Critical Role

Lunu’anaki

On 11/6/2019 at 4:54 PM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Thank you both! I was so confused... no wonder I couldn't find the first episode of their first campaign! :lol:

I'll do that- thank you! :D

btw i recommend to start at episode 23/24 of the first campaign, at the Briarwood arc. the quality of production becomes solid about then, and its basically a new story from then on.  

• 2 months later...

Hello, Bees!

I've seen the first narrative telephone so far, it was pretty good! Im just waiting for the show to start again. Obviously safety first but awljfhwle I need to know whats happening to our babies! Also I just really ship Essek and Caleb and I need more of our smart wizard boys' angst stat. I love them all so much. 

3 hours ago, Delightful said:

Hello, Bees!

I've seen the first narrative telephone so far, it was pretty good! Im just waiting for the show to start again. Obviously safety first but awljfhwle I need to know whats happening to our babies! Also I just really ship Essek and Caleb and I need more of our smart wizard boys' angst stat. I love them all so much. 

They are all great. It's really funny because each episode the narrator tries to outdo the previous one in annoying difficult-to-get elements (most recently Liam included actual German).

3 hours ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Essek and Caleb? Hmm... idk. I’ve never thought of that before. 

Really? I personally don't ship them, but it is one of the more popular and well-known ships (along with Beau/Yasha and literally every PC except maybe Caduceus /Jester).

I am currently watching through C1 for the first time, literally minutes before typing this I finished Omens which ends with

Spoiler

the city of Emon getting taken over by the Chroma Conclave just before the emperor is able to abdicate the throne in order to transition into what seems to have been going to be a parliamentary democracy.

In other words, things are beginning to happen. Dunh dunh duuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Personification said:

They are all great. It's really funny because each episode the narrator tries to outdo the previous one in annoying difficult-to-get elements (most recently Liam included actual German).

Really? I personally don't ship them, but it is one of the more popular and well-known ships (along with Beau/Yasha and literally every PC except maybe Caduceus /Jester).

I am currently watching through C1 for the first time, literally minutes before typing this I finished Omens which ends with

Reveal hidden contents

the city of Emon getting taken over by the Chroma Conclave just before the emperor is able to abdicate the throne in order to transition into what seems to have been going to be a parliamentary democracy.

In other words, things are beginning to happen. Dunh dunh duuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHA ok I'll make some time for them :). 

Yes! Smart wizard boys with troubled pasts and dubious loyalties who dont trust anyone but each other! I mean they dont trust each other but thats the hope.
You mean Beau and every PC? She does sure get around. :lol: It was super funny in the episode with the hag

Spoiler

When she was like, I've peaked, Ill leave my friends,  and Fjord was like um, you're amazing and young and you storm anything that breathes WTF are you talking about

because....accurate. 

My favourite new ship is Reani and Calliope. And everyone just falls in love with Jester? She's a total charisma magnet, despite not being traditionally charming. I actually wonder if Yasha is ready at all for a new relationship, she still seems to be very much mourning Zuala. 

So I started with campaign 2, and I haven't made it too far into campaign 1 yet. I started at the trial of the take, and im now early briarwood, cause I want to watch that before I see the animated series. Pretty slow going though. 

What are you favourite WOW moments?

Spoiler

Fjord is probably my least favourite, but when he threw is pact blade into the furnace? Chills.

12 hours ago, Delightful said:

HAHAHA ok I'll make some time for them :). 

Yes! Smart wizard boys with troubled pasts and dubious loyalties who dont trust anyone but each other! I mean they dont trust each other but thats the hope.
You mean Beau and every PC? She does sure get around. :lol: It was super funny in the episode with the hag

Hide contents

When she was like, I've peaked, Ill leave my friends,  and Fjord was like um, you're amazing and young and you storm anything that breathes WTF are you talking about

because....accurate. 

My favourite new ship is Reani and Calliope. And everyone just falls in love with Jester? She's a total charisma magnet, despite not being traditionally charming. I actually wonder if Yasha is ready at all for a new relationship, she still seems to be very much mourning Zuala. 

