Interplanetary postal service

FictionSpren

So I thought, There's letters right? Between worldhoppers or general cosmere aware people so, why not have a postal service? I basically made this topic to see some of your (17Sharders) thoughts on what you would be like in the cosmere and what some of you would send to each other or, characters in the cosmere.

In short, Have some fun! send some replies in letter forms and why not give some responses? make our own little RPG fourm in the cosmere thingo. (Sorry lost what i was sayin' there)

For example

Dear @The traveller,

Hope you are enjoying the rose empire! sorry for leaving you without warning you of my departure! I had something from...        my past... come up.

However I should be able to rejoin you in a few weeks, best of luck with your new life in the Rose empire, I would take care for those jaddeth priests, all i can say is they corrupt all continents of Sel.

Last of all, Please look out for @greeny-231, he is a spearman and can take care of himself but...  I would prefer if he had supervision by you or @Honorless.

Cheers, 

-FS

(Find our discussion about that @ https://www.17thshard.com/forum/profile/26923-the-traveller/?status=12286&type=status)

Dear Knight Fictionspren,

I found your letter the morning after i had carved a beautiful vase based on the styles of the 11th century artists. Though it is true that one must not brag but it indeed is a most beautiful style of art and I am most delighted to inform you that Emperor Ashravagn, may his reign be long and prosperous, was very pleased. He, indeed, is a most inspiring Leader and i must say i am but a little surprised. I had not heard the most kindest of things about him back ... But I digress.

Thus, I must say that I found your letter with a heavy heart. Your company shall be missed. I hope that your journey may be peaceful and your homeland is in peace, although I am worried, that, you chose to head back. One hears all sorts of troubled news from that far corner of cosmere. I hope my missive finds you well. 

PS: Do not worry about @greeny-231, he has taken up very nicely with the Emperor's Guards. He is indeed a very promising fellow. @Honorless unfortunately also had to leave for a place called Scadrial, I hear it was quite an opportunity, position of great prestige and power..Some Lord pralaan.. Pralain...business..

PSS: I really wish that we were able to bring Gyorn @PrinceGenocide to Rose Empire, that young man needs positive influences in his life which i dont think his present circumstances can provide.  

Edited by The traveller

Dearest @The traveller ,

I received your communication, of course. I noticed its arrival immediately, just as I noticed your many extrusions from my blessed land into those given to savagery and godlessness. You think yourself so clever, but my eyes are not those of some petty Elantrian , to be clouded by a false nose , a soulstamp and some chopsticks in your hands.

You mustn't worry yourself about me .

It is a pity about you , but you were foolish--violating our oath to Wryn from the very beginning. Your skills as a copycat are admirable, but you are merely a woman . You had your chance to be more , in service to holy Jaddeth , and refused it. No good can come of a Dakhor monk settling in barbaric lands. It was agreed that we would not be disloyal to the Wyrn and it disappoints me that so few of his servants have kept to this oath and obligation.

As for @Honorless it was obvious from the outset and from his name itself that he was going to be a problem. Good riddance.

Regardless, this is not your concern. You turned your back on divinity. If @FictionSpren  becomes an issue to the Wryn ,he will be dealt with.

And so will you.

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

Dearest @FictionSpren

cc: @Honorless

Might I be quite frank? I fear greatly that we have lost our dear friend @PrinceGenocide to the indoctrination of the wyrn and the jaddeth empire.. I was always a kind and generous person and see what the empire had almost made me. PrinceGenocide on the other hand has always been Vulnerable and youthful and therefore impressionable. Ponder on that for a while, you old knight of stone and you old pralain, I besiege you to leave the policy of sticking your noses into bureaucracy and join me here in my efforts to rescue him from the clutches of the evil empire..

I'll address this letter to " @The traveller" as I have no idea what name you're using currently.

I really don't care for any evil empire and any indoctrination of @PrinceGenocide. I choose not to intervene in the course of these events, because as every knows, "Nonintervention is the best policy."

I am, however, interested in offering the items of my Cosmere mercantile business to you or anyone else wishing to buy from me. I take my currency in the cosmere standard, of course.

With the celebrations on Nalthis recently, I have decided to implement a sale. 10% off all Nalthis items (including Breaths).

