On 21/02/2021 at 9:18 AM, Ashbringer said:

If we can actually get this back up and running, that would be cool. All my Epics kinda got isolationist...

... I wonder how many of us are just sitting around like "Yeah if five people are actually going to be active, I'll put the effort in". My gut says it's more than five :P

(@kenod, just in case you're part of that group.)

I honestly don't know. I'm currently doing a lot in other rps already. I might be able to, but I'm not sure yet. I won't be one of the main rpers though, probably, pacing-wise

• 1 month later...

I'll post my character to help get this going.

Spoiler

Alias: Alias 

Name: Benton, but his last name is unknown. 

Primary Power: He can change his physical features to that of another person's, but he needs direct contact. He can selectively shapeshift, but it has two restrictions. The first is that he needs direct contact with the body part he's trying to shift to. The second is that he can't change skin color without touching someone of the correct skin color. So if he were to take a African person's nose shape he would also get their skin color only on the nose. This can cause him to have a black nose on a white face.

Secondary Power: He has some healing ability, allowing him to heal most minor wounds in a few minutes, but major wounds still take a few weeks.

Weakness: His weakness is pretty obvious and easy to find out. If someone discovers who he is his powers stop working. If someone discovers he isn't who he says he is he can't shapeshift.

Backstory: Benton was always a troublemaker. Even from a young age, he was stealing and hiding things and playing pranks. As he got older, his tricky ways got harsher and dangerous. At times getting to the point of vandalism. His father, seeking to channel his destructive nature, enrolled him in various sports and other activities, few of them stuck as he was a bit of a bully. When sports failed, his father tried the last thing he new, and the only thing he himself could teach him: hunting. At first, it worked channeling his rage at animals and targets, but eventually another person became the subject of his ire. He used his skills with a gun to murder the man. He was then on the run from the law until Calamity rose, giving him the powers to further hide. 

Personality: Hate-and-spiteful with a tendency towards violence. He has no morals and will do anything to get what he wants.

Completely forgot about this (again... oops). I have a looooooooot of work to do on the character still.

Spoiler

Alias: Just call her Thorn for now

Name: Acantha

Primary Power: (Fluent) Communication with all living organisms and persuading them to do things (had a hard time coming up with anything :P)

Secondary Power: Also fluent in all human languages

Weakness: Unknown.

Backstory: Grew up in a small town on the coast of the Pacific Northwest.

Personality: We'll see what it ends up like

Figured out some more stuff

Edited by PreciousNoodle

16 minutes ago, PreciousNoodle said:

Completely forgot about this (again... oops). I have a looooooooot of work to do on the character still.

Hide contents

Alias: I'll have to figure this out, along with everything else.

Primary Power: You'd think that of all things, I would have at least this figured out. :P

Secondary Power: None that are publicly known.

I'll update that once I figure out more stuff ^^^

Very detailed:P

On 4/8/2021 at 11:21 AM, The Unknown Order said:

Hide contents

Primary Power: He can change his physical features to that of another person's, but he needs direct contact. He can selectively shapeshift, but it has two restrictions. The first is that he needs direct contact with the body part he's trying to shift to. The second is that he can't change skin color without touching someone of the correct skin color. So if he were to take a African person's nose shape he would also get their skin color only on the nose. This can cause him to have a black nose on a white face.

Secondary Power: He has some healing ability, allowing him to heal most minor wounds in a few minutes, but major wounds still take a few weeks.

Weakness: His weakness is pretty obvious and easy to find out. If someone discovers who he is his powers stop working. If someone discovers he isn't who he says he is he can't shapeshift.

Backstory: Benton was always a troublemaker. Even from a young age, he was stealing and hiding things and playing pranks. As he got older, his tricky ways got harsher and dangerous. At times getting to the point of vandalism. His father, seeking to channel his destructive nature, enrolled him in various sports and other activities, few of them stuck as he was a bit of a bully. When sports failed, his father tried the last thing he new, and the only thing he himself could teach him: hunting. At first, it worked channeling his rage at animals and targets, but eventually another person became the subject of his ire. He used his skills with a gun to murder the man. He was then on the run from the law until Calamity rose, giving him the powers to further hide. 

Personality: Hate-and-spiteful with a tendency towards violence. He has no morals and will do anything to get what he wants.

Seems good.

On 4/8/2021 at 0:22 PM, PreciousNoodle said:

Hide contents

Alias: I'll have to figure this out, along with everything else.

Primary Power: You'd think that of all things, I would have at least this figured out. :P

Secondary Power: None that are publicly known.

I'll update that once I figure out more stuff ^^^

Needs more work.

Uh I'll try to post a new character by the end of today.

Collapse

Spoiler

Name: Aaron 

Epic name: Collapse

Primary: Microkenesis

I probably have like some other power listed here so I’ll point out what CAN be done:

Weakening the molecule bonds (without the whole, you know, blowing up radioactivity things) allows for materials such as stone or air to be cut through easier, almost like stonewards’ soft axial connection surge, and therefore allows for:

-          Less resistance when cutting things. (although things still have resistance)

-          Faster speed (less air resistance)

-          Longer jumps

As for the other side, Reinforcing Molecule bonds (without the radioactivity that I’m sure will happen)

-          Slowing movement speeds

-          Gliding ability

Limitations on this ability is as follows:

-          Cannot completely destroy molecules

-          Does not work on living cells

-          Cannot solidify things (so no air walking)

-          Ability will always be indicated by Magenta glow where the Microkensis is happening

-          Ability is conscious

-          Works on multiple molecular bonds at once (enough to make a significant differance)

-          Effect gets reversed after a few seconds

I probably have extended microkensis a bit but please don’t say ‘you’re not supposed to be able to that’ Microkensis is used in the ways above, even if it isn’t really microkenisis