So I started with campaign 2, and I haven't made it too far into campaign 1 yet. I started at the trial of the take, and im now early briarwood, cause I want to watch that before I see the animated series. Pretty slow going though. 

What are you favourite WOW moments?

Hide contents

Fjord is probably my least favourite, but when he threw is pact blade into the furnace? Chills.

Well, there is Beau and every guest, but among the PCs, its only really her and Yasha and her and Jester. Meanwhile, everyone except Cad and possibly Nott and Yasha have directly stated either in character or in Talks Machina that they are at least somewhat attracted to Jester. Also, Yasha is definitely not ready for a new relationship, Beau just didn't realize it when she started flirting in episode one.

As to WOW!! moments, I obviously love the cupcake, and the scene with Fjord in the volcano was pretty awesome. I also love the Bad Luck Bandits, and I still remember Cad getting around the ettin fight using Calm Emotions.

11 hours ago, Personification said:

Well, there is Beau and every guest, but among the PCs, its only really her and Yasha and her and Jester. Meanwhile, everyone except Cad and possibly Nott and Yasha have directly stated either in character or in Talks Machina that they are at least somewhat attracted to Jester. Also, Yasha is definitely not ready for a new relationship, Beau just didn't realize it when she started flirting in episode one.

As to WOW!! moments, I obviously love the cupcake, and the scene with Fjord in the volcano was pretty awesome. I also love the Bad Luck Bandits, and I still remember Cad getting around the ettin fight using Calm Emotions.

Jester/Fjord used to be a ship, but not for a long time really. And Nott and Caleb before Yeza came back (oh my goodness I love Yeza so much, he's so kind and wholesome). And I know that there's a Fjord/Caleb ship but I dont really see it. Oh, and Widowmauk! 

Oh god, the cupcake. That was *brilliant*. And the whole Traveller reveal.

• 1 month later...
On 6/10/2020 at 1:56 PM, Delightful said:

Hello, Bees!

Yaaaas

I finally finished campaign 2 and am just starting 1

i really love Essek and Caleb as a couple

if we're going by the ones in the party though, i'll go through my top ones

i like, of course, yasha and beau, but that would take a lot of healing on yasha's part

jester and caleb is one that could be amazing for caleb as a whole, and i can see it, though i don't know if either of the players have thought of it

if molly were still around, i like molly and fjord.

Nott/Veth was never really someone i felt like shipping with the rest of the party, so yeza was good

other then that... yeah i think that's it, i feel like cad isn't gonna go with any of the rest of the party (prolly)

also, y'all. Jester and Cad will get true resurrection, and they know where the corpse is. we could eventually get molly back

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/08/2020 at 8:47 AM, Ark1002 said:

Yaaaas

I finally finished campaign 2 and am just starting 1

if we're going by the ones in the party though, i'll go through my top ones

i like, of course, yasha and beau, but that would take a lot of healing on yasha's part

jester and caleb is one that could be amazing for caleb as a whole, and i can see it, though i don't know if either of the players have thought of it

if molly were still around, i like molly and fjord.

Nott/Veth was never really someone i felt like shipping with the rest of the party, so yeza was good

other then that... yeah i think that's it, i feel like cad isn't gonna go with any of the rest of the party (prolly)

also, y'all. Jester and Cad will get true resurrection, and they know where the corpse is. we could eventually get molly back

Yasha I think is healing. Im not totally caught up but Ive seen fan art and It seems like beau/yasha is becoming a thing?
Ohh Jester/Caleb is a good match. I vaguely remember in a Talks Machina, I think when Caleb made Jester the amber lollipops in the Xorhouse, Liam said Caleb does have a crush on her. I also ship Caleb/Molly, but not as strongly. 

Yeah, Veth being into Caleb makes me a little uncomfortable. I think that and Yeza are the two crushes Veth has that isnt Sam just being as chaotic as possible. 
I get ace vibes from Cad. I dont think hes ever expressed anything remotely romantic or sexual. 

