Lunu’anaki

What is your Wildest Cosmere Theory??

304 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Another that I've thought of for a while is that our main ten will take over for the Heralds and make a new Oathpact and that will cause the timeskip, though in the case of Taln and Ash obviously they would just be keeping their roles

I agree but dont think it will be the main 10. I think that Gavilar was set to take Jezrien's place if not already in the process.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now THIS is a rabbit hole!

I got two theories for now.

One: Kelsier and his Bands of Mourning. The main theory that I've seen as to how Kelsier can get a body back is by Hemalurgically attaching himself to a mistwraith. As a Cognitive Shadow, he still has his Mistborn powers. However, every mistwraith is or is defended from a living Feruchemist. I think that mistwraiths have some latent Feruchemical ability, which allows Kelsier to exist as a Fullborn in the physical realm.

Second, (and less crazily), during Mistborn Era 2 I think Spook is just sitting in a cadmium bubble somewhere.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nightblood will ascend by sucking in enough investiture. either Honors or Odiums.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sibling is an Uber-Cryptic spren, and just as how the Stormfather is tied to the honor and oaths of the Radiants as a whole, the Sibling is tied to the self-honesty and acceptance by the Radiants as a whole.

Assuming that the Sibling is some sort of mix between Honor and Cultivation, I think being a type of Cryptic would fit well. Pattern says that Cryptics are personifications of the underlying mathematical truths and rules that Roshar and the Cosmere are governed by. In other words, Cryptics can be considered representations of the rules (Honor) by which the world grows (Cultivation). It might also explain why the Sibling began to abandon/withdraw from Urithiru before the Recreance, as the Knight Radiants were beginning to learn the truth about humanity (that they weren't really the original members and that humans are essentially the invaders of Roshar). It is suggested that the "perceived worthiness" of the Radiants is not the cause of the Sibling's withdrawal from Urithiru, which would be true, as it isn't their sense of worth that's failing so much as a struggle among the Radiants to accept the truth, which would cause the Sibling to retreat into the Cognitive in a manner similar to how Pattern faded from the Physical due to Shallan's refusal to accept her past. 

The Sibling appears to have been the one in control of the many fabrials in Urithiru that allowed the tower-city to function for human habitation. Based off of the almost robotic nature and way of thinking that we see from Pattern, a Cryptic-like spren would be a great candidate for managing the various complex subroutines needed to keep the tower running. Also, it has been said in a WoB that Cryptics would really love computers, which Urithiru's fabrial system basically is. 

Quote

Questioner

How would a Cryptic deal with computers?

Brandon Sanderson

Cryptics would love computers. Loooovvvveee computers. They would have a blast. They might be offended that the computer isn't talking back to them, because they would think the computer's a pattern and should just be talking to them. But otherwise they would find them really cool.

I'm sad, there was a really good sequence in Oathbringer that had to get cut out for timing reasons where Pattern talked about how famous he was, that hopefully I will be able to release as a deleted scene or something.

Idaho Falls signing (July 21, 2018)

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2020 at 2:50 PM, SirWolfe said:

The Sibling is an Uber-Cryptic spren, and just as how the Stormfather is tied to the honor and oaths of the Radiants as a whole, the Sibling is tied to the self-honesty and acceptance by the Radiants as a whole.

Assuming that the Sibling is some sort of mix between Honor and Cultivation, I think being a type of Cryptic would fit well. Pattern says that Cryptics are personifications of the underlying mathematical truths and rules that Roshar and the Cosmere are governed by. In other words, Cryptics can be considered representations of the rules (Honor) by which the world grows (Cultivation). It might also explain why the Sibling began to abandon/withdraw from Urithiru before the Recreance, as the Knight Radiants were beginning to learn the truth about humanity (that they weren't really the original members and that humans are essentially the invaders of Roshar). It is suggested that the "perceived worthiness" of the Radiants is not the cause of the Sibling's withdrawal from Urithiru, which would be true, as it isn't their sense of worth that's failing so much as a struggle among the Radiants to accept the truth, which would cause the Sibling to retreat into the Cognitive in a manner similar to how Pattern faded from the Physical due to Shallan's refusal to accept her past. 