Secondary: Invisibility

Pretty self explanatory

Weakness: This weird golden yellow colour. Has to be within +5 or -5 of hue, brightness and saturation Powers do not work on things that are The color listed

Personality: not describable

History: Aaron was around 16 when calamity rose. When some certain epics, named Harmony (musical powers) and Crevasse (earth manipulation) came around and declared that they were in charge of everything, Everyone didn’t really have a choice. All those who rebeled where dead on Harmony’s musical notes and those who stayed where basically dead. So Aaron waited it out. Over the next three years, the gangs within the small area started to bully and raid nearby houses and places. Aaron escaped most of these raids, but one time, the gang called the Carnage Collective, lead by a epic named Cinder, who could annilate anything that could be destroyed, cornered Aaron. Right as he was about to be annilated, he turned invisible. While invisible, Aaron escaped the Carnage collective.

Ever since then, Aaron was hiding in his hometown, which is now gone. In fact, no one really knows where the town that Aaron grew up in is.

When Harmony left to go kill sundew 6 years later, Aaron personally assassinated Crevasse. Harmony never returned, and Aaron never had any intent to rule or destroy his unnamed hometown, so he went to Edmonton, and is now here.

BAM.

Edited by Exotwo

I'm here, if this RP is getting back up.

On 4/8/2021 at 11:21 AM, The Unknown Order said:

Reveal hidden contents

With the weakness, do they have to know who he is, as in more than just "Oh it's that guy I saw walking around yesterday"? Is there a certain amount of information they need to know about him?

On 4/13/2021 at 8:28 AM, Exotwo said:

Seems good.

Needs more work.

Uh I'll try to post a new character by the end of today.

Collapse

Hide contents

Name: Aaron 

Epic name: Collapse

Primary: Microkenesis

I probably have like some other power listed here so I’ll point out what CAN be done:

Weakening the molecule bonds (without the whole, you know, blowing up radioactivity things) allows for materials such as stone or air to be cut through easier, almost like stonewards’ soft axial connection surge, and therefore allows for:

-          Less resistance when cutting things. (although things still have resistance)

-          Faster speed (less air resistance)

-          Longer jumps

As for the other side, Reinforcing Molecule bonds (without the radioactivity that I’m sure will happen)

-          Slowing movement speeds

-          Gliding ability

Limitations on this ability is as follows:

-          Cannot completely destroy molecules

-          Does not work on living cells

-          Cannot solidify things (so no air walking)

-          Ability will always be indicated by Magenta glow where the Microkensis is happening

-          Ability is conscious

-          Works on multiple molecular bonds at once (enough to make a significant differance)

-          Effect gets reversed after a few seconds

I probably have extended microkensis a bit but please don’t say ‘you’re not supposed to be able to that’ Microkensis is used in the ways above, even if it isn’t really microkenisis

Secondary: Invisibility

Pretty self explanatory

Weakness: This weird golden yellow colour. Has to be within +5 or -5 of hue, brightness and saturation Powers do not work on things that are The color listed

Personality: not describable

History: Aaron was around 16 when calamity rose. When some certain epics, named Harmony (musical powers) and Crevasse (earth manipulation) came around and declared that they were in charge of everything, Everyone didn’t really have a choice. All those who rebeled where dead on Harmony’s musical notes and those who stayed where basically dead. So Aaron waited it out. Over the next three years, the gangs within the small area started to bully and raid nearby houses and places. Aaron escaped most of these raids, but one time, the gang called the Carnage Collective, lead by a epic named Cinder, who could annilate anything that could be destroyed, cornered Aaron. Right as he was about to be annilated, he turned invisible. While invisible, Aaron escaped the Carnage collective.

Ever since then, Aaron was hiding in his hometown, which is now gone. In fact, no one really knows where the town that Aaron grew up in is.

When Harmony left to go kill sundew 6 years later, Aaron personally assassinated Crevasse. Harmony never returned, and Aaron never had any intent to rule or destroy his unnamed hometown, so he went to Edmonton, and is now here.

BAM.

BAM. :P
What's the range limit?

On 4/14/2021 at 8:59 AM, Not an Ookla said:

I'm here, if this RP is getting back up.

With the weakness, do they have to know who he is, as in more than just "Oh it's that guy I saw walking around yesterday"? Is there a certain amount of information they need to know about him?

BAM. :P
What's the range limit?

Around arms length or so.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Order said:

For his powers to completely stop, they have to know who he is by name. For his powers to freeze they just need to know he's not who he's pretending to be.

I'll assume just first name? And if he were to take on the appearance of a really strong person with more muscle, would he be stronger? Same with senses, would he need glasses?

Alias looks good!

On 4/15/2021 at 6:06 PM, Not an Ookla said:

I'll assume just first name? And if he were to take on the appearance of a really strong person with more muscle, would he be stronger? Same with senses, would he need glasses?

Alias looks good!

Yes and yes, he's essentially becoming that person. That's partly why his powers are so specific when it comes to acquiring them.

54 minutes ago, PreciousNoodle said:

Can he become someone who is dead?

Can he change his individual features specifically (to look like someone he made up, etc.) or can he only look like someone that actually exists?

Look at how he gains the power for the second question. For the first, yes, he just has to touch them.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Fallapede said:

Should I drop Stopwatch from being associated with Barricade? It seems kind of pointless if they aren't going to be active.

I don't remember whose character was Barricade, but yes, that makes sense. Feel free to post whenever!

It might be nice to get another big faction in Edmonton at some point (although since we're kind of getting back up again, I don't want to push it), since I'm not sure what's happening with Moonglow, Depravity, or Blockade. That just leaves the AHE, the government, and Sundew as the big factions. There might be more, but I can't recall.