Young Bard

Quick Fix Game 41: The Lord Mistborn's School for Gifted Allomancers

198 posts in this topic

I have a few feelings, after rereading the previous several days. I'm feeling wary of Darkness Ascendant. Scanned as guilty by Lumgol, and immediately Lumgol was killed, before they could 'calibrate' their readings (as we believed it to work last cycle.) They were the only one not to vote for the same target last cycle, which just feels off. What's odd is their lack of a vote Cycle 1, when they could have saved or helped to save Striker. I'm also somewhat suspicious of Coda. They were the only one other than myself who voted for Lemonelon C1 and is still living. As for who's least suspicious, I can't really tell. Everyone still here has something against them. 

8 hours ago, DeTess said:

She's active and seems to be working to solve the game, or at least the mystery of this game (which is NAI). She hasn't shared too many reads so far though (I think the only one was a good gut read on me). @Elandera, who do you consider to be the most and least suspicious right now?

I haven't taken much time to get reads yet, but I'm getting a bad gut read on DA. I'm going to hold of on voting on them though, since it may just be me disagreeing with their points and disliking how they're saying things. Style difference doesn't equal elim. I only have a few minutes right now, but I'll see if I can quickly sum up my thoughts on the living players so far.

Snipexe - Standard level of activity from what I've seen/noticed. Mostly NAI, but Tess brought up an interesting point. Someone I'd like to look into more completely.

Coda - Nothing much so far. I still disagree that scanning is useless. It's not completely useless, but should be taken with a grain of salt, just like scanning results in any game. There's always something that can mess up a scan. Why is this any different? Because everyone (?) has a scan?

Wonko - Slight village read from the contributions I'e seen so far. Seem genuine in their protests of the Devotary lynch last turn.

Darkness Ascendant - Slight elim read. Like I said on Coda's read, I don't think scanning is useless, and a lot of my read is coming from how vehemently they're opposed to even submitting the actions.

Abstrusity - Slight village read at the moment, though difficult to say why. They seem sincere, I guess.

Lemonelon - Probably strongest village read. I don't believe D1 was an elim vs elim lynch. Except... unless Striker decided to get himself lynched to save Lemon, a teammate who is new/ returning player.

Sart - No read so far. Like DA, I think it's worth looking into them since they were scanned elim, even if we suspect some of those read may be bad.

DeTess - Village. She's been active, pushing for people to get involved. Overall good village read.

Elkanah - Neutral at the moment. Nothing has really stood out to me as one way or the other.

That's all the time I have at the moment. I'll try to get back on later today to add a bit more.

Lot to say, but no time.

For now, I'm going to point out again that DeTess was the person who made the train happen, with nothing more than a parrot of Snipexe's argument.

I scanned Devotary as evil, so my scan is valueless. Sart is in the clear, and has some moderate trust where I'm concerned.

DA has always read as tonally elim to me, so I've learned not to trust my reads of him. That said, he made some solid points last cycle, and I had read him as village. His late-cycle argument against the Lynch, though, is troubling. He had to know that he couldn't change the Lynch that late with such an overwhelming lead -- but if he'd pulled one or two people off it, he could have killed the majority, and kept us from learning how it works.

Lum being killed, though, is not an argument against him. It seems far more likely that Lum was killed because if Devotary flipped as "reverse scanner" like people were hypothesizing, Lum would have been confirmed good.

30 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

For now, I'm going to point out again that DeTess was the person who made the train happen, with nothing more than a parrot of Snipexe's argument.

That's not quite true though. I'd also scanned them as evil, which I mentioned in the post before that (so in addition to suspicion, that lynch would also help me figure out how accurate mys cans where), and apart from that there wasn't really much more to say.

Also, I think it's a bit disingenuous to pin a lynch with a full majority vote on a single person. I do not have mind control powers, nor did I go out of my way to make an air-tight case to try and drag everyone else with me. I'd agree that i warranted some suspicion if I'd swung a close vote against Devotary, but that wasn't the case here. I placed a second vote on a the train that ended up being the only one that really got going, and that's not the same as starting one in my opinion.

Edited by DeTess

As promised, here are my reads so far:

Snipexe

So far has posted information that was already available in thread. Started the vote on Devotary for trying to save Striker. The theories about the thugs seem off to me, but otherwise I don’t really suspect him.