I do hope you consider my offer, or at least forward this letter to someone who will.

Sincerely,

Knight of Iron
CEO of the Cosmere Mercantile Business Industries Association

Traveller,

Your moniker becomes you. With my access to Fortune (long story), I can tell that this letter will take a long time to reach you, as you flit from world to world. As for the matter of our mutual friend, I'm afraid we had simply overlooked his... genocidal tendencies due to the high stakes situations we were in.

As for those of you who find this letter in their hands but who this letter is not addressed to, know that I live and I prosper.

From the moment I awoke by Roshar's subastral, I have been a survivor. I have been a skaa and a darkeyes, a spearman and a Bridgeman. Yes, I survived the plantations and the Shattered Plains. I have been a noble and an ardent, a grand and an Idrian monk, I have lead thieving crews and played an Obligator, I have lived among the Shades as a Forescout and hunted Mistborn as a Hazekiller and beheld the awesome majesty of Roshar as a Thaylen merchant. Playing politics under a dozen (spiked) eyes may be a bit stressful, but I'll come out of it stronger. And with knowledge of another forbidden art.

I hope Sel is treating you well, I have made some arrangements and might yet meet you in the Rose Empire.

The One Without Honor

Edited by Honorless

Dear Knight of Iron, 

I have come to learn of some of your salesmen you have left on this world, who are looking for me. I am afraid that I have sent them on quite merry chase following a false trail I have set for them. I hope that you call them off. However, I am not sure they will really know what merchandise to sell me once they actually find me.. My days for acquiring dark and arcane objects are over as I have settled myself elsewhere. I might, however, look favourably on some of famous Nalthian paintings.. 

PS: you may direct your salesmen towards PrinceGenocide at Jaddeth empire who might alas be into buying such items as they carry.

Dear Traveller,

I would be perfectly happy to call off my salesman, of course, though I ask you not to doubt their power. They have trained many, many years in the arts of salesmanship and, in recent times, they have never failed to provide me a customer. However, I shall call them off at your word. Keep in mind I would have appreciated being told they were following a false trail beforehand, as time wasted is money lost.

Regardless, I am please to announce I indeed have a wide variety of Nalthian paintings available for sale, paintings of almost anything Nalthian imaginable--and at a more than reasonable price. Some of the paintings include the prophetic thoughts of some of the Returned, for a small extra fee.

Sincerely,
Knight of Iron

My lord @PrinceGenocide,

I must formally apologise for what is to come. some of my...  Colleagues are debating on weather or not to inva-  settling in some of your temples,

This is an advanced warning for I do not agree with their choices. Settling in a temple is a bad choice, Unlike me they have not encountered the strength of your monks. I suggest a more subtle approach. However i request you and yours do not try to convene Roshar to Jaddeth. Not all will come easily.

Yours, 

FS

9 hours ago, Knight of Iron said:

Regardless, I am please to announce I indeed have a wide variety of Nalthian paintings available for sale, paintings of almost anything Nalthian imaginable--and at a more than reasonable price. Some of the paintings include the prophetic thoughts of some of the Returned, for a small extra fee.

Dearest knight of Ferrous element

whyever did you not mention the Nalthian paintings before! I must say not just my humble personage whose curiosity has been piqued but the great emperor, may he be forever wise, is most excited about the Nalthian arts especially the ones made using something called iridescent tones!? Could you by chance send your salesmen to the royal palace with much haste. Tell them to ask for Gaotona though. He is close to emperor but I shall not be here by then. 
I shall be living upto my name for the near future.

yours truly, 

The traveller

——————————————————

Dear @FictionSpren

It appears that forgery is a great art which involved giving simple and mundane things the appearance of grandness. The carvings were much satisfying but there comes a time in a women’s life when she shall want something that is more challenging. Just as I beginning to feel that way, a most propitious opportunity arose. To cut short I must let you know that now I shall be shaping things in their entirety and not just the superficial changes. 
You might be meeting me sooner than you thought, is all I will say at the moment. 
Farewell till our paths meet again. 

the traveller 

Telegraph:
 @PrinceGenocide Gyorn: you shall heed the warning so graciously given. Only fools show bravado in the face of real danger. I have had the occasion to test the might of these warriors and I must say there powers are at levels unseen

The traveller

@Honorless, If i understand correctly you are currently residing on Scadrial. As it seems, I may have to... Dissapear for a time. I was wondering if you had any in site on acceptable places that someone of my... skills. I can fend for myself on your planet but @greeny-231? My acosiate may find it harder to adjust to this new act of worldhopping. 

