What is your Wildest Cosmere Theory??

Lunu’anaki

On 11/14/2019 at 6:43 AM, robardin said:

whatever name will be used for Eshonai/Venli's book will likely be the name of a song of the Listeners...

Have I got news for you...

Spoiler

Rhythm of War is the title of book 4, right now, at least.

On 11/11/2019 at 3:20 AM, Honorless said:

Adonalsium wasn't one-of-a-kind. The Cosmere is one small star cluster. There are other galaxies, galaxy clusters, galaxy superclusters. There are other such beings. So, Rayse? Good luck being "top dog"

I love this theory. I think it’s quite possible. Is there any actual evidence for it though?

Just now, Higgs-Boson Spren said:

Is it confirmed that he actually created the Cosmere? Like from nothing made the star cluster?

We don't know if he made the Cosmere ex nihilo but he definitely did design and gave form to most of the stellar systems there, minus Scadrial which was created by Preservation and Ruin.

Yes I agree. I checked:

NotOJebus

As the continent was specifically grown by Adonalsium

WHAT????!!!

Brandon Sanderson

Roshar predates the Shattering. I've spoken of this before, haven't I?

NotOJebus

Maybe somewhere before, and obviously most planets existed before the shattering (Planets are pretty old) but I don't think you've ever mentioned Roshar (the continent) being specifically grown by Adonalsium.

Is this a normal thing that Adonalsium did or was Roshar special to him in some way?

A quick search reveals that you have mentioned that Roshar was named Roshar before the Shattering but nothing mentioned about it being grown by Adonalsium. It makes sense though, that shape is obviously not natural.

Brandon Sanderson

There are many things that are unique about Roshar, but it wasn't the only world created in this way.

I mean... No it's not explicitly confirmed that Adonalsium created the rest of it... But it would be really really weird if he didn't considering the reason the difference sapient species can interbreeding. 

Finallity (paraphrased)

We've seen a number of human/singer hybrids (Unkalaki and Herdazians) and even human/Aimian hybrids (Natans). How is such a thing possible biologically or is there some outside influence there?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

He said that they (humans and parshendi/aimians) can interbreed because they were made by the same person, or rather that they were made with the same intent, that they were made that way on purpose. They don't have a common heritage or anything though.

English Reading Series at BYU 2018 (Feb. 23, 2018)

If that doesn't imply humans were made by Adonalsium, I'm not sure what it could mean. 

56 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

Not only will Rayse be killed at the end of book 5, it’s gonna be Szeth who does it with Nightblood, Nightblood is going to somehow integrate part of Odium into its system, and Dalinar is going to pick up the shard of Odium.

That sounds plausible. I want that soaring "DESTROY EVIL".

Although I imagine that last part more like the Shard Odium (and perhaps some Unmade) being bound to some device/gemstones under Urithiru or something like that, and they will spend a lot of the years between 5 and 6 figuring out how to deal with that dangerous bunch permanently.

Because of Honor's death, peices of his investiture are able to be bonded when a knight radiant swears the fifth ideal, giving them a permanent power boost, the strength of which will depend on how connected they are to Honor, ranging from slight amp to ascension levels of investiture. The only order that can ascend is the bondsmiths, with windrunners/stonewards having the possibility of becoming cognitive shadows, as well as having heraldic level investiture, if they are connected enough. The reason that Nale was hunting down radiants is that if they were to swear the fifth ideal, there is a slight chance that they would absorb Honor's power from the oathpact, releasing the fused. Kaladin will swear the fifth ideal, but then sacrifice himself to save Roshar, and will be assumed dead. Kaladin will then become a cognitive shadow, and be a worldhopper devoted to protecting worlds from Odium, who will be released from Roshar on the terms that he not return until all the other shards are dead/a period of 500 years or so have passed.

I have two theories that are about the unmade.

1: The unmade are pieces of the shards that Odium has shattered then infused into his own spren to create very strong spren. Much like what honor did with The Storm Father. And what if Saja-nat corrupted the storm father? what would that do to Dalinar's bond? 

