4 hours ago, Eternal Khol said:

"Takes the form of an embedded crystal on the back of their bearer's hand,"

Small Error here:

Amberite buds are located on the palm of the hand not the back.:D

I'm actually not so sure about that. It seems Brandon didn't have a word or phrase in mind for 'back of the hand' and simply chose to go with 'palm' but I could be wrong

In some sentences, he just uses 'palm' but in longer descriptions it seems like the crystal is placed at the back of the hand, behind the palm. Err, could also be a continuity error

Edited by Honorless

In chapter 27 when Raeth does what he does, it seems that Makkal and Agaris were "destroyed" along with the Pools in Vae Annitor and Saeris Va.

They ended up being released and reformed because even though the Pools and everyone/thing connected to them were destroyed, their spirits arent so easy to destroy.

As stated in chapter 26 they both needed Decay to destroy the others spirit forever.

Spoiler

"They turned to Decay, that enemy of all Formation, for a final power--power to destroy.  Not to destroy that which is physical, for that is easy, but eternal destruction.  Death of the spirit.  Power to rip apart one’s sibling, one’s competition."

Even though they were "destroyed" in the blast when Night and Illuminous merged, they were reborn because there spirits weren't destroyed.

On 1/21/2020 at 7:59 PM, Honorless said:

I'm actually not so sure about that. It seems Brandon didn't have a word or phrase in mind for 'back of the hand' and simply chose to go with 'palm' but I could be wrong

In some sentences, he just uses 'palm' but in longer descriptions it seems like the crystal is placed at the back of the hand, behind the palm. Err, could also be a continuity error

I found this gem in chapter 21:

Spoiler

"Kaaln reached in with a pair of tongs, picking up the shard of rosy Amberite.  Brign steeled himself for the pain, then nodded. Kaaln dropped the Amberite onto his palm.  Brign flinched slightly, then paused, then frowned. “What?” Ala’D said. “I don’t know,” Brign said.  “I don’t feel a thing.”  He turned his meaty hand, and the piece of Amberite rolled off onto the tabletop. Ala’D frowned deeply.  “That’s not supposed to happen, is it?  Shouldn’t it. . .stick to the hand or something?”“I don’t know, my lord,” Kaaln admitted, scratching his beard.  “The Verdant we’ve Bonded always reacted somehow to human flesh--it stuck even during the weakest of Bonds, though the process wasn’t completed for an hour or so.” Brign shrugged and picked up the Amberite, placing it in his palm again.  Nothing happened. Two hours later, they had made little headway.  D’Naa was growing drowsy, and the other men irritated.  They had passed it amongst all four of them, and nothing had happened.  Finally, Brign had taken it and put it in his palm, determined to wait until the Bond occurred."

It was Raeth's gem I was talking about, and it's location really is iffy. Probably doesn't matter all that much though.

Are the Aethers situated on the bearers' hands for practical reasons like: easy to mentalize attacks from arms, easy to access, the body part most likely to come in contact with the Aether source as, well, we use our hands to grab things, or are there more Realmatic reasons for this? Hmm... Probably the former..

Edited by Honorless
On 1/14/2020 at 7:03 PM, The Traveller said:

I agree. I also felt that former is like you know how people think if all the shards were to re combine they will probably form Adonalsium again who will be God of Creation. 
I also felt that former is basically what ultimately became Adonalsium and instead of having his kids fighting, it was decided to kill the god, make his killers hold pieces of shards.

I'm a little more certain on this now. The Formers two sons(Agaris and Makkal) each held a separate part of The Formers power(Order & Chaos)

In chapter 27 Makkal gives it away

Spoiler

"What else can I do with this power?

What can’t you do with it? Makkal returned.  Remember what my father said.  It's part of that power which creates, half of the substance of the universe.  It is by this power that Amberite and Bestarin were made; it is by this power that worlds are formed.

Spoiler

“But. . .the Vo-Dari, Raeth?  Why?”

Their power, Makkal said.  It is the Aether of my brother.  I remember it.  The other half of the power.

So combined, the brothers held all of The Former's power, which was everything in the Universe or Cosmere

He had  to have been a early Adonalsium.

