Coppermind internet

ShardEye

1 hour ago, PrinceGenocide said:

I'm pretty sure marasi has terris blood. VanDell says that most of elendel population has some Terris blood. I assume that applies to the nobility too.

As for the southern Scadrians , I'm pretty  sure all of them have terris blood.

Tlr didn't persecute the terris in the south. 

I'm assuming feruchemists or atleast terrismen existed in the south as well , they were put there by tlr .

It would make sense , he needed a untampered sample population and he wouldn't neglect his own race.

Also remember Sazed saying in TFE , that before the first Ascension , Feruchemists were more common than Lerasium bloodline mistings in the final empire.

So I guess there were lots of feruchemy genes .

Also unlike Allomancy , feruchemy doesn't lose potency through generations , it can keep on spreading forever. It simply splinters into ferrings .

For a thousand yrs they interbred with the general populace and now everyone in the south has some terris blood. Anyone without would have died out during the ice death.

Due to the genetic dilation ferrings , most notably the firemothers and firefathers became the norm along with a much smaller number  of non-lerasium based mistings.

I guess they interbred too much and full feruchemy became impossible to manifest.

Point taken. I forgot about the fact that Ferrochemists existed prior to TLR. I cant shake the idea that one of the southerners said that none of them knew the metallic arts, but maybe that was just in reference to Allomancy?

Either way, if everyone is part Terris, then a massive copper-net should still work with Nicrosil.

and I still wouldn't be surprised if the nicrosil made it possible for other-worlders to utilize it as well. It wouldn't be the first time a shard's magic system was able to work outside of the people born into it. Anyone can become an awakener, Hoid bonded a spren, and I'm certain we'll see other examples in the future. It's not like being Terris makes you a Ferrochemist, and we've seen non-ferrochemists use these. In fact, it's their entire reason for existing.

2 hours ago, Lunu’anaki said:

Point taken. I forgot about the fact that Ferrochemists existed prior to TLR. I cant shake the idea that one of the southerners said that none of them knew the metallic arts, but maybe that was just in reference to Allomancy?

Either way, if everyone is part Terris, then a massive copper-net should still work with Nicrosil.

and I still wouldn't be surprised if the nicrosil made it possible for other-worlders to utilize it as well. It wouldn't be the first time a shard's magic system was able to work outside of the people born into it. Anyone can become an awakener, Hoid bonded a spren, and I'm certain we'll see other examples in the future. It's not like being Terris makes you a Ferrochemist, and we've seen non-ferrochemists use these. In fact, it's their entire reason for existing.

Agreed..

17 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

May I weigh in with my take on the way a Medallion is accessible by anybody?

The secret ingredient is Hemalurgy.

Step 1: Have Nicrosil and Aluminum Feruchemy. (any method)

Step 2: Spike someone's feruchemy out of them. (optional: have them also store their Identity while spiking them to get an 'unkeyed spike', but this may be a moot point later)

Step 3: Store your Identity and then store the Spike's fragment of spiritweb inside the Nicrosil of the medallion. This is the key difference between a normal Soulbearer Ferring and a Medallion. This Nicrosil doesn't just contain "ability to tap x metal", it contains an unkeyed fragment of spiritweb which was used as a hemalurgic charge.

Step 4: Fill the other metal of the Medallion while storing Identity, if needed. (e.g. not copper or iron, probably)

And done! One functional Medallion useable by anyone, due to the stored Spiritweb wanting to "Latch on" due to being an unkeyed hemalurgic charge, temporarily binding to whoever attempts to use it.

I've seen this theory a couple  times but to me it seems no more plausible than a nicrosilmind filled with anything else. The charge would still be stored in the nicrosilmind.

15 hours ago, StanLemon said:

I've seen this theory a couple  times but to me it seems no more plausible than a nicrosilmind filled with anything else. The charge would still be stored in the nicrosilmind.

I’d also hesitate to believe that Kelsier’s method of saving the south involved removing the potential for ferrochemy from an entire population... unless he’s doing it to help Harmony reduce the number of full ferrochemists on Scadrial or something? 

On 11/2/2019 at 0:56 PM, Lunu’anaki said:

They have latent feruchemy genes. That's why they can access the medallions. 

So far the dilution hasn't been a problem but soon the dilution might lead to those genes being bred out in most of the population. This might have huge consequences. 

One the southern Scadrians might have to migrate to the north , mainly to the continent having elendel.

Two. It will make the Coppernet and other such inventions unaccessible.

Three. The pure terrismen of elendel might develop a superiority complex. Think they are better than everyone else and see the very existance of other races as a threat to them. Brandon has repeatedly stated about how Scadrial is an experiment as to what would happen if bloodlines actually confered greater ability. Terris or atleast some of them , going all Nazi would be a great plot driver . The Terrismen are already isolationist and think themselves apart from common law and such.

