Bonding

VinDiesel

So I have just joined the team. I've very recently discovered Sanderson, only in the past half-year, and have been binging Cosmere books ever since. I've only read the First Mistborn Era + all Stomlight Archives (which in and of itself is equivalent to several normal novels, so not so bad). 

I live in Tel Aviv and just missed Sanderson's lectures here :( 

I read all the Sanderson books on my phone on the Kindle app, but recently discovered that a lot of Sanderson's books are actually translated into Hebrew and being sold in every book store! Didn't realize he was so popular. Also can't imagine how all the terms translate?? Cremlings and investiture, hmmm . . . 

Again, I love Sanderson novels but they tend to be very interesting in the beginning, very slow in the middle, and have the most mind-blowing action packed revolutionary endings that make me regret ever slowing down the reading pace XD

I just finished Oathbringer, wondering what I should read next?

Looking forward to discussions!!

(Also, any other Israeli fans here??)

Welcome to the Shard, @VinDiesel! Nice pun :D

Narratively, reading Warbreaker before Words of Radiance gives the best experience because it dives into the history of certain characters that appear there. I should warn you, that novel is noted to be quite slow for a longer duration than other Cosmere works.

@Doombrigade is from Israel, I believe

Welcome!!

Warbreaker is excellent if you go into it without expectations. It's a very strange mix of Genres but it's definitely worth reading for some backstory on characters you've met in Stormlight

I highly recommend the "Arcanum Unbounded" collection of Cosmere short stories as well. The Emperors Soul, Mistborn: Secret History, and Shadows of Silence in The Forests of Hell are all incredible stories. Kriss's cosmere essays between stories will provide you some really cool info on Shards and their worlds as well.

Edited by Lunu’anaki
typos

2 hours ago, Lunu’anaki said:

Welcome!!

Warbreaker is excellent if you go into it without expectations. It's a very strange mix of Genres but it's defiantly worth reading for some backstory on charachters you've met in Stormlight

I highly recommend the "Arcanum Unbounded" collection of Cosmere short stories as well. The Emperors Soul, Mistborn: Secret History, and Shadows of Silence in The Forests of Hell are all incredible stories. Kriss's cosmere essays between stories will provide you some really cool info on Shards and their worlds as well.

Just want to point out that Arcanum has a Stormlight Archive short story!!!

Yes, read those, but first read the second era of Mistborn and Elantris,

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome @VinDiesel

Sorry I'm late to the party, was a crazy month. @Honorless is right, I'm Israeli too : =) (Jerusalem).

Nice to see more fellow Israelis joining the team! 

If you want, I wrote my personal ideas of a reading list and can send it your way. 

Also, your in luck! Brandon's events have been filmed so you can make up all that you missed, i exactly posted about it now:

Hope to see ya around