The Sibling appears to have been the one in control of the many fabrials in Urithiru that allowed the tower-city to function for human habitation. Based off of the almost robotic nature and way of thinking that we see from Pattern, a Cryptic-like spren would be a great candidate for managing the various complex subroutines needed to keep the tower running. Also, it has been said in a WoB that Cryptics would really love computers, which Urithiru's fabrial system basically is. 

 

That WoB makes me wonder if a Cryptic would be terrifyingly effective at breaking cryptography in Roshar's computer age... 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

That WoB makes me wonder if a Cryptic would be terrifyingly effective at breaking cryptography in Roshar's computer age... 

Decryption Cryptics. Now that's an idea. :)

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SirWolfe said:

Decryption Cryptics. Now that's an idea. :)

DeCryptic

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note:  I literally just finished Oathbringer, so if this has been proposed, I haven't seen it.  I think that Shallan will go evil, or at least, one of her personalities.  She already has blackouts, so she might not realize it, and she can sink deep into a different persona.  It would be an interesting twist.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

Note:  I literally just finished Oathbringer, so if this has been proposed, I haven't seen it.  I think that Shallan will go evil, or at least, one of her personalities.  She already has blackouts, so she might not realize it, and she can sink deep into a different persona.  It would be an interesting twist.

The question is why would Pattern allow her to act that way?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Halyo_Alex said:

The question is why would Pattern allow her to act that way?

Oh, good point.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Scadrial had or has a third shard

Breath can be used to do crazy things like Awakening weird stuffs

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 3:44 PM, SirWolfe said:

Decryption Cryptics. Now that's an idea. :)

Enigma spren

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Channelknight Fadran said:

Enigma spren

Sprenigma.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SirWolfe said:

Sprenigma.

"And so it was that with nothing but a few posts, the one and onlys Channelknight Fadran and SirWolfe shared a moment of pure genius."

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

"And so it was that with nothing but a few posts, the one and onlys Channelknight Fadran and SirWolfe shared a moment of pure genius."

And the universe imploded, unable to withstand the sheer brilliance of their cooperation. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SA:

  • Nohadon is Tanavast
    • okay maybe not.
  • Nohadon is a cognitive shadow that has been trying to work behind the scenes such as Kelsier did in Secret History.
  • Dalinar will either Ascend or die by the end of arc 1
  • I don't know if this is a theory but Moash is...I dont know I was wondering if even though he was given the sword if he's somehow going to be a Fused.

Miscellanious Kelsier Theories I Have Subscribed To/Thought of that probably already exist:

  • Kelsier stapled himself to a Mistwraith but with Trellium.
  • Kelsier is somehow involved with/running the Ghostbloods. Or maybe he has his own organization. I refuse to believe that Kelsier didn't get himself more directly involved in the Cosmere.
  • Kelsier is going to be the antagonist of Era 3. I think that he is not the kind of person to be the protagonist-even in Era 1 he wasn't really the protagonist. He seems to really only care about his agenda. You can say that maybe he changed after seeing things he saw in Secret History, but I find it unlikely. 

 

Edited by Illwei
Forgot some stuff
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Illwei said:
  • Kelsier is going to be the antagonist of Era 3. I think that he is not the kind of person to be the protagonist-even in Era 1 he wasn't really the protagonist. He seems to really only care about his agenda. You can say that maybe he changed after seeing things he saw in Secret History, but I find it unlikely. 

 

I agree.   And then I want space pirate Kelsier in Era 4.  He already has a reason for an eyepatch.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If moash survive to stormlight 5, he will be murdered by gavinor in the future

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Spiritual realm has 1 dimension of space and 3 dimensions of time. Three-dimensional time is what allows seeing alternate futures and not just the future and the past.

Rock will be the first cook on Roshar to use a fabrial oven/stove.

Mistborn era 3 will be about the protagonists trying to stop agents of Trell from starting a World War level conflict.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This theory of mine is absolutely bonkers, off the wall, and has little to no definitive evidence. I'm posting it here anyways because I wanted to share it and see how weird everybody thinks it is. I guess that it's not even a theory, but it's a fun crackhead cause-and-effect sequence where I spitball ideas about the future of the Cosmere. Not meant to be taken seriously at all. 