Actually a Jester/Essek/Caleb throuple would be so entertaining. 

So when Molly died there was a lot of talk about resurrection, I dont think its Taleisins plan. Of course the other players can and will do whatever they like but i think Taliesin and Matt intend for him to stay dead. It would be super cool if they went back to resurrect him and they find the grave empty. 

Hi! I’m all caught up on C2 and working my way through C1. You can probably guess who my favorite character is, but Caleb is a close second, though he hasn’t been taking as prominent a role in the Vokodo arc, I was so sad to find out that he had (spoilers for ~ep. 105 I think)

Spoiler

a real cat before Frumpkin, and probably burned it along with his parents.

On 8/6/2020 at 7:47 AM, Ark1002 said:

Same! Though, according to the Explorer’s guide to Wildemount:

Spoiler

Essek is neutral evil.

So that could present some problems. :P

I read that whole post in Jesters voice... 

1 hour ago, JesterLavorre said:

Same! Though, according to the Explorer’s guide to Wildemount:

Reveal hidden contents

Essek is neutral evil.

So that could present some problems. :P

Wait! Essek is in that book?!? One second, I have a book to search through.

the disclaimer on the explorers guide to Wildemount is one of my favorites. 
AE513DAE-B60F-4BAC-BD20-0A766D6A7F23.jpeg.22d6e98712cace84445fc7942a66109d.jpeg

1 hour ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Wait! Essek is in that book?!? One second, I have a book to search through.

Page 41 :).

1 hour ago, Blessing of Potency said:

the disclaimer on the explorers guide to Wildemount is one of my favorites. 
AE513DAE-B60F-4BAC-BD20-0A766D6A7F23.jpeg.22d6e98712cace84445fc7942a66109d.jpeg

Yep! Though I’m not sure what they’re talking about with the pets. Sprinkle is completely happy as an undead fully alive weasel that has not drowned on multiple occasions.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I can’t watch episodes live, but I finished 109: Frigid Propositions, and

Spoiler

I’m so excited to see Eiselcross. I ran a one-shot there a few weeks ago, and I’m excited to see how close I got my predictions about what it’s like. The one shot was even about digging up an ancient Aeor ruin!

A word on ships.

While Fjord and Jester is not my favorite ship, or even close, the biologist in me screams a little at the prospect of their children.

(to note, this is all based off of somewhat unlikely percentages, but the most basic percentage is this)

Fjord: Half human, half  orc

Jester: Half tiefling, half water genasi. This expands to: (Quarter fiend, three quarters human) (half human half elemental)

BACK TO CRITICAL ROLE I'LL BE BACK

32 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

A word on ships.

While Fjord and Jester is not my favorite ship, or even close, the biologist in me screams a little at the prospect of their children.

(to note, this is all based off of somewhat unlikely percentages, but the most basic percentage is this)

Fjord: Half human, half  orc

Jester: Half tiefling, half water genasi. This expands to: (Quarter fiend, three quarters human) (half human half elemental)

BACK TO CRITICAL ROLE I'LL BE BACK

Actually, Jester isn't part demon. Tieflings are basically humans with major phenotypic warping due to their ancestors altering themselves on a genetic level in diabolic rituals. Of course, tiefling traits seem to be somewhat dominant, so the human side of the potential Fjorester would probably be tiefly.

31 minutes ago, Personification said:

Actually, Jester isn't part demon. Tieflings are basically humans with major phenotypic warping due to their ancestors altering themselves on a genetic level in diabolic rituals. Of course, tiefling traits seem to be somewhat dominant, so the human side of the potential Fjorester would probably be tiefly.

Fiend. Not demon. Trust me, I know the difference. While yes, that is one of the creations of tiefling, the only genetic percentage basis i know of is that a succubus/incubus has a cambion when it breeds with a humanoid. That cambion has tiefling children. Tieflings are weird, and as such cannot be perfectly defined, but there is only one genetic base, which is 1/4 fiend.

