FictionSpren

Interplanetary postal service

97 posts in this topic

I have managed to reach Sel. That's all I am able to say now.

The One Without Honor

Old friend @Honorless ,

I hope this missive finds you well. Though, as you are now loyal to Wyrn again and possess the indestructible bones of dakhor , I would guess that wellness on your part is something of a given. I realize that you are probably still angry. That is pleasant to know. Much as your strong bones, I have come to rely upon your dissatisfaction with me. It is one of Scyla's great constants, I should think.

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely. Might I be quite frank? Before, you asked why I was so concerned. It is for the following reason: @The traveller   was once a kind and generous woman, and you saw what has become of her. Reduced to a Svarkiss.

One need only look at the aftermath of her brief visit to Roshar and Scadrial to see proof of what I say. In case you have turned a blind eye to that disaster, know that  @FictionSpren and @greeny-231are both dead.

You have accused me of arrogance in my quest. You have accused me of perpetuating my superiority and holier than thou complex over Trav. Both accusations are true. Neither point makes the things I have written to you untrue. 

There is still hope for her . I believe if we were to join forces as servents of Wryn ,we could bring her back into Jaddeth's holy light 

If anything I have said makes a glimmer of sense to you, maybe you could astound me and do something productive for once.

For I have never been dedicated to a more important purpose, and the very pillars of the sky will shake with the results of our exorcism. I ask again. Support me. Do not stand aside and let blasphemy consume more lives. I've never begged you for something before, old friend.

I do so now.

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

@The traveller, @FictionSpren

I heard a rumour that something bad happened to you both on Threnody, some say you withered and turned into Shades. Please write back as soon as you can.

The One Without Honour

Edited by Honorless

@Honorless @FictionSpren @The traveller @PrinceGenocide

I send the most humblest of greetings indeed, to each and every one of you. I think I may have created a marvelous invention in interplanetary postal dealings that will change the course of history! I call it: a mail advertisement. Truly a legendary accomplishment. One day, in the distant future, I see people receiving dozens of these in a day! I think the all caps gives it a nice touch. Check it out:

YOU WON’T WANT TO MISS THIS SALE!! 20% OFF ALL ROSHARAN ITEMS + FREE DELIVERY!! SAVE MONEY ON STORMLIGHT, SHARDBLADES, SOULCASTERS, AND OF COURSE, ALL THE WINES!! ONLY AT CMBIA!!! LIMITED TIME ONLY!!

Now as for the war that is brewing. I have taken residence on a secret minor Shardworld and have decided against my decision of nonintervention. I would love if someone would tell what exactly the problem is. I have been quite busy lately with work and all and haven’t had the chance to review. Thanks!

Knight of Iron
CEO of the Cosmere Mercantile Business Industries Association

12 hours ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Old friend @Honorless ,

I hope this missive finds you well. Though, as you are now loyal to Wyrn again and possess the indestructible bones of dakhor , I would guess that wellness on your part is something of a given. I realize that you are probably still angry. That is pleasant to know. Much as your strong bones, I have come to rely upon your dissatisfaction with me. It is one of Scyla's great constants, I should think.

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely. Might I be quite frank? Before, you asked why I was so concerned. It is for the following reason: @The traveller   was once a kind and generous woman, and you saw what has become of her. Reduced to a Svarkiss.

One need only look at the aftermath of her brief visit to Roshar and Scadrial to see proof of what I say. In case you have turned a blind eye to that disaster, know that  @FictionSpren and @greeny-231are both dead.

You have accused me of arrogance in my quest. You have accused me of perpetuating my superiority and holier than thou complex over Trav. Both accusations are true. Neither point makes the things I have written to you untrue. 

There is still hope for her . I believe if we were to join forces as servents of Wryn ,we could bring her back into Jaddeth's holy light 

If anything I have said makes a glimmer of sense to you, maybe you could astound me and do something productive for once.

For I have never been dedicated to a more important purpose, and the very pillars of the sky will shake with the results of our exorcism. I ask again. Support me. Do not stand aside and let blasphemy consume more lives. I've never begged you for something before, old friend.

I do so now.

I'm dead?????!!!!!

21 minutes ago, greeny-231 said:

I'm dead?????!!!!!

Yes , most unfortunately you are dead. I believe you might be a Svarkiss now as well. 

I will have to exorcise you with help from @Honorless

This post is not for the eyes of those loyal to Jaddeth empire. Open at your own risk, you shall be smitten, i have warned you!

