15 hours ago, Fallapede said:

Apologies in advance if this looks weird, I'm not familiar with the formatting here.

Epic Name: Breakneck

Personality: Harsh and gruff

Primary Ability: Powerful and precisely controlled regeneration. In addition to rapidly healing from wounds, Breakneck can grow and expel bone from her body to serve as crude armor and weapons. This regeneration, however, won't prevent her from dying from something like beheading or impalement.

Secondary Abilities: Enhanced strength and speed, extremely powerful sense of smell

Weakness: Raisins

Backstory: Before Calamity, Eliza was a student and judo practicioner, competing multiple times at the national level. Since then, she's been staying low and trying to keep others safe, up until her transformation a few days ago. Still getting used to her powers, she's headed to Edmonton, determined to take down as many other Epics as she can before the corruption overtakes her.

you can put this in a spoiler box on the character sheet:  https://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/70228-edmonton’s-recipe-for-epic-maple-pug-treats/?page=2

but before you do that, here are some questions you might need to consider.

1: how does raisins affect their abilities? do they need to see them or eat them? do they need to see/eat multiple, and if so how many?

2, as Aeternum said, there is the option of the AHE now. the AHE is run by both I and Aeternum, and currently consists of 4 exremely powerful epics. if you choose this option, then you might need to wait for the first Duality post. of course, you still can rp, and then join the AHE,  you can see the rp locations here:  

3. @Aeternum, there is no problem with too many epics.

14 hours ago, Aeternum said:

Sounds like the AHE could use her.

AHE: Association of High Epics.
Want to destroy stuff? Want to have a higher chance of not getting blown up by some of the most powerful Epics in Edmonton? Join the AHE!
Run by Duality, Monument (Exotwo's), Warlock, and Skytaker (Aeternum's)

I appreciate the offer, but I think Eliza would see them as targets rather than allies, given that the most powerful Epics in Edmonton are exactly who she's after.

Ah so another target for duality to-kill list...

1. depravity - because their weak... they will give the option of recruitment

2. blockade - kill or option of recruitment

3. moonglow - kill yes or kill

4 zyth and ally - recruit or kill because plainherder exists

5 Kaia and gyroto - finish off blockade

6 Paraih - because they don't exist at all...

7 your epic - because they will tries to kills mys epics.

8 Eidolon - because their paranoia causer

kokichi and lapace is up next, due to kkichi 

Shade and down fall ah

Edited by Exotwo

58 minutes ago, Exotwo said:

you can put this in a spoiler box on the character sheet:  https://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/70228-edmonton’s-recipe-for-epic-maple-pug-treats/?page=2

but before you do that, here are some questions you might need to consider.

1: how does raisins affect their abilities? do they need to see them or eat them? do they need to see/eat multiple, and if so how many?

2, as Aeternum said, there is the option of the AHE now. the AHE is run by both I and Aeternum, and currently consists of 4 exremely powerful epics. if you choose this option, then you might need to wait for the first Duality post. of course, you still can rp, and then join the AHE,  you can see the rp locations here:  

3. @Aeternum, there is no problem with too many epics.

She'd have to eat them, but one raisin would be enough to trigger it. I figure she had a bad allergy before her transformation.

6 hours ago, Exotwo said:

Ah so another target for duality to-kill list...

1. depravity

2. blockade

3. moonglow

4 zyth and ally

5 Kaia and gyroto

6 Paraih 

7 your epic

Um since when did Zyth get on that list? Duality doesn't even know he exists yet. (Speaking of which- focus on decoding! Focus on writing!) 

Cataclysm's to-kill list:
1. Some random people
2. Skytaker
3. Duality
4. Everyone else in Edmonton who tries to stand up to him

B)

Edited by Aeternum
MUST. HAVE. EIDOLON! (Exotwo I'm waiiiiiiiting)

I actually have an epic of my own... they are gonna replace eidolon one I donate Eidolon to Aeternum. they are made up of all my past characters.

