363 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, VanillaDCocoKing said:

Hello!

Your local bad writer has returned!

I would like more info on the disaster that occurred, because I now have time to continue my characters' story. Well, that of Bloodlight (Nathaniel) and Stalemate, (Amanda) anyway.

As I understood it, Epoch greatly expanded some time fields, presumably slowing the stadium and the area around it, and there was an explosion. If that's how it went, I can just kill Skeet with that explosion, but obviously Bloodlight and Stalemate don't have such weaknesses, meaning I can have them leave the bubble and rejoin the story, using said bubble to explain their absence. Is that about right?

Also, before anyone asks, yes, I am ACTUALLY going to remain involved this time. I'm picking a couple of weekdays right now on which to use this as my primary writing warm-up.

I think so? Kokichi managed to survive as well, through general Kokichi methods, so Nate and Amanda still being alive should be possible. As for the state of the world, Epoch died, or at least all his other timefields dropped, freeing Pariah, who took over his old territory. The maples expanded a decent way towards the city centre. A bit later Moonglow arrived too, claiming the centre, around the same time Depravity claimed the area south of the centre. Blank is still around, probably. A bunch of new epics arrived just as the rp kicked off as well, with Blockade claiming a large section of the south-western industrial area.

1 minute ago, kenod said:

I think so? Kokichi managed to survive as well, through general Kokichi methods, so Nate and Amanda still being alive should be possible. As for the state of the world, Epoch died, or at least all his other timefields dropped, freeing Pariah, who took over his old territory. The maples expanded a decent way towards the city centre. A bit later Moonglow arrived too, claiming the centre, around the same time Depravity claimed the area south of the centre. Blank is still around, probably. A bunch of new epics arrived just as the rp kicked off as well, with Blockade claiming a large section of the south-western industrial area.

Cool. Well, if it's generally vague, than that will work. Nobody has yet put anything in the actual RP threads that contradicts that, so I'll just let mine be the first explanation.

Also, I guess I kind of need Karabiner alive too, but that is a very easy thing to manage. He Scottied away at that last moment anyway, and I have the PERFECT accident for him.

The previous paragraph means I am probably bringing in my little brother's magnet Epic, Polarity. I'll see if he has time to write that, though.

7 minutes ago, VanillaDCocoKing said:

Cool. Well, if it's generally vague, than that will work. Nobody has yet put anything in the actual RP threads that contradicts that, so I'll just let mine be the first explanation.

Also, I guess I kind of need Karabiner alive too, but that is a very easy thing to manage. He Scottied away at that last moment anyway, and I have the PERFECT accident for him.

The previous paragraph means I am probably bringing in my little brother's magnet Epic, Polarity. I'll see if he has time to write that, though.

Alright, sounds interesting.

Are you on the discord, by the way? Since a lot of communication goes through there nowadays.

1 minute ago, kenod said:

Alright, sounds interesting.

Are you on the discord, by the way? Since a lot of communication goes through there nowadays.

Which Discord?

I'm on the 17th Shard server. Does it have a sub for this? Or is there another channel?

Just now, VanillaDCocoKing said:

Which Discord?

I'm on the 17th Shard server. Does it have a sub for this? Or is there another channel?

We made a discord server back in the day to be able to more easily ping people for the planning doc, and currently it's the main place for discussing stuff. Here's the link: https://discord.gg/7BCvFKXh

My brother's characters, in case he never actually joins:

Polarity

Spoiler

Magnet powers. Polarity generates a strong magnetic field from his heart. This field can be modified to include or exclude any kind of metal, and can be rotated at will. He can also intensify, dilute, expand, and contract that field, to a maximum diameter of around 160 feet or a minimum of 13 inches. Maximum pushing/pulling force unknown, though I would suggest around 100 billion foot-pounds, meaning he can throw cars but can't stop an airplane dead. He can also magnetize metal or make it inert on contact; those magnetic fields can also be rotated, contracted, or slightly expanded, but not otherwise powered up.

By spinning his magnetic field, Polarity can create a forcefield of metal bits. Metal objects fired into it will be intercepted by the magnetic waves, making them highly inaccurate, them intercepted by the metal itself. Non-metallic projectiles retain accuracy, but are still blocked. This field can be flipped to spin overhead instead of around him, leaving his sides slightly vulnerable and turning him into a human monocycle.

