Critical Role

Lunu’anaki

Spoilers ep. 115:

Spoiler

Nooo... I can't wait another week for Beau and Yasha! The Yetis and the Cat Prince somewhat sated my cuteness requirement for this episode, though. :D

@Ark1002, @Comatose, I can comment live again today. Will either of you be able to watch live?

Edited by JesterLavorre

So, I just started Critical Role (Thanks in part to @Ark1002's profile pic).  I started with season two, and uh... how many hours of this exist so far?  Do I have even a minuscule hope of catching up when there's 115 episodes that seem to be 3.5 - 4 hours on average?

Despite the length, I'm really enjoying it!  It's very engaging, and now I actually vaguely understand DnD.  I think that at this point (Episode 5), my favorite characters are Fjord and Caleb.

Edit: Also, I keep getting Stormlight vibes from Jester's 'Radiant damage'.  It's fun!

Edited by Spren of Kindness

So, I started all of this a week or two before quarantine started in my area. I watched all of campaign 2, which at that point was around 96 episodes, and got to 99 before it broke apart. I finished by the time it went live again. I had enough time that I probably could have caught at least partially up on campaign 1, I just never did.

So, basically, @Spren of Kindness yeah totally possible

Also, @Comatose are you watching live tonight?

Spoilers episode 117:

Spoiler

AH MOLLYESQUE CHARACTER YAY

I LOVED MOLLY, BUT THIS GUY IS STILL COOL

I REALLY WANT THE NEIN TO SOMEHOW HELP WITH A ELDRITCH CULT THING IT WOULD BE REALLY COOL

Also, I reaaaaally want to figure out what floor eight is

and the slip with dagon daagon whatever it is was great

10 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

So, I started all of this a week or two before quarantine started in my area. I watched all of campaign 2, which at that point was around 96 episodes, and got to 99 before it broke apart. I finished by the time it went live again. I had enough time that I probably could have caught at least partially up on campaign 1, I just never did.

So, basically, @Spren of Kindness yeah totally possible

Also, @Comatose are you watching live tonight?

Spoilers episode 117:

Hide contents

AH MOLLYESQUE CHARACTER YAY

I LOVED MOLLY, BUT THIS GUY IS STILL COOL

I REALLY WANT THE NEIN TO SOMEHOW HELP WITH A ELDRITCH CULT THING IT WOULD BE REALLY COOL

Also, I reaaaaally want to figure out what floor eight is

and the slip with dagon daagon whatever it is was great

Spoilers 

Spoiler

With al this psychic and mind control stuff, I've been thinking about what if Lucien succeeds and goes looking to recruit the most powerful retainers as possible?  What if he somehow got Vox Machina?  How crazy would it be for the M9 have to fight their old characters (probably a couple at a time as they are too strong all together at this point) to free them from Lucien and the Eyes' control??

Just watch, all of a sudden Vilya and Allura get in touch and are like, M9, we need help.  

• 2 weeks later...

Im multiple episodes behind ahhhh (im on 113)

So Liam on one of the catch-up Talks Machina's confirmed that Caleb is attracted to Essek. We got another gay on our hands! :D And yeah 

Spoiler

He's neutral evil, I mean, he's literally a war criminal for selfish reasons. 

And normally Id be like nope evil character byeee but they made us love him before revealing the war was all his fault? But Im glad that Beau is taking the perspective of,  no he's a criminal there needs to be consequences, because then theres both justice and the hope for redemption instead of Essek being a Super Problematic Fave.

Also, not sure that Jester or Fjord want children.  I kind of ship Shadowgast + Jester for the chaos. 

I think Beau +Yasha ship name is just beauyasha.

Also I just love Veth and Yeza? Did I say this before? Theyre adorable. I kind of feel bad for Yeza trying to raise Luc and Veth just drops in with weapons and chaos, he's so in love with her though.  

Edited by Delightful

I would just like to say, that I should not be this sad over a bird.  Why am I this sad over a bird?

Spoiler

Kiri is so sweet, goshdangit.

Also, I know what happens in the next episode and I'm scared.

Yes this is from a good 100 episodes past where you caught up people are, I just needed to say it.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Lunu’anaki said:

I'm really happy to see that a post I made a year ago has become a poppin' viewing party spot :) I'm a few episodes behind but I'll do my best to catch up and join sometime if I can!! 

Well, they’re on break currently (actually, they may be back this Thursday, I forget), so you may have some time.

8 hours ago, JesterLavorre said:

I’ll celebrate with you! We need more people on this thread, and it takes some persistence to get that far. How are you liking it so far?

I'm really enjoying it!  I've been listening while I work on various art projects, and it works very well.  I love how well thought out the characters are.  (And the maps are gorgeous!)  My hope is to get maybe to episode 65 or 70 before the break is over, because then I'll be able to catch up without continuous being pushed back.

I'm certainly glad I started with Campaign Two first, Campaign One isn't going to suddenly sprout five more episodes while my Internet and desire to avoid Episode 26 slow me down.  :P

Episode 26 spoilers:

Spoiler

That episode destroyed me.  I knew it was coming, but still.