Wayne As a Radiant

Xardan Ta'Caran

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who's thought about this, but wanted to post it out there and see what others have thought.

I have officially decided that I want Wayne to go to Roshar and become an Edgedancer. I say that because I've been reading BoM for the last couple of hours and he's constantly talking about listening to others and stealing their accents. 

I know the immediate reaction is for him to be a Lightweaver, but I feel like Wayne has enough skill with costumes and disguises that he doesn't need light weaving. But if he could be an edge dancer along with a Bloodmaker and a Slider could be a really fun thing to read about.

What order does everyone else think he'd end up in if he were to bond a spren on Roshar?

2 hours ago, StanLemon said:

I could see him being an Edgedancer, but for different reasons than you. Interestingly, and a bit redundantly I could also see him as a Truthwatcher

Don't think he is a helpful type.  Besides.  As an Edgedancer he could literally have sticky fingers.

Edited by Karger

I... Honestly can't see Wayne as an Edgedancer in any way. A big part of being an Edgedancer is listening... 

Wayne is fantastic at listening when he wants to, and putting himself into the hypothetical shoes of other people... And he's also ridiculously blind to anything he doesn't care to think about. 

Maybe the spren would look at his ability and attempt to remedy his horrible side... But that's a pretty big task. 

1 hour ago, Calderis said:

I... Honestly can't see Wayne as an Edgedancer in any way. A big part of being an Edgedancer is listening... 

Wayne is fantastic at listening when he wants to, and putting himself into the hypothetical shoes of other people... And he's also ridiculously blind to anything he doesn't care to think about. 

Maybe the spren would look at his ability and attempt to remedy his horrible side... But that's a pretty big task. 

Wayne is great at listening when it's something he considers important, not unlike Lift. Also he remembers and cares for others. He actually shows quite the capacity to be an Edgedancer if we use Lift's oaths as our basis

14 minutes ago, StanLemon said:

Wayne is great at listening when it's something he considers important, not unlike Lift. Also he remembers and cares for others. He actually shows quite the capacity to be an Edgedancer if we use Lift's oaths as our basis

If directed properly, sure... But his interactions with Ranette, Allriandre, and Steris show just how much he can be a storming idiot in that regard. 

He doesn't strike me as capable of being an Edgedancer, tbh. His sabotage of Wax & Steris' marriage, his response when Marasi said she's gotten over Wax, his attitude towards Steris, his unrelenting pursuit of Ranette...

Maybe he could be a Willshaper, he is adventurous and temperamental but he doesn't strike me as a 'builder'.

He has enough lies to attract a Cryptic and some Lightweaving complimentary skills

Most likely, he'll make a Dustbringer. He is interested in what makes a person tick, he is brave and loyal.

Maybe he could join Lopen in being a Windrunner. He is a protector.

Edited by Honorless

12 hours ago, Honorless said:

Maybe he could join Lopen in being a Windrunner. He is a protector.

Oh wow! I could just see Wax and Wayne both flying through the air together, then watching Wayne stick Wax to the ground just for giggles the next time they landed.

I do like that Wayne appears to fit so many possibilities and yet doesn't fit any one of them entirely. It would definitely be fun to see what happened if this were to occur.

12 hours ago, Lunu’anaki said:

I could care less what order he joins. I just want to read Wayne and his Spren's conversations. :lol:

As for this one, that's part of why I saw him as an Edgedancer. I could see his conversations with his spren being just like Lift's conversations with hers. I could also see Wayne starting to pick up the accents of Shadesmar and trying to figure out how to impersonate a spren itself. LoL.

1 minute ago, Xardan Ta'Caran said:

As for this one, that's part of why I saw him as an Edgedancer. I could see his conversations with his spren being just like Lift's conversations with hers. I could also see Wayne starting to pick up the accents of Shadesmar and trying to figure out how to impersonate a spren itself. LoL.

Hahah that would be beautiful!!

• Chaos locked this topic