Mid-Range Game 1: The Stormfather and The Nightwatcher

Rubix

(Yeah, this is not looking good for us.  At all.)

I think it’s rather obvious to point this out, but there are only 5 non-Sharders left.  Meanwhile, there are still 4 Sharders left.  (Although, I would guess that our lynch for Trahar got through.)  I’m also almost certain that the Sharders can kill people.  So, I know I’ve said this multiple times, but we really need to unite our votes.  Right now, the Darkeyed faction has only 2 people left (one of them being me).  The Seventeenth Shard has 4, and some probably have second lives.  So… I think if we all want to survive, we might want to start killing the Sharders… like, immediately.  Discuss any plans you have on here, because we will need them.  The force of Chaos has reached its climax today.  We can’t let another three die, or else we’re completely, utterly doomed.

(But, what’s a good apocalyptic scenario without a good apocalyptic RP?)

Rengar watched the fires blaze higher and higher in the city from the window of his prison cell.  He’d been incarcerated here, put in this prison by the will of the Nightwatcher.  Separated from his last Darkeyed friends.  He’d heard terrible news recently; two more of his friends, Binnt and Jimbobdirtridbobmij, had been killed last night.  That left only Clanal.  Clanal and he were the last Darkeyes left in this storm-cursed city.  And he knew, somehow, that they would die here, as well.

Rengar has only been imprisoned for a day or so, but he already was beginning to feel weak.  The guards had barely given him any food and water to drink.  He’d heard that there was a highstorm coming soon, and decided to watch its arrival.  But all he saw so far were a few gathering clouds.  Some whistles on the wind.  Nothing terribly indicative of a highstorm.  But, highstorms would often come at the moments you least expected them.  Just like Chaos.  Sighing, Rengar sat down on his unmade bed, reaching over for his glass of water.  As he reached for the glass, he accidently bumped it, and it fell over and hit the ground, shattering into thousands of tiny fragments.

Well, I guess that’s what Chaos is, isn’t it?  Something that takes a person, coming in as a whole, and breaks them down into little individual parts.  And now, I’m just one of those parts.  One of those many, many parts.  Rengar slumped down on his bed and pulled the covers over him.  Hopefully, the next day would bring him better fortune.  Rengar frowned.  That wasn’t likely.

Rengar woke up later in the day to the sound of a clattering tray.  He sat up instantly, crawling over to the tray of food.  Suddenly, Rengar stopped and stared at the tray.  It was filled with food.  Not the terrible, crem-ridden things he’d been fed the last two days.  Real food.  Delicious fruits, meat, and even sweets.  Rengar looked up, seeing who had brought him the food.  It was Clanal.  Rengar stood up, nodding in thanks to his friend.  “You’re still alive,” Rengar said, attempting a grin.

“Yes,” Clanal replied, “for now, at least.  I overheard some conversations from the other factions.  It looks like they might be trying to kill us.”

Rengar glowered.  “What, is two us alive not enough?  Do they want to see all of the Darkeyes dead?”

“They always have, I think.”

“And what of the Sharders?” Rengar asked, looking frantic.  “Are they still alive?”

Clanal nodded.  “All four of them.”

“All –” Rengar sat down on his bead, thinking this over.  “Mad, absolutely mad,” he muttered.  “Four Sharders still alive, and they want to kill us.”  Rengar stood up, and stared at Clanal intently.  “We will find a way to survive,” he said hopefully.  “Unite them.  That’s the only tactic left for our survival.  For the survival of all the factions.  You must get them to stop their petty arguing.  There are bigger things at stake here.”

“I know,” Clanal responded, and took a glance at Rengar's cell before turning and leaving.

Anyone have any ideas as to who to lynch?  Should we stick with Trahar, or try something else?

....Game over man, Game over! ;)

Anyway, let me take a guess as to what happened here:

-Jim Bob Dirt was killed for inactivity (best case scenario he was our ardent. Things are pretty bad when that is the best case.)

-One of Bint and Twei was killed by the sharders, (or both, but if Rubix gave the sharders 2 killing weapons we can forget ever having a chance of winning). No-one but a sharder would have killed Twei, so we can guess that Bint was killed by the remaining GB amongst the Nobles and Merchants. I am reasonably sure you just killed our GB, that or Jim Bob was.

I would also guess that Trahar did take a hit from the lynch, but we cannot be certain even of that.

