What is your Wildest Cosmere Theory??

Lunu’anaki

Just now, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

How exactly would his plan have happened had kaladin and the other not interfered.

He would have trained a bunch of Skybreakers with Szeth being the most powerful. Then when the Parshendi invaded Nale would have led his force into the world and saved everybody. The humans would have worshipped them as their saviors, revering their god like powers. Nale would have promised protection in return for worshippers and servitude. The Skybreakers would have controlled the whole world as the sole and most powerful order. 

8 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

He would have trained a bunch of Skybreakers with Szeth being the most powerful. Then when the Parshendi invaded Nale would have led his force into the world and saved everybody. The humans would have worshipped them as their saviors, revering their god like powers. Nale would have promised protection in return for worshippers and servitude. The Skybreakers would have controlled the whole world as the sole and most powerful order. 

Yes, and that would allow him and the other skybreakers to impose order and enforce the law as they so desperately want.

Although I must say that I don't like the idea of the skybreakers (my favorite order and the best one) turning to world domination to bring order. There are other ways.

Like assassination.

Edited by Feruchemical Skybreaker

2 minutes ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

Yes, and that would allow him and the other skybreakers to impose order and enforce the law as they so desperately want.

Although I must say that I don't like the idea of the skybreakers (my favorite order and the best one) turning to world domination to bring order. There are other ways.

Like assassination.

So you prefer that the Skybreakers assassinated all of the world leaders to gain control rather than just dominating the world through saving everybody. 

3 minutes ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

Ok, they are NOT Taravangian. They would just assassinate people who disrupted the order.

So they would rule through fear of death threatening everybody to obey to their strict orders? 

I don't have a problem with the Skybreakers ruling but I don't think this way would work. 

The best way to rule isn't through threat of violence but rather giving the people something good if they obey. For example, in Mistborn when The Lord Ruler kept peace in the land so most people missed him afterword when all was chaotic. The people would rebel against the Skybreakers. 

1 minute ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

So they would rule through fear of death threatening everybody to obey to their strict orders? 

I don't have a problem with the Skybreakers ruling but I don't think this way would work. 

The best way to rule isn't through threat of violence but rather giving the people something good if they obey. For example, in Mistborn when The Lord Ruler kept peace in the land so most people missed him afterword when all was chaotic. The people would rebel against the Skybreakers. 

I'm not saying they rule that way, they wouldn't even rule at all simply enforce the law. And kill any important figures breaking them.

2 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

I mean, I agree with the general sentiment of this comment, but which part of Final Empire haven't you read? :ph34r:

I wasn't saying that all od the populace was happy with the Lord Ruler but the Dominance was more ordered and not as chaotic. After the Lord Ruler died many paople starved or died in war and some people regretted the death of there ruler who held peace. Even though that peace was through tyranny. 

1 minute ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

I wasn't saying that all od the populace was happy with the Lord Ruler but the Dominance was more ordered and not as chaotic. After the Lord Ruler died many paople starved or died in war and some people regretted the death of there ruler who held peace. Even though that peace was through tyranny. 

I agree.

30 minutes ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

I also don't think Skybreakers are the people to rule the land through any method. They would instead act by inforcing the law.

Agreed.  They see themselves too much as functionaries, as those that uphold and execute the laws, not those that Lead the Land and actually Write them.  That might not stop an unscrupulous one from becoming a shadow government ruling through a weak king or some such, but I dont see them stepping out from behind their proverbial Law shield.

My wildest theory has to do with the fate of the First Generation of kandra in Era 2. [And may be proven or disproven to whatever degree whenever The Lost Metal is released...)

At one point, MeLaan says something about how TenSoon and others of the Third Generation are their eldest leaders now, because most (not all?) of the Second Generation had taken the suicide route after the Catacendre (out of shame, or inability to adapt to a post-FE world). But that doesn't take the FIRST generation into account - wouldn't they have had their spikes restored by Harmony, along with all the other kandra?

There is a big difference between the First Generation and all later generations of kandra, though, of which much is made in The Hero of Ages: the First Generation were originally human, friends to Rashek and fellow Feruchemists from before his Ascension, twisted into Spiritually and Cognitively blocked mistwraiths, requiring hemalurgy to unblock. (Note that Rashek's offer of making them into kandra, hemalurgic constructs, was done by "speaking to them directly to their minds", something Preservation cannot do but is a power of Ruin...)