Spoiler

@greeny-231 No, greeny, my dear friend, do not be worried as you very well know you are well and alive! It is ruse created by our common friend @FictionSpren to ensure your both continued safety. Lie low my friends, my accident is also only a temporary encumbrance, i shall soon overcome it, i assure you. Then, i will come to rescue you both from the evil clutches of the PrinceGenocide. Alas, with heavy heart I have to inform you that our dear trusted friend, Honorless has also fallen into the superstitious nonsense of Genocide and he has also joined the Evil jaddeth empire. Do not worry, i am making all efforts to free him of this momentary lapse of sanity and bring him back out to us. I shall contact you very soon with good news.

14 hours ago, Honorless said:

@The traveller, @FictionSpren

I heard a rumour that something bad happened to you both on Threnody, some say you withered and turned into Shades. Please write back as soon as you can.

The One Without Honour

You are the one to ask this of me @Honorless?!! Need i tell in front of the whole world that it was your treachery that caused me dearly. Your betrayal of me, in the forests of threnody led to my death! Why, oh why, i ask you did you fell prey to the evil wyrn!? Have i not told you of the horrors they cast upon their own priests in those horrid monasteries!? 

Although i must say that although i was killed, it happened in a place that has allowed me to linger, even past my death. And i have heard rumours.. I think i shall surprise you all yet.

@Knight of Iron love the idea of advertisements wide cosmere but dude! Can you stop supplying silver to these people of Threnody!!? it hurts a lot!!

Hey guys, what do you say we have this moved to the RP forum? 

8 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Hey guys, what do you say we have this moved to the RP forum? 

yup i guess it will work better there.. How do we move this? Our OP @FictionSpren will have to do it or we call a moderator?

Call a mod, I'll see who's online

Edit: @Voidus can you move this thread to the RP forum, please? 

Edited by Honorless

Dear friends @FictionSpren @greeny-231 @Knight of Iron

I have managed to free myself from Threnody. I must say it was a terrible ordeal, Freeing oneself from Odium’s clutches is not easy. As a price, I was made to participate in the torture of heralds! Ghastly place this damnation! Thank Adonalsium it was not a long stint. But I have good news, I have helped freeing @Honorless from the clutches of wyrn and his lunacy, and arranged for him to get the same post as me in the kings own personal carvers. 
Unfortunately, my predicament has not much improved. I have yet to free myself fully from this odious investiture! With great difficulty i have reached Sel and am currently haunting our dear friend who stands alone @PrinceGenocide

He will not know what hit him!

Edited by The traveller

I didn't have to stay in that wretched monastery for more than a day, thank the gods! I'm doing art therapy as a Forger right now. It appears that The traveller's theory about Svrakiss being Cognitive Shadows was true. I'll join her in this quest at least but not till I have straightened my bones out!

The One Without Honour

Edited by Honorless

6 hours ago, Honorless said:

Sure.

Just now, Voidus said:

Sure.

Thank you! 

10 hours ago, Honorless said:

In the future, simply report the thread and say you'd want it moved. Reports go out to all mods, pinging individual ones is... mildly irritating.

Just now, Argent said:

In the future, simply report the thread and say you'd want it moved. Reports go out to all mods, pinging individual ones is... mildly irritating.

Noted.

11 hours ago, Honorless said:

I didn't have to stay in that wretched monastery for more than a day, thank the gods! I'm doing art therapy as a Forger right now. It appears that The traveller's theory about Svrakiss being Cognitive Shadows was true. I'll join her in this quest at least but not till I have straightened my bones out!

The One Without Honour

@Honorless I am glad that you are finding the work fulfilling. I am also currently on the same world as yours. I am having a blast haunting genocide by fooling all his schemes for Genocide! 
@ fictionspren I will soon come to collect you and @greeny-231 from Scadrial. I have learnt of someone at Scadrial who was in the same predicament as mine and he managed to find their way back into Physical realm. I shall need you to do some research on this and give me what information you can. I have heard him called Survivor. 
@Knight of Iron I will need somethings delivered to me, I will pay you in kings worth of gold for them! I shall need 1 litre blood, iron, beads of atium, nicrosil, 1gm ettmetal, pewter dust, old bones of a svrakiss, dragon hair and I want them by tomorrow evening. Can you arrange?

@PrinceGenocide Did you sleep well last night? Hahaha.. were your prayers interrupted recently?

THIS PAGE IS AWESOME!  I am writing as a total idiot who has no idea what he is doing.

