If you held Szeth's oathstone, what would you do?

NameIess

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'd have him be my personal enforcer to beat up anyone I really don't like (Nothing major for the most part) Remove certain people in high positions that the world could do without, have him do anything I don't like doing, maybe try and use him to blackmail rich people to give several people money, one of which will be me and the others will be to cover my tracks, and be a personal bodyguard so I don't have to fear death by gunshot or if I get in an accident he can fly me to a hospital or may even let me use the damn blade to heal before giving it back.

So yeah, I'd actually use him as an assassin/enforcer. 

Edited by Aspiring Writer

2 hours ago, Ookla the Grammatical said:

I would... have him get books for me. And then I'd have him get a job and earn money. After that, I'd... wait, there are no rules about setting him free. Right? 

Pretty sure you can't set him free. You can probably tell him to live his life, but he'd then try and find a new master for 'honor'.

Just now, Ookla the Grammatical said:

... Or I could do it when I just barely... sent him to go get me some Peruvian chocolate.

Not like that. Szeth might not want to be free. he feels he's honorbound to be ruthless. he might get a new stone or stop you from breaking the stone or still consider the stone viable even after it's broken.

Just now, Aspiring Writer said:

Not like that. Szeth might not want to be free. he feels he's honorbound to be ruthless. he might get a new stone or stop you from breaking the stone or still consider the stone viable even after it's broken.

Hmm, then I'll put it in a box. Except shoot, he's got an Honorblade.

On 11/28/2020 at 7:18 PM, Aspiring Writer said:

Szeth might stop you. The oathstone is supposed to be a punishment he can't get out of until he dies.

There's a WoB somewhere that says he might transfer his allegiance to the weapon that broke his stone. Or something. Szeth is mentally unstable so it could really depend on what he was feeling like at that time.