Coda

Has posted twice: Once to defend himself and possibly once to avoid the inactivity filter. Might have been a part of the effort to save StrikerEZ. Maybe an elim

Wonko the Sane

Started the vote on Striker. Recommended waiting until C2 before roleclaiming. Opposed the Devotary lynch, but joined to create a majority. I disagree that scans are valueless, but they’ll take some work to determine who is what kind of tineye. Overall village read

Darkness Ascendant

Distanced himself from Striker after he died and accused Lum. I wouldn’t think Darkness Ascendant would go after and vote for the person he was planning to kill, but I’m not sure why he put so much focus on how much he didn’t trust striker after striker was already banished. Slight elim read

Abstrusity

Scanned Striker and revealed the possibility that scans can lie. Joined the Devotary lynch, but so did over half the players. Probably village.

Lemonelon

Was put on the block as an alternative to striker. Pretty sure he’s village.

Elandera

Suggested the elim team might be larger than normal to compensate for so many scan roles, but with how fickle our information I doubt that’s the case. Overall, her posts feel village.

Sart

Sart’s vote on striker looked dubious right up until Striker flipped thug. It was a lot of pressure if he was wrong. He was also the person Striker said he trusted least (though that may have been to throw us off.) So I feel like he’s most likely villlage.

DeTess

I don’t really have a good read on DeTess yet. That said I’ve been analyzing for a couple hours at this point and I reserve the right to try again when I have higher brain function.

In order from most trusted to least I’d have to say I trust Abstrusity, Lemonelon, Elandara, Sart, Wonko, Snipexe, DeTess, Darkness, and Coda. That’s all just from the posts they have made. I want to go back through and see exactly how each person was involved in the lynches so far and see where the tipping points were, but that may have to wait until tomorrow. For now I’ll place a vote on Darkness, but I should be back on near turnover to see what changes.

Edit: Formatting

Edited by Elkanah

Hey, train seems to be heading for Darkness so I will join too.

Not had much time for analysis this round, little one was in A&E but back home now and have time  tomorrow to go through properly.

9 hours ago, Abstrusity said:

I have a few feelings, after rereading the previous several days. I'm feeling wary of Darkness Ascendant. Scanned as guilty by Lumgol, and immediately Lumgol was killed, before they could 'calibrate' their readings (as we believed it to work last cycle.) They were the only one not to vote for the same target last cycle, which just feels off. What's odd is their lack of a vote Cycle 1, when they could have saved or helped to save Striker. I'm also somewhat suspicious of Coda. They were the only one other than myself who voted for Lemonelon C1 and is still living. As for who's least suspicious, I can't really tell. Everyone still here has something against them. 

Hahahaha I'm starting to think my personality isn't suited to SE, I'm way too insecure right now to play into it and mess around with people but right now I'm just getting frustrated by how divisive it seems to be.

6 hours ago, Elandera said:

Darkness Ascendant - Slight elim read. Like I said on Coda's read, I don't think scanning is useless, and a lot of my read is coming from how vehemently they're opposed to even submitting the actions.

Sart - No read so far. Like DA, I think it's worth looking into them since they were scanned elim, even if we suspect some of those read may be bad.

An eliminator would want scanning to be pushed heavily, I'm not saying scanning is useless its just useless without proper organisation and it'd require a level of organisation that is just not suited to a QF, if you guys don't mind I could organise everyone to scan another person so that theres a scan on everyone and then we can pool in the results next cycle and do the same for one more? I'm just worried about its inefficiency and people being reliant on them.

5 hours ago, Wonko the Sane said:

His late-cycle argument against the Lynch, though, is troubling. He had to know that he couldn't change the Lynch that late with such an overwhelming lead -- but if he'd pulled one or two people off it, he could have killed the majority, and kept us from learning how it works.

I didn't tho :P 

51 minutes ago, Elkanah said:

Darkness Ascendant

Distanced himself from Striker after he died and accused Lum. I wouldn’t think Darkness Ascendant would go after and vote for the person he was planning to kill, but I’m not sure why he put so much focus on how much he didn’t trust striker after striker was already banished. Slight elim read

Literally just c/p the notes I'd taken whilst reading throughthe thread throughout the day. Didn't have time to edit them and stuff

37 minutes ago, Lemonelon said:

Not had much time for analysis this round, little one was in A&E but back home now and have time  tomorrow to go through properly.

