The Big 4 Cosmere Edition. Who wins?

Bigmikey357

I believe that Roshar would win the war. Based on the simple fact that they have the singers. With hundreds of powerful forms to draw from. They could probably adapt their soldiers to face whatever the other 3 worlds throw at them. Even with Scadrial's airships using stormform the Parshmen could turn those weapons against there own forces. That'[s just one form of power who knows what the others can do to enemies. Hundreds of forms plus the shards could probably beat what anyone throws at them. Granted I don't thinlk this would be an easy fight. But I suspect that turning stormlight against their enemies would probably beat Sel,Nathalis and Scadrial. WIth horrible losses sure but a victory nonetheless. Not to mention the Alethi have the Thrill to aid them. Comapred to the other races. Hence my argument for Roshar's eventually victory over the rest.

So although I do not think this will "win the war" for Sel, I did just want to point something out. Bloodsealing I think could be quite the feather in Sel's cap that the OP said is included, but no one has really commented on. Awakening is theoretically easier in so far as using one breath per lifeless, but it is still a depreciating resource. That is a breath used on a lifeless that is lost when the lifeless is destroyed. Conversely, (from what little we know), so long as a bloodsealer has corpses, and blood, he can create Skeletals all day everyday. Skeletals are very limited in what they can do (since Shai for instance was able to fight one off), but still being able to turn any losses on any side into a fresh troop to absorb/draw attacks I think is quite the boon. Elantrians can be blasting, teleporting and so on with their aons, while forgers essentially act as an assembly line, turning crude weapons (such as rusted axes, widdled arrows, and so on) into fresh weapons for the battlefield, while skeletals march forward with Dakhor monks running among them taking out any dedicated targets. After the battle, when the wounded retreat, the skeletals grab fresh bodies from the battlefield to join their ranks. Again, not saying this means they will win, just thought it would be a nice additional tactic. 

Edited by Pathfinder

Here is a question to consider. Are we limiting Sel's range? If so what would that limit be? If we don't limit it, then arguably  Sel is the most powerful force of the 4. AonDor is frankly the most powerful magic system Brandon has made. It's range limit being it's only real downside 

I think that things would likely turn to a stalemate after Nalthis, Roshar, and Scadrial Fought it out, then attacked Sel, only to realize that they have approximately no chance of destroying the city. Elantrians in Elantris can regen from almost anything, and their Aons could literally put up an energy shield around the city that could only be broken by either aluminum or some form of investiture, perhaps shardblades, and that doesn't even begin to bring in the other magic systems. The only scenario in which the Sel loses, is if they walk into a fight with Roshar or Scadrial, are too far from Elantris (or whatever they name their city) and are completely destroyed, without being able to retreat in time.

• Chaos locked this topic