ALSO, TO ALL OF THOSE THAT WATCHED THE LAST EPISODE: MY HEART IS NOT OKAY RIGHT NOW MY MIND IS ON OVERDRIVE AND I CAN'T LEARN MORE NEXT WEEK IT'S A WHOLE TWO WEEKS AND AH AH AHAHAhaAHA

MASSIVE SPOILERS:

Spoiler

MOLLY IS BACK BUT NOT BACK MAYBE HE'S SORTA BACK BUT NOT REALLY AND THEY STOLE HIM AND AAAAAAAAAH AND THE MOMENT I REALIZED THAT THEY HAD RESURRECTION I WAS LIKE AAAAH THEY CAN BRING MOLLY BACK AND THEN SOMEONE TALKED ABOUT TAL NOT WANTING HIM BACK AND I WAS LIKE OHHHH NOOOOO WAIT A MINUTE HE'S GONNA BE A BIG OL VILLAIN AIN'T HE AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAH

sorry for the caps my brain is fried.

• 3 weeks later...

You know, I really thought last episode was the cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers. And I wasn't wrong. But the lack of resolution on that one, coupled with another massive cliffhanger? That's preeeetty bad. At least we only gotta wait a week for this one.

Spoiler

I MEAN, SERIOUSLY? TWO EPISODES IN A ROW END WITH THE REVIVED CORPSES OF CHARACTERS NO ONE HAS SEEN FOR 50+ EPISODES????
THAT'S FRICKIN WEIRD

Would anyone here who watches live be interesting in a CR 17th Shard watching party.  I tend to watch reactions on discord, Tumblr, and twitter, but find it a little overwhelming.  A smaller group might be fun.

I agree that the recent cliff hangers have been nuts!

Spoilers for episode 112:

Spoiler

This was actually one of my favorite episodes recently. We got so many fun moments:

• Crab Grass
  • That adorable, awkward, Beau x Yasha moment.  (what is their ship name anyway?)
  • Undead Avantika! 

Imagine if they lose the Crystal to Avantika, and just have to bail on Vess to go stop Uk’otoa from rising.

Also, you can tell I’ve been thinking about this a lot because I had dream with Molly in it last night. I don’t remember anything else about, though. :P

I’m pretty sure Avantika is some variant of a Deathlock, now, probably beefed up and modified if I know Matt.

Edit: Whoops! Accidentally published before I was done. Comatose, I’m usually not able to watch live, but this week I will (unless something else comes up), if you want to do some kind of watch party.

Edit 2: @Comatose so you see this.

Edited by JesterLavorre

On 10/20/2020 at 10:06 AM, Comatose said:

Would anyone here who watches live be interesting in a CR 17th Shard watching party.  I tend to watch reactions on discord, Tumblr, and twitter, but find it a little overwhelming.  A smaller group might be fun.

I agree that the recent cliff hangers have been nuts!

I find that idea fun

I almost always watch live, so yeah

spoilers for 113:

Spoiler

the part of me that wants to watch the world burn was sad that avantika didn't actually get away.

The part that thought zombie avantika was epic was sad that she was cut in half and eaten by orcas

the part of me that wanted them to get to eiselcross faster just honestly thought "can you just let this lady get away, who cares"

basically, I was sad about how the avantika after-party went down.

But also, sea-rex.

So the episode averaged out to an average one.

Spoilers ep 113

Spoiler

@Ark1002 I think they had to stop her because if she got away with the Cloven Crystal, they would have pretty much had to abort the Eiselcross mission to prevent U'ko'toa from escaping.  I would not be surprised if she came back though.  If she's a Revenant, which seems likely, I think that means she can regenerate every 24 hours, and keeps coming back until her adversary is dead, or until she runs out of extra time (1 year).  I am guessing we will see her again.  

Maybe anyone is interested can post in here Thursdays, and then we can get a chat going?   Or we could start a discord channel?