What is your Wildest Cosmere Theory??

Lunu’anaki

Just now, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

Do the Windrunners have problems with other modes of transportation, like chulls? Maybe they hate not just horses but all animals and creatures used for travel solely because the Windrunners know that they themselves are capable of the fastest travel known to man (not counting oathgates because... well they're oathgates). I would like to see an instance of a windrunner or multiple Windrunners having qualms about traveling by chull.

This would be interesting though there isn't a lot of place to travel by chull know that  they live in the tower and are traveling across countries. But yes they probably would hate it. 

Also another interesting (at least to me) theory that has already been proved wrong, I just like it is that if you are/were a Knight Radiant who broke one or more of your oaths you you can no longer travel through oathgates. hence the name OATHgate.

Yes, I know this theory is terrible and probably disproved but i kind of like it.

34 minutes ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

Also another interesting (at least to me) theory that has already been proved wrong, I just like it is that if you are/were a Knight Radiant who broke one or more of your oaths you you can no longer travel through oathgates. hence the name OATHgate.

Yes, I know this theory is terrible and probably disproved but i kind of like it.

What would happen if they tried to go through an oathgate? 

And it is disproved because Kladin goes through the Oathgates after he broke his oaths and lost the ability to breathe Stormlight. 

Edited by Ricocheting Windrunner

Alright, so what if a Forger forged stamped a shardblade with the history that it is alive and never died. The shardblade would become a living spren again and bond to the person it was connected to making that person a Knight Radiant. 

Basically one can forge stamp a shardblade alive again. If it wasn't godmetal of course

7 hours ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

Alright, so what if a Forger forged stamped a shardblade with the history that it is alive and never died. The shardblade would become a living spren again and bond to the person it was connected to making that person a Knight Radiant. 

Basically one can forge stamp a shardblade alive again. If it wasn't godmetal of course

I like that theory

So I know that Earth has nothing to do with the cosmere but this is still fun to think about. 

Earth used to be one continent and this is Adonalsium before the Shattering. So the earth split into the seven continents and it's fun to imaging what shards would have gone to what continents, when Adonalsium split. 

1 minute ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

So I know that Earth has nothing to do with the cosmere but this is still fun to think about. 

Earth used to be one continent and this is Adonalsium before the Shattering. So the earth split into the seven continents and it's fun to imaging what shards would have gone to what continents, when Adonalsium split. 

What would america's shards be?

12 minutes ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

Odium would preside over all 7 continents

That's probably true

6 minutes ago, garlick said:

Ingenuity?

That would make sense in a lot of aspects. Ambition would also be pretty prominent I suspect

12 hours ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

Investiture resists investiture, shard plate and Shardblades are naturally invested objects. They couldn’t be stamped... the fallen radiant, however, could be stamped. S/He never broke their oath. Although s/he would need to be still living. 

Oh! Wait!!!

does this mean soul casting and forging are essentially the same. Most soulcasters ‘internet’ is only to change the ‘bead’ from one matter to another but forgets intent, the stamp, gives very detailed information about how it should change. 

Theory: with the right ‘intent’ a soulcaster (surgebinder not fabrial) could essentially forge an objects history!

9 hours ago, AceGambit said:

Oh! Wait!!!

does this mean soul casting and forging are essentially the same. Most soulcasters ‘internet’ is only to change the ‘bead’ from one matter to another but forgets intent, the stamp, gives very detailed information about how it should change. 

Theory: with the right ‘intent’ a soulcaster (surgebinder not fabrial) could essentially forge an objects history!

I believe at some point in Arcanum unbound at "The Emperor's Soul" end note Brandon Sanderson addresses its similarities and differences with soulcasting.

Great job figuring that out on your own.

So someone creates a fabrial that is capable of sucking in  a large amount of Stormlight and holding it for a long time. A radiant takes it into storm and allows the fabrial to suck in the entire highstorms worth of stormlight. The Radiant can gradually draw stormlight out of the fabrial and have an entire highstorm in one small gem which will last for an incredibly long time. An entire highstorm worth of stormlight! 

1 minute ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

So someone creates a fabrial that is capable of sucking in  a large amount of Stormlight and holding it for a long time. A radiant takes it into storm and allows the fabrial to suck in the entire highstorms worth of stormlight. The Radiant can gradually draw stormlight out of the fabrial and have an entire highstorm in one small gem which will last for an incredibly long time. An entire highstorm worth of stormlight! 

How will the fabrial suck in ALL of the stormlight? 

If you can get over that problem then it would be like a radiant carrying a highstorm around in his/her pocket.

10 minutes ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

If you can get over that problem then it would be like a radiant carrying a highstorm around in his/her pocket.

That's a good way to put it I kinda rambled. But yes it would be that amount of stormlight in one gem. 

10 minutes ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

How will the fabrial suck in ALL of the stormlight? 

That's just how the fabrial was designed. And it doesn't have to take the winds and rain only the stormlight which doesn't have solid substance so you should be able to fit as much as you want if the thing is made correctly to that purpose. 

On 1/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

What would happen if they tried to go through an oathgate? 

And it is disproved because Kaladin goes through the Oathgates after he broke his oaths and lost the ability to breathe Stormlight. 

When was that? As far as I can remember, the first time we see an Oathgate activated is when Shallan figures out the way to get the Alethi forces to Urithiru from Narak at the end of Words of Radiance, and the first time Kaladin uses an Oathgate is to get to Urithiru after defeating Szeth, arriving (to her and Dalinar's relief) with Jezrien's Honorblade over his shoulder. Which of course happened after he swore the Third Ideal and rebonded with Syl.

Only after they get to Urithiru do they realize they can use the Oathgates in other locations throughout Roshar to reach Urithiru, and vice versa, once someone goes to them to unlock them - the only one left "unlocked" had been the one at Narak. So it's not like there was any possible use of an Oathgate before then, in Kal's lifetime.

It's interesting to wonder what it would be like for a forsworn Radiant to use an Oathgate, or to travel itno the Cognitive Realm. I also wonder what an ordinary fabrial looks like in the CR, or one of those "half-shards" of Taravangian, who said they were made with "spren that might otherwise have blessed a Knight Radiant", implying they were not "dumb" spren like in Navani's painrials or levitating platforms, but sentient ones that could form a Nahel bond.

Using an Oathgate that works properly isn't like using the corrupted one in Kholinar that dropped them into the CR, though - people who were bonded to deadspren Blades, ordinary non-Radiant Alethi Shardbearers, were able to use the Oathgate to get to Urithiru. Like (say) Amaram.

Edited by robardin

4 hours ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

I think you would just end up capturing the highstorms spren, that might not be a good idea. Stormfather trapped and no more highstorms, but an endless supply of investiture. 

With that much investiture the fabrial would become self aware

46 minutes ago, AceGambit said:

I think you would just end up capturing the highstorms spren, that might not be a good idea. Stormfather trapped and no more highstorms, but an endless supply of investiture. 

Interesting idea

I like that too

4 hours ago, AceGambit said:

That might be true but capturing a spren and making a fabrial self aware would still be cool. It would be like the first AI machines but more advanced.