Finnaly before I go, where could i find the historical records of yolen named dragonsteel?

Yours,

-FS

@FictionSpren, the Dragonsteel Prime archives may be accessed here: https://brandonsanderson.com/dragonsteel-prime-chapter-25-bridge-four-1/

As for jobs, we do need more Hazekillers, some guard positions may also be open for Kredik Shaw and the Canton of Resource. There's also a hunting party being organized to route out the plantation skaa who tried to escape the Final Empire into the burning lands, grisly work, but it pays and is by far the safest job we have available right now for people of your skillset.

The One Without Honor

Edited by Honorless

@Honorless I am very glad to read of your adventures and they, surprisingly, reminded me of my own similar journey through the centuries! What are the chances!! It is almost as if we all follow a cosmic pattern through our journey of the stars. I look forward to meeting with you again dear friend, but, wait on making any arrangements, i shall inform you of my latest coordinates. It appears that very soon upon my arrival here, I have to leave again. 

I am telling you this in the strictest confidence, i have put the fear of Shattering in the mailman for he shall not dare read this missive, but I have come across a most intriguing mystery. I have found this ancient fabrial, i think and this mystery it seems shall lead me to a far far away world fraught with great dangers at the present. But fear not, I have made some acquaintances there in advance with the royalty of course. I shall tell you more in detail through a trusted member of your organisation.

bye.

@FictionSpren Since forescouts are forever in need at the planet of threnody, i may suggest that as a destination for you. Since, it appears that you wish to move away form your homeland to avoid some devious forces, i suggest threnody for travel on and off that planet is very difficult and it will keep you hidden and profitably employed for the time being. If interested, you shall head over to that direction on tomorrow night at sunset at the old place in the peaks, the opportunity for safe travel to that place is a short window, make haste. 

Do not worry about the dangers of the forest, the shades there are a joke in comparison to the fused you are so used to dispatching! you shall have quite the fun time there. 

Friend @FictionSpren ,

Your letter is most intriguing, even revelatory. I would have thought, before attaining my current station, that a servent to divinity could not be surprised. Obviously, that is not true. I can be surprised. I can perhaps even be naive, I think , as proved by the defection of my former friends to barbaric , stormscoured and ashstained lands.

However ,I am the most equipped, of all, to aid your endeavor. I am finding that the powers I find myself  in conflict with are quite stubborn , so much so that the most simple of conquests can be difficult. The Wyrn would love to have a person of your skillset as a spy among our enemies. I believe I can also provide you refuge from whatever is chasing you, since travel to Sel is dangerous at the best of times , unless of course you have the blessings of the Wyrn and the aid of the Skaze.

I am , unfortunately , made uncertain by your subterfuge. Why have you not made yourself known to me before this? How is it you can hide? Who are you truly, and how do you know so much about our enemies? If you would request asylum of me , I request open honesty. Return to my lands, approach the servants of Wyrn , and I will see what I can do for your quest.

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

@The traveller, bearer of the Chasmfiend Gemheart  ,

I see you have fled the planet itself in fear of the divine wrath of Holy Jaddeth , yet you try to threaten us.

You must know better than to approach us by relying upon presumption of past relationship. You have spoken to one who cannot respond. We, instead, will take your communication to Wyrn  – though we know not how you located us upon this newly conquered nation . We are indeed intrigued, for we thought it well hidden and the Revolution to be clandestine. Insignificant among our many nations.

As the Storms of Fire must continue to surge in our Cognitive Realm , so must our will continue resolute.

Alone.

Did you expect anything else from us? We need not suffer the interference of another. Your friends are busy with thier own problems and we care not for thier troubles. Indeed, we gloat upon thier misfortune .

Perhaps if you had approached the correct one of us , a more treacherous one , with your plea,  it would have found favorable audience. But we stand on the continent of Scyla , pleased with our domains. Leave us alone.

