Radiant partnership ?

Friendshipspren

So suppose two radiants of different orders decide to use thier surges to help each.  

Which combos would be the best for war or peace ?

I will start ,

WindRunners and EdgeDancers :

Suppose Lift gets a piggy back ride on Kaladin. Kaladin could use Gravitation to fly , use multiple lashings to go faster but soon air friction will slow him down /harm him . But then Lift makes him and herself slick and viola .

Think of any other combos, pls comment :)

2 hours ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Dustbringer/LightWeaver: one soulcasts fuel and oxygen. Other burns it 

I like it... 

combos.. let me think..

Windrunners/dustbringers = flying plus fire = you have equivalent of fire breathing dragons..

(wait, is that what skybreakers will be, i like the idea of skybreakers causing lightning.. they literally break the sky!!)

edgedancer/elsecaller = lift can slide jasnah across the battlefield and jasnah will touch soldiers turning them into stone/crystal/fire

windrunners/lightweavers = as if flying army was not deadly enough but which ones are real 

17 minutes ago, PrinceGenocide said:

They do ? Oh u mean the temporary perpendicularaity. Right 

I think what he means is that Bondsmiths are capable of using adhesion to sort of use/direct other orders surges. e.g. Dalinar and Shallan together make that roshar world map. Shallan's lightweaving and Stormfather's perspective, as in, how he sees the world during highstorms. 

I agree @Karger to the extent that similar stuff should be possible with all the other surges.. 

But what that might be like, that is open to speculation..

Edited by The traveller

10 minutes ago, The traveller said:

I think that Bondsmiths are capable of using adhesion to sort of use/direct other orders surges.

They can. Like the illusory map Dalinar makes with Shallan. 

LerasiumMistborn

You said Bondsmiths can boost other Radiants' powers. That moment when Dalinar helped Shallan a create a map. Can he do it with all Radiants? And this “boost” is always different with each Order?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, and yes.

Skyward Pre-Release AMA (Oct. 19, 2018)

Less action-oriented, but how about Willshaper/Lightweaver? They explore new territory together, with the Willshaper teleporting and them from place to place, and the Lightweaver drawing hyper-accurate maps and images of what they discover.

Well, I've always suspected that futuresight might be a power of the Truthwatchers that was simply kept secret due to the associations with Odium. I've thought of the power as resulting from the Spiritual expression of their Surges: Illumination of Progression .

Truthwatchers do see something. There was one instance in the Urithiru gem archive, where an emerald had the recording "I foresaw this". The idea that his futuresight is a Voidbinding power comes from one WoB, where Brandon points to the Voidbinding chart when asked what's going on with Renarin's visions. Following that Brandon says that he'll RAFO questions on whether Renarin is Voidbinding, though he does say that his visions aren't a normal expression of Surgebinding, though that might refer to how his visions manifest, but I'm not so sure about that.

We do know that access to the Spiritual Realm grants access to Fortune. So maybe post-Honor's death Bondsmith plus Truthwatcher might result in a futuresight power more definitively.

On 11/6/2019 at 0:53 AM, Calderis said:

They can. Like the illusory map Dalinar makes with Shallan. 

So if Bondsmiths can "boost" another Radiant's Surgebinding, and since there can be up to three Bondsmiths at a time, would two Bondsmiths working together achieve a kind of duralumin-level Surgeboost?

• Chaos locked this topic