By angling magnetic fields, Polarity can super-yeet magnetized objects, or yoink them across decent distances.

I don't remember his weakness, but it was a good one.

Circaster

Spoiler

Circaster grows metal spheres in her hands. these can be any sort of metal, but she can only create it at a rate of 100 grams per second (in other words, 1kg=10s). Hence, denser metals--like lead, gold, or tungsten--take time, but things like aluminium or magnesium can be pumped out quickly.

Her secondary power is explosive priming. The metal she creates is charged with Epic energy and primed to explode, but she can also prime other metal objects at a rate of 1kg=20s. These explosives are triggered once they have reached an energy threshold proportional to their mass. The explosion radius is proportional to their size, and the actual energy output is proportional to their weight.

Multiple metals can be layered into a single sphere, allowing for cool hybrid bombs.

I'm inclined to say her weakness is ionizing radiation for sheer balance purposes, but I will run that by my lil' bro. first.

I did not realize there had already been an Epic named Polarity. That said, I don't see a reason to change it. Also, I guess Circaster was previously called Grenadier.

Edited by VanillaDCocoKing
Did some research.

For Circaster's weakness, I'd suggest a minimum radiation level, since background radiation is a thing, and constantly having your weakness (partially) activated would be an issue.

Team N2

Spoiler

Team N2

made up of 11 people.

they all were friend in school. ish. and then some other people joined their team. they don't really like to talk about their past.

they like to not stay in one place. and they don't try to take territory. 

Real/Team name: Mathew

Personality (Mathew): hopeless and lost, yet friendly and confident. Mathew is blind.

BTW he's a maple

they all share the same traits: help mathew, they protect him, ad will typicaly not attack unless commanded to by mathew

Terra:

Personality: Calm and focused. h

Powers: can create a ‘ring’ of thorns in an area of effect around 2m radius
Preferred pronouns; He/him

Weapons: a sword, made out of green material. His armor is pale green, has blue eyes, and brown hair

TerraN2.png.c76e9f5fc57ceec2b03607c52a20947d.png

Atlas

Personality: calm and smart.

Powers: Can always orientate towards north, has good mapping skills
Preferred pronouns; He/Him

Weapons: a dual ended spear. Wears toy-blue armor with random orange patches also has brown hair

AtlasN2.png.ef247a3cf5571745bdc447d8e1b6e2b0.png

Amenhotep

Personality: that guy that is like ‘imma here to help you mortal’

Powers: can create a new world. or so he claims
Preferred pronouns; He, Him

Weapons: his septor. He doesn’t have any armor

5fd9528ee176d_19amenhotepN2.png.ec50626e6fc4dbc7c6e2efbeed8370b6.png

Mah Zu 

Personality: helpful amenhotep

Powers: Light based thick lasers that reach 5 meters

Preferred pronouns; She/her

Weapons: Two katanas. She doesn’t have any others though.

18mazhuN2.png.95cf012e61a44983fc7508017a336937.png

Frostleaf

Personality: old and wise

Powers: Ice colums, similar to Mah Zu’s, but they don’t melt and disappear instead

Weapons: his tree club. He wears some wood armor that is teal. Provides some protection

FrostleafN2.png.6414544fefdb0519d5d075e336b125b2.png

Shantobe 

Personality: when angry, powerful, but friendly

Powers: Wind based wirlwinds, and gusts of wind.
Preferred pronouns; She/Her

Weapons: none. She uses her powers

Shinatobe_N2.png.552fe803296f6af1d0a4e0ef423af54f.png

Abbadon

Personality: a little creepy, likes destruction

Powers: the most destructive of the team. Shadow based beams of attacks. and shadow darts that sting.

Weapons: sickles

5fd9529782dfa_AbbadonN2.png.f6e0dfdbc473002c1cee365fa01e3a89.png

Yachyil

Personality: a little like amenhotep, but tries to maintain none.

Powers: can make the group go invisible
Preferred pronouns; They/them

Weapons: none. Looks:

YachiylN2.png.f3e85ce3472460274e21fe2c71834f68.png

Cid

Personality:  helpful. Acts as a guide to Mathew

Powers: none.
Preferred pronouns; she/her

Weapons: bow. Wears normal clothes

Cid-Summer.png.00806171823088f823be5bf9fa98117c.png*has a firework in this pic

Sir George II

Personality: takes everything seriously

Powers: extreme melee enhancement and increased strength

Preferred pronouns: He/Him

Weapons: sword. Has teal stripes on black armor.

