Try a Mistborn 2D Platformer Game

danox46

Hey guys, 

I've been working for a while now on the prototype for The Children of Preservation, a Mistborn themed 2D Platformer. It started as a fan tribute to Mistborn, I wanted to learn Unity with a cool project. But the first version had a good response from the community (I shared it mostly on Facebook groups). So I worked to make the prototype a bit more immersive, added more metals to burn, and other features like Hemalurgy. Before you try it out, I want to make sure you know a few things.

1 Everything needs to be polished.

2 I made custom artwork for the prototype so it was more immersive, but I'm no designer. The artwork would improve for a full version of the game.

3 I appreciate any feedback. Please don't hold back any notes. Those will be really helpful if there's a full version of the game.

You can download the prototype for free here: https://dnxgaming.itch.io/the-children-of-preservation

You can also take a look at the short teaser I made: 

Sadly, I don't have the resources to make a full version of the game on my own. I would need either a crowdfunding campaign or a publisher to get the right people and amount of time to develop it. In order to get that I would need a license. Which is not going to be easy. So, I'm asking for the support of the community to give the concept some momentum. If you want to see a full version of The Children of Preservation with awesome graphics and polished mechanics please drop a review at Itch.io or like the Facebook Page

Thanks!

If you end up crowdfunding this project, make sure to coordinate with the Shard’s admins to get a short article about it on the news page. This might be kind of “duh” and you could already be planning to do such. But I’m excited to see where this goes and I want it to reach as large an audience as possible. And as you may have noticed, Sanderson Fan Works isn’t exactly the most visited sub forum :). Though of course it makes total sense why you’d post here at this stage in the development. 

Review to be dropped later. 

51 minutes ago, ILuvHats said:

If you end up crowdfunding this project, make sure to coordinate with the Shard’s admins to get a short article about it on the news page. This might be kind of “duh” and you could already be planning to do such. But I’m excited to see where this goes and I want it to reach as large an audience as possible. And as you may have noticed, Sanderson Fan Works isn’t exactly the most visited sub forum :). Though of course it makes total sense why you’d post here at this stage in the development. 

Review to be dropped later. 

Thanks! I haven't really made plans for the Kickstarter campaign. I don't want to get too excited before the right time. Thanks for the suggestion. I do realize this isn't the sub with the most exposure, but I'm new to the forum and I don't want to over step. Plus, it's true that this would be the best place for this stage. 

I'm really looking forward to your review, and please help me share it if it's not too much trouble.

• 3 years later...