We should try to lynch Trahar again, if he was injured last time we might be able to kill him and we need every kill we can get. Odds are that we only have one killing role left among the nobles/merchants/darkeyes combined and that is if Twei wasn't a GB if he was we are out of killing roles and Rubix may as well call the game now. Maybe, maybe if we all work together we can survive this. But I doubt it.

For the survival of all the factions.  You must get them to stop their petty arguing.  There are bigger things at stake here.”

"Storms, I tried."

I'll go think so more, but I don't see a way out of this.

From what I can gather from the dead message, you're really not helping.

Leaving Rengar's cell Clanal walked to the empty square before the ruined temple. He paused for a moment, thinking. Then whispered intently, voice gaining confidence as he spoke "Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination. I will unite not divide. I will bring men together." He looked up and surveyed the destruction that lay before him, then he drew a deep breath and spoke.

"Come!" he shouted, his strong voice filling the square and echoing down the alleys leading into the city. He waited a moment, then spoke again, "Come!" Slowly, warily, the survivors answered the summons, creeping into the square, keeping their distance and casting suspicious glances at eachother. The sharders were easy to pick out, they sauntered into the square, confident in their strength. It did not take long for the other survivors to arrive, there was Lyla, there Khiriq and there Atrus. So few! Clanal thought. He almost gave up then and there, but he had sworn to try and he would not stop till the last breath left his body. Facing the few survivors he spoke again, his voice quieter but no less intense.

"Friend, lighteyes, merchants, lend me your ears. I did not summon you to bear the grievances of the dead, I summoned you to save the living. The voidbringers approach, they came out of the storm, burning our cities and killing our people. They come for us now and we must be ready to stand against them. You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. You and I have the courage to say to our enemies there is a price we will not pay, there is a point beyond which they must not advance.

But there is a greater threat, one that comes from within. Amongst us now stand those who would see us all dead and our civilization brought to dust. They turned us against eachother, flamed the anger between us and brought us to our knees.

We are all that is left. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; for he to-day that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother. We will be remembered in songs and legends to the end of time and worldsingers shall tell tales of our courage and strength. Together, we can face the monsters that beset us from without and within. Together we can drive them back to whence they came. We shall defend our selves against this threat, we shall not flag or fail. We shall fight on the plains, we shall fight in the streets, we shall fight on the very steps of the palace itself and we shall never surrender.

A day may come when the courage of men fails, when the voidbringers drive us from our lands and burn our legacy to the ground, but it is not this day! This day we fight! Today, we face the monsters in our midst and bring the fight to them! Today, we are cancelling the desolation!"

So it would help if you guys would actually post so we could talk about who to target...our only possible hope is to drop all conflict between us and work against the sharders together.

(I put this in a new post because it is a very different post to the one above and it is kind of important that people see it, if that is a problem I apologize.)

Good luck getting every reference in that speech ; )

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

I do not think Trahar a menace to be

And of revealing, he might only be free

the deaths identities, this a vb may him make

and communication, he can't even fake.

I also say it's Sarmas 't should die, but we won't agree .

Lyla watched the proceedings quietly, unsure of what to do. Most of her allies were dead and she was feeling horribly outnumbered now in this increasingly hostile city. She didn't know what to do. She just wanted to stay alive. It was an inspiring speech and she had a feeling this group was going to need to work together if they wanted to survive. 

"This Sarmas was a spy at some of our meetings. but he's since been scared away. I believe he's one of these otherworldly agents. If we're looking for a target to protect the city from, he seems like a good pick to me."

Clanal, that speech was excellent, and I wish I had caught more of the references in it. I see some Henry V and Pacific Rim in there...

Clanal, that speech was excellent, and I wish I had caught more of the references in it. I see some Henry V and Pacific Rim in there...

Most of them have been modified a bit (naturally) but in order:

-The "Come!" section is a reference to Roran's first speech in Eldest when he convinces the villagers to leave Carvahall. I liked that scene.

-"Friend, lighteyes, merchant,..." was from Mark Antony's speech in Shakespear's Julius Ceaser. I made it friend instead of friends because there is only 1 other darkeyes left :P

-The next one I didn't expect anyone to get, "they came out of the storm,..." and "You and I have a rendezvous with destiny,..." are from a fairly awesome trailer for the game Firefall. Not a famous speech, but it felt equally awesome to me :)

-"We are all that is left." is actually a reference to another Firefall trailer. (The game has some awesome trailers, K?)

-"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;..." another Shakespeare quote from Henry V.

