What is your Wildest Cosmere Theory??

Lunu’anaki

If you use feruchemical aluminum then you could theoretically individually store all 16 shards of adonalsium then tap them all at once effectively forcing all 16 shards of adonalsium to make you a vessel of not only 1 shard but all 16. 

Also another aluminum theory, if you trap a spren one that can make a radiant so not a minor one in aluminum that would store the spren in an aluminum knife. You then can tap that spren's identity and could possibly become a radiant for a short time. Obviously not as long lasting as using hemalurgy but stealing radiant powers via hemalurgy is insanely hard seeing as you first have to spike both the spren and the radiant with a spike then spike yourself.

You make a fabrial that captures a spren but makes it so the spren can still use it's powers. Then the spren makes the fabrial self aware and the fabrial is merely the way of controlling the spren. Then the fabrial is a radiant who has full access to its powers immediately because it's mostly the spren who is working through the fabrial instead of a human Radiant. Incase the fabrial in tough armor and have a quick army of radiants without training, oaths, or human squishiness. 

12 hours ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

Also another aluminum theory, if you trap a spren one that can make a radiant so not a minor one in aluminum that would store the spren in an aluminum knife. You then can tap that spren's identity and could possibly become a radiant for a short time. Obviously not as long lasting as using hemalurgy but stealing radiant powers via hemalurgy is insanely hard seeing as you first have to spike both the spren and the radiant with a spike then spike yourself.

Also, that might make the knife into a shard knife.

shard knifes for everyone!

12 hours ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

Obviously not as long lasting as using hemalurgy but stealing radiant powers via hemalurgy is insanely hard seeing as you first have to spike both the spren and the radiant with a spike then spike yourself.

How would you even spike a spren as you can't really touch one and can't see them if they don't want you to. A spike would just go through them especially since investure resists other inventure. 

1 minute ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

How would you even spike a spren as you can't really touch one and can't see them if they don't want you to. A spike would just go through them especially since investure resists other inventure. 

Exactly, that is why it would be so hard. We don't even know if you could outside of theoretics.

2 hours ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

You cant do it in the Physical Realm because they arent native, but you can in Shadesmar where they have their own native forms and substance.  There was a WOB to this effect (strongly supported but didnt outright confirm, if I recall correctly)  but I cannot find it at the moment, sorry.

20 hours ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

Obviously not as long lasting as using hemalurgy but stealing radiant powers via hemalurgy is insanely hard seeing as you first have to spike both the spren and the radiant with a spike then spike yourself.

You don’t spike the spren. The spike rips the spiritweb (soul) of the target then when it implanted it overwrites your spirit web. You only rip off the parts that bond and give it to yourself 

5 hours ago, AceGambit said:

You don’t spike the spren. The spike rips the spiritweb (soul) of the target then when it implanted it overwrites your spirit web. You only rip off the parts that bond and give it to yourself 

Does this cause the rest of the spren to die or only the part that was bonded thus converting it back to less intelligence and go back to Cognitive realm?

56 minutes ago, Kelsier'sGodComplex said:

Plastic is now an allomantic metal.

Tangentially, reminds me of the idea of Allomantic chewing gum; gum with metal powder mixed in that an Allomancer can chew on and slowly swallow metal powder to keep themselves fuelled for the slow-burn metals like copper or tin.

On 11/11/2019 at 0:38 PM, Belzedar said:

The first book Mistborn Era 3 will open with a bank robbery. A coinshot bank robber will be flying over the city with a sack of money under one arm, raining bills down on the people below. The actual first line of narration will be:

"Cash fell from the sky."

By Era 4 when we get that sweet, sweet Cosmere crossover:

Spoiler

Kaladin's Shash brand will be so famous, that future shock troopers from Roshar will brand it on themselves to show off their courage and skill. When they drop down to Scadrial, the first sentence of Mistborn Era 4 will be:

"Shash fell from the sky." 

14 hours ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

Does this cause the rest of the spren to die or only the part that was bonded thus converting it back to less intelligence and go back to Cognitive realm?

IMO it would cause it to go less intelligent while the spike wasn’t being used. I don’t think it would be happy with the new bond and you would need to honour the bond or risk killing the spren

On 1/9/2020 at 6:22 PM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

All right here is my dumb theory from an insignificant chapter. 

