Is there a way other than Hemalurgy to become a Ferachemist .

SzethIsBadAsHell

On 11/20/2019 at 5:27 PM, SzethIsBadAsHell said:

1.) why didn’t he boost one of Terris until a full Ferachemist like he did Spook ? Or grant access to Terris again as Preservation did ? Do you think it’s because Ruin presence in Harmonry is stopping him? Powers conflicting or what not ?

Giving powers to Spook was a thank you gift for helping get his faith back as well as other things(secret history).  He had no real reason to give powers to the Terris.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:24 PM, SzethIsBadAsHell said:

So after the Catecandra I theorized had not but for the influence of Harmony , the remaining Terris should have developed a full ferachemist by now ! 

Maybe maybe not.  We don't really know how it works.

On 11/20/2019 at 7:24 PM, SzethIsBadAsHell said:

I’m Not going to lie , I loved Sazed . But Harmony. Let’s me down every time . First with Paalm . And then with his own people . I don’t like his stark neutrality at all 

He really has no better options.  Also Harmony is not the same as Saze.  It would actually be more accurate to say(at least at the moment) that Saze is riding Harmony.

12 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

For age. But I think there should be a way to access the inherent investiture of the metal too. It’s a separate thing.

Were is your evidence for this? the keepers would have discovered something like this if it was easy to do. The other godmetals we have seen don't do this

WoR spoilers:

Spoiler

Shardblades and honorblades can't be "tapped" for some sort of trait, they must be bonded.

Atium is made of investiture, it does not have investiture stored in it. to tap the investiture of the Atium would be the same as burning it:

Atium's Mechanism

Atium is, indeed, different from the other metals. When you burn most Allomantic metals, it opens a conduit through which you can draw upon Preservation's power and use it in very specific ways.

Atium doesn't do that. Atium is, itself, a fuel. When you burn it, the metal itself provides the power. A subtle distinction, I know, but it has to do with where the power is coming from. Most Allomancy is fueled by Preservation, but atium and malatium are fueled by Ruin.

This metal doesn't quite belong on the table where it has been placed.

14 hours ago, Llstml said:

Were is your evidence for this? the keepers would have discovered something like this if it was easy to do. The other godmetals we have seen don't do this

WoR spoilers:

Hide contents

Shardblades and honorblades can't be "tapped" for some sort of trait, they must be bonded.

Atium is made of investiture, it does not have investiture stored in it. to tap the investiture of the Atium would be the same as burning it:

It basically an outgrowth of the idea that Atium provides its own fuel. If can access that investiture directly one way, it seems to me that you should be able to do it another way.

I don’t think it would be easy to access the Investiture necessarily. You can burn Atium due to a hack; under normal circumstances no one would be able to burn it. (I don’t think Seers are a natural part of the system and Mistborn are definitely not.)

I think you’d need a hack to access the inherent investiture. A Feruchemist is a natural part of its system, unlike Mistborn. So it can’t be a method any Feruchemist could use. But I do feel that there should be a method.

11 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I think you’d need a hack to access the inherent investiture. A Feruchemist is a natural part of its system, unlike Mistborn. So it can’t be a method any Feruchemist could use. But I do feel that there should be a method.

Yes, that hack is called being a Mistborn, accessing the Metals inherent investiture would do the same thing as burning it.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:16 PM, Kingsdaughter613 said:

For age. But I think there should be a way to access the inherent investiture of the metal too. It’s a separate thing.

That power would not be keyed the feruchemist's identity.  Also the power itself is entropy.  So tapping it would disintegrate you.

Edited by Ookla the Prolific

21 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I don’t think it would be easy to access the Investiture necessarily. You can burn Atium due to a hack; under normal circumstances no one would be able to burn it. (I don’t think Seers are a natural part of the system and Mistborn are definitely not.)

Define "natural."

21 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

I am unsure about seers.  I am hoping we have some people who can burn trellium.

11 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

If there is a way to access it Allomantically, it should be accessible via the other systems but with a different method.

Atium doesn't have "inherent" investiture in it, it is made of investiture. What I am trying to say is that if you were able to access the investiture of Atium through feruchemy, it would "burn" it, and most likely have the same effect as it would in allomancy.

20 hours ago, Ookla the Prolific said:

Define "natural."

I am unsure about seers.  I am hoping we have some people who can burn trellium.

Natural is ‘something that occurs without direct interference.’ Mistborn were only born after the Lerasium beads were consumed. I think Seers only existed due to Preservation hacking the system and removing Cadmium and Bendalloy. And don’t exist now, because Sazed fixed it.

There may be Trellium Mistings. But I think it would be due to direct Shardic interference. And Mistborn, naturally, could burn it.

3 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

Natural is ‘something that occurs without direct interference.’ Mistborn were only born after the Lerasium beads were consumed. I think Seers only existed due to Preservation hacking the system and removing Cadmium and Bendalloy. And don’t exist now, because Sazed fixed it.

Preservation did not remove them he just noted it would take to long for them to figure it out they were always their.

3 hours ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:

There may be Trellium Mistings. But I think it would be due to direct Shardic interference. And Mistborn, naturally, could burn it.

Starsight WoBs(not yet transcribed) indicate that Mistborn can burn Honor's investiture in metal form so yes they could.

Dwarven_Hydra

Is there any way to become a Feruchemist outside of Hemalurgy and genetics? Something in the vein of lerasium?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, there are other ways to become a Feruchemist.

General Signed Books 2019 (July 2, 2019)

Questioner

Is there a comparable way-- like you can become a Misting by burning an alloy of lerasium and some other metal--

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Questioner

Is there a comparable way of becoming a Ferring?

Brandon Sanderson

Uh… *carefully* Comparable within certain limits of the definition of that word, then yes.

Questioner

Just meaning, is there some in-world way--

Brandon Sanderson

There is some in-world procedure yes.

Bands of Mourning release party (Jan. 25, 2016)

There is a way

Maybe this is something Lerasium can grant, hence Sazed's comment about not getting very far with it Feruchemically, I dunno

We know that there is a way 

Dwarven_Hydra

Is there any way to become a Feruchemist outside of Hemalurgy and genetics? Something in the vein of lerasium?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, there are other ways to become a Feruchemist.

General Signed Books 2019 (July 2, 2019)

Questioner

Is there a comparable way-- like you can become a Misting by burning an alloy of lerasium and some other metal--

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Questioner

Is there a comparable way of becoming a Ferring?

Brandon Sanderson

Uh… *carefully* Comparable within certain limits of the definition of that word, then yes.

Questioner

Just meaning, is there some in-world way--

Brandon Sanderson

There is some in-world procedure yes.

Bands of Mourning release party (Jan. 25, 2016)

Edited by Honorless