2: The unmade could be pieces of the Heralds that have been ripped from them. The Heralds all seemed to lose a part of themselves while in Damnation (Like Nale becoming emotionless) What if their torture was the fused ripping their souls apart? The Fused could take his emotions and put them in a spren making them The Heart of the Revel and stuff like that.

I have a theory that's not that far-fetched... at least, it makes sense to me. 

[Words of Radiance/Oathbringer]

Spoiler

Kaladin's point of view.

I don't know the chapter.

Kaladin narrates when he and Bridge 4 go to a tattoo artist. It might be during this chapter when he notes that stormlight had healed old wounds and scars; the slave brands of the other men were removed, but not his, and he wondered why.

It seems reasonable that he, being Kaladin, absorbed the hits dealt to him and retaliated when possible. The scars of his enslavement are the reminders of a horribly tragic and traumatizing event, a turning point in his life. He has come to identify himself with them and their meaning, a major part of his personal identity. Basically, the brands haven't only marred his flesh, but his soul. They are imprinted on his being. Even as a sign of damage, they resisted healing because they are his - they are him.

I don't know if anyone else understands my explanation, as weird things tend to come out when I get tired. Goodnight, friends and fellow fans.

7 hours ago, Brightness Warrior said:
  Hide contentsI don't know if anyone else understands my explanation, as weird things tend to come out when I get tired. Goodnight, friends and fellow fans.

That makes sense. I might be wrong but isn’t this confirmed already? Kaladin can’t heal his scars because he still sees them as a part of him. They have become a part of his cognitive ideal. 

My two wild theories are:

1. That at least one or more of the Dawnshards were meant for terraforming planets. Which would give them a terrifying amount of power if used in any other way- such as accidentally devastating Ashyn.

2. Lerasium creates turbo charged Connection to Shards. By itself, it gives Connection to Preservation which grants allomancy. When alloyed with atium, it grants feruchemy. Now, if that second part is true, it would mean that lerasium alloyed with other god metals would give someone a metallic art that is half Preservation and half that other Shard, essentially allowing for 16 different metallic arts.

3 hours ago, Criggleworth said:

2. Lerasium creates turbo charged Connection to Shards. By itself, it gives Connection to Preservation which grants allomancy. When alloyed with atium, it grants feruchemy. Now, if that second part is true, it would mean that lerasium alloyed with other god metals would give someone a metallic art that is half Preservation and half that other Shard, essentially allowing for 16 different metallic arts.

Now I want to know what an alloy of lerasium and trellium will do... (WoB has confirmed it is at least part godmetal)

Although im wrong alot, with regards to Uncle Andy creating the Cosmere, i see it as Uncle Andy is the Cosmere. 

And his body sculpting. 

His/her/its mind, body and soul is the whole area of the Cosmere on three realms. With the SR being funky with its properties.

Im also of the opinion that Uncle Andy is a Shard of something else, and other galaxies have there own Uncle Andy. Most stronger some weaker. 

Maybe the fain life is from one of these 'G'od Shards. Their magic system.

But im 99.9% sure Brandon will leave it up to the reader.

Edited by Thanatos

9 minutes ago, Thanatos said:

Although im wrong alot, with regards to Uncle Andy creating the Cosmere, i see it as Uncle Andy is the Cosmere. 

And his body sculpting. 

His/her/its mind, body and soul is the whole area of the Cosmere on three realms. With the SR being funky with its properties.

Im also of the opinion that Uncle Andy is a Shard of something else, and other galaxies have there own Uncle Andy. Most stronger some weaker. 

Maybe the fain life is from one of these 'G'od Shards. Their magic system.

But im 99.9% sure Brandon will leave it up to the reader.

I believe the same about Adonalsium's nature

Adonalsium being the Cosmere is only metaphorically true, imo. Though all Investiture did belong to him, so it's also sort of technically true?

Spoiler

Fain Life being of another Adonalsium-tier being? Intriguing... I don't know, it sounds like it was the problem that may have convinced the Vessels to Shatter him

But then Hoid does say "where gods have died" when describing Yolen... 

Edited by Honorless