Quick Fix Game 41: The Lord Mistborn's School for Gifted Allomancers

Young Bard

5 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

MY MIND IS EXPLODING RIGHT NOW

I'm an alignment scanner person. I didn't scan Striker or Straw.

8 minutes ago, Abstrusity said:

I think you two aught to coordinate then. Both scan the lynch target maybe? Then using that coordinate if Lum’s scan tells the truth.

edit: It’s also possible the Striker could have had some ability to avoid scans? I don’t really know how that fits into the actual Tineye theme, maybe he burns his tin such that he can detect when he’s being scanned and therefore hide it?

Edited by Snipexe

Assuming results aren't completely random, any alignment scanner can potentially calibrate their readings by scanning the lynch target. It's not necessarily as simple as some people get accurate results and others don't, there could easily be people who get a result of village or elim every time. Determining that would also be made easier by scanning a lynch target.

That makes so much more sense! I scanned Sart as a Determined Thug, which was really throwing me for a loop, making me question all of my reads.

It's still possible he's playing the riskiest Elim game ever, but it looks unlikely to me.

I seriously doubt it's as easy as "you get opposite results". As Devotary pointed out, it's too easy to course-correct that, and turn the entire Village into alignment scanners. I suspect it's either random, or there's some other trick.

In any case, it's an even bigger priority than before that we get a majority lynch today, guys! We need to understand how this all works.

It may just be backwards. Literally. We need more lynches to prove it, but that fact that Striker was scanned as village, then flipped elim, and many people got elim scans seems to say that there are more of whatever scans as elim than what scans as village.

Just popping in for a moment. I might have some information that could help here, but I need some clarification first.

1 hour ago, Snipexe said:

It may just be backwards. Literally. We need more lynches to prove it, but that fact that Striker was scanned as village, then flipped elim, and many people got elim scans seems to say that there are more of whatever scans as elim than what scans as village.

I doubt this would be the case. More likely, with the apparent abundance of scanners, there's some kind of redirect or scan obfuscation. Otherwise, with the results we've apparently received, we'd have two more elims right now. That would be incredibly imbalanced. 

Question for those that scanned: Did it say the name of your target in the results?

Seperate post, because I'm voting.

Devotary. After looking back over yesterday I agree that their vote on lemonelon looks off based on the way that worked out, and I might as well figure out whether I got a correct scan or not.

Edited by DeTess

Mundric paced around the hall, ideas racing through his head while storms of deliberation raged without it. No one knew whom to trust. There was deception at every turn. Mundric kept a clear head and took a deep breath. Whatever happens, I'll always have my hats. He silently cursed the letter he'd recieved. He began to suspect the student that had destroyed the records was no student after all. He felt he was dancing to the movements of an unseen hand. If the Lord Mistborn controlled the school, what did he mean in bringing identical talents and not telling them? Or was something else at work? He shook his head and continued to work on knitting his sombrero.

Random dotpoints from skimming the threads (Had a really really really long day sorry this took so long)

• The archives were probably on Copperminds and we know it was one of the students in the academy so there's a potential case for people to have fragments of a metalmind or all the fragments (being the one to have destroyed the archives)

As he read the letter saying that his, and all the other potential students’, records had been lost, he began to see red

- Striker’s character is overcompensating for something

• I haven’t played enough with Lum but she waffles a lot in C1 whilst dropping the suggestion of roleclaiming/roleguessing in the midst of it.

• Striker is weirdly supportive of this. Both mention that it would help the elims however.

• Positive read on Elandera, called Striker/Lum out for the aformentioned issue

• Striker’s response to this calling out is a bit long winded and fluffy again, kind of sus

• Determined thugs in that they might be Pinnacle Ferrings in that they might be able to “save” attack orders to make one big attack maybe? In like manic state.

• Positive read on DeTess

• Loads of backtracking on Striker…

• Suspicious of straw, feel like he’s deliberately restraining what he’s saying.

• Positive read on Wonko, basically said what I was thinking 

• ALso what the heck lemonel you edited in a Vote without tagging me? Lame

• @Fifth WHY ARE YOU WRITING IN YELLOW

• Lum’s indecision in the face of Striker’s lynching is very suspicious of me, specially in the context of their little roleclaim conversation in the beginning of the cycle which most people seem to have overlooked.

Cycle 2

• Increasing suspicion of Lum- Lum scanned me as evil and felt the need to share that for some reason

-------------------------------

Okay cool so yeah Striker ended up being dead. This whole everybody is Tineye thing is really interesting- I question as to whether we're half allomantic tineyes and half hemalurgic tineyes (No idea if thats already come up I'm pretty tired rn).

