Hoid v. Ole 'Whitehair

GoWibble

Question

Do we have any information about Hoid being the person that Lift was talking about in Edgedancer that jumped into a greatshell's mouth? He did say to Jasnah at the end of WoR "I once spent the better part of a year inside of a large stomach, being digested."

5 answers to this question

here is another WoB for anyone looking (it's just the link that @Elegy gave)

Questioner

<Did the man Lift met is Hoid>?

Brandon Sanderson

It is Hoid.

In book three, right? In book three.

Oh *inaudible* Lift? *inaudible* No, that's not Hoid. So she references having talked to him but it's not someone she meets in this. In the beginning, she mentions him but he's not specifically in this. Right? Sorry, I thought you meant *inaudible*.

Questioner

*Inaudible*.

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, of course, that makes sense. But yes, so, she met him - but she talks about him, she didn't - it's not him on the street.

(From my notes:

In Edgedancer, Lift references talking to Hoid but he doesn’t show up himself there. She met him, she talks about him but he doesn't appear in Edgedancer.)

Warsaw signing (March 18, 2017)

No confirmations so far, afaik. Only the two corroborating statements of a white-haired man smiling and jumping into the maw of a Marabethian Greatshell as witnessed by Lift and Wit's statement. The dude is crazy enough to do it, it's confirmation enough for me.

Edited by Honorless