A humorous situation

Friendshipspren

Just imagine Nightblood learning about the Evil on Threnody.

He's probably gonna burst a groove on his blade  from excitement.

NB : " Evilllllllllllllllllllllll "

"Szeth, did you hear that ? Let's ditch this place , we need to go to Threnody "

Szeth : " No , Sword Nimi , I have pledged my allegiance to Dalinar Kholin and intend to follow him till he releases me or till I die "

NB : " Screw that Dalinar guy, didn't you try to murder him twice ? Come on , let's ditch this place . There's an ENTIRE CONTINENT FULL OF PURE ,PURE EVIL THERE . AN ENTIRE CONTINENT,  SZETH . I think I know the route there , Vasher knew it better but I can manage. We probably won't be lost for long .Let's go "

Szeth : " I'm afraid I can't do that , Sword Nimi . Nin-Son-God told me that you are to remain here until or unless your true master demands you back. "

NB : " Oh come on , both of them are so boring . Please , pretty pleaseeeeee . Are you angry I accidentally tried to eat your soul ? I promise I won't do that ever again. "

Szeth : " sigh "

Edited by PrinceGenocide
A little polishing

58 minutes ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Just imagine Nightblood learning about the Evil on Threnody.

He's probably gonna burst a groove on his blade  from excitement.

NB : " Evilllllllllllllllllllllll "

"Szeth, did you hear that ? Let's ditch this place , we need to go to Threnody "

Szeth : " No , Sword Nimi , I have pledged my allegiance to Dalinar Kholin and intend to follow him till he releases me or till I die "

NB : " Screw that Dalinar guy, didn't you try to murder him twice ? Come on , let's ditch this place . There's an ENTIRE CONTINENT FULL OF PURE ,PURE EVIL THERE . AN ENTIRE CONTINENT,  SZETH . I think I know the route there , Vasher knew it better but I can manage. We probably won't be lost for long .Let's go "

Szeth : " I'm afraid I can't do that , Sword Nimi . Nin-Son-God told me that you are to remain here until or unless your true master demands you back. "

NB : " Oh come on , both of them are so boring . Please , pretty pleaseeeeee . Are you angry I accidentally tried to eat your soul ? I promise I won't do that ever again. "

Szeth : " sigh "

Ah yes, an Investiture sink of an Awakened sword with the Command to "Destroy Evil" hears about The Evil on Threnody...

Poor Threnody

...or maybe Happy Threnody? 

Edited by Honorless

1 hour ago, Karger said:

Maybe.  Or possibly problems made sooooo much worse.  Its about a 50/50 gamble.

You think Evil will be able to hold nightblood without getting hurt? That would be a terrible mistake indeed.. 

But I don’t see any other way something as big as Evil appears to be, can be killed by nightblood. 

We don't know if the Evil has limbs, it might turn out to be something like the Deepness

Also, Nightblood was presumably handled by The Nightwatcher and it could only affect small Perpendicularities according to WoBs and OB.

I don't think Nightblood is that dangerous... yet

If there is anything to be learned form the above exchange it is that babysitting Nightblood is mostly about directing its energy somewhere else, hopefully somewhere productive if posable. 

"Look over there! I think it's some EVIL!"

"OMG! Where?" 

16 minutes ago, Rask said:

If there is anything to be learned form the above exchange it is that babysitting Nightblood is mostly about directing its energy somewhere else, hopefully somewhere productive if posable. 

"Look over there! I think it's some EVIL!"

"OMG! Where?" 

You mean treat him like every other toddler..

15 minutes ago, The traveller said:

You mean treat him like every other toddler..

with two periods (halfway between a normal sentence and a cutoff of a ...

1 hour ago, Honorless said:

We don't know if the Evil has limbs, it might turn out to be something like the Deepness

Also, Nightblood was presumably handled by The Nightwatcher and it could only affect small Perpendicularities according to WoBs and OB.

I don't think Nightblood is that dangerous... yet

Oh, gosh, what if NB asked to destroy evil better from the Nightwatcher...

1 minute ago, GoWibble said:

Oh, gosh, what if NB asked to destroy evil better from the Nightwatcher...

Sadly:

Questioner

Could Nightblood receive a boon and a curse from the Nightwatcher?

Brandon Sanderson

... She could try. I have no idea how that would turn out. I think it would take them and nothing would happen, would be my guess.

Calamity Philadelphia signing (Feb. 20, 2016)

2 hours ago, The traveller said:

You think Evil will be able to hold nightblood without getting hurt? That would be a terrible mistake indeed.. 

But I don’t see any other way something as big as Evil appears to be, can be killed by nightblood. 

here is a WoB:

Just another guyn

If a Shard were to wield Nightblood more directly, like Odium's champion and Odium channeling his power through Nightblood, would we see a lot of world ending stuff from that?

Brandon Sanderson

That-- What you just described would work no differently from a Knight Radiant wielding Nightblood

Just another guyn

Okay. And that would be scary powerful?

Brandon Sanderson

No. No, they'd feed off the Investiture and eventually would either run out or be drawing it so quickly that it would dissolve the person's soul.

Just another guyn

So souls are made of Investiture?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, in the cosmere, souls are. So you'd have a little while, but eventually the person would just die and get eaten.

BYU Writing Class Wrap-up 2017 (April 25, 2017)

6 hours ago, The traveller said:

For all we know The Evil can modify or drain investature better then Nightblood can or is smart enough to know how to use Nightblood effectually and strong willed enough too. 

On 11/11/2019 at 4:37 AM, Karger said:

For all we know The Evil can modify or drain investature better then Nightblood can or is smart enough to know how to use Nightblood effectually and strong willed enough too. 

We don’t know anything about the Evil.. so my presumption is as good as yours..

• Chaos locked this topic