Even if there is no such danger. It still limits such inventions to Scadrial. It won't be a problem in era 2 , but in era 3 with Scadrial going interplanetary. It will be a problem on other planets like roshar or nalthis. 

Allomancy and feruchemy are different from other magic systems in that they require spiritual DNA. Spiritual DNA which is endemic to Scadrial and the result of the Ati and Leras creating a copy of humanity rather than adopting Yolish refugees or whatever.

Breath and nahel bonds work with any humans. Not to mention Hoid can hardly be used as an example . He's not even human anymore as per a WoB. Also he's an original magic user from pre shattering Yolen. Probably the only one excluding the shard vessels. 

Scadrian magic is easier than Selish but not near as easy as Nalthisian. Without actually conjugating with Terris blooded Scadrians or using hemalurgy to atleast steal some Terris genes , I don't think u can really access it. 

That's my theory anyway. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, PrinceGenocide said:

They have latent feruchemy genes. That's why they can access the medallions. 

So far the dilution hasn't been a problem but soon the dilution might lead to those genes being bred out in most of the population. This might have huge consequences. 

One the southern Scadrians might have to migrate to the north , mainly to the continent having elendel.

Two. It will make the Coppernet and other such inventions unaccessible.

Three. The pure terrismen of elendel might develop a superiority complex. Think they are better than everyone else and see the very existance of other races as a threat to them. Brandon has repeatedly stated about how Scadrial is an experiment as to what would happen if bloodlines actually confered greater ability. Terris or atleast some of them , going all Nazi would be a great plot driver . The Terrismen are already isolationist and think themselves apart from common law and such.

Even if there is no such danger. It still limits such inventions to Scadrial. It won't be a problem in era 2 , but in era 3 with Scadrial going interplanetary. It will be a problem on other planets like roshar or nalthis. 

Allomancy and feruchemy are different from other magic systems in that they require spiritual DNA. Spiritual DNA which is endemic to Scadrial and the result of the Ati and Leras creating a copy of humanity rather than adopting Yolish refugees or whatever.

Breath and nahel bonds work with any humans. Not to mention Hoid can hardly be used as an example . He's not even human anymore as per a WoB. Also he's an original magic user from pre shattering Yolen. Probably the only one excluding the shard vessels. 

Scadrian magic is easier than Selish but not near as easy as Nalthisian. Without actually conjugating with Terris blooded Scadrians or using hemalurgy to atleast steal some Terris genes , I don't think u can really access it. 

That's my theory anyway. :rolleyes:

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think that your theory is giving enough credit to the Cosmere-wide attribute of Identity and how it plays into unkeyed metalminds and potentially, the medallions. ((EDIT: As I read this I'm realizing how stupid it sounds, since unkeyed metalminds still require ferrochemists....so I redact this statement. lol))

I'm sure this is something we will learn in the future though and I'm excited to find out! I'm not sure if you heard Brandon's Dragoncon Stormlight 4 reading recently but based on that we might even be seeing an answer sooner than we expect...maybe:P

Edited by Lunu’anaki

7 hours ago, Lunu’anaki said:

I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think that your theory is giving enough credit to the Cosmere-wide attribute of Identity and how it plays into unkeyed metalminds and potentially, the medallions. ((EDIT: As I read this I'm realizing how stupid it sounds, since unkeyed metalminds still require ferrochemists....so I redact this statement. lol))

I'm sure this is something we will learn in the future though and I'm excited to find out! I'm not sure if you heard Brandon's Dragoncon Stormlight 4 reading recently but based on that we might even be seeing an answer sooner than we expect...maybe:P

Navani's version of the night of gavilars death. I heard it. 

Is there anything else ? I'm new to these things and don't know my way around yet. 

1 hour ago, PrinceGenocide said:

Navani's version of the night of gavilars death. I heard it. 

Is there anything else ? I'm new to these things and don't know my way around yet. 

A “steward” was present with a number of metal rings and other jewelry.

It screams ferrochemist to me, and this would be taking place in a time very close to Mistborn Era 2. Medallions and all that are a long shot but it’s another person potentially from Scadrial, one involved with events on a very important night at that

35 minutes ago, Lunu’anaki said:

A “steward” was present with a number of metal rings and other jewelry.

It screams ferrochemist to me, and this would be taking place in a time very close to Mistborn Era 2. Medallions and all that are a long shot but it’s another person potentially from Scadrial, one involved with events on a very important night at that

Oh storms , right . How did I miss that ? Thanx bruh 

• Chaos locked this topic