:huh:

Darkness. It's the best read I have. Not confident, but I'll do as best I can.

1 hour ago, Lemonelon said:

Waht? I don't like the sound of that. I'm not sure if this is real world stuff, but this feels weird to me. I'm going to switch to @Coda. I suspect him slightly more anyway, but didn't think he'd be on to defend. Coda Darkness

I think I'll vote Snipexe. Like Wonko brought up with Devo's lynch, there's little to no opposition to DA's lynch. And though I feel off about them, I don't think it's worth a lynch at this point. 

@Darkness Ascendant (quoting isn't working for me right now), I don't think we need a full scale organization of the scans. Like you said, it would be too easy to lie about results, especially in a full scale thing like that. My point was more as a counter to your suggestion to stop submitting actions entirely. An individual player can scan people, and if enough of them die and their scan results match, they can be more certain any thug results in later game are accurate. That only works if people continue submitting actions now. Once they get a false reading, then they know for certain their scan isn't always reliable.

I suggest people keep submitting actions, and if they are certain their results are reliable, to find a reasonable argument against someone you scan as thug. No, I don't think we should rely on scan results only, or trust anyone's supposed results, but if they can present a reasonable argument with is, just like any other lynch in any other game, we can gain an advantage.

I also don't see why you'd say elims would push for more scans. No scans is great for them, as they'd never be accidentally caught. Even bad scans can help village narrow down targets to inspect further.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This game is stressful. I think Coda is a more likely target, after rereading the evidence. DA didn't vote cycle 1, and I think that clinches it for me.

It seems I have been made a lynch target due to my inactivity. This leaves me in a position where I cannot defend myself as it is very true that I have behaved in a suspicious manner. Lynch me if you want, but I'm village. If I die it will only put suspicion on you. 

Sorry, @Abstrusity, that last vote was after the end of the cycle, I just wasn't on at the right moment to say so. I'm really sorry about that.

That being said, the cycle is now over! The next cycle might be slightly delayed, unfortunately, so don't wait up if it's late wherever you are.

The writeup will be edited in shortly, so I don't delay the cycle even further. Sorry about that.

Darkness Ascendant was expelled! They were a Tineye and a Student.
Snipexe was killed! They were a Tineye and a Student.

DA(3): Sart, Lemonelon, Abstrusity
Snipexe(1): DeTess, Elandera
DeTess(1): Wonko
Coda(1): Elkanah

Player List:

Snipexe - Student Tineye
Coda
Lumgol - Student Tineye
Straw - Student Tineye
Wonko the Sane
StrikerEZ - Variel - Determined Thug Tineye
Darkness Ascendant - Dr. Steinman
Abstrusity - Mundric
Lemonelon
Elandera - Emeril
Devotary of Spontaneity - Danjen - Confused Student Tineye
Sart
DeTess
Elkanah - Elias

Edited by Young Bard

@Young Bard, is my vote intentionally missing? If not, then interesting. I'd be willing to vote Snipexe again if that were the case.

7 minutes ago, Elandera said:

@Young Bard, is my vote intentionally missing? If not, then interesting. I'd be willing to vote Snipexe again if that were the case.

Way to strike fear into a GM's heart. Just an error, that's been corrected. Also, it's a bit hard to vote on a dead player. :P

7 minutes ago, Young Bard said:

Way to strike fear into a GM's heart. Just an error, that's been corrected. Also, it's a bit hard to vote on a dead player. :P

Ha. Yeah, I guess it would. I should read who dies more closely. :P 

EDIT: Hit send too soon. The elims are making interesting kill choices. Snipexe and Lum might have been able to pull suspicion away from them for a turn or two if they'd lived. 

Edited by Elandera

@Coda, in addition to what you said at the end of last cycle, is there anything else you'd like to say to convince us you're not evil? 'I'm village and voting on me will only make you look suspicious' isn't much of a defense, if I'm being honest. If anything, it makes me more suspicious, because I don't really see an appeal to self-preservation as a village tactic for dodging the lynch. After all, self-preservation is only really a concern for the elims.