Recall the chapter in Words of Radiance were Kaldin is trying to ride a horse and he doesn't like the horse. The horse is also not very curappative. Now before they were an order the would be Windrunners thought horses were very slow, cumbersome method of travel. They were always trying to make horses go faster or find more practical methods of travel. This made the horses resent the Windrunners and vise versa. 

The Windrunners learned to fly and completely forgot horses and were otherwise rude to them. 

Now when Kaldin was trying to ride both him and the horse instinctively sensed this and had a natural disrespect toward each other. This being Kaladin's hatred of riding and the disrespect of the horse.  

Also in The Well of Ascension The following scene takes place:

"Oh, it's quite easy-if you aren't afraid of horses."

"I'm not afraid of them," Vin said. "They just don't like me. They know I can outrun them, and that makes them surly"

Obviously Mistborn also have horse issues. Maybe it's not only that Windrunners hate horses but all people that can outrun the things. And likewise horses don't like people who can outrun them.

2 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

Here's one I've been mulling over for the last couple of years:

The Dustbringers shattered the plains around Natanatan, 

Possible, as its described as the cracks arent forced apart more that the ground dissolved, if I remember correctly 

i was thinking it was a dawn shard or it was the splintering of honour manifested in the physical realm...

oh, if the same thing happened on Elantris it could be the reason the gulf opened and caused issues with the magic system 

Once I convinced myself that Vax was actually Scadrial all along. I don’t know what my reasoning was, but it was around 1am and I couldn’t sleep and I was sure that Vax was Scadrial. 

Edit: Okay, maybe because it was because of Ati’s “Vax?” at the end of Secret History. I think I might’ve thought: “but what if Scadrial was originally Vax, but then its name changed for some reason but Ati doesn’t know about it”. Not very solid logic, but at 1am it probably seemed like it. 

Edited by The Awakened Salad

14 hours ago, AceGambit said:

Theory: Hoid is the weapon that shattered Adonalsium

Hmm

We have it directly from one of the Shards, in one of the reply “letters to Hoid” in the chapter headings, that he was offered a Shard at the Shattering but turned it down. I guess he still could have been a human catalyst of some kind though, perhaps either unwilling or unwitting.

1 hour ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

You can fill a gemstone with stormlight then coat it in metal, swallow it, and then burn it allomantically.

Resulting in ...       Well, something pretty darn awesome.

To be fair, a lot of colors in gems are made by metallic impurities inside the crystal lattice. So... Maybe you can burn those if it's an Allomantic metal, while having the gemstone be filled with Stormlight. :o

6 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

To be fair, a lot of colors in gems are made by metallic impurities inside the crystal lattice. So... Maybe you can burn those if it's an Allomantic metal, while having the gemstone be filled with Stormlight. :o

Most gemstones are aluminium oxide (Al2O3) with impurity’s creating the colour. The aluminium absorbs the investiture, the oxygen creates a buffer allowing for investiture storage

On 15/01/2020 at 2:26 AM, Karger said:

Since there is no limit to how much breath a person can have at any given time you can ascend to the shard endowment by breath compounding.

As much as I love this idea. Breath IS investiture not an ability (not the correct term) controlled by investiture.

although, you could store ‘health’/‘wellness’ in a metalmind and visit Braise, to make yourself sick... with enough fine control you could guarantee you never recover!  

20 hours ago, AceGambit said:

As much as I love this idea. Breath IS investiture not an ability (not the correct term) controlled by investiture.

You can store breath in a nicrosil metalmind.  This is actually least crazy part of my theory.

On 11/11/2019 at 1:00 AM, Lunu’anaki said:

What is your most insane, ridiculous, or otherwise unfounded Cosmere theory that you just can't get out of your head?

I'll start:

Hoid's gift to be where he needs to is an attempt by Adonalsium to have Hoid gather a bit of every shards investiture and prime him as a Vessel for every shard at once. Hoid will become Hoidonalsium.

I honestly came here to espouse the same theory. I think is very actively trying to get every Shard's investiture so he can become a Vessel for all or most.