CY (REVAMPED)

Spoiler

Real/past name: Katherine

Appearance: Black track pants and a red jacket. teal blue eyes and dark brown hair

Personality and skills: smart, thoughtful, agile, persistent, can use the her well, can use knifes, knows basic first aid, knows some adanced hardware (repaired the ___) also knows biology physics and math well. oh and they think their past self is a different person, and have weird thoughts smetimes, steal, and tell lies.

Assecories: 

Knife: pretty self explainitory

Backpack: teal and black. contains food and water and a mobile

Primary: Bending reality

heir power set works in ways so no one will die like, instantly,
for one, they have to think of it like 'there is a door on this wall' or 'I have ten cookies', and it has a chance of breaking, or 'snapping'. it is more likely to 'snap' if it is complex (like a doorknob that is silver and has two windows in line with each other and beyond that door is a wild nighthound). it has a chance of never being created, and will always be if it is like 'there is a lever on this wall that will kill everyone' or '<person name>'s head is on their knees'. after that, every 20 millaseconds, there is a % chance to break, that increases by 1.1x per.
most bends that defy physics will snap after a second, but things like 'can walk up this wall' will stay for longer. the average time until the bends snap is normally 15 seconds, but varies from act to act.

she can basicly create or transform objects, give attributes.

Tertiary: Self-cognition

she will not get affected by any mental illusions, besides her own reality, and will maintain her reality and gravity besides her own powers. cannot be affected by mind control, or emotion manipulation. her mind cannot be read.

Passive: Completating life

you cannot find your self to kill Cy. if you try to, you stop and consider what might happen if you did, and then you would decide to not kill CY. this could be a grenade about to be thrown into a room, or even using telekenisis or other epic abilities. Cy does not know this is in effect all the time, nor does she know that this even exists. this doesn't prevent her from being hurt though,

Backstory: Cyro was a girl in grade three when calamity rose. Epoch took control of part edmonton, school was canceled and Cy had to learn how to fend for herself. after 9 years of patheticly staying alive, she became an epic and found out she could create food so no problem there,

Weakness:

Spoiler

Getting caught stealing things, because they you know, err like to steal. if they get caught stealing or telling lies, their powers are gone for however long the thought stays in their mind

the purpose of this character is to be my main CHARACTER AND REPLACE eidolon and @Aeternumeternum you can have eidolon after the next eidolon post and when my character getts approved. @kenod, make a moonglow post so eidolon can be fully adopted

1 minute ago, Exotwo said:

@Aeternumyou can have eidolon after the next eidolon post and when my character getts approved.

Yayyyyyyyyyy.
+1 Approval from Aeternum who has already seen their powers.

Note: This is mental Epic abilities, meaning that if they say
"Silver doorknob" but are thinking white chair then a white chair would appear, not the silver doorknob. Although, if you say something out loud you'll likely also think it too so it's better to keep what they say similar to their thought so it works as they intended.

So I read your first Eliza post and it is a great post! Just has one question:

2 hours ago, Fallapede said:

She could feel Breakneck stir, eager for a fight, and Eliza struggled to push it back down before it surfaced.

What exactly did that mean?
Is that like Bloodlight/Nate thingy in What Happened in Edmonton the original?

Edited by Not an Ookla
Sorry for double post but it made more sense in this case idk

Just now, Not an Ookla said:

So I read your first Eliza post and it is a great post! Just has one question:

What exactly did that mean?
Is that like Bloodlight/Nate thingy in What Happened in Edmonton the original?

I have no idea what you're talking about, to be honest. It was just the best way I could think of to visualize her fighting the corruption. I hope it came across fairly clearly.

18 minutes ago, Exotwo said:

um... @Fallapede, if your character is approching the city from the south (

)

can zyth and ally join them? (one is epic, one is normal human or maple)

Sure, that works for me. I'm interested to see where this goes.

26 minutes ago, Fallapede said:

Sorry about the double post, but is everything between the three of them going down in Twin Brooks Park, or where is it?

(Edit: by three of them I mean Zyth, Ally and Hunter)

Exotwo and I are writing a post for Zyth and Ally, at the end they can see Eliza.

Savante

Spoiler

Epic Name: Savante
Primary: Shadow animation AND manipulation.

