non plural person), don't ask it of any of us! :P 

1 minute ago, Old Amsterdam said:

I can start reading through old threads and putting together info to help hold the RP together if none of the more established people want to run it or whatever.  I'll try to have a character design here tonight after work or tomorrow.  Some kind of biomanipulator, I'm thinking, but we'll see since she's on the more heavily powered side of things.

Reading through Edmonton should be more than enough, the Oregon thread events don't really come up generally, I think.

Also, my (potential) faction leader character:

Moonglow:

Spoiler

Name: Marian Davidson

Epic Name: Moonglow

Appearance: 5'7" tall, with a small face, long silver hair and grey eyes. Wears a knee-length white dress that's easy to move around in.

Powers:
Moonlight manipulation: Can create strands of solid moonlight and manipulate them, giving them various shapes. Primary use is a bow firing arrows of exploding moonlight. Can also cause drops of these to rain from the sky, or fire off blasts of them.

Moonlight aura: can coat herself in an aura of moonlight. This aura provides some defence, though not much, but does grant enhanced strength and flight.

reincarnation: When killed she'll come back to live the next night

Her presence alters the night sky in a radius of 20 miles around her, erasing the effects of light pollution, and increasing the apparent size and brightness of the moon.

The strength of her powers are linked to the phase of the moon, with her powers being the weakest during new moon and the strongest during a full moon, with a new moon only allowing her to form her bow or simple threads, while at a full moon she can fire beams of moonlight capable of demolishing buildings.

Gifter, though the version she can grant doesn't have the powers fluctuate with the phase of the moon, instead stuck at her average power level. Her reincarnation can't be gifted.

Weakness:

Spoiler

A night with a new moon blocks her reincarnation, delaying her rebirth until the next full moon. A Lunar eclipse causes her to completely lose her powers.

Skills: Archery

Personality: Very serious, considers herself a ruler, and acts like it. Generally avoids showing any emotion. Takes care of those she cares about and gifts them power, but still considers them subordinate to her, and will not tolerate anything she considers betrayal. Prefers dealing with women, though she doesn't have an issue with employing males either, even if she generally won't let them into her inner circle.

Backstory: Originally from a village close to Toronto, she had a fairly normal life, aside from an incident when she was a kid where she got lost during a lunar eclipse, the red moon further frightening her. When she got older she started practising archery, even going out hunting with them a few times.
After Calamity came she got picked up by a local Epic, serving beneath them in a high position for a long time, until recently another Epic challenged them. Having heard stories about Edmonton she let the newcomer defeat the local ruler and left instead, heading out to Edmonton to build her own kingdom.