50 minutes ago, ShardEye said:

Is nightblood's voice female or male and can it read anyone's thoughts or just whoever is holding it?

Hello, @ShardEye. Welcome to the 17th Shard! Hmm, you should ask questions on their respective book forums if you want more responses. Nightblood's voice is male and only a those he's "bonded" to can hear it or those he's trying to "seduce", I think.

3 hours ago, ShardEye said:

Is nightblood's voice female or male and can it read anyone's thoughts or just whoever is holding it?

To elaborate: unsheathing him isn't the same as unsheathing any other fantasy run-of-the-mill magical swords. He isn't just dangerous as a sword, i.e. to cut things, he is also dangerous simply as a being. Even unsheathing him a tiny bit can allow him to kill. And of course unsheathed he can cut on all Three Realms and absorb the Spiritual Investiture of whatever he cut, with the price of sucking in Investiture from his wielder as well. He can apparently collapse a Perpendicularity and even Hoid gives him a wide berth. Holding him isn't the same as wielding him, he chooses his wielder, sort of "bonding" them. Others can pick him up (and then stab themselves with him still fully sheathed because they're not not-evil as they were tempted by him). Nightblood is very strange.

His sheath is aluminium (which is how us, non-'muricans say it).

Edited by Honorless

21 hours ago, ShardEye said:

Hey! Welcome to the Shard! It's been pointed out but I recommend moving this to the forum for the book itself.

It's worth noting that, and I'm going to spoiler tag this because it's in the Introduction forum, spoilers for SA and Warbreaker: 

Spoiler

Nightblood as no assigned gender assigned. Vasher uses male pronouns, while Lift refers to it using female pronouns.

Hope to see you around!