-"we shall not flag or fail. We shall fight them on the plains,..." -Winston Churchil "We shall fight on the beaches"

-"A day may come when the courage of men fails,..., but it is not this day! This day we fight!" - Aragorn at the final battle at the gates of Mordor LoTR

-"...Today, we are cancelling the desolation!" - Pacific Rim

So, yeah, I was really just trying to take from as many epic speeches as I could and make it a cohesive speech.

So Sarams has taken a hit then? Sounds like a good target to me.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Slowly Magam crept out from the shadows looking ragged and disheveled, his once fine clothing torn and ripped in many places, stained and dirtied from endless nights hiding out in random, empty buildings. Several people stopped and stared as he limped by them, covering their mouths while whispering and pointing at him, spreading tales about various deeds and misdeeds he had performed. Some of them were true, but many more were lies and exaggerations that had spread like the fires and riots through Kholinar.

"Shadows," he muttered to himself, still to weak to talk loudly, "I should have just stayed in the forests. So what if it was Hell? Sitting in the bloody dark, being too afraid to run or even strike a simple spark is still better than dealing with these storms and this unbearably droll world."

Setting the fires had been fun at first, of course, there was a definite undeniable pleasure of being able to strike a spark freely and break the other two of the Three Laws as well. Slitting the one child's throat a few days back had been when he was still feeling the Thrill of his new found freedom, but it had quickly lost it's charm. Sparing the child from the Chaos that had ensued throughout the city was a weak excuse, Magam, knew, but it was still what he told himself going forward.

Lucy watched everything from the shadows. No one noticed her, partly because she looked unthreatening, but also partly because she was currently drab. She had stored all of her breath in the glove she wore over her safe hand. She had never been able to stand wearing that ridiculous sleeve. These people had an even stranger idea of modesty than Idrians.

It worried her that now everyone blamed her friends for the mess that had become of the city. Already, two had been killed. They hadn't started it, although she had to admit that none of them had done much to stop it. But that was because everyone else assumed their own way was right instead of turning the city over to people who had seen such things before.

THESE WORDS ARE ACCEPTED!!!

The sound shook Lyla to the core, and made her fear for the curse that would soon be upon her. She felt her eyes ripple under her eyelids, and as she looked down at her hands, she saw that her skin was starting to lose its color.

Let's put a smile on that face, came a voice in her mind. Was she going crazy, or was she turning grey? Were both her curse?

"Silly ardent, you really shouldn't have prayed this night," uttered Magam as he strolled up behind Lyla. "Should you have protected yourself instead, you wouldn't be in this position. Surely by now you're wondering about the lack of color in your skin and the voice in your mind. Sorry to be the one to tell you, but neither is your curse."

Magam raised the sword Slaughter to Lyla's throat and continued, "See, Slaughter here needs to eat, and you're what's on the menu for tonight. Solace for you lies only in that I can promise you that your death is for a greater purpose." Wetting Slaughter with Lyla's blood brought Magam no pleasure, though he suspected that it did bring some to the sword.

The rest of the group rounded the corner, and Rengar proclaimed, "Clanal has been dealt with, Magam."

"So? Surely you aren't expecting a cookie, are you? Seventeenth sharders do what is needed, without expectation of reward. Seeing as you haven't dragged this task through the crem, however, I can say that you've officially passed the initiation."

"Then it is time?" asked Lucy.

"So it is," Magam replied.

The group turned and started off towards the manor of the Steward of Kholin.

As they approached the manor, Lord Xeneth approached them, still wearing that idiotic hat of his, with his shardblade held over his shoulder, like he was under the impression that he was some kind of soldier.

"Those kids are at it again! Wasting the glyphmaster's time and resources," Xeneth exclaimed, as he shoved a bit of parchment towards Magam's face that appeared to read ".-.. -.-- .-.. .- / .. ... / .- / -.- -. .. --. .... - / .-- .... --- / ... .- -.-- ... / -. .. .-.-.- / ..-. .-. --- -- / .... --..-- / -.-"

"Sir, I mean, my lord, are you aware that you aren't wearing pants?" Magam asked.

"I'm not? Oh my! It appears that I'm not. I can't even remember the last time I put them on, now that I think of it..."

"Since you started wearing that wonderful new hat, my lord. Seek we for your forgiveness, lord, but we have business to be about. Should you find that you have some free time, however, it appears that Atrus should probably be cut down," Magam replied, indicating towards where Atrus' corpse was hung out upside down, with a glyph that read "Ghostblood" branded into his chest.

