Did anybody think lightsong was a detective in prev life

SzethIsBadAsHell

Upon first reading Warbreaker , Did you at first assume Lightsong was a detective or constable in his precious life . The way he was curious about who broke into mercy star temple and investigated about what was going on with the lifeless commands. Yes I have finished the book . Yes I know what his occupation was , I was just wondering how many got that impression from the book .

I remember being a little disapointed about that.  Like the dude was just a bookie?  Hmmm.... Makes me wonder what Blushweaver was, as I can't remember if they mentioned it or not.

Edited by Enoshima Junko

25 minutes ago, Enoshima Junko said:

I remember being a little disapointed about that.  Like the dude was just a bookie?  Hmmm.... Makes me wonder what Blushweaver was, as I can't remember if they mentioned it or not.

She died because she testified at a trial that she knew was risky.  She was murdered afterward and gained the name Blushweaver the Honest.

6 minutes ago, Debarra said:

In the annotations Sanderson told us which she was.

Hide contents

She wasn't anyone really speacil. She died because she was a witness to some sort of crime and they went after her as a result. Despite the personal risk to her she did so anyway. Hence why she was Blushweaver the honest.

Thanks much.  This just further proves my theory that in any entertainment medium it's always my fave chraracters that will end up 

Spoiler

dying during or at the end of the story.  I really hate that.

I didn't think he was a detective or any other directly investigation related jobs simply because that was the first answer that popped into Lightsong's head.

Despite the Returned and "my life to yours" thing, I thought that finding out who he was before dying and Returning, was going to be Lightsong's story arc. I suppose it was, in a way...

Edited by Honorless

This question got me thinking along some different lines.  The Returned don't remember anything about their 'previous life,' however, their spirit-web does.  It is essentially who they are really.  When they Return, they don't look like they did prior to death.  Thier bodies are made more perfect images of what is in their spirit-web.  One saw himself still as a child and that is how he appeared despite being one of the oldest known Returned.  Lightsong subconsiously saw himself as bigger, stronger and more noble looking than he was in his mortal life, because that is who he really was in his spirit-web.  This didn't change his past, but his spirit-web convinced him that he was a hero of some sort, because he acutally was; just not the type he assumed.