We also instruct that you should not return to Arelon . We have claimed that nation , and a new Sovereign of our choice is beginning to manifest her political prowess there. She is young yet, and--as a precaution- the Wyrn has instilled her with an intense and overpowering dislike of you. This is all we will say at this time. If you wish more, seek these Dominions in person and overcome the tests we have created to reforge your loyalty to the Wyrn.    

Only in this will you earn our respect

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

@PrinceGenocide 

Dearest Gyorn,

I received your communication, of course. 

I noticed its arrival immediately, just as I noticed your many intrusions into first the Rose Empire and now this land.

You think yourself so clever, but my eyes are not those of some petty bureaucrat, to be clouded by a false olive branch and some excuse of peaceful spreading of your dreadful faith. 

You mustn’t trouble yourself about Arelon. It is a pity about Duladel and Svorden, but they were foolish—refusing my help from the very beginning.

Your skills are admirable, but yours is merely an empire. You had your chance to be more, and you have squandered it with your violent and superstitious ways.

No good can come of your empire and its militaristic ways. It was ideal that you would not interfere with powers that you know not of and understand very little about, and it disappoints me that so few of your monks have kept an open mind to my words of wisdom.

As for City of Elantris, it was obvious from the outset that they were going to be a problem. Good riddance.

Regardless, this is not your concern. You turned your back on peace. If Ire becomes an issue, they will be dealt with.

And so will be your empire should they continue to follow this disastrous path.

Old friends, @The traveller @Knight of Iron, I hope this missive finds you well. Though, as one of you had learned to essentially edit your very past and now have gotten your hands on a Soulcaster, while the other now has rather a lot of Breaths, I would guess that your wellness is something of a given. I realize that both of you are probably still angry at the squabbles amongst us. That is pleasant to know. Much as your perpetual health, I have come to rely upon the great dissatisfaction amongst us. It is one of the cosmere's great constants, I should think. But it is time to end this. We must come together.

But let me first assure you that I am still quite safe. I am yet to find a good home but it would seem that a quiet life is not for me. I am fully capable of protecting my own skin, of course.

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely. Might I be quite frank? Before, @FictionSpren asked me, and you as well, to look after a friend of his, @greeny-231, this is why he was so concerned, he has yet to write back to any of us. There were budding Radiants among the spearmen, and many groups are actively seeking them out, some are out to harm them. You know how skaa and spearmen are treated, much like me, you too had to don those roles in life to get to where we are now. You may remember what became of some of those other unfortunate skaa and spearmen. On top of all that there are active hunters amongst them now. Traveller, you remember the actions of the Sons of Honor and the Ghostbloods still, I trust? Consider also the following: @PrinceGenocide was once a kind and generous man, and you saw what became of him. The Wyrn, on the other hand, is one the most loathsome, crafty, and dangerous individuals I had ever met. He holds a most frightening and terrible of all the powers: foresight. Ponder on that for a time, you old homeless cremlings, and tell me if your insistence on nonintervention holds firm. Because I assure you, the Selish will soon not be as inhibited as they have been. One need only look at the actions of the Ire to see proof of what I say. In case you have turned a blind eye to that disaster, know that they tried to steal the Shard of Preservation itself. Now the same organization that threatened old Scadrial is on Roshar.

You may accuse me of arrogance in my quest. That accusation would ring very true. It does not, however detract from the point I made nor turn the things I have written to you untrue. I am being chased. Underlings of a mutual friend in the Seventeenth Shard, I suspect. I believe they're still lost, following a false trail I left for them as I took the guise of the King's Wit on Roshar. They'll be happier that way. I doubt they have any inkling what to do with me should they actually catch me. If anything I have said makes a glimmer of sense to you, I trust that you'll call them off. Or maybe you could astound me and ask them to do something productive for once. For I have never been dedicated to a more important purpose, and the very pillars of the sky will shake with the results of our actions here. I ask you to support me. Do not stand aside and let disaster consume more lives. I've never begged you for something before, old friends.

I do so now.

The One Without Honor

Edited by Honorless

I'll address this letter to my "old friend," as I have no idea what name you're using currently, Prince of Genocides. I have heard a lot of our mutual acquaintances have disguised themselves as Ooklas.
Have you given up on chasing me yet? Why do you hide behind the name of your master, the Wyrn?
I am told that in your current incarnation you've taken a name that references what you presume to be one of your virtues. This is, I suspect, a little like a skunk naming itself for its stench.

