Critical Role

Lunu’anaki

Who on the Shard watches Critical Role? The famous Dungeons and Dragons Twitch stream/podcast? I'd love to hear from you, your theories, your favorite characters, and more! Let's Talk Critrole!

As a rule of thumb, let's leave spoilers for recent episodes to a minimum.

Edited by Lunu’anaki

7 hours ago, Minimanmax1 said:

Personally a big fan of Critical Role, try and keep up every week. Depressed Wizard boi Caleb is my favourite character for sure. Super excited for more in his arc and for more in Fjord's arc and his newfound direction.

Caleb is one I’m my favorites from campaign 2 as well!! Liam is incredible!

6 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Just starting, so far it seems this is going to be an amazing trip. I just hope I can catch up some day.

It truly is! It may take awhile but at least you’ve got plenty of content to keep you busy!!

3 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

THANK THE STARS!!!
I've found a fan! Where is the first episode you'd recommend I start with? I go to their channel, but I have no clue which one is the first one- can you point me in the right direction? :D

:D I recommend starting with campaign 2 episode 1

they started streaming their first campaign in the middle so it’s a weird starting point and the recording starts off really rough. Campaign 1 is excellent but it’s something better to watch after you familiarize yourself with them as a group!

6 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

THANK THE STARS!!!
I've found a fan! Where is the first episode you'd recommend I start with? I go to their channel, but I have no clue which one is the first one- can you point me in the right direction? :D

I would also recommend starting with episode 1 of Campaign 2. The production quality is really solid and so is the actual show itself. There is also the option of watching Dani Carr's Critical Recaps which are on the channel, They're all short recap videos of each weeks episode so if you wanted to just get basic plot points and catch up to the airing of the show you could. Personally I'd say actually watch the show through as there are tons of awesome Roleplaying and story moments that are just simply amazing. 

On 11/7/2019 at 2:15 PM, Lord Furret said:

I watched the first four (I think) episodes of the first campaign, but got bored because I didn't understand what was going on. I'll probably watch season 2 instead,

That happened with me too. Campaign 2 you’re starting when the players are so it’s a lot different. You get invested in the characters! 

Then C1 is worth watching because you love the people playing :D (And the characters do grow on you. Incredibly so... it just takes a bit more time)

On 11/11/2019 at 11:56 PM, Eluvianii said:

I don't know. I went in completely blind to Campaign 1 and from the first few minutes I already liked the players, and after that it took an episode to know and love the characters too.

Props. Campaign one was incredible!! I cried at least 100 times watching it and i usually don't cry watching anything :blink:

On 12/11/2019 at 11:35 PM, Lunu’anaki said:

Props. Campaign one was incredible!! I cried at least 100 times watching it and i usually don't cry watching anything :blink:

Well, so far I've laughed, mostly, but then again I'm only starting. They've mentioned emotional scenes from before they started streaming and I can't wait so witness one in person.

On 11/5/2019 at 8:35 PM, Lunu’anaki said:

Caleb is one I’m my favorites from campaign 2 as well!! Liam is incredible!

+1 on Liam being awesome. And Marisha. And Travis. And Laura. And Talisman Giraffe. And everyone else, they're all amazing. I made the switch from 3e to 5th by watching these guys; I picked up the rules and how to play the classes by watching them play, and learned what proper RPing is like from their example. It's made the game so much more fun.

7 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

Can't wait for the animated Vox Machina series as well!

^ This! Yessss. 24 episodes of animated brilliance. And speaking of things to look forward to, how about that return of Ashley 'Technically Vice President of DnDBeyond's Party Planning Department' Johnson? I am stoked

12 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I’ll add it to the increasingly long list of things I must watch. 

It's funny because they're four-hour episodes... :lol:

(I recommend that you start with the non-canonical one-shots. The funny ones, none of this hardcore Undeadwood stuff. I'm partial to Crash Pandas, but they're all good. You won't get a taste of Matt's DM style, but you also won't need any background knowledge to figure out what's going on. :D)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

oh my god necromancy time

I WATCHED TWO EPISODES TODAY AFTER I THREW UP

I've watched about ten in all I think, the last 5 or so, and I've started watching the beginning of the campaign 2. I'm watching episode 7 now.