Crackhead Cosmere Theory: After Sazed united the Shards of Ruin and Preservation into Harmony, we now know that new Vessels can combine Shards and change Shardic intent. Because we've seen continuous themes and repetitive motifs about Dalinar bringing unity to Alethkar, I believe that Dalinar will take up the Shard of Honor, become the new Vessel, and change its intent to Unity, out of his desire to unite all of Roshar against Odium. Through the letters in Oathbringer, we know that Harmony asks Hoid to approach him on Scandrial and contact him ("Return to my lands, approach my servants, and I will see what I can do for your quest"). Upon learning that Dalinar has become Unity, Harmony will permit the kandra to speak to Unity so they can better communicate about the threat that Odium poses to the cosmere as a whole. Though Harmony's intent prevents him from taking further actions to stop Odium, Harmony and Unity form a tentative alliance where they agree to maintain the balance of the cosmere and observe Odium's actions. Eventually, Unity and Odium clash on Roshar, with the battle ending in Odium's Splintering, the death of Rayse, and the defeat of Odium's forces. Harmony and Unity uphold their agreement and continue to watch the cosmere closely for any signs of disruption.

Overall, this would really change the game in the Cosmere as we know it. In particular, which Shard would probably feel threatened by a potential connection between Harmony and Unity, which combine things into a whole? Autonomy. 

We don't know a lot about Autonomy's intent and how it changed its vessel, Bavadin, but in the letters in Oathbringer, she (or at least her avatar(s)) wrote to Hoid and expressed a tolerance for Odium, even appreciation for his actions ("Indeed, we admire his initiative"). Khriss, in Arcanum Unbounded, states that Autonomy has a strict policy of isolationism, while still willing to mess with other worlds in the Cosmere. To build off another widely circulated theory, I believe that Trell, the new threat on Scandrial in Mistborn Era 2, is somehow connected to Autonomy. If Autonomy's Shardic intent dictates that she should feel threatened by the prospect of Shards being combined into new Shards, instead of remaining separate, then it would be logical to think that she would place Trell on Scandrial in order to keep an eye on Harmony's (or Hoid's) movements and actions. Trell could even be an avatar of Autonomy, since Autonomy has a trend of creating numerous avatars of herself and placing them on various other planets in the Cosmere to watch out for Hoid. Through all of these machinations, Autonomy would slowly transform into the next big bad of the Cosmere, taking up the mantle that Odium left occupant. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A "Unite Them" theory:
What if "Unite Them" means something all together different? What if originally investiture was spread evenly through out the living things in the Cosmere and whoever became Adonalsium managed to pool it into itself, to a degree that "depleted" or at least diminished the availability of investiture to living things? Maybe the (original?) purpose of the 16 was to break Ado completely and return the investiture to the broader universe, thus uniting the 3 realms in each living thing?
Could that be BranSan's/Hoid's end game? 

Edited by Mickey Lehtman
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adonai being the basis for Adonal-sium. why the "sium" at the end?

the postfix "-ium" is used for the god metals (for Odium it would be Raysium).

Adonalsium is actually just the body of the god. not the god Adonal.

shattering Adonalsium only broke his body appart. Adonal is still there.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, trav said:

Adonai being the basis for Adonal-sium. why the "sium" at the end?

the postfix "-ium" is used for the god metals (for Odium it would be Raysium).

Adonalsium is actually just the body of the god. not the god Adonal.

shattering Adonalsium only broke his body appart. Adonal is still there.

You mean suffix. And why do you say that Adonalsium's mind is still there for all we know, he's dead.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aviars and Allomancy are linked somehow. The 2 aviars we’ve seen correspond perfectly to 2 allomantic metals. I think there’s 16 possible aviars and the other 14 line up too. The ones above are Scadrians and are either responsible for this somehow or they’re just investigating because it’s another form of a magic they alread know about. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Danex said:

Aviars and Allomancy are linked somehow. The 2 aviars we’ve seen correspond perfectly to 2 allomantic metals. I think there’s 16 possible aviars and the other 14 line up too. The ones above are Scadrians and are either responsible for this somehow or they’re just investigating because it’s another form of a magic they alread know about. 

Honestly I just want an Aviar that works like mild Pewter allomancy.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.