Now, look what you've made me say. You've always been able to bring out the most extreme in me, old friend. And I do still name you a friend, for all that you weary me. Is not the destruction your Empire has wrought enough? Do not tell me that the world you now tread bear the touch and design of Jaddeth. Your interference so far has brought nothing but pain. My path has been chosen very deliberately. Yes, even as I bear the title of Lord Prelan.

The Selish Shards are... contained. They cannot leave the system that now inhabit. Their destructive potential is, therefore, inhibited. This was Rayse's design, I believe. Millennia have passed without Rayse taking the life of another of the sixteen.
While I mourn for the great suffering Rayse has caused, I do not believe we could hope for a better outcome than this.
It is a strange connection, is it not. Both Rayse and your current master, the Wyrn bear the weight of God’s own divine prerogative, separated from the virtues that gave it context. The Wyrn is what you, the people who follow him make him to be, old friend. And what the Wyrn, unfortunately, wished to become, is a tyrant. I suspect that he is more a force than an individual now, despite your insistence to the contrary. That force is contained, and an equilibrium reached.

You, however, have never been a force for equilibrium. You tow chaos behind you like a corpse dragged by one leg through the snow. Please, hearken to my plea. Leave that place and join us. The cosmere itself may depend upon our restraint.

The One Without Honor

My Lord @PrinceGenocide,

Your request has struck as some would say, between a storm and a bad place. You offer me sanctuary? Yet wonder of the dangers I face. You ask me to join you, yet not only do I fear your kin's power, but find myself to distrust all but the most disgraced amongst your ranks. You offer aid. but to what ends will you honor your word. And you question.

How do I know so much? 

Dearest Gyorn. Riddle me this. I have power. I have knowledge. Yet I distrust even those closest to Honor. I may be but a boy. But age means nothing in these worlds of shapeshifting, magic known and not and of course,

Allomancy.

My trust lays with @Honorless, One of the Invested Scadrians. My Spren, Grain. and @greeny-231. A lowly spearman. As it is I know you... moniter, these letters. How? God beyond this I do not know. But they mistrust you and fear for you. Will it do you no good to listen to their plea? @PrinceGenocide, With them I beg. I do not equate myself with thinking I know you now or as you were. But even the most bloodthirsty warlords can become the most honourable of men.

-FS

@Honorless,

I hope you can understand, old friend, the decision I have made in my nonintervention. I do admit you make good points, and, I must add, make them quite well. I do admit the Wyrn is, surely, powerful. But he is also rich. He and his associates are potential customers, and I never treat potential customers with disrespect. I'm sure I can count on you to understand.
I do not fear the Ire. A mere thief seems to have upended their master plan of taking the Shard of Preservation. I'm sure another mere thief could do such things, should they need to be stopped. And as for your being chased? I do not all who may be following you, however I have sent some salesman. We're having a sale on all Nalthian items, though we have a wide variety of Rosharan items as well, if that interests you.
You have convinced me some, the One Without Honor, but you have yet to recruit me to your cause. Intervene, don't intervene, just don't do anything bad for business, and I might consider your offer.

Sincerely,
Knight of Iron

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@The traveller,

Alas, I would be delighted to send the best of my collection to your emperor. My salesman have returned with the entire selection and shall be arrive shortly. Shipping, of course, is free, at the CMBIA. They are also equipped with the Tears of Edgli and poetry by master artists in the famous and widely acclaimed artisan's script. They must pay with any form of currency, so long as it translate well into the appropriate cosmere standard. Pleasure doing business.

Sincerely,
Knight of Iron

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@PrinceGenocide,

I know we have not been acquainted well, yet I decide to reveal myself to you. I am the CEO of the CMBIA and can provide very useful items for you, whether it be an army of Lifeless, an assortment of Rosharan wines, or really just most things from most planets.
I will not take your side, nor will I side with your enemies. Not as of yet.
If you are interested, write back.