For now throwing my vote on Lum , definitely think she's worth lynching for her sus actions so far. I'll do a proper iso analysis in the morning when I'm less depressed goodnight

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

Mundric paced around the hall, ideas racing through his head while storms of deliberation raged without it. No one knew whom to trust. There was deception at every turn. Mundric kept a clear head and took a deep breath. Whatever happens, I'll always have my hats. He silently cursed the letter he'd recieved. He began to suspect the student that had destroyed the records was no student after all. He felt he was dancing to the movements of an unseen hand. If the Lord Mistborn controlled the school, what did he mean in bringing identical talents and not telling them? Or was something else at work? He shook his head and continued to work on knitting his sombrero.

--

What am I even supposed to say or do? I suppose I'll place a vote on Devotary for now. His vote was definitely suspicious, but I'm not really certain of anything right now. With all or most of us being Tineyes, and some mysterious "types" at work, I am quite befuddled. Are all games this obtuse? Also I really wish I had PM's.

Now I understand why the initial post was tagged with "im laughing right now" and "this will be hilarious."

Edited by Abstrusity

2 minutes ago, Abstrusity said:

Again, I scanned Striker and got Village. That's what started this whole fiasco.

Village, or Student, specifically? I know it's a different word for the same thing, but I'm feeling particularly pedantic about the word use at the moment. 

22 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I'm most interested in Lemonelon's scan, as she appears to be the only one to have received a result of Student. I targeted Lum and got the same result of Determined Thug as most people seem to be getting. Did anyone else scan their target as a student? 

I scanned Straw last night, and was told my target was a Student. When I asked if my action could be redirected, I was told PAFO (unsurprisingly). 

Devotary. I need to look over last turn, but for now, I'm pretty suspicious of Devotary for the vote. 

7 minutes ago, Elandera said:

Village, or Student, specifically? I know it's a different word for the same thing, but I'm feeling particularly pedantic about the word use at the moment. 

I scanned Straw last night, and was told my target was a Student. When I asked if my action could be redirected, I was told PAFO (unsurprisingly). 

I'm pretty sure that distinction counts as illicitly using the wording of a GM PM to determine alignment.

So far, you are the only person claiming to have a correct scan result. Has anyone gotten an answer on being able to scan dead players?

I'm not at all comfortable with this early train on Devotary. I agree that the last-minute vote was suspicious, but not enough to warrant this kind of mob response. So, I'm going to vote DeTess to widen the vote options, and because she started the train.

That said, I still think we badly need a majority lynch to figure out what exactly is going on, so if Devotary remains the top lynch when I get on later, I'll switch my vote over.

I also wanted to point out that @Lumgol has done a lot of talking this cycle without dropping a vote.

6 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I'm pretty sure that distinction counts as illicitly using the wording of a GM PM to determine alignment.

True. Sorry. @Abstrusity, don't answer my question. 

I expect at least one of the evil scan results is correct. So far, that's DA, Sart, Devotary, and Lumgol. Of those, I'm still most suspicious of Devo. I'd like to lynch one of those targets, at least, to confirm they're elim or that someone good can scan as elim.

Straw, Striker and Tess scanned student. Two are dead, one elim, so we know we can't fully trust results there. I have a good gut read on Tess, though.

It's also possible the elim team is larger than expected to help balance so many scans.

That is a possibility, I suppose. I think whatever force is misdirecting our scans is enough balance on its own though, depending on its scope. My suspicion of Devotary has been heightened by the lack of any defense on their part, with their only comments not responding to accusations. And let's not forget that people can lie about their scan results, though there seems to be little point in that since no one knows what's really going on. 

11 minutes ago, Wonko the Sane said:

I also wanted to point out that @Lumgol has done a lot of talking this cycle without dropping a vote.

Just want to say that a number of Lum’s posts last cycle had what seemed to me a weird tone. This is the one that stands out the most:

I like the idea of variants of allomantic roles.

I have an Allomantic role myself, although I wasn't informed of any variant or type other than the metal and what it does.

At first glance, it may seem like a majority vote in the early cycles would benefit the elims, since they could choose a villager and bandwagon. However, if they do bandwagon, the village would have a quick source from which to draw suspicion.

The knowledge of roles and types that would be revealed would benefit both factions, I think.

In conclusion, I wouldn't be against a majority lynch, although if we end up doing so, I would suggest waiting a cycle or 2 to get at least a little information out there (through lynches, potential scan roles, discussion, whatever may happen).

Especially now that Striker has been shown to be an elim, and was pushing for a group claim (ironic that that ended up happening), this post seems even more weird/suspicious. It’s not enough to change my vote however.