22 minutes ago, Eternal Khol said:

I'm a little more certain on this now. The Formers two sons(Agaris and Makkal) each held a separate part of The Formers power(Order & Chaos)

In chapter 27 Makkal gives it away

Hide contents

"What else can I do with this power?

What can’t you do with it? Makkal returned.  Remember what my father said.  It's part of that power which creates, half of the substance of the universe.  It is by this power that Amberite and Bestarin were made; it is by this power that worlds are formed.

Hide contents

“But. . .the Vo-Dari, Raeth?  Why?”

Their power, Makkal said.  It is the Aether of my brother.  I remember it.  The other half of the power.

So combined, the brothers held all of The Former's power, which was everything in the Universe or Cosmere

He had  to have been a early Adonalsium.

Makes sense. I agree. 

To me it seemed like Order and Chaos were more fundamental rules than anything.

Agreed on the connection between Adonalsium & the Former though

PS: Why did you remove your response? You could just edit to add. If it was for quoting someone, you could always just @ them instead

Edited by Honorless
13 minutes ago, Honorless said:

PS: Why did you remove your response? You could just edit to add. If it was for quoting someone, you could always just @ them instead

Didn't know you could @ someone, thanks for the tip:D

On 1/24/2020 at 2:14 AM, Honorless said:

Im still not sure what to make of Order and Chaos

As stated by the Former "In the end, Decay imprisoned them as well, trapping them within the very forces they had manipulated."

So the twins "manipulated" Order and Chaos. Created the Aethers from them and somehow ended up being trapped in them.

But it seems that they did follow the Former's Intent. The most notable example being the Aethers. or maybe it was because the former was trapped in them.

The Former's word's:

"From these they crafted gifts.  Dark, hateful gifts.  Powers that draw upon the essence of that which MAKES.

It's like they were connected to The Former/Adonalsium because the Formers "intent" for lack of better word, was making/forming things, but at the same time they were "Manipulating" Order/Chaos which are "creation itself" as stated by the Former

In chapter 1 Agaris says that that his Prison A.K.A Order, locked him off from creation.

In chapter 27 The Former states that Order and Chaos are Creation itself

Edited by Eternal Khol
1 hour ago, Eternal Khol said:

Im still not sure what to make of Order and Chaos

As stated by the Former "In the end, Decay imprisoned them as well, trapping them within the very forces they had manipulated."

So the twins "manipulated" Order and Chaos. Created the Aethers from them and somehow ended up being trapped in them.

But it seems that they did follow the Former's Intent. The most notable example being the Aethers. or maybe it was because the former was trapped in them.

The Former's word's:

"From these they crafted gifts.  Dark, hateful gifts.  Powers that draw upon the essence of that which MAKES.

It's like they were connected to The Former/Adonalsium because the Formers "intent" for lack of better word, was making/forming things, but at the same time they were "Manipulating" Order/Chaos which are "creation itself" as stated by the Former

In chapter 1 Agaris says that that his Prison A.K.A Order, locked him off from creation.

In chapter 27 The Former states that Order and Chaos are Creation itself

Maybe they were closer to the canonical Spiritual aspects of Identity, Connection, Fortune, Investiture?

28 minutes ago, The Traveller said:

There is a mistborn prime? I thought there is only a book 2 alternate ending!? 
And what is mythwalker?

Mistborn Prime was completed. It's 19 chapters(21 if you count epilogue and prologue) Brandon took the best elements of this book and "Final Empire Prime" and made "Mistborn: The Final Empire" the book we know today

The full title of Mythwalker is "Warbreaker Prime: Mythwalker" it's just the prime version of the Warbreaker we know. Brandon shelved it after 21 or 22 chapters

Edited by Eternal Khol
Typo
2 hours ago, The Traveller said:

Awesome!! It looks hard cover!!

It looks like hardcover 

1 hour ago, Eternal Khol said:

@Honorless @The Traveller yes, I got it printed.

The Traveller, it is hardcover.

I thought for only $15 I might as well get it printed. I also have another coming in with a updated cover and a exert from the prologue on the back.

I also have copies of Whitesand Prose, Mythwalker and Mistborn Prime Coming in:D

*exerpt

Sorry, tried to resist grammar nazi instincts but just couldn't