Deseret manager,  I am exited to have started my first day on the job.  The people of Roshar are truly wonderful although I am still wondering why I was thrown in prison for kissing a lady's left hand as is proper for a gentlemen of my station.  I am still more shocked by the odd looks I get for carrying around a notebook to record the great beauty of this place for the denizens of my fair homeland.  An elderly lady who through some horrible malady had lost the hair apron her head took the time to grant me some advice in a passionate tone although I truly have no idea what she was saying except that it likely pertained to my profession as a writer of letters.  I do hope the office will grant me connection soon so I might listen eagerly to this poor individual's remarks. 

Signed.  Your most devoted employee.

@Ookla the Prolific

Welcome! Happy to have you with us! This thread is about role-playing as ourselves as though we were worldhoppers. Our reputation rankings marking our current profession/situation/location/Investiture. You can also style the letters in the same way as Hoid's correspondences. Have fun! 

Karger,

I am, I have to admit, delighted to hear of your plights on Roshar! How did you even get there? You should have stayed at Scadrial for the time being.

Rosharans are a strange bunch with strange customs. Especially the Vorin Kingdoms. You can't read or write as a man. Women cover their "safehands", i.e. their left hands. They must have been scandalized by your behaviour! Judging by the fact that no one threw you in prison, I'm assuming you are in Thaylenah or Kharbranth rather than Alethkar. Write back soon.

The One Without Honour

Edited by Honorless

@Ookla the Prolific Dearest friend, 

As of my current predicament of being a svrakiss, I found myself looking for ways to go back to the PR. My attempts to find information has led me to Scadrial, I believe it is your home planet. I have heard rumours about someone called a survivor. I have tried to find him but so far I can not locate him on this land. But my enquiries attracted the attention of this being Harmony. I must say he is quite unlike any other of his kind. 

From him I learnt that you are on Roshar, I would suggest that although the place had been peaceful for a long time, the ancient conflicts have brewed again, I would advice extreme caution and getting off world whenever such opportunity arises. I hear that there is some disturbance at the perpendicularity. Hence the reason for delay in providing you the connection medallion. 
In the meantime, I have made arrangements through my various local connections and today you shall be receiving a device that shall help you communicate with Rosharans. I suggest that you head to urithiru afterwards.

PS: try the Chouta while you are there, I am most looking forward to what you think about it.

Edited by The traveller

@The traveller @PrinceGenocide @FictionSpren, @Honorless

I have learned about these letters from mutual friends.  While I have recently been persuing the meaning of life.  I also regret to inform you of Leonardo's passing.  He was a great friend, bard, and worldhopper, for those of you that may not know him, you have missed out.  Things are getting very messy in the Cosmere.  It is time for the world hoppers to rise again, make our presence known, and unite the Cosmere.

Yours sincerely,

Aragorn, worldhopper, architect, and king.

Edited by Ookla the very snazzy

Dear friend, Aragorn @Ookla the very snazzy

I hope this missive finds you well. Though, I am now essentially a cognitive shadow, wellness on my part is virtually impossible. I realise that you are probably very angry at the ways things are going on in Cosmere. That is pleasant to know. Much as your perpetual health, I have come to rely upon your dissatisfaction with the state of affairs Cosmere wide. It is one of cosmere’s great constants, I should think. 
I agree with your quest as much as it is possible to agree with someone. Might I be quite frank, before you asked for worldhoppers to unite, I was hoping to gain your support in uniting our scattered brethren across Cosmere and take actions in our own hands to wake them and make them see the error in their policy of non intervention. You have been accused of arrogance and perpetuating your grudge against jaddeth empire but neither makes the things you have written  untrue. 
For I have never been dedicated to a more important purpose, and the very pillars of sky shall shake with our war here. I tell you again, I wholeheartedly support you. Let us not stand aside and let disaster consume our lives. I have never said it openly but I do so now. 
Let us besiege all of our friends @Honorless @FictionSpren @greeny-231 @Knight of Iron @PrinceGenocide @Ookla the Prolific and unite against our common threat. 

the traveller 

@The traveller

Your order of: 1 liter blood, iron, beads of atium, nicrosil, 1gm ettmetal, pewter dust, old bones of a svrakiss, and dragon hair has been shipped! Your tracking number is: 0000001.

I am on Scadrial, now, as I suspect you are. I have been very busy lately on business trips, but I had enough time to peruse your letters and do so conclude that you are going to need my help. Very well. Though I had previously figured nonintervention to be quite a good policy, I no longer see it that way. This "Shaky Sky Pillars War," as it has been put, would be very bad for business and ultimately the good of the cosmere. It is with great sadness that I admit that I, too, have morals.

If we are to join together against a common threat, we should have a name. We're practically a worldhoppin' group. I address to everyone, now! We would be better united under some name, like the Seventeenth Shard is, or the Ghostbloods, or really any of them. Ideas?

Sincerely,
Knight of Iron