"Of course, friends. Be on your way, and may the Almighty bless your path."

"Thank you so much, lord" Sarams replied.

They continued on into the manor, and entered the Steward's audience chamber without a guard in sight.

"STEWARD!!!" called Magam. "Surely you've been turning a blind eye to the havoc that has struck your city this past week!"

"Magam, we must do this properly," cautioned Trahar as he grabbed the scroll from his sling.

"Lord Khiriq, you are hereby charged with the neglect of the city that was placed under your stewardship, and by so doing, endangered the furthest reaches of the cosmere," Trahar read. "How do you plead?"

"Guilty," sobbed Khiriq, his head in his hands, tears streaming down his cheeks.

"The punishment for this crime is death, to be administered at the hand of a member of the organization. Magam, if you would?"

"Slaughter, it's time to show them why the 's' in your name is silent!" Magam cackled, as Khiriq drew his last breath.

• (WeiryWriter) Weiriah (Darkeyes, Shamed Guard)
  • (Lightsworn Panda) Jain (Merchant, Ghostblood)
  • (Gamma Fiend) Magam (Seventeenth Shard, Merchant spying on Nobles)
  • (Tulir) Trahar (Seventeenth Shard, Noble spying on Darkeyes)
  • (FeatherWriter) Lyla (Merchant, Ardent)
  • (Ashiok) Asphodel (Darkeyes, False Voidbringer)
  • (Renegade) Rengar (Darkeyes -> Seventeenth Shard, Freed Bridgeman)
  • (Mailliw73) Mailam (Noble, Worldsinger)
  • (Binnut) Binnt (Darkeyes, Ghostblood)
  • (Macen) Ace (Merchant, Shamed Guard)
  • (AonarFaileas) Aonar (Seventeenth Shard -> Darkeyes, Darkeyes spying on Merchant)
  • (jasonpenguin) Peng (Merchant, Worldsinger)
  • (twelfthrootoftwo) Twei (Merchant, Apothecary)
  • (a smart guy) Sarmas (Seventeenth Shard, Darkeyes spying on Merchant)
  • (Adolin_Dustbringer) Jim Bob Dirt (Darkeyes, Ardent)
  • (GreyPilgrim) Greyeh Pilgras (Noble, Ardent)
  • (Alvron) Rolav (Noble, Shamed Guard)
  • (firstRainbowRose) Hinah (Noble, False Voidbringer)
  • (lord Claincy Ffnord) Clanal (Darkeyes, Worldsinger)
  • (Wyrmhero) Heron (Seventeenth Shard, Merchant spying on Darkeyes)
  • (Sphinx) Nixi (Merchant, Voidbringer)
  • (dants) Atrus (Noble, Ghostblood)
  • (Sir Jerric) Jerrek (Noble, Voidbringer)
  • (jaelre) Khiriq (Noble, Steward)
  • (luckat) Lucy (Seventeenth Shard, Noble spying on Merchant)
  • (Awesomeness Summoned) Mon (Merchant, False Voidbringer)
  • (Kasimir) Kasimar (Darkeyes, Voidbringer)

Well played by all, and congratulations to the Seventeenth Shard on their victory! At this point, if you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask. I'm going to be a much more open book now that the game is over. I'd also like to apologize publicly to Mon, who died a day early to my spacing his delayed death. Thanks so much to everyone for playing!

(I will be writing more later, including all the docs and info about the boons and curses. My hands need a break.)

Edited by Alvron

Thanks for such an awesome game, Rubix :)

The S is silent... I can't believe I only just got that part of the curse. ;)

This game kind of neatly wound down to a fairly even state of play right at the end. The bit which changed everything was Rengar not actually being a Darkeye anymore (which I absolutely loved as a symmetrical curse), right at the end. A particularly large part of this end-state was Slaughter, and how it worked. Its boon and curse were pretty much perfect for S17, and worked well despite the fact that it was a two-kill boon. Indeed, it seems as though a two-kill item was necessary to get the game to this point. Had you already decided that this would be how a kill boon would have worked, and if not, how would you have changed it for one of the other factions asking for a kill boon?

Also, a question of vital import. Did we get the longest Google doc award?

Edited by Wyrmhero

Super quick question: Should I still speak with my curse, or am I free of it's reign now that the game is over? :P Slightly surprised that nobody noticed all of my Sentences Starting with 'S's since Day 3. *shrugs* So once I get a clarification on whether I'm still Cursed or not, I can start typing up an analytical post of the game and all what transpired.