After having their minds restored, they use their original human bones. Also unlike unlike all later generation of kandra, who were born as mistwraiths, they can't (or don't) completely transform into human form using those bones, as their flesh is still translucent. And they retained their original Terris/human names, like Haddek (echoing "Rashek"), instead of the more typical two-syllable kandra names of later generations ("KanPaar", "TenSoon", "MeLaan").

As we see in Mistborn: Secret History, koloss who are killed enter the CR as their original human selves, freed of the hemalurgic staples to restore their cognitive self-image en route to passing Beyond. So it stands to reason that, come the day the First Generation passed on (suicide or otherwise), their spirits would arrive in the CR restored as humans as well.

Humans who are Feruchemists. Full Feruchemists. Of which there were none left in the world after the Catacendre.

So my theory is that however Kelsier managed to forge a Connection back to the Physical Realm with a hemalurgic spike, and then created "excisors" that clearly involve using or granting Feruchemical powers by proxy, involved the First Generation.

Maybe the "excisors" are the Scadrial equivalent of a Rosharan fabrial, trapping the "spren" (cognitive shadow) of a Feruchemist into servitude? Perhaps one who was willing to enter such service, i.e., talked into not passing Beyond long enough to encapsulated in this manner?

Edited by robardin

All right here is my dumb theory from an insignificant chapter. 

Recall the chapter in Words of Radiance were Kaldin is trying to ride a horse and he doesn't like the horse. The horse is also not very curappative. Now before they were an order the would be Windrunners thought horses were very slow, cumbersome method of travel. They were always trying to make horses go faster or find more practical methods of travel. This made the horses resent the Windrunners and vise versa. 

The Windrunners learned to fly and completely forgot horses and were otherwise rude to them. 

Now when Kaldin was trying to ride both him and the horse instinctively sensed this and had a natural disrespect toward each other. This being Kaladin's hatred of riding and the disrespect of the horse.  

Edited by Ricocheting Windrunner

On 08/01/2020 at 7:52 PM, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

what if he was from the Drominad system

He does have an Aviar

He also has white sand and hemalurgic spikes as well as a few other invested items. He’s also described as twisted and scared so could have access to the Dor  

Hoid was originally one of the 16 but for whatever reason didn’t take a shard of Adonalsium for some unknown reason. 

Theory: he did then released it, the shard he took was Passion, this shard has the most ability to see the future and he saw what he would become... Odium.

there is a conversation Hoid has with Shallan in a tavern about “knowing Wisdom well” and she doesn’t like him. In the same paragraph he says:

“Some men, as they age, grow more cynical. I, fortunately, am not one of those. If I were, the very air would warp around me, sucking in all emotion, leaving only scorn.

Sounds like Odium

Tanavasts cognitive shadow has been hiding inside the stormfather. Its the unite them voice, the light dalinar sees at the end of oathbringer. It was a plan he and cultivation cooked up. He told Dalinar to make him agree to a contest of champions...that was the signal the time is right. The unite them moment happened. Odium glimpses tanavasts while the realms are merged...says we killed you. .....Dalinar reforms the shard of honor tanavasts uses the same method as the heralds and retakes his shard and s tormlight 5 ends with odium being shattered. 

The next 5 books will be about worldhopping to braise to deal with the fall out of odiums shattering after finding out taln wasn't alone. Radiants who died went to the tranquine? Halls which is located on braise to help the heralds fight there and it was the army of surgebinders that allow taln to last so long without the other 9 heralds.

10 minutes ago, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

Expanding on my horse theory from earlier. 

Not only Kaldin dislikes the horse but all of his squires do and grumble about having to ride. The only one who sees the potential in horses and the point of riding is Moash, who never becomes a Windrunner. 

Do the Windrunners have problems with other modes of transportation, like chulls? Maybe they hate not just horses but all animals and creatures used for travel solely because the Windrunners know that they themselves are capable of the fastest travel known to man (not counting oathgates because... well they're oathgates). I would like to see an instance of a windrunner or multiple Windrunners having qualms about traveling by chull.