Hello, I am Adonalsium's third cousin thrice removed

I am called many names. Some call me Vainamoinen, others Vainomander, yet others call me Vainonalsium-son-son-Vainonalsium (aka Vainonalsium the Third), but you may merely call me Vain. I, Vainamoinen/Vainomander/Vainonalsium, humbly request that you give me all of your Investiture for research purposes (and also for conquest, I guess). On a more serious note (as serious as I can manage), I am excited to be part of this community and am looking forward to having in-depth conversations about the Cosmere... Right after I finish Mistborn real quick. I like languages and linguistics, among many, MANY other things. Anyway... hello!

4 minutes ago, Invocation said:

Is that a Finnish mythology joke?

That's the reason all my usernames have Vain in them.

25 minutes ago, Llstml said:

Welcome to the shard Vain! mistborn series are you reading, the second or the first?

I've only read the first Mistborn book, and that without the attention it deserves, so I plan to do a reread of that and then read the rest of Mistborn (both Era 1 and 2)

On 11/16/2019 at 8:05 PM, ebfritz said:

Welcome! What is your favorite character so far?

If you mean in Mistborn, Kelsier. If you mean in the entirety of the Cosmere, here are all the ones I'm tied on: Vasher, Hoid, Vivenna (her character arc is amazing), Dalinar, Kaladin, Jasnah, and Kelsier (duh). @ebfritz