Sincerely,
Knight of Iron

@Knight of Iron 

I must say that you are quite a useful acquaintance to make! You are, my friend, time well invested. I am delighted to know the vast array of goods in your capacity to provide. Emperor shall be extremely delighted to have gained your attention, a fact I hope to most fruitfully take credit for.

you may locate me on Roshar. I have joined the ranks of Ardentia in the hopes to solve a certain mystery but I doubt that I shall remain here any longer.

Your ideas regarding self aggrandisement at all costs and concern for that and that alone is something not completely alien to me. I must confess that I desire something very close to my heart and for which I have taken untold measures, and if indeed I have to watch this world or any other, burn to bring myself closer to my ultimate desire, I shall do so. I shall weep tears of blood in doing so but I shall do it. 

@greeny-231,

I must apologise. This worldhopping over and over must be getting on your nerves. Apologies for abandoning you, My past again im afraid. I am currently headed towards sel in hope of finding you there. I accept that this letter might arrive after reaching you but if something were to happen to me I would be more comfortable knowing you could track me. coming from Threnody I am going from Taladin, to Roshar to Nalthis to Sel. I must request that you join me on to scadrial, for my metal reserves are dwindaling.

cencearly,

-FS

(Ps find star map attached)

Wallpaper.jpg.a062078b45e6294a9a0bf0bf722a8ed6.jpg

Telegraph                                                                                    Sanctuary -                                                               Sent from: ELENDEL, SCADRIAL

@Honorless, @The traveller and, I suppose I must @PrinceGenocide.

My Time is short. My days, I fear, May be limited. My enemies grow closer and closer to my location. My exits are limited for - as per @Honorless's advice - I reside on Threnody. @greeny-231 is with me and I fear for him more than myself. My places of sanctuary have all but been foiled. I cannot say that I didn't first fear @PrinceGenocide had sided with my enemies but how? No. he is not my bane.

Next, I feared that I had Honored the one without. @Honorless. After careful consideration I have concluded that even he did not know enough. He is worthy of my trust.

@The traveller, You are not my betrayer. What cause would you to spite me? No. I do not believe you one to trust the Sons of Honor.

@greeny-231. Must I say more?

No, none of you are my killers. 

I am foiled. Without hope. My mission is slain.

I ask of you this. Prepare for war. Scadrians have advanced power. Rosharans, Phonominal power. Sel. The planet of three cultures is passive.

But There is one that I fear most.

Nalthis.

They have the power to create wepons that could destroy even nightblood.

Or worse.

If this is my last letter,

Goodbye.

-FS

PS attached find my research on none more than,

Fiction Spren.

Notes..thumb.png.e315da0f3a5a3c11afc9df256aa9da58.png

@The traveller

Alas, I do understand. I have arrived on Roshar. By the time you write back, you probably will have purchased some of my products already.

By this point I am wanted on nearly every planet I go to, for reasons I do not agree with. So what if I managed to acquire some Shardplate? Valuable fabrials? I am most wanted in Shinovar, I believe, considering my total failure of an attempt at an Honorblade. Honestly. Regardless, I shall be in disguise, though I think you shall know me when you see me.

And I know we have not mentioned the topic in a while, but what of the man who is called Hoid? I feel us cosmere-aware people ought to know more of him, yet we don't know as much as we think we do. I seem to acquired a clue as to his origins, though, in the form of a mysterious acronym: RAFO. My scholars have only one guess as to the meaning: the Really Awesome Farmers Organization. I doubt this. I fear it may be a dead end, or a false trail, but it is all we have.

If you are going to watch worlds burn to accomplish your goals with tears in your eyes, please notify me at least three standard months beforehand. I would very much like to harvest as many valuable resources from those worlds before they end, for business reasons of course. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Knight of Iron

@FictionSpren

My informants do tell me you seem to be inflicted with a very severe case of pessimism. I do not see why this is case. I am absolutely splendid right now, and you therefore need not fear. Perhaps some mercantile would cheer you up? We have special concoctions of all types of beverages, in combination with nearly all the Allomantic metals, in very convenient bottles.

If business does not cheer you up, perhaps, er, other types of business will? I can provide Lifeless armies, a quite substantial amount of Breaths, and much more. If I have anything that could offer you of services, please do write back. If I do not, then please do write back.

It pains me to hear of your hopelessness. Keep researching fiction spren, if that shall make you happy.

Sincerely,
Knight of Iron