5fd9536a86636_TeamN2.png.d8a83cba984dd3fbbaae1e1a93cc99da.png

Weakness: experiencing people facing their fears negetates his powers. each on has a similiar weakness.

Zyth Epicfied with Ally Abilities

Gained from Epic:

Secondary: color filters

Ally can summon alternative forcefields with different colors that do not change. ally can also summon grey scale varents that work in the same way as the color versions.

these forcefields have a range of a square meter and are 1cm thick. 3 can be up at a time. lasts for 6 seconds. these forcefields will prevent the things of same color they are from getting past them. (a tomato can't go through a red forcefield but a blueberry can.) the forcefields are stationary and cannot be moved. cooldown of 2 sec and range is 2m line of skin and live beings do not need to have the right colors (i.e. a peach forcefield would not block a human)

Difference from OG Epic (What is looks like when he uses it):

Color filters: Zyth can summon a singular forcefield at a time that can be either red, blue, or orange. Lasts for 6 seconds and prevents things of the same colour they are from getting through them. Does not work on living things. Forcefields are stationary and have a cooldown of 2 seconds. They can appear in any shape, maximum 2 meters diameter.

Sundew

Spoiler

Appearance: 5'11 woman with deep brown eyes. her skin tone is dark peach. her hair is black, and typically tied in a bun. as for what she's wearing, I don't really care or know, but she really likes the colour green.

Personality: tactical and always tries to make controllable situations. diplomatic.

Primary: Supplied Growth. can grow plants extra fast. takes 30 seconds for a shrub plant to grow full size. For trees it takes a minute Sundew does need seeds, and she can overgrow them to 7x their original size, 2x for trees, although it takes 7x/2x the time to grow them that big. It is faster when she is closer and when she touches it, it takes 10 seconds to grow full size for shrubs, 20 seconds for trees. Min requirement 5m-0.5m, depending on plant. Using this ability she can evolve plants faster, and has made some ‘hybrid’ plants that she supplies.

Secondary: Leafspeak; Can try to control Plants within 17m and speak with them. Can do this in masses. It is like convincing a plant to do something basically.

Tertiary: Herbs; will heal near instantly when there are live plants around 1.5m, and the injury will damage the plants. Automatic. If the plant is dead, it will no longer function as an absorber. Typically, the area would be inflicted with said injury ‘struck by lightning would make the plants around her look like they got struck by lightning’ whereas ‘cut by a blade would make the plants look cut by a blade.’ This is nearly instant, taking 10 milliseconds to do. immune to all poisons that come from plants, or any harm that comes from plants. This does not mean a tree that falls on them will not kill them, since that is gravity, but they are neutral to all plants, so they will not attempt to harm her. She is immune to all plant made poisons.

Quaternary: Can suppress one condition for a plant to grow (soil, water, sunlight, O2) permanently for the duration it stays alive. Also in addition, her plants can survive in to warm/too cold environments. (all her plants can survive 17Co-27Co). typically, if she needs to supress a requirement, it will be oxygen, so her plants don’t instantly die to an air epic.

Weakness: Deforestation. seeing this IN PERSON makes her powers go away for however long it lasts.

History: as being a gardener that was in huge debt, she became an epic fairly quickly and started turning the land around her to a jungle. Her greenhouse can be found.

The first challenge was Aquatis, who was this water manipulating nightmare. only problem was that he could only control salt water. at this time, her jungle only covered a fraction of the territory she holds now, and she had not figured out how to evolve plants. she mainly didn't have any followers. Aquatis caused many tragities to her territory, but she managed to strangle him with a vine.

The Second was an epic named Poorsight, and as the name suggested, he had the ability to make people blind. Although he could blind the plant Epic, he still died, because it turned out that sundew didn't really need sight to strangle him.

The third and the second most challenging was Harmonic. she could create blasts of music out of the palm of her hand. she actually ended up joining sundews faction, despite ripping up a sixth of the jungle, which was half the current size. Sundew also had more carnivourous plants then, and one accidentally ate the sound Epic.

The next epic to join was named Skystorm, and she had the ability to manipulate fire that was midair. Fire Epics were nearly complete carnage to the jungle, but eventually, the fire Epic joined Sundew, farther protecting the jungle that was nearly full size. 

