I indeed exist

danox46

9 minutes ago, The traveller said:

Dislike not hate.. I don’t hate him guys!! I just did not want to read as much about him! Characters I like in Mistborn are Elend, Vin and Sazed

so I had thought the storyline of Urteau will have sazed in the lead but instead I got spook! I found him to be whiny and too desperate to prove himself, stalkery and he almost doomed the city but yea then he saved it too but I felt that his savantism that he caused himself as recklessness!! I don’t know if I can explain it properly but I did not like him much..

Those are good points. But I think you might be underestimating how important was Spook's faith to Sazed. It was bigger than Urteau in my opinion. That recklessness was key to Sazed ascension.

@danox46 I know that the genius taravangian who created the diagram will ultimately redeem himself but the “above average intelligence taravangian” who interprets the diagrams and plans mass assassinations and jah keved civil war and kills people for death rattles in his own hospitals, I want to hate him...

I come from a family of doctors, I have lived in a hospital my whole childhood, for me, that whole death rattle business is Unforgivable!

Edited by The traveller

4 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Time for the easy questions!

@danox46, who's your favourite Cosmere character? And your favourite magic system? And favourite Radiant Order?

Top is Vin, I like Kaladan too. As for secondaries you can probably guess is Ym. Magic system would be ferrochemy. And order of Radiant would be Edgedancers. How about you?

4 minutes ago, danox46 said:

Those are good points. But I think you might be underestimating how important was Spook's faith to Sazed. It was bigger than Urteau in my opinion. That recklessness was key to Sazed ascension.

Yes I agree. He is not unimportant to the plot at all. In fact, his discovery about the metal piercings and ruin’s influence was super important without which all would have been lost!

14 minutes ago, danox46 said:

Top is Vin, I like Kaladan too. As for secondaries you can probably guess is Ym. Magic system would be ferrochemy. And order of Radiant would be Edgedancers. How about you?

My favourite characters are Shai, Kal, Vin & Elend and also Ishikk for some reason keeps growing on me. I also liked Kaza and Rysn but those might've been the worldbuilding

My favourite magic system is Surgebinding. It has so much power and the how you access it is just beautiful.

My favourite Order of the Knights Radiant are the Lightweavers for the idea of speaking Truths rather than Oaths.

Edited by Honorless

9 minutes ago, The traveller said:

@danox46 I know that the genius taravangian who created the diagram will ultimately redeem himself but the “above average intelligence taravangian” who interprets the diagrams and plans mass assassinations and jah keved civil war and kills people for death rattles in his own hospitals, I want to hate him...

Ohhhh yeah, I can't argue with that.

1 minute ago, danox46 said:

Ohhhh yeah, I can't argue with that.

Yes but still can not hate him because he is so old and so desperately trying to save humanity in his own misguided way.. Also the physical and mental ordeal that he endured because of the NW boon and bane... 

12 minutes ago, danox46 said:

My favourite is kaladin, elend and vin too.. Surgebinding and I really like windrunners and elsecallers

7 minutes ago, danox46 said:

What about your thought on the spiritual realm. I had a discussion about that on Reddit that was kind of disappointing. But, it also was just before Oathbringer, where we got a message from the soul of a regular person (Evi) 

Oh there's a theory that what he heard was her lingering Spiritweb in the Spiritual Realm.

21 minutes ago, Honorless said:

@danox46 what was the first Cosmere book you read? Who introduced you to the Cosmere? 

I actually started with The Hero of Ages xD then I was hooked. I was visiting my mom and she got it to me without realizing it was the third of a series. I almost didn't read because of that. So lucky I was bored.

Just now, danox46 said:

I actually started with The Hero of Ages xD then I was hooked. I was visiting my mom and she got it to me without realizing it was the third of a series. I almost didn't read because of that. So lucky I was bored.

You started with the third book? Lol

But yeah, Mistborn was my entrypoint too 

4 minutes ago, The traveller said:

Brandon says that after a person dies and passes on to the beyond, their spiritual aspect takes time to vanish from the spiritual realm. 

Do you have the link to that WoB? I want to pin down the differences between the "beyond" and the spiritual realm.

Argent

Is death in the Cosmere a two-stage process? It seems to me like (under normal circumstances) the body dies first, sending the mind fully in the Cognitive Realm; the soul, presumably, remains in the Spiritual for the entire process. I am a little unclear on what happens after that though - what is it that passes into the Beyond, just the mind? Does the soul / spiritual aspect / Spiritweb just kind of... break down in the Spiritual Realm, turn into free iInvestiture?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes. It's a two stage process, and most of what you said is correct. The odd thing is, though, that the Spiritweb doesn't completely break down (just like your body doesn't immediately break down.) Even after a long time, there's a record of that Spiritweb in the Spiritual Realm.

Oversleep

Wait wait wait. If there is a "corpse" of Spiritweb (so to speak) and actual, physical corpse is also there... Could it be still viable for Hemalurgy? Could it be still viable for Hemalurgy if you really know what you're doing and have some useful powers (manipulating Connection comes to mind)?

Could you patch the remnants of the Spiritweb and staple it to the body and end up with some zombie-zombie Lifeless? You'd still need to give it a mind but I figure Awakening is just doing that?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO.