Starsight release party, Orem, UT, November 2019

Mason Wheeler

Kinda shocked I get the chance to go. I never thought I’d make it to any release parties, since I live across the country. The circumstances are unfortunate (close family funeral) but since I’m going to be in Provo that night anyway, I bought tickets for my niece and myself. Silver lining to a difficult time. 

On 11/23/2019 at 4:08 AM, Wander89 said:

I'm still completely and utterly jealous of everyone who gets to go to this :wacko:

Same it sounds like a lot of fun.  On a side note is it correct I will not be receiving any WoBs to unhealthily obsess over from this event?

Because the signing isn’t at the book store, does anyone know how the signing will take place at the high school?  Will the book number you get still work as your place in line? Or will there just be one long line that is first come first served once the doors open at the high school?

never mind. I found the answer. It’s by book number. 

Edited by Jakle

57 minutes ago, KING said:

Anyone in line yet? How is it looking? 

I was wondering the same thing. I was planning on getting in line tonight but it is so cold and windy right now, that I am fearful of my health if I sleep outside in this snowstorm. I think I just may come in the morning. I recently drove to our local highschool and slid at all four stop signed between my house and the school. Not very safe driving conditions either. I hope everyone stays safe!

For those who are interested. 

So there are 9 people in line right now. The first person arrived at 7:30am Monday Morning!!!! (I’m number 7). I decided to brave the cold and the icy streets. It’s in the 20’s and somewhat windy — but no precipitation. 

The roads were treacherous leaving my neighborhood but once I got on to the main streets they were fine. I-15 was wet in Lehi & American Fork but interstate was dry before I hit Orem. There were no problems with the roads at all after getting off I-15 at University Parkway. 

4 hours ago, JoyBlu said:

For those who are interested. 

So there are 9 people in line right now. The first person arrived at 7:30am Monday Morning!!!! (I’m number 7). I decided to brave the cold and the icy streets. It’s in the 20’s and somewhat windy — but no precipitation. 

The roads were treacherous leaving my neighborhood but once I got on to the main streets they were fine. I-15 was wet in Lehi & American Fork but interstate was dry before I hit Orem. There were no problems with the roads at all after getting off I-15 at University Parkway. 

Someone remind me, what time does it actually open?

@Mason Wheeler Barnes & Noble officially opens at 9am. I’m hoping they let us in a bit before that like they have done in previous years. 

It is 5:30am now and there are about 15 people in line. Make sure you sign the clipboard when you get here. Some people ordered more than one copy of the book so your book number may be higher than your actual place in line. 

it is quite cold so bring a chair, a blanket to sit on, as well as a blanket or two to put over you and wrap up in and block the wind. Also remember a hat and gloves. Even if you get here at 9am you will be standing outside for a bit as they work through the line. 

see you soon. 

29 minutes ago, JoyBlu said:

@Mason Wheeler Barnes & Noble officially opens at 9am. I’m hoping they let us in a bit before that like they have done in previous years. 

It is 5:30am now and there are about 15 people in line. Make sure you sign the clipboard when you get here. Some people ordered more than one copy of the book so your book number may be higher than your actual place in line. 

it is quite cold so bring a chair, a blanket to sit on, as well as a blanket or two to put over you and wrap up in and block the wind. Also remember a hat and gloves. Even if you get here at 9am you will be standing outside for a bit as they work through the line. 

see you soon. 

Thanks for the update.  I'll see you guys in a couple hours. :)