Fifth, was a group of multiple epics by the name of Team N2, which was just a horrible name altogether and consisted of five minor epics. one of them was killed before they could retreat out of her territory after the their failed assassination attempt.

The last and most recent challenge was Catastrophe, an Epic that had been causing cataclysm to many places, and had some fear related incremental powers. after huge battles and conversations about what matters most in the world, he finally joined the jungle faction, and is in charge while Sundew is gone at the time in this RP.

Her faction hold many epics, the ones above were the most destructive at the time. most notibly an epic who could make plants fire proof.

Her Faction: Sundew owns land to the west, right at the edge of the rockies, and has made that area a complete jungle. Often, she will try to make deals with neighbouring factions, mainly supplying food for territory. She is coming to Edmonton to seek expanded territory.

Fighting style: she fights offensively, often trapping her opponent before strangling/killing them. Often, she does not get into situations like this, but she will fight, as she is an epic.

Corruption: Sundew often doesn’t think of other people’s opinions, especially when it comes to taking territory. when people refuse her request for territory, she may still function the food exchange despite attacking the faction.

Edited by Exotwo
Fixing Sundew Bios

Spoiler

Real name: Nymphodora Remi, who likes to be known by her surname only.

Appearance: 5'8 girl with light brown skin tone and 

Personality: More paranoid than arrogant. Still panics and is NOT one of those people that just care about their appearance. She’d rather be seen as a maple, and so tries to be one. She will always fight for what she thinks is right.

History: Living in Spruce Grove, Remi and her fool of a mother lived very unhappily. While Remi found it more fun to just skip school and go out on an adventure, or do something stupid with her now-dead friends.

Calamity rose. Then epics started destroying her hometown, the epic by the name of catastrophe. He was a fire epic and he also was very destructive on his ‘quest’ to rid the evil out of humanity. Don’t ask. He basically destroyed Remi’s life and forced remi to go and wander around alberta.

Kay so now she goes to Edmonton to find a place where she can live.

Remi

sure. We're a bit unactive (winter left us and Ashbringer stopped posting.)

this RP is dying, as there isn't enough people. I'm am going to leave the RP soon 

Just now, Exotwo said:

sure. We're a bit unactive (winter left us and Ashbringer stopped posting.)

this RP is dying, as there isn't enough people. I'm am going to leave the RP soon 

Ok then. That's sad.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Order said:

Ok then. That's sad.

I'm still here! :P

Me and half the RP's characters.

Hey guys! Sorry for the double post.

I was wondering if this RP is going to keep going, and who is still up to RPing. 

Logged in after 5 years and amazed that this RP lasted so long. Some great writing

I'd like to join, even if it's dying out a bit.

I don't have a finished character yet but will get on it soon

On 2/9/2021 at 11:52 AM, PreciousNoodle said:

I'd like to join, even if it's dying out a bit.

I don't have a finished character yet but will get on it soon

Please do! :D 

I shall get on it as soon as possible :)

Okay I did a stupid
Can I get reinvited to the Discord? TY in advance, and sorry for being such a terrible leader.

On 2/19/2021 at 7:39 PM, breakingamber said:

Okay I did a stupid
Can I get reinvited to the Discord? TY in advance, and sorry for being such a terrible leader.

https://discord.gg/rbf3W7Me

On 2/18/2021 at 3:51 PM, PreciousNoodle said:

I shall get on it as soon as possible :)

Did you? If you did I'll likely join as well.

If we can actually get this back up and running, that would be cool. All my Epics kinda got isolationist...

... I wonder how many of us are just sitting around like "Yeah if five people are actually going to be active, I'll put the effort in". My gut says it's more than five :P

(@kenod, just in case you're part of that group.)

Just now, Ashbringer said:

If we can actually get this back up and running, that would be cool. All my Epics kinda got isolationist...

... I wonder how many of us are just sitting around like "Yeah if five people are actually going to be active, I'll put the effort in". My gut says it's more than five :P

(@kenod, just in case you're part of that group.)

Well, let's see.

@Not an Ookla is already in it.

@me has shown interest.

@PreciousNoodle has shown interest.

@breakingamber might me interested?

And @Ashbringer seems to be interested.

That makes five, which is the ideal number of people for a roleplay.