- Can animate shadows by controlling them directly or giving physical/mental commands
- Can manipulate shadows (so that the shadow puppets can move)
- Can switch with a nearby shadow puppet that looks similar to them, is within sight, corporeal, and 12 meters of them. Must also be looking at the shadow puppet. Savante can only do this twice per hour. Doesn't stack.
- Can "freeze" shadows to a corporeal state. Shadows stay frozen for an hour or until Savante leaves the radius of 1 kilometer. After that, the shadows slowly unfreeze over a few minutes. Savante can't command frozen shadows or unfreeze them. Must touch to freeze.
- Technically they can make the shadows as corporeally sharp as they want but it's a conscious thing so you have to continuously think about keeping the shadow in it's form otherwise it'll just "spread".
- Damage-wise, it's like ice, easily broken and direct light just scatters them.
- Corporeal shadows are cold to touch
- Can make shadows corporeal. Does not require touch and will stay corporeal unless commanded or Savante leaves the radius of 1 kilometer. Has to be able to "see" the shadows to make them corporeal. Must focus to keep shadow in it's shape and corporeal. This means they only have 1 shadow animated at a time usually cause more than 2 disorients them and their weakness kicks in.
- Cannot make shadows bigger in size/volume 
- Shadow puppets (animated shadows) can obey orders but are mindless. Light will scatter the shadows.
- Can become shadow. Basically incorporeality. But they can't fly so they would fall through corporeal objects but will not fall through incorporeal objects, including shadows (but not light).

Secondary:

Storytelling illusions. This is technically part of their primary.
- If they say "The guards entered the building but saw nothing wrong" then a full illusion of that will happen, also according to what they're thinking.
- Illusions are incorporeal.
- Savante isn't good with illusions and often will mess up part of it.
- A large (i.e Sunlight) area of light will not break the illusions but a huge blast of light or a direct small beam will.

Tertiary: Being smart.
Savante thinks fast and is just smart in general. Has impeccable memory. They notice details others wouldn't.
Also thinks at fast enough paces that they can assume what is the highest possible future. Doesn't work well in conversations unless they really know the person.
On the future prediction, it's more of a logical "oh well they're looking at me funny and hand is moving to gun, they might shoot me" compared to "ah yes I see it that they will shoot me".
Doesn't work in conversations unless they were very close to the person. But in most context, this power is useless. Helps a bit more in a fight, but I can really only think it's useful when used with a mindless object It's also the highest possible future, not the exact future. If they get it wrong then their weakness kicks in.

Weakness: Becoming disorientated makes Savante think slower and remembers like a normal human (not in full detail and forgets some) events that happen during the time the weakness was active. Savante can't use other abilities. Light is also a natural counter to shadow puppets if you shine the light directly at them.
Disorientation includes:
- Dizzyness
- Getting something about the future wrong
- Being surprised (sometimes)

Backstory: Savante likes to travel, which is the reason they have come to Edmonton.

When they were young, their parents abandoned them outside an adoption center. Since then, Miran Silya was rescued, adopted, and bullied throughout life until Calamity rose. Calamity solved all of their problems, giving them gifts to control the shadows they had always hid in.
After a while, Miran Silya took on the name that their classmates had teased them with, and began to travel. They've arrived at Edmonton to see a big city and learn more about being an Epic.

Edited by Not an Ookla
Finished

Pyro

Spoiler

Name: Darryl Sylatis
Personality: much like cy, but less arrogent. so smart, annoying at times, reckless a bit, and smart. agile and impulsive. a little funny at times.
Primary: Magnetitic light points:
Can make a point where light is attracted to. this point can be moved at a speed of 1 meter per second, and generally attracts most light, but not all. there is a maximum, which is really the fact that they can't make the world all dark or anything really large. multiple points of these concertation can be placed, but the more that are placed, these magnets are invisable at condense light to about 0.01mm

• A: the less light is provided per each one
  • B: They become slower by x0.9
  • C: they get harder to control. with one, Pyro can  control it and create plans for it to execute. with 3, Pyro can only set it to go do something without any requirements. with 5, Pyro can only guide them. at 9, pyro can no longer mass control them and he has to control them individually, and can only move one at a time. at 15, they are just flying orbs that follow him. 
  • maximum: 23

note that the more light there is, the more powerful they are. these points can be connected, effectively forming a laser wall. typically, Pyro has 3-4 out at a time. they will automatically follow Pyro if they get out of range. 

range: they can be blindly controlled within 35 meters of pyro, and after that, they require sight to guide. max range is 65m, at which, the magnetic points cannot be guided out of. these points are definitely really hot and can set things on fire, and cut through most materials with some resistance. note that the points can be moved at anytime, unless they have more than 15 out at a time even if they are connected. touching them would be like a superficial burn. he can darken rooms with this ability, but not take away all light. 

magnets will not auto-follow, but if they get out of range, they will move back to pyro and no light will be attracted during this time

note that the heat is provided by the light.

Summon time: instant +5 seconds per magnet.

Secondary: Return of the light:

they can turn into a light magnet for a limited amount of time, which depends on how much light is available, until a max of seconds. this is not incorporeal, but more mere travel. this ability allows for people to be tricked into thinking Pyro has teleportation. magnet thingy moves at 25kmph. also all light magnets will be dismissed, but gifted power will not. this light is not capable of killing or harming or setting anything on fire. in fact, it really is turning into a flying thing that you can control.

cooldown: 65 seconds

Passive: Resistance:

cannot be harmed by heat or light radiation. this includes fire.

Gifter: can gift anyone a magnet that the person can control, and is not affected by the capping mechanism of the magnets. max amount of people they can gift is 9.

Weakness:

oh yeah, he can't see blue colors. he has tritanopia, or that he can't see blue colors. anyone who knows this can't recive gifted power, and commenting on it will negate his powers for 5 minutes.

Corruption: really no viable corruption, besides the fact that they might make a bad descision once in a while much like Cy

Backstory: 
Cy's younger brother, has been a epic for 9 years now. before that, had a pretty normal life without any epic interactions

Edited by Exotwo

Stopwatch

Spoiler

Name: Clara Su

Physical Description: Short woman with black hair and green eyes. Dressed in an assortment of brown and gray clothing, and a pair of rectangular wire-rimmed glasses with the lenses removed.

Personality: Highly intelligent, cripplingly shy and neurotic

Primary Power: Time Dilation - Stopwatch can manipulate her perception of time, causing her to experience time as moving more slowly or quickly, up to a factor of 10 times in either direction. She maintains relative speed while her perception is shifted, such that she moves 10 times faster at .1x speed, and vice versa for 10x speed.

Secondary Powers: Highly enhanced reflexes and senses
Tertiary Power: Agelessness - Stopwatch stopped aging entirely upon becoming an Epic.

Weakness:

Spoiler

Although not an Epic weakness, Stopwatch is extremely agoraphobic, and finds it hard to deal with even small crowds of people. Her Epic weakness is asphyxiation. Her powers (excepting agelessness) cease functioning when she can't breathe, and she always carries an inhaler with her for this reason.

Backstory: A social outcast from her first days of kindergarten, Clara's status as an easy target for bullies only got worse when Calamity struck, and she was left alone to fend for herself for seven years, until her transformation. Now, working under Blockade, she serves as eyes, ears, and occasionally a knife, in exchange for protection and something resembling a trustworthy community.

Edited by Fallapede
Added backstory

Hello!

Your local bad writer has returned!

I would like more info on the disaster that occurred, because I now have time to continue my characters' story. Well, that of Bloodlight (Nathaniel) and Stalemate, (Amanda) anyway.

As I understood it, Epoch greatly expanded some time fields, presumably slowing the stadium and the area around it, and there was an explosion. If that's how it went, I can just kill Skeet with that explosion, but obviously Bloodlight and Stalemate don't have such weaknesses, meaning I can have them leave the bubble and rejoin the story, using said bubble to explain their absence. Is that about right?

Also, before anyone asks, yes, I am ACTUALLY going to remain involved this time. I'm picking a couple of weekdays right now on which to use this as my primary writing warm-up.