I'm leaning a bit more village on abstrusity. That kind of last-minute vote juggling isn't really an elim move if there isn't an elim on the chopping block.

I'm a bit more suspicious of lemonelon as well because of the way they framed their vote. I have nothing against joining an exisiting wagon if you agree with the suspicions, but they only really seemed to be voting on that wagon because it was there. If lemonelon is evil though, that changes how we should look at D1 a lot, as it means that lynch was wolf/wolf.

In other news, I suspect my role is something along the lines of 'paranoid tineye' as I've yet to scan someone as village.

There's really nothing I can do to convince you of my innocence. I voted Lemon C1 since they voted on me. I've been very inactive. There is really no defense. 

I think I'm putting a vote on Lemonelon for now. Striker started the vote on them C1 for simple activity reasons, so it could have been a bit of distancing as well, and I don't really like a lot of the activity I've seen from them since (committing to wagons for odd reasons  C2, and C1 they where only really creating ties). If nothing else, it'll be good to confirm one way or another whether the votes C1 where on a village and wolf wagon, or on a wolf/wolf wagon.

@DeTess I didn't have time yesterday to be here due to real world stuff and wanted to get a vote in. Should that be in blue?

I can see it probably looks quite hit and run though! All my scans keep coming up as village so I'm not sure how reliable they are.

I'm wondering why Devotary had his type revealed. I had hoped that it was because he was lynched, but Darkness disproved that. Perhaps it was because he voted on himself.

50 minutes ago, Sart said:

I'm wondering why Devotary had his type revealed. I had hoped that it was because he was lynched, but Darkness disproved that. Perhaps it was because he voted on himself.

I believe it was because eight of the twelve living players voted for him. In the OP it says

Each Role in the game has multiple Types. Players with a Role are only informed of their Role, not their Type.

There is a lynch every cycle, and the players with the most votes at the end of the cycle will be banished from the school. Players lynched by plurality will have their alignment and role revealed - and only those lynched by a majority of players will additionally have their Type revealed. In the event of a tie, both players are lynched.

Bold mine.

With eight of us left, I believe we'd need five of us to reveal the type of whomever we lynch. Honestly, I'm less interested in learning types than in lynching eliminators. Cards on the table, I scanned Devotary cycle one and was told he was village, which is why I didn't want to lynch him. That was before I knew about the possibility of confused tineyes. Cycle two I scanned Coda and was told he was a thug. I recognize that we can't fully trust scans, but I put that together with his posting style that feels like he's being reminded in an eliminator doc that he ought to post. Finally, last cycle I scanned Snipexe since he was also on the block and he came up village. 

@Coda would you be willing to give us a list of whom you trust most to least? any information would be helpful

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elias looked out at the room. "Finally" he thought "peace and quiet." Although now the silence was tinged with sadness. The remaining students were huddled and suspicious instead of loud and carefree. Over the last few days, Elias had used his tin to peek into conversations he had no part of, sending away those he deemed even slightly suspicious. There was room in the class to accept ten or eleven students. Now that there were only eight, the emptiness of those desks threatened to squash him.

Elias looked down at the hat in his hands. A deep red contrasting brilliantly with green. Filled with determination, he resolved that should it come down to it, he must find who had done this so it could stop. He chuckled. "This is what I wished for only days ago. That all the other people would just disappear. Looks like I got my wish." He stood, fetched a pad of paper, and began scribbling notes furiously.

Edit: Formatting

Edited by Elkanah

Sorry for the inactivity over the last cycle; I meant to find time to post, but never managed.

I agree with the Lemonelon lynch, both for the odd posts others have noted, and because pretty much every player in the game is dependent on Lemonelon's alignment to one degree or another.

Not enough  time again,  but this time I promise to be back before  rollover.

I don't have a ton of time today, but I do agree with the Lemonelon lynch. Striker's first vote may easily have been distancing, along with this statement from Striker in his last post:

Anyway, if I do get lynched, I’d say the next targets, in order of importance, are Coda/Lemon, Sart, Lum, then Wonko

I'm also interested in why he included Wonko in this. The others in the list might be worth looking into a bit more, since they could have been included for distancing.