Super well played though, everyone! Shadows, we 17S we quite scared at a few different points and Rengar's curse to join the 17S was probably the only way we were able to turn it out. Slaughter, my Awakened Sword, worked by giving me a Kill, but I also had to 'feed' somebody from either of the teams I was Loyal to to power it. So every night I effectively fed it with a Merchant. Sorry about that, guys. >.<

Great game to everyone, and thanks for creating and GMing it, Rubix. I really enjoyed the view from the dead doc ;)

Speaking of GMs, thanks also, Wilson. It was...interesting, in the dead doc, and I'd definitely say you didn't make it boring.

Echoing King's question about the longest Google doc award. Invested minds wish to know :P

Edited by Kasimir

Thank you all for the nice game. I was so played for a fool. I wish I could say I did wrap my head around it in the end, but it would be lies.

Only positive thing I can say about me is that I was (briefly) "Khiriq, the ghost whistler".

I probably should have done that sooner, if anything for the fun factor.  And forgive my terrible attempt at whistling, whoever listened to that.

I'm asking the more tactical inclined, did we get killed by our lack of communication?

I forgot to add this: props to Rengar and Rubix for that creative curse :P With some prodding from Wilson, King and I figured it just before the write-up came out and proceeded to feel...well, I was speechless, King was utterly amused.

I bet the other darkeyes are feeling extremely betrayed at the moment :P Very quickly: all the curses have symmetry. In asking for Aonar to become a member of the darkeyes, Rengar's curse was that Aonar died (Ashiok's boon) and that he became a member of the 17s. (Effectively, player transfer.)

Jaelre: That's Aonar and Wyrmhero, who spent a few hours in the dead doc figuring it out ;) And I love that pun. I'm not so tactically inclined, but yes, I would think so. That's my read on the situation. I'm also kicking myself for not spending my Voidbringer PM on someone from a different faction, because the fact we all spent so much time RPing and faffing around rather than communicating really allowed 17s to sit back and let us cut each other's throats. (Mostly, with the exception of the WoD.)

If you look in the dead docs, you'll see at one point, Wilson notes that you guys should've banded against the faction with the most staying power, i.e. the darkeyes. I'm not 100% convinced of that as I still feel the 17s was a bigger threat at that point in time. But one of the dead tweets almost put the point like this: storming communicate. [A slightly edited version of what the tweet almost said.] If the 17s can see what you're putting in your docs anyway, your only hopes at a majority and to kill them was really to work together, and publicly. Yes, the backstab roulette would've come eventually, but given that you were the Steward, you were one of the players in a unique position of leadership, to facilitate communication. If the Ardent had protected you from lynches, you were effectively immune to any killing ability the 17s could've mustered, as long as you guys had maintained vote supremacy. With Rengar's transfer...I'd say most of us didn't see that coming, and maybe that would've changed things. Just a few thoughts at any rate. I am open to correction.

Edited by Kasimir

Thank you all for the nice game. I was so played for a fool. I wish I could say I did wrap my head around it in the end, but it would be lies.

Only positive thing I can say about me is that I was (briefly) "Khiriq, the ghost whistler".

I probably should have done that sooner, if anything for the fun factor.  And forgive my terrible attempt at whistling, whoever listened to that.

I'm asking the more tactical inclined, did we get killed by our lack of communication?

It was Aonar and I who listened to it and deciphered it. We got the second and third messages, but not the first one in its entirety. At first, since Rubix said 'for your viewing pleasure', we thought you'd had a discussion with him about whistling or something. :P The reason you didn't get a proper reply was because it was only Kas and I online today, for the most part, so we weren't exactly inclined to answer you. :P

And I would've said you were probably killed by a lack of communication, yeah. Soon as your information was compromised to such a degree, you should've been making it public, I think.

Though you would've had it in the end, probably, if Rengar hadn't applied for a transfer (and got put on the winning side, I note. Well played, Rengar, even if you didn't mean to do that :P). There was almost no discussion on the threads other than near the end with Rengar claiming that he couldn't get on his doc anymore. I think the first group that would have suggested a lynch on here would've probably gotten it through, and that way you could've at least tried to stop the Shard from getting each faction to vote different ways and thus choose who to go for.

