What is your Wildest Cosmere Theory??

Lunu’anaki

Not sure if crazy but this is such a minor theory with no evidence that it doesn't warrant it's own post, so it's going in here. It's more of a thought than a theory, actually. I just had the idea that if Odium wants an incredibly deadly champion, he should look to the Shin.

It's pretty clear to us in Oathbringer, and has been speculated even before then, that certain members of the Shin train with the Honorblades. Most people tend to think that the Stone Shamans do so, and that Szeth was one of them, but that's not really important for this theory. All we need to confirm is that Szeth didn't train with just the two surges that his honorblade granted; he also practiced skating to emulate the surge of abrasion. Imagine granting a bond with Yelig-nar to somebody with Szeth's training. Odium said that he wanted a champion who dominates the battlefield like the sun dominates the sky, and I think this is one way to get there. (Extra points for religious parallelism there since Szeth calls the Sun the god of gods.)

I'm not really trying to speculate on how the story would get to this point, just pointing out that it could be a strategic move for Odium to seek out then Shin when trying to make his champion. Also I agree that this wouldn't be as thematically satisfying as having a character who we know, such as Moash, become his champion.

On 09/07/2020 at 4:56 PM, Frustration said:

You mean suffix. And why do you say that Adonalsium's mind is still there for all we know, he's dead.

its a synonym. 

thats why its a theory. otherwise I would call it knowledge. 

22 hours ago, Lightspine said:

Not sure if crazy but this is such a minor theory with no evidence that it doesn't warrant it's own post, so it's going in here. It's more of a thought than a theory, actually. I just had the idea that if Odium wants an incredibly deadly champion, he should look to the Shin.

It's pretty clear to us in Oathbringer, and has been speculated even before then, that certain members of the Shin train with the Honorblades. Most people tend to think that the Stone Shamans do so, and that Szeth was one of them, but that's not really important for this theory. All we need to confirm is that Szeth didn't train with just the two surges that his honorblade granted; he also practiced skating to emulate the surge of abrasion. Imagine granting a bond with Yelig-nar to somebody with Szeth's training. Odium said that he wanted a champion who dominates the battlefield like the sun dominates the sky, and I think this is one way to get there. (Extra points for religious parallelism there since Szeth calls the Sun the god of gods.)

I'm not really trying to speculate on how the story would get to this point, just pointing out that it could be a strategic move for Odium to seek out then Shin when trying to make his champion. Also I agree that this wouldn't be as thematically satisfying as having a character who we know, such as Moash, become his champion.

That's a really cool theory...and a frighteningly possible concept.