Does any of the characters in Mistborn remind you of Other characters

SzethIsBadAsHell

On my first read of mistborn I didn’t like many of the characters . Do not get me wrong I loved both series but the characters didn’t interest me first . Chief amongst all these was Spook . I thought him useless , and had no idea of his potential . I read the whole series and started on era 2 before I snapped to who Spook was inspired by or similar too . 

This only happened after a drawing I saw Spook with his blindfold on and two dueling canes . I stood up in my seat and was like Omg “ Spook is Daredevil .!!! So I was shocked I missed that . He became so much more interesting to me . Not because I liked daredevil. But because I now realized what Spook could do being a tin-eye Savant who flared his metals constantly ! Now he was interesting .

So I reread and I starting seeing other similarities all throughtout mistborn . Raynett was “q” from James Bond . Wax reminded me so much oh Jim west . I don’t know why but I always picture Kelsier as “ Magneto” Hoid as “doc who” . Mr suit “ professor Moriate” Sherlock Holmes . I’m going to stop at calling Wayne “Deadpool “ Wayne is my favorite character in both books and he hates guns

Does anybody else see any characters in the Cosmere that you said remind you of someone else very strongly ?

On 11/19/2019 at 3:41 PM, Toaster Retribution said:

Kelsier as Magneto is an atpt comparison. Same for Hoid as the Doctor. Ruin always makes me think of Fire Emblem for some reason.

Well, speaking of Fire Emblem, Kell reminds me of Arvis. (So does the Lord Ruler, interestingly.) Ruin is Loptyr and Marsh is Julius. I suppose that makes Preservation Naga. Or Sazed... Julia would probably be Vin and Elend would be Seliph... or Sigurd. I could see Spook as Shanan or Ares, even. I may also adore Geneology of the Holy War, am hoping desperately for a remake, and praying that this time it’ll be released in the US, all plot elements intact.

Comics wise: Batman (who I am convinced is a psychopath). And Vin is Cass. Saze is Alfred!! 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Willshaper-Kalak said:

Kelsier makes me think of Obi wan Kenobi but that's probably just me. But Hoid is def the doctor.

...If Obi Wan were a psychopath, a con artist and a murderer with a god complex, maybe... Nope. Still can’t see it!

(I’m guessing it’s the mentor thing. But they are really different characters.)

These days I think Kelsier is a cross between Vito and Sonny Corlione. More Sonny originally, but shifting toward being more Vito. He’s not cold enough to be Michael.