I forgot to add this: props to Rengar and Rubix for that creative curse :P With some prodding from Wilson, King and I figured it just before the write-up came out and proceeded to feel...well, I was speechless, King was utterly amused.

So, so amused...

Edited by Wyrmhero

Curses, I knew I should have prayed to join the 17S instead of the Darkeyes... And turns out the one time I don't use my ardent power to protect myself is the night I die, sigh. Held out to the very end though!

It was actually kind of hilarious because we (the people watching from the dead doc) believed--but weren't sure--that if you'd used your Ardent power to protect yourself again, Gamma's kill might not have gone through. The sacrifice seemed to be necessary to trigger the death of another player, although it would still have been pretty much endgame by that point, with the Shard outnumbering all of you.

I'm not sure if Gamma had previously tried to sacrifice you. Gamma, could you confirm if it bounced off Feather's use of her Ardent ability but the kill still went through?

Slaughters rules were it needed someone to Feed off of to work. So it was two(?) nights ago I tried feeding off Lyla but the Ardent power protects from that as well, so since her feed didn't go through I didn't make a kill that evening.

Ah, I wondered if that was what happened. I was making bets on Twei or Lyla dying, and then neither did that night, and I was very confused. :P

Edited by Wyrmhero

Ah, I wondered if that was what happened. I was making bets on Twei or Lyla dying, and then neither did that night, and I was very confused. :P

It was about time for someone other than Khas to lose a bet. :P

Also.....Khas and Wyrm. Yes. You won. By a little over 2k words. I'd say this was unfortunate, except that this was partially brought on by my trolling, so.....I don't feel so bad. ;)

It was about time for someone other than Khas to lose a bet. :P

Also.....Khas and Wyrm. Yes. You won. By a little over 2k words. I'd say this was unfortunate, except that this was partially brought on by my trolling, so.....I don't feel so bad. ;)

KING! DID YOU HEAR THAT? WE MADE IT! WE MADE IT!

And I still maintain I'm disappointed that the WoD turned out to be a vanilla Awakened sword rather than a Panzerkampfwagen E-100. Sigh, ten broams... :P

Edited by Kasimir

KING! DID YOU HEAR THAT? WE MADE IT! WE MADE IT!

I feel so proud :D

Shame most of it's nonsense that should probably be stripped out for people wanting to read it in the future. >>

Rengar stared at the city of Kholinar sprawled far beneath him.  The fires that had consumed the city were gone.  All that was left, it seemed, was peace.  Rengar took out an emerald broam from his pocket, and breathed in a bit of Stormlight to keep him aloft.

There was a time when he had been insane.  When he had been helpless.  That felt like so long ago.  He was a Bridgeman once, and had been beaten, wounded, and nearly killed on the Shattered Plains.  But now, looking back on it, he was glad that he had been through all of the pain.  He had become the strongest man in Kholinar.  He had survived multiple attempts on his life.  He had had built up Chaos, and destroyed it.

Rengar dismissed the Basic Lashing he had put on himself, and he fell down towards Kholinar, seeing the triangle-shaped city grow larger in his view.  Before he hit the rooftop of a large building, he Lashed himself partially upwards, allowing him to float down onto the roof.  Rengar frowned, looking around at the other structures nearby.  They were all in ruins.  That is the way of Chaos, of course.  Destruction, obliteration… It’s too bad I didn’t realize who the real source of Chaos was until the end.  The Seventeenth Shard was never the source of Chaos.  They were just the ones trying to stop it.  Maybe if I’d realized that sooner, this all could have been avoided…

But Rengar had chosen the law.  The law before all else.  For it was the laws of Kholinar that had prevented Chaos.  The riots had destroyed these laws, and sowed Chaos.  And now, he had to be the one to restore them.

Rengar looked at the broken buildings around him and sighed.  Well, I guess I’d better get started…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great job, everyone!  This was a really fun game!

The funny thing is that when I asked for my boon I actually considered that I might be converted to the 17S team.  It seemed like something that the Nightwatcher/Rubix would do.  I’m actually really lucky that Asphodel had killed Aonar off that turn, or else it would have made things far more difficult.  But yeah, this ended up being a fun game.  Especially the betrayal part.  ß(I didn’t say that.  Obviously.)

(And now I really want to know what was going on in the dead doc…)

(And now I really want to know what was going on in the dead doc…)

Isn't it obvious? :P A dance party. Which you missed. We broke out the disco balls by the time the first (and only) Sharder trekked in, ready to answer to Awes and myself.