Parshendi Ocean Form

Dancer

We know that there is Spren that live in the sea so is it possible that the Parshendi, if they attract the right Spren could transform into a Merman type form. If this is possible I could imagine a scenario were a group of Parshendi go sick of all the constant desolation's and escaped to the sea were the Fused and Heralds wouldn't be able to find them. 

Edited by Dancer

Yup I would not be surprised if there were more than one group that decided that their ancestors were crazy and they just wanted to escape from desolations.. 

already their forms grant them Inhuman abilities like jumping across chasms, I don’t see why not the ability to breathe under water.. 

It's a great idea, but that civilization can't be too huge since that would manifest Roshar's Shadesmar to a notable degree and 1) it doesn't look that way on the map and 2) it wouldn't be a secret to the spren and worldhoppers - which would also include the Heralds and Fused, in a way.

Edited by Elegy

4 hours ago, Elegy said:

It's a great idea, but that civilization can't be too huge since that would manifest Roshar's Shadesmar to a notable degree and 1) it doesn't look that way on the map and 2) it wouldn't be a secret to the spren and worldhoppers - which would also include the Heralds and Fused, in a way.

This was the 1st thing I wondered about when I saw this topic.  I honestly don't see any reason why this couldn't work. Well maybe one, on a world of mostly ocean can you imagine what the sea predators are like? Anyway was wondering how this might show up in Shadesmar considering that water = obsidian there.

Here's a WoB about ocean civilizations:

Questioner

If you're an aquatic civilization on Roshar, would the oceans match the oceans? ...Because of all the spheres...

Brandon Sanderson

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've never been asked that before. That's an excellent question... I think it would have some weird different manifestation in Shadesmar, depending on their culture, and the way they view the world.

11 hours ago, Elegy said:

Perhaps they just swim around in schools always moving instead of staying in one spot. I would assume the populations wouldn't be that big because, you know, the massive sea predictors that live in the ocean's.  

• Chaos locked this topic