9 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Deliberately holding back.  And his powers let him infuse any thing he touched with any amount of kinetic energy in any direction.  However, he was affected by the Manton limit, soo...

Hm. That's not what I recall it being. I believe that it was 'causing an object to accelerate to a specific unchanging speed within a very short period of time via touch.' 

9 hours ago, breakingamber said:

Hm. That's not what I recall it being. I believe that it was 'causing an object to accelerate to a specific unchanging speed within a very short period of time via touch.' 

That is almost exactly what Impact's ability is as well. But the speed is somewhat variable for her.

I JUST FINISHED THE BEHEMOTH FIGHT ARC. 

I JUST... WHAT? 

Words of Radiance's climax didn't get me this! Shaken. 

EDIT: Oh, hey Twily! I know you don't like Worm, and I'm not sure if you finished it, so I'm sorry that it's all I'm going to be on about for a while. How're you?

Edited by winter devotion

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

Oh, Great Noodly One, don't tease me like that. 

Glen?!

PR FOR DA WIIIN!!!

And don't worry about the endgame.  That takes quite a while to get going.  And there's a timeskip.  But on the plus side, you'll get to find out what 

Spoiler

Grey Boy

does, and why he's so terrifying that Contessa had to step in to engineer the Fairie Queen killing him!

44 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

PR FOR DA WIIIN!!!

And don't worry about the endgame.  That takes quite a while to get going.  And there's a timeskip.  But on the plus side, you'll get to find out what 

Reveal hidden contents

Grey Boy

does, and why he's so terrifying that Contessa had to step in to engineer the Fairie Queen killing him!

Ey, chill on the deets. Don't think I figured the Contessa and Fairy Queen thing out. 

I see why he would do what he does, whatever it is. Who leaked that footage?!

EDIT: Oh, that's what he did. Never mind about the motivation, then. 
EDIT 2:

Spoiler

Is ANYONE going to rescue Cherish? I'm just sitting here like: Please. Someone. Save her from the consequences of her own idiot actions. Don't actually answer that question or say anything on it. 

There's something about the Slaughterhouse Nine that's just so good. I love all of them. 

2 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Hide contents

Is ANYONE going to rescue Cherish? I'm just sitting here like: Please. Someone. Save her from the consequences of her own idiot actions. Don't actually answer that question or say anything on it. 

There's something about the Slaughterhouse Nine that's just so good. I love all of them. 

No.

haha just kidding I read it like over a year ago I don't even remember who cherish is

2 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Cherish is the emotion manipulating murderer who’s girlfriend material.

I believe Cherish never appears again, unless you read Copacetic. Wait, she might get a cameo during <SPOILER>, but that's pretty much i - wait, yeah, she reappears, in a sense. She is mentioned and appears as a character later, but she is not rescued from the lake. 

35 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

I believe Cherish never appears again, unless you read Copacetic. Wait, she might get a cameo during <SPOILER>, but that's pretty much i - wait, yeah, she reappears, in a sense. She is mentioned and appears as a character later, but she is not rescued from the lake. 

Copacetic? 

Spoiler

Yeah, I figure she gets ten clones like everyone else, but those probably aren't going to be her. 

1 hour ago, The Young Pyromancer said:
  Hide contents

I mean, she does come up ONCE, but I think that's pre-Behemoth.

Yeah, she does.

Spoiler

They used her despair order to deal with the 14th user of that power that transfers. Don't remember the name, but it was the fourteenth user.
Also, Cherish's clones were mentioned as discussing their hair. I'm in love. Inexplicably. Seriously, she's delightful!! 

I'm on the first chapter of Sting, the... third to last arc? 

Spoiler

Yep, the Butcher.

Cool!  But one thing that's really important to remember:

THE EPILOGUE IS PART OF THE STORY!  EVERYONE ALWAYS SAYS THAT THIS OR THAT BOOK DIDN'T TIE UP ALL THE LOOSE ENDS, AND I'M LIKE 'REALLY, DID YOU FINISH IT' AND THEY'RE LIKE 'YEAH, WELL, I DIDN'T READ THE EPILOGUE, I STOPPED READING IT TO COME AND COMPLAIN ONLINE', AND I'M LIKE 'WELL THEN YOU DIDN'T FINISH READING THE BOOOKKKK!!!!!!'

gahhhhh

21 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yep, the Butcher.

Cool!  But one thing that's really important to remember:

THE EPILOGUE IS PART OF THE STORY!  EVERYONE ALWAYS SAYS THAT THIS OR THAT BOOK DIDN'T TIE UP ALL THE LOOSE ENDS, AND I'M LIKE 'REALLY, DID YOU FINISH IT' AND THEY'RE LIKE 'YEAH, WELL, I DIDN'T READ THE EPILOGUE, I STOPPED READING IT TO COME AND COMPLAIN ONLINE', AND I'M LIKE 'WELL THEN YOU DIDN'T FINISH READING THE BOOOKKKK!!!!!!'

gahhhhh

Of course. I read content. 

Edit: So that’s what Grey Boy does. I assumed it was “grey goo” related, just like I assumed Noelle was a powerful telekinetic. I think the Grey Boy assumption had more basis? 

3 hours ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

Eh, the clothes moment isn't what you think.

His name's actually

Hide contents

a reference to how he's entirely in grey tones.

Yeah, no, I get it. Not sure why I got the idea Noelle was a telekinetic, though.

I also thought Dina was older the first time I read some of it. Dunno why. 

Edit: And the other shoe drops. It drops hard.

Spoiler

Yeah.  Grey Boy’s power is what’s known as an ‘all or nothing’ power.  If you get hit by it, unless you beat *everything*, you lose.  Clockblocker, flechette, The Siberian, and maybe one or two others are the only ones in this category AFAIK, so it’s pretty rare, but these abilities are some of the most powerful out there, and are the kind of ability Cauldron is looking for.