Vote in the next Bondsmith election!

Next bondsmith  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who will bond with Sibling?

2. 2. And the Nightwatcher?

2 hours ago, TheBlueTaco said:

I think it would be a cool dynamic for Taravangian to be a bondsmith, maybe eventually evolving to be a foil for Dalinar. Taravangian's condition would probably affect the logistics of the bonding.

Why and how?

21 hours ago, Karger said:

Why and how?

Both Taravangian and Dalinar are respected political figures, and if Taravangian became a bondsmith, they would both be bondsmiths.

With Taravangian changing mental capacity each day, how he uses his radiant abilities could be altered; when he is less intelligent, he might not have the ability to access some.

2 hours ago, TheBlueTaco said:

With Taravangian changing mental capacity each day, how he uses his radiant abilities could be altered; when he is less intelligent, he might not have the ability to access some.

Accessioning investiture takes intent not intelligence.  I don't think "stupid" T lacks willpower.

Rlain for Sibling, Navani for Nightwatcher. It seems to fit. The Sibling is somewhat of an outsider, from what we've been hinted at and from how the past Radiants talk about them, and Rlain can relate to that. Navani would fit with the Nightwatcher because of her whole building stuff thing, from which both good and bad stems. At least those are my thoughts.

Also, I'm still in full favor of Rlain getting that Metaphysical Bread.

22 minutes ago, Tristan_Hollow said:

Why is Rlain an option? Did I miss something about/related to him?

It's been a theory floating around as a way to help unify the two races, especially since now we full-on know that Nahel bonds with singers are possible and we Rlain deserves something going right in his life.

Edited by Invocation

6 minutes ago, Invocation said:

It's been a theory floating around as a way to help unify the two races, especially since now we full-on know that Nahel bonds with singers are possible and we Rlain deserves something going write in his life.

Oh, I like that theory. It would be nice to have more singers as main characters.

1 hour ago, Invocation said:

We'll probably get more in SA4. There's a reason we haven't heard from Rlain in a little bit, and Sandman hints that it's important. We'll see him again.)

I want to see Rlain reunited with the remaining listeners in the next book

Just now, The traveller said:

I want to see Rlain reunited with the remaining listeners in the next book

That's probably what we'll see. I'm gonna put the rest of this in a spoiler box for the people who don't want to see it.

Spoiler

He disappeared about halfway through Oathbringer after going back to the warcamps (and probably into the Shattered Plains) and there was a group of listeners in WoR that fled the Stormform transformation also into the Shattered Plains. I'm reasonably confident he went after them, per a few past theories here on the Shard and the WOBs about Rlain's disappearance being important.

I think SA4 is gonna give us more Rlain POVs and see him leading those listeners like Kaladin did the emancipated ones after Hearthstone.

18 minutes ago, Invocation said:

That's probably what we'll see. 

I agree 

Spoiler

After Rlain had his heart to heart with Kaladin, he might have suggested Rlain to go look for any survivors and that they would be welcomed in urithiru..