Critical Role

Lunu’anaki

OK soooooooooo...

My four favorite ships are now, in order...

Spoiler

Caleb and Essek

Caleb and Lucian

Essek and Lucian

Caleb and Essek and Lucian

Now, do I have a slightly troubling tendencies towards dark, troubled men? MAYBE.

EDIT:

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOOOOOOOOOOOOOY

THAT ENDING IS WHAT I LIVE FOR

Spoiler

HOLY CRAP

they get the first eyes

all the peeps in the chat were blowing up in terror and I'm sitting there as the little devil (or in this case aberrant entity) on the shoulder, going "Again Again Again". I want nothing more in this entire show, including Caleb x Essek, then for Caleb to keep going with the eyes.

Edited by Ark1002

Ahhhhh! I finished 122 and, just

Spoiler

They have eyes! What does it mean!? Can they cast scry and dispel magic like Lucien, now? Or does that come later? Can Lucien mind control them?

Also, you guys, just let Beau and Yasha have a date together. Please? Thank you. :D
Oh, and Lucien is of Odium.

Edited by JesterLavorre

3 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Please tell me someone else will be watching live tonight, I'm so excited for this one!

@JesterLavorre? @Comatose?

I will be there until break!

Edit: ooh! Is this new intro music?

Spoilers:

Spoiler

Edit 2: Beau’s hand is going to be Vax’s foot v2.

Edit 3: this is totally the same dragon they got the ice metal stuff from before.

Edited by JesterLavorre

Spoiler

If y'all have read any of my comments on this thread, you know I'm a sucker for darkness...

is it wrong that I sorta hoped Beau would die?

That dragon is gonna have a mighty grudge after this crap. And white dragons are known to hold dumb grudges...

Spoiler

I remember getting done with school on Friday and seeing Critical Role was still streaming, even five hours after it started. Now I finally know why! :D
That episode was so tense! I really thought one or more of them might die at some points. And that counter spell war... that was epic. I really hope I can watch the next episode live.

Spoiler

Okay fam - that first half was ROUGH.  Most stressful two hours of my life.  Man did I exhale when they reached Essek.  

I really love how complicated things are with Essek - giving me a lot of 'he's not an ideal ally but he's the best we have' vibes.  I find his current internal conflict to be very engaging, so I'm excited to see how this works out.  

Hoping they remember next week that while Halas's body is in the HFB, his mind is still in a Ruby (glad Matt clarified they didn't burn it - as long as the body is still there they have a bargaining chip).  I'm hoping they try to get some info out of him.  

Just SO glad they got away from the tomb takers.  I thought they never would.  

Spoiler

Wow! I barely managed to catch that one live, and I’m so glad I did. 
You can generally tell how excited/filled with dread I am by how much I’m pacing and jumping up and down. And I think my average altitude was probably in the several-inches range during that whole chase scene. Also, I may or may not have warmed up so much due to my frantic pacing that I had to take off my jacket. :P
Also, Essik continues to be a great, many-layered character. Matt role played that whole conversation so well

Been thinking about setting up a schedule to watch the Vox Machina campaign so that some day in a year or two I'm able to catch up and I was like "Yeah, two 3-hour episodes a week sounds doable". Then I realized most of the episodes ahead of me are in the 4.5+ hours mark.

I'm scared. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2021 at 0:44 AM, JesterLavorre said:

Episode 127 spoilers:

Hide contents

Caleb: regrets having to kill someone on his way out of the sanitarium

Also Caleb: gravity well

I want to see someone animate this like a horror film.

Spoiler

Also:

Caleb: "This person is very dangerous. Do not engage."

Also Caleb: "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya..."

On 2/25/2021 at 10:44 PM, JesterLavorre said:

Episode 127 spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Caleb: regrets having to kill someone on his way out of the sanitarium

Also Caleb: gravity well

I want to see someone animate this like a horror film.

Spoiler

Veth: please don’t attack us, I’m traveling with a murderer!

2 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

Spoilers 

Hide contents

Yussa’s going to be so mad at them.

• Entangled him in politics.
  • stole his spell scroll.
  • stole the mage’s bane.
  • wrecked the folding halls.
  • led powerful mages into his tower while he was asleep and vulnerable.

Spoiler

In fairness, a mage that powerful who goes into an astral projection with no way to contact him and no defenses that can hold someone out for more than a round or to deserves what he has coming.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2021 at 8:33 AM, JesterLavorre said:

Oooh, nice! I haven’t finished the exandria unlimited episode, yet, but the last episode in C2 is a… rollercoaster, to say the least. 
Edit: Also, hello my partner in the Nott the Greatest Detective Agency. :P

Well hello there!  Haha, love the name.

gotta get back on campaign 2.  I haven’t caught up since I posted here.  I’m a slow listener lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 3:52 PM, Knight of Iron said:

I decided to start watching it, and chose Campaign 1, Episode 1 to start with. I’m now onto Episode 7. I have a bit of watching to do to catch up lol.

I found they took a bit to get their footing.  There's lots of great moments in the first 20ish episodes, but around Episode 24 ("The Feast") was where I found they really hit their stride and I couldn't stop listening.  

Good luck on getting caught up, and feel free to post reactions (marked and spoilered where appropriate) - I know I for one would be happy to live vicariously through a new watcher :).  

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

Okay, I’m sure someone on the internet has already noticed this, but I was just looking through my copy of the Sentinel Comics RPG core rulebook, and the Mighty Nein are totally in this picture.

Hide contents

AC41A9B7-BBAB-40FC-830D-3C4439E31046.thumb.jpeg.140097eda13d07fbbebc8d5a0f524a08.jpeg

Also, I’m not sure, but I think that may be Keilith and Grog in the bottom left corner?

Keilith is laughing with Vex or Bo, maybe? 

I see Beau, Keyleth, Grog, Taryon, Jester, (Maybe) Fjord, Yasha, and Caduceus.  Definitely an intentional reference.  Good catch!

Anyone watching Campaign 3?  

Spoiler

I'm loving the group so far, especially Laudna and Imogen!

I haven’t watched the latest episode live, but I have been keeping up otherwise. 

Spoiler

Laudna is great. I love how protective she is of Imogen. Fearne’s so sweet and terrifying and I love her. Orym took some ice, but he’s growing on me.

I’m very excited to see what Travis’ actual character is.

• 2 months later...

I feel this is a good place to post... Amazon Prime has the Legend of Vox Machina (first three episodes at least) available for viewing now.

And they are great!

I never saw campaign 1, having only really started on Critical Role